Which abbreviations annoy you?

benx53

Ben, you've listed every single abbreviation there is online. You seriously have problems..

You're such an angry person, is your own self esteem so low that you need to insult everyone? :S You're like this in loads of threads and its annoying..

Although i use a few i dont like extensive use of "y" on the end of anything, i see "bezzy ring" - bezerker ring, or Nezzy helm - neitiznot, i mean how lazy do you need to be :P

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup, skimmy, all those that end in y except addy like fally, lumby, lobby, swordy

Same with me except I don't like fally, lumby, lobby, or swordfish either.

Signatures are useless. That's why I have one.

benx53.png

Average level 49.13 going for 50!

Maybe if Jagex gave us more then 50 character's per line, we could actually type out a whole sentence. Jagex is the reason we have all these abbreviations.

The only one's that annoy me are the ones that are just as long, hardly longer, and use for begging.

(plx, plz, pl0x) I also don't like when people put letter's in wrong places and sound like a 10 year olds. Hey, do yu no were I cen git rune pl8?

w4M8t.png

Maybe if Jagex gave us more then 50 character's per line, we could actually type out a whole sentence. Jagex is the reason we have all these abbreviations.

The only one's that annoy me are the ones that are just as long, hardly longer, and use for begging.

(plx, plz, pl0x) I also don't like when people put letter's in wrong places and sound like a 10 year olds. Hey, do yu no were I cen git rune pl8?

Actually, I believe the character limit is 80 or so.

I think part of this as well is that people who own cell phones and text message people carry over the slang from there. Sometimes it's easier to intentionally misspell something for the purpose of speed. For example, you have to a word with the two consecutive letters on the same key, so you just substitute another letter for the either for sake of time.

I see this in other people's text messages.. I hate doing that. I'm not one to use abbreviations much, so even when I text message people, I spell everything out and use proper punctuation. That's just a thing.. meh, I'm weird.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

-noob (it has no meaning really)

It does have a meaning. It refers mostly to an immature player, though it is often abused by people calling other lower-leveled, poor, less knowledgable players' noobs.

And I also find it annoying...

End Of Year, F2P lvl 3 skiller.

Other account, Pkfr0mafar, EX noob-PKer.

Most abbreviations drive me insane. It's bad form and once you get in the habit it translates to other writing endeavors non-runescape related. Being a writer in real life, I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to spelling and grammar. I think all the text messaging devices are helping contribute to a generation of grammar illiterates.

Yes. I do use some abbreviations like 'ty' or 'tyvm' because when trading (or whatever) I like to say thank you before the person walks away. At one point I used 'ppl' for people, but stopped as I found myself doing it by habit outside of Runescape.

I do use 'lol', but I've been using that since... oh.... hm... late '80s.

Wildy is not an abbreviation, it's a nickname. There's a difference between nicknames and abbreviations. Such as using the name Andy for Andrew. This goes for Lumby, Fally, Cammy etc...

-Kaylivel

P.S. I can understand why people would use abbreviations. Some don't type quickly and they'd be at it all day if it weren't for shortcuts. Still... I have my opinion on the subject.

=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

mithfcamo,Kaylivel.gif

Kaylivel.gif

noob

-im wanna beach slap every person who uses this word, especially when it doesnt even work and ppl just say it cuz they have nothing else to say

lvl 90:dude diamonds arent worth 300 each..

lvl 30:omg yes they are noob

-and that lvl 30s an idiot

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

I wouldn't say I hate any of them.

I just think the ones where people add an extra 'y' to the end of the abbreviation are lame.

wildy, ardy, addy...

...seriously, where did that 'y' come from?

Wildy. Is there some sort of point behind that 'Y?'

Exactly

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

What does "tbh" mean? :roll:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

dragonmguthan,Qazadex.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

I swear everytime i go to a F2p world (i'm a member) some noob randomly trades me full iron or somin then he keeps tradin me. Most of runescape's population is a combined IQ of 20 #-o.

I just HATE;

m8

h8

pl8

And all those that ends with a 8. "#!")#!"# :wall:

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

I hate u. Yoou should call me either Swedish, Swedishboy, Swedishboy7 or anything else included Swedish. You is also fine. But I hate to be called u.
I hate to be called my combat level or kid. I don't mind Sting. But I hate Kid.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Most definitely 'plz' and 'noob'. So overused. Oh and after having a bad day and coming online to calm your nerves, the last thing you want to hear is some lame accusation / sick statement, only to see the next word being 'jk lol'. <.<

dontfearthereaper2.png

MY pet hate is leetspeak. I cannot see the point of it. Anyone trying to use that when talking to me gets ignored.

I also agrre with a previous writer that the majoritory of the abbrevuations come from the younger generations use of texting eg m8, gr8, txt, u, wat. ty etc. etc. Mind you in a few years time some of these will probably be recognised a legitimate English words by the Oxford English Dictionary (some are already contenders).