Sign in to follow this  
stratotanker

Easy Reporting of bad ads

Website Discussion (two forums below this one) >> Report bad ads here! sticky.

Tripsis, I think (he?) is saying that there should be a link to that in the top, like where it says "Welcome to the Tip.It Forums

For ban appeals, account problems or to report scam emails, click here

Come and join us in the official Tip.it Chat!", but as much as I support the idea, I would rather it be underneath the ad itself, just a little link at the bottom of the ad saying: "Report Offensive Advertisements."

I was just explaining to him where it was so he could make note of that in the future if such a feature is not enabled. Because he stated that he had trouble finding it. If you're a constant bad ad reporter, you could always bookmark it.

But yes, it would be a helpful feature to the users who are unaware of the sticky's existence. Might stop the number of threads that pop up here about bad ads as well :wink:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

would be nice to make it a bit more well known. I didn't even know we had that sticky :o

Anyway, there's not much we can do is there as google chooses the adds right?

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

...I would rather it be underneath the ad itself, just a little link at the bottom of the ad saying: "Report Offensive Advertisements."

That is exactly how I would have it done. It's only one line of html to be added to all of the templates and would help out quite a bit since we seem to get quite a few topics like this one. It would also make it very clear to those that don't know they can report the bad adds that they can do something about them.

This would be a quick fix to a big problem, and would silence a lot of complaints with it too:

adnew.jpg

I also would be 100% for that. That would really speed up ad removing, and would get a lot more users involved too.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

I also would be 100% for that. That would really speed up ad removing, and would get a lot more users involved too.
No nessasary speed up the removal of the ads, just the reporting of them :P But i'd have to agree, needless to say, that this would without a doubt be a great addition to pretty much any site out there :)

Whew, I'm glad it's finally getting some attention now.

And, Errdoth is right. That would be what I am talking about.

I may not be reporting bad ads all the time, but some people would see them and not know what to do.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

If you're a constant bad ad reporter, you could always bookmark it.

Erm...I use a few different computers, and they don't like to keep bookmarks, that's why the link.

But yes, it would be a helpful feature to the users who are unaware of the sticky's existence. Might stop the number of threads that pop up here about bad ads as well :wink:

My point exactly.

No nessasary speed up the removal of the ads, just the reporting of them But i'd have to agree, needless to say, that this would without a doubt be a great addition to pretty much any site out there

True, but that would make a world of a difference.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

I support that idea. But why can't we come up with something that stops spammers/advertisers altoghether?

C2b6gs7.png

I support that idea. But why can't we come up with something that stops spammers/advertisers altoghether?

It's not that easy.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Cause you don't post any ideas? :P