To ban or not to ban: A lvl 126---1,500+ views

NoMoreDead

give them another chance, but inform them that they are being watched over like a hawk from now and that any repeat performance will result in a permanent ban, also to let them know they are serious take off half their gp and some items.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id ban him only if i had 100% proof that he was autoing.

in other news off in runescape classic. a known auto'er and also a very good friend of mine, has been training at the axe hut for about 4 months now. as he reached his 123 goal (max in rsc) a mod apeared right b4 his eyes at the axe hut. giving him a final farwell and a permanent ban. :shock: tru story yo!

Yes, do not ban. We know that Jagex probably makes many mistakes when banning. You always here the occasional tifer saying "my account was unfairly banned". Whether it was unfair or not doesn't matter. It's the fact that it can go either way. You have to think "WHY would a 126 jeopardize his account"? There's a larger chance you're wrong with a 126 than a level 3. Hell, jagex can't even catch the obvious ones why would they focus on a 126? It's better to give a second chance to them and automatically ban the level 3s that you know are autoing.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

126's dont auto......

Yes, do not ban. We know that Jagex probably makes many mistakes when banning. You always here the occasional tifer saying "my account was unfairly banned". Whether it was unfair or not doesn't matter. It's the fact that it can go either way. You have to think "WHY would a 126 jeopardize his account"? There's a larger chance you're wrong with a 126 than a level 3. Hell, jagex can't even catch the obvious ones why would they focus on a 126? It's better to give a second chance to them and automatically ban the level 3s that you know are autoing.

This is a hypothetical situation in which the level 126 IS, in fact, autoing. We know the chances of a level 126 are far less than the chances of a level 3 autoing, but that is not the issue to be debated.

126's dont auto......

This is a hypothetical situation in which the level 126 IS, in fact, autoing. We know the chances of a level 126 are far less than the chances of a level 3 autoing, but that is not the issue to be debated.

thank you...: )

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

lol 1 for ban unless its chuck norris, good one lol

but seriously, i think they should be thrown out of the game immediately. i am cb 96, and have many 126 freinds, and non of them are to high and mighty to talk to the lower combat people, although they can get annoying quick.

I say... BAN EM!

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Recently, I saw a couple of lvl 126's whom I suspected of auto-fishing. I did not report them, since many 126's refuse to talk or do anything but focus on what they are doing, and I have no problem with that.

But, here is my posed question to everyone...If a combat level 126 is autoing, should they be banned instantly, or given a second chance?

My stance: Although the player has prooven him/her self as a good and fair player of the game (assuming he didn't auto kill anything), the penalties should be stiff. I vote that the player should be banned.

Do they diserve a second chance? Does the mass amounts of legit time

they spent outweigh the hours they didn't? You decide.

I'd be interested to see if anybody will take the "Dont ban" side. It would make for a fun debate \'

Votes:

Ban: 31

Don't Ban: 2

Ban, Unless its Chuck Norris: 1

Ofcourse they should be banned.... All because they are level 126 doesn't make them in any way different at all.

And even if just ONE level 126 got a 'second chance' so should everyone else who has been banned for autoing.

Yes, why wouldn't they be banned? If a 70 year old man shoots 20 people do they let him out of jail just because he has been through more in life? No..

Makes no sense to not ban them.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

There are certain cases that I would have said "don't ban", but that was in a time long forgotten.

In retrospect, it's a risk for that 126 to auto. A huge risk because they'd be throwing away hours if not months or even years of hard and legitimate work for what, an easier way to fish or mine?

I say ban the infidel. If they throw away their hours online for a simple auto, why should I show them any sympathy?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

To ban, definitely.

Like said before, no one is above the rules. Everybody must follow them, in order for RuneScape to be a nice place. And if you don't follow the rules, you should be punished. It's simple.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Well, no way they should deserve a 2nd chance. They are just like normal people, except they have been playing for 2-3 years.

If a level 50 decided to auto, he would get banned. Now if a 126 decides to auto, what's the difference? Been playing longer? It doesn't matter.

Also, if they've been around that long, they should know the rules by heart. They should've vowed not to auto, hack, or any crap like that.

So ban them.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png