Is magic too weak??

Magic_Shad3

I have just gotten 99 magic, and tbh I find it too weak, for melee and ranged too strong.

I think that when we are talking f2p its clear that magic is too weak, but also in P2P.

99 magic does not stand a chance against a guy with 75+ strenght and dds spec in stake. And a ranger only needs like 80+ hp to bring down a mage even if he has 99 magic.

Of course you can say that magic is for wildy not for staking, but when jagex made RS2 they wanted each fight method (ranged,melee and mage) to be more independent, but tbh magic is not an independent stat.

Magic has becommen a skill u use with either magic or melee, to freeze or teleblock, and this does not make it an indepentent stat.

Rangers can pwn us easily and melees too cause of specs :(

Am I totally wrong give me ur opinion, and maybe ideas how to change this?

Dont tell me what to do I am wondering if mage is too weak not if I have made a mistake by getting it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People with mage have "Ice barrage". Its one of the most devastating attacks in game. You will own melee's. Just test it out in Castle Wars..

BTW, mage is a more complicated form of combat. Use tactics and use a variety of spells. First reduce your opponements attack, then freeze him. A tele block perhaps?

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

How to pk someone using magic:

1. Ice barrage

2. Laugh at your opponent, run in circles around him

3. Repeat 1 and 2 until they say farcaster noob and tele, or until they equip dhides

4. If they run, intercept and switch to melee

5. If not unleash dds specs on dragonhides

Repeat 1 and 2.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

rather, magic is overpowerd- even with best magic def and proctect from magic prayer ice barrage hits through very, very nicely. Magic isnt like any other combat style- while maging you are not suppoese to get hit back, and if you do, then you obviously s**k. The point is, barrage vs a normal melee without hides has absolutely no chance against you, and even when they are hybriding with range and melee, you should be ready for it and use melee aswell.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I am not here to whine so please dont tell me what to do.

And sure u can freeze warriors, but then they just eat like hell, u can make like an inzane hit with dds and win, and ranged is like inzane fast.

Magic is normal speed and normal hit.

Ranged is fast normal hits.

Melee is normal speed inzane hits?

But is it fair that a person with 90+ mage can get pwned by a melee with 75 str in a close combat?

i'm starting to think it is weak too, look how much you pay for that, and if someone makes it through, they can easily KO you with a dds or dh set..

Thats what I mean.

When u use magic u got a HUGE cost even though you never die. Melees can use the same dragon scim over and over but mages has to buy expensive runes, and ranger sof course has to buy arrows but they are not as expensive as runes:/

And when ur a mage ur Skulled all the time cause u cannot keep 100 blood runes when u down even if ur not skulled.

And to that guy above. Even when 99 mage you dont freeze every1 in a 9x9 and u rarely hit above 20 -.-

in my opinion with these 2 spells mage isn't too weak Ice barrage and Blood barrage.. Ice barrage you can hold a group of people away from you and with blood barrage you can kinda heal your hp if they hit you..

the one problem i have with mage is this.. The spells cast too slow other than that mage is just fine the way it is.. With ice barrage i can drop meleers before they get to me but i still lose to rangers sometimes.

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Yes, being able to freeze people in 9x9 area for 20 seconds and hitting upto 30 is underpowered...

actually, it's a 3x3 area, if it was 9x9, it would be affecting 81 squares :P

OT: I don't think mage is underpowered, since barrage combines the hardest hitting spell, with the longest binding spell, with a wide area damage spell, sounds like the recipe for pwnage to me. The only drawback is that it makes team pking with meleers a problem, since the spell doesn't judge friend from foe :)

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

Mage is really weak on its own, the problem with it is that black dragonhide doesn;t lower melee stats, it really should and if it did meleers wouldn't beat mages just by switching to hides.

IMO,in a prefect trainagle it should have been:

Melee armour -> negative range & magic attack bonus

Ranger armour -> negative melee & magic attack bonus

Mage armour -> negative melee & range attack bonus

Jagex however looks at it diffrently (see the addition of [bleep]ed vambs)

In the dual arena, you can freeze warriors and just turn food off, that will stop them from eating.

Mage is really weak on its own, the problem with it is that black dragonhide doesn;t lower melee stats, it really should and if it did meleers wouldn't beat mages just by switching to hides.

I fully agree. Although i can understand why it doesn't. It will be impossible to melee many of the slayer monsters that use a magical based attack.

phata_elise.png

...Haha, magic too weak? Magic dominates the wild.

All you need is ahrims+whip+dds...

You barrage the [cabbage] out of someone until they are somewhat low hp...

Why they are eating, that can't pop off specials on you...and you go up and pop off specials on them...this ussually leads to a ko.

You obviously just don't know how to pk.

w4M8t.png

But is it fair that a person with 90+ mage can get pwned by a melee with 75 str in a close combat?

Mage is not supposed to be close combat.

Thats like saying. Is it fair that if a melee guy takes of his armor, a ranger can still hit him?

Offcourse it is fair. The melee guy is supposed to USE his armor. Likewise, the mager is supposed to use distance as his advantage. Freeze, strike, Freeze strike. Always being on a distance so the melee guy cant hit.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

What you're saying is that you want the triangle from mage to branch off and own everything, pretty much...

It's fine how it is, people are finally happy. Mage beats melee, range beats mage, and melee beats range.

In a normal magic battle, the combat triangle does not actually work that well. Everyone is hybrid and trains magic, thus reducing your magic accuracy with magic lvl. A lot of combos also involve using other weapons so you still hybrid. Well since you can't win with pure mage, you are better off with a spare melee/range weapon like dds and msb respectively.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.