Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is magic too weak??

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

tyluke
[ Display Name History ]

tyluke

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Tyluke
  • RSN2:Tyluke
  • RSN '07:Tyluke
OK i hate how people are posting "With Ahrims set and Ice barrage you dominate the wildreness"

That assumes all wizards can have ahrims set, ancient magicks and lvl 94 magic

which is obvious BS even if you can hit 3x3 people for 30 damage, that wont kill a player.

Mage is complicated and thats the difficulty, magic doesnt have specials, doesnt have auto cast without staves so its really complicated compared to range and melee.

Ice barrage in no way makes Mage super powerful and its usless outside enemy swarm areas (like kalphites) or Castle Wars

Mage needs to be tweaked, I will admit thought... I had no idea how

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
You could always make it generic like all the of the combat styles.

Aka, remove the spellbook, remove runes, make all these different staves, and each stave casts a stronger magic bolt than the last stave, and magic level actually helps damage, staves have special attacks, etc.

In other words, it would be like ranged, only for mage, like its a bad idea, but at least half the complaining would be gone if it was just like any other combat style.
O.O

Dirkmetal
[ Display Name History ]

Dirkmetal

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Prism Swords
Player versus monster, Please stop babbling on, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. and on and on

about PvP.

Magic is very weak.

Try soloing the Kbd with magic.

Try soloing the Mole with magic.

Try soloing the KQ with magic.

Hell try teaming any boss (not the Dk's) and only use magic.

Try Slayer with magic,

Try Barbarian assault with magic.

Try using magic on metal dragons, then try range.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
I still believe in a 1v1 fight, a mage can beat any opponent. I sparred against a friend of mine several times in the duel arena... he is 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 hp, 99 pray. I'm 99 mage, 87 def, 98 hp, 70 pray. I attacked with magic only, he attacked with range only. He kept mage pray on the whole time, I never used range pray. I won every fight.

Magic combos are overrated. Safespots are where it's at ;)

77yLQy8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users