Is magic too weak??

Magic_Shad3

Do they use items from another corner of the triangle to tweak their advantages? Yes. Is that hybriding? Yes.

Dragonhide armour pieces are defence items. Not ranged. Even though dragonhide armour gives offensive ranged bonus, you must use a ranged weapon to use the bonus. You're not able to inflict ranged damage just with the armour.

To be a hybrid, you must use ATTACKS from at least two different combat styles. Unless you consider a character with armour and a melee weapon to be a hybrid of melee and defence.

Defence can be trained with ANY form of combat. It isn't a Melee only skill, so it isn't hybriding just to wear armor, only if you use armor that turns the triangle to your favor, which is what Dragonhide does.

I don't think magic itself is weak, it's just that the armor can't hold up against to melee if your opponent can get to you. Even with Ahrims.

Which is why you can freeze, move back, safe spot, and slow weapon speed.

And then be hit with dragon claws and downed for max mage. That's the one problem with mage; otherwise it'd be fine alone.

Agree'd. No argument here.

Magic is like a side arm, its useful incombine with melee + range, you can freeze meleers then shoot a d bow special at them, or rush them with an ags = Very High damage. If you think its weak look at the AoW guide about stacking attacks.

That guide was made to show Magic is useful as a primary, aswell as show some good combat tactics. I Dm'ed my friend in Duel arena today, he tanked Ranged, I Mage'd in full Ahrim's. Beat him 80% of the time, even when he had a Dark Bow to hit me, even if I was 10 squares away.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Haha, magic too weak? Magic dominates the wild.

All you need is ahrims+whip+dds...

You barrage the [cabbage] out of someone until they are somewhat low hp...

Why they are eating, that can't pop off specials on you...and you go up and pop off specials on them...this ussually leads to a ko.

You obviously just don't know how to pk.

But you need the dds or whip to succesfully finish him off, thus needing melee stats

2d0f03c.png

If you think that magic is weak then stop complaining about it and use a different combat style.

You seem to think range and melee are better, why not just do one of those?

that is evading the problem

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

'Tis hilarious how one was ridiculed in summer of '07 for suggesting that magic might be underpowered.

Now, it is common practice to complain about the lack of amazing high hits.

Look what has changed for all the other styles, GS's D-bow specs, rune x-bow, PvP armor...

And Magic now has miasmic barrage, an impractical way to get pwned yet still...

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

OK i hate how people are posting "With Ahrims set and Ice barrage you dominate the wildreness"

That assumes all wizards can have ahrims set, ancient magicks and lvl 94 magic

which is obvious BS even if you can hit 3x3 people for 30 damage, that wont kill a player.

Mage is complicated and thats the difficulty, magic doesnt have specials, doesnt have auto cast without staves so its really complicated compared to range and melee.

Ice barrage in no way makes Mage super powerful and its usless outside enemy swarm areas (like kalphites) or Castle Wars

Mage needs to be tweaked, I will admit thought... I had no idea how

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

You could always make it generic like all the of the combat styles.

Aka, remove the spellbook, remove runes, make all these different staves, and each stave casts a stronger magic bolt than the last stave, and magic level actually helps damage, staves have special attacks, etc.

In other words, it would be like ranged, only for mage, like its a bad idea, but at least half the complaining would be gone if it was just like any other combat style.

O.O

• 3 weeks later...

Player versus monster, Please stop babbling on, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. and on and on

about PvP.

Magic is very weak.

Try soloing the Kbd with magic.

Try soloing the Mole with magic.

Try soloing the KQ with magic.

Hell try teaming any boss (not the Dk's) and only use magic.

Try Slayer with magic,

Try Barbarian assault with magic.

Try using magic on metal dragons, then try range.

Prism_Swords.png

I still believe in a 1v1 fight, a mage can beat any opponent. I sparred against a friend of mine several times in the duel arena... he is 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 hp, 99 pray. I'm 99 mage, 87 def, 98 hp, 70 pray. I attacked with magic only, he attacked with range only. He kept mage pray on the whole time, I never used range pray. I won every fight.

Magic combos are overrated. Safespots are where it's at ;)

77yLQy8.png