Is magic too weak??

Magic_Shad3

It's not too weak, just too expensive. The spells that are economic enough to train on, such as Magic Dart, only hit in the teens. That's a lot of damage, but it's nothing compared to what meleers hit, yet it's still more costly.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Magic is never weak, they are call "support characters". In p2p pking below the 20 wilderness level, the wizards used teleport block so that guy can't block. The warriors attack the pker and got the loot BECAUSE of the teleport block. I say that the triangle is unbalanced. The wizards is stronger against their melee armour, but the max of the fire blast is 16 (rumours say 18 with prayers). Magic is underpowered in F2p but not in members.

• 1 month later...

LOL @ all the people saying magic owns because of Ice Barrage.

It costs 2k per cast, and needs around half of the exp for 99 to get there. Melee...let's see...80 strength, 60 attack, 70 range, 40 defense! Wow, what does that do? It gives you Black Dragonhide, which blocks Ice Barrage a lot of the time.

Oddment1.png

• 11 months later...

my opinion,I think that everythiong is balanced. if your realy skilled at PKing, and are good at mage, then your fine. The game is all about strategy, and mage, if u have strategy, is awesome. melee is for a fallback if u dont have a strategy asdn want to click and wait. range is good for staying back in battle, and also dont require much skill to use eficiantly. just leave everything as it is. mage is NOT underpowerd. :twss:

=0

• 2 weeks later...
LOL @ all the people saying magic owns because of Ice Barrage.

It costs 2k per cast, and needs around half of the exp for 99 to get there. Melee...let's see...80 strength, 60 attack, 70 range, 40 defense! Wow, what does that do? It gives you Black Dragonhide, which blocks Ice Barrage a lot of the time.

Black Dragon hide RARELY blocks ice barrage. With the stats you've indicated, Ice Barrage wins hands down.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

DDS in a stake point: Well there you have it, DDS in a stake. The point of a DDS is to hit fast and high, and since you were staking I'm almost positive this guy had no defense, and that you were fighting without armor. Anyone would get owned in this situation, especially someone without armor.

Rangers point: Thats how it's supposed to be.

Honestly, I've heard complaints coming from all three corners of the triangle about them getting the short end of stick. Jagex may make mistakes with somethings but I think the balance of the combat triangle is their specialty. As others have said, ancient magic is designed with high level mages wreaking havoc in mind. Invest in lunar and ancient magic and you will find that you are very powerful, you just need to pick out the right opponents.

MAGIC IS WAYY UNDERPOWERED.

All of you saying "barrage and DDS" isnt dds mele? HMMM I DO WONDER.

If a mager faces a ranger ranger wins. Simple 'nuff. The mager should splash more than he hits and the ranger should hit lots on the mager.

If a mager faces a meler the mele wins. WHY??? Because as soon as the fight starts the meler puts on RANGED armor and DDS's the mager while the mager can...

A: Start splashing and not hitting anything on the Mele/Range hybrid.

B: Wear armor and splash even more vs the Mele/Range hybrid.

C: Keel over and die.

YUP you guessed it it is C.

Also if a mager equipps a DDS and specs it wouldent he be a meler? And the point is magic being overpowered and magic only.

PS: If you think magic is overpowered in F2p go to g2p bh and see if there are any magers that are there and not running for their lifes.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Actually.

Magic has more "range" then range.

So actually, barrage would be hitting ans splashing while ranger is standing there trrying to move.

Owned_Nex.png

• 4 weeks later...
MAGIC IS WAYY UNDERPOWERED.

All of you saying "barrage and DDS" isnt dds mele? HMMM I DO WONDER.

If a mager faces a ranger ranger wins. Simple 'nuff. The mager should splash more than he hits and the ranger should hit lots on the mager.

If a mager faces a meler the mele wins. WHY??? Because as soon as the fight starts the meler puts on RANGED armor and DDS's the mager while the mager can...

A: Start splashing and not hitting anything on the Mele/Range hybrid.

B: Wear armor and splash even more vs the Mele/Range hybrid.

C: Keel over and die.

YUP you guessed it it is C.

Also if a mager equipps a DDS and specs it wouldent he be a meler? And the point is magic being overpowered and magic only.

PS: If you think magic is overpowered in F2p go to g2p bh and see if there are any magers that are there and not running for their lifes.

But I don't think that anyone is really meant to just use mage by itself. It really is an extremely powerful support skill, with veng/barrage, it can make even a nooby warrior or ranger pretty formidable. If you just sit there like the guy you explain here and continually try to mage, well then yeah you'll fail, but it'll be your own fault. Mages who hybrid can easily defeat any of the other fighting classes.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

• 2 weeks later...

I love Magic. Once I got 94, I'd spend millions barraging. It is a tactical skill, unlike "click-and-kill," like most combat skills. I can destroy any meleer, so long as you know how to, and rangers, as tricky as they are, can also be defeated with practiced ease. You just gotta know how to use your spells.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Many more skill-used spells than combat.

But, Ice barrage -> teleblock -> smoke barrage x2 -> run + ice barrage + run more = owned.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Does anyone else besides me think it's extremely STUPID that Mage is only good because o Ancients? Every other spell should be usable for fighting. The Wave and Snare spells are incredibly useless and should be given to F2P. But then the Blast spells would become useless. Chaos are useful because of the Family Crest Gauntlets. Even the God spells are fairly useless.

I find that Mage isn't capable of koing people, melee has it's dds/d claws, range has it's d bow, but magic has...nothing :?

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

F2P magic is to weak well in the lower levels I would have to say they got an advantage since they can keep there hp low but I never see and really high levels maging it up in PVP. cant say anything about magic in p2p cause I am non member at the moment :cry: g2g

At low levels(30-) magic is so much deadly. Magic at those levels could easily 2-3 hit people.

Owned_Nex.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mage isnt weak.But its not meant for 1 on 1 fights.Magic is weak and strong.Normal Magics are just basics for those mages who have started or want to train without a huge amount of cash dissapearing from their banks.Ancient magics are like the masters of death for mages.1 shot from a ancient magics person can pretty much immobilize Anything within 3x3 of your target.Lunar magics are like the medics of clans.They can heal poison and tele peeps when in a bad situation.Clans that ive been to were like this:Melee attacks the enemy head on,range in the back row bombards the enemy with arrows,and mages with ancient magics freeze the enemys within range.

Lan735

Proud member of the fighting saints

Fight as one and Die as one

1 person can change the world