Lore's Blog

Lorescape.png

G'day everyone

If you've shown up here, chances are you either I linked you into it, or you had the fortune of catching this on the first page :-w

I started this blog so I could
share my RS experience with my clan
talk about myself
have somewhere to put a bunch of pictures.

I'm in a clan called Tal Shiar, and you probably should be too.

We have a great community, an active IRC channel, and a bunch of good times.

Current Stats

d2193becef.png

Current Goal

Lorexvath.png

Most Recent level

Strength99.png

Icons.png

Lore

[hide=About Me]Personal Life

I'm a seventeen year old guy, and I live in Australia. I've finished year twelve at a good high-school and moved up to a university in Melbourne.

I am a fairly smart (when I want to be), I fiddle with computers (mainly software and programming), and I can hold my own at maths-y stuff.

Oh, and I love freedom. The freedom to disregard of the rules when it suits you. When you can look back on the lives of those around you and feel that you have something more. Born and raised on a farm I've grown up with that.

I used to think I'd hate ever living in the city, but now I've moved into an apartment near uni I'm beginning to grow rather fond of my little box.

And I like Green (or purple) :thumbsup:

Music Tastes

I have a very weird taste in music. It used to be punk-rock orientated, but now alot of those artists just sound like whiny little kids. I like everything from Red Hot Chili Peppers to Mika, including others like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Queen, Bon Jovi, Evanescence, Meatloaf, Powderfinger, Matchbox Twenty, Cascada, Basshunter, Counting Crows, Village People, U2, and I'm getting into Nightwish.

One of my pet hates is low quality music

Unfortunately, after you learn to pick it, it drives you insane. Once your ears are spoiled with quality tracks and good speakers, you can't go back to distorted bass and whining singers.. Sometimes it is better to live in ignorance.

I am also a loyal TWiT listener, so I'd recommend all of you with iTunes go out and subscribe to the This Week in Tech podcast.

Subscribe to TWiT via Itunes <- Magnet Link (will open iTunes)

Lastly, if you haven't heard of him before (and even if you have), go check out Tim Minchin. He's an incredible comedian/songwriter. I need not say more.

|
|
|
| Rock N' Roll Nerd

|
| Mitsubishi Colt | 10 Foot C'ock and a Few Hundred Virgins |

Lorexvath

I first discovered Runescape through miniclip.com :wall: , liked the idea, so I sat down and created my character, Lorexvath.

I am the kind of person who puts alot of thought into their character's name. The name is a mashup of our property name, a biscuit tin, and a character from a book long forgotten.

Lorexvath came into existence about the start of 2005, but after a few three or four month breaks, I decided to play RS more frequently.

Fast forward a few years, (just) over 1000 more levels, the loss of nooblet innocence, and you get to the start of this blog. \:D/

I achieved my goal of 1000 F2P Total before signing up for members. A big shout out to Tal Shiar for convincing me to finally sign up. =D

Starting Out

Here are my stats at the start of this blog

Total800.jpg

Just for the sake of records, here was my bank.

BankPic26-6-07.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Goals]Short Term

Lorexvath.jpg

Slayer

Lorexvath.png

Thieving

Lorexvath.png

Attack

Lorexvath.png

Long Term

Farming

Lorexvath.png

Cooking

Lorexvath.png

Summoning

Lorexvath.png

Magic

Lorexvath.png

Really Long Term

Lorexvath.png

Lorexvath.png

Lorexvath.png

Lorexvath.png

Lorexvath.png

Lorexvath.png

Base 70

Well, I decided to go for base 70, which ended up with me back on this blog. So Yay.

Achieved 3/1/2009

Attack | Strength | Defence | Ranged | Prayer | Magic | Runecrafting | Construction

Hitpoints | Agility | Herblore | Thieving | Crafting | Fletching | Slayer | Hunter

Mining | Smithing | Fishing | Cooking | Firemaking | Woodcutting | Farming | Summoning

Item Goals

I'm hoping to get a few of these as drops.

Saradomin Sword

Dragon Claws

Dragonfire Shield

Armadyl Helm

Armadyl Chestplate

Armadyl Skirt

Bandos Chestplate

Bandos Tassets

Bandos Boots

Bandos Godsword

Armadyl Godsword

Saradomin Godsword

Zamorak Godsword

Long Term Goals

These are the really long term goals, the ones that will probably just show up one day.

10m Cash

50m Cash

1800 Total

1900 Total

2000 Total

2100 Total

Base 70

Base 80

Full Void

Get a 10m+ Drop

Get a 20m+ Drop

Get (3) Fire Capes[/hide]

[hide=SixthPlumber]I started Sixth as an f2p skiller, when I was feeling a little bored. It turned into a little obsession, and I made 12k steel bars to get 60 smithing, also put a few mil in the bank =)

With 30 Quest Points, I've done all possible f2p quests without levelling combat. I'm aiming to get ranked on hiscores, but I don't think that's ever going to happen without paying for members - and I don't want to do that on sixth.

aa8c9dede3.png

My long term goal is to reach an overall level of 500, without training woodcutting or firemaking. This is going to take a very long time.

These are the goals I'm working on:

65 Runecrafting Achieved! | SixthPlumber.png | SixthPlumber.png

SixthPlumber.png | SixthPlumber.png | SixthPlumber.png[/hide]

[hide=Outfits]

santa-1.png

Spined.png

I got this myself from drops. Proudness

Villager.png

Dark.png

DarkClaws.png

WhiteKnight.png

Master.png

Outfit2.png

This one's Sixth's, but I'm proud she has the robes.

[/hide]

[hide=Achievements]

14Beacons.png

I used the adze alot on the way to 99 woodcutting. In hindsight it didn't make a huge amount of difference, but it's a cool item nonetheless.

BarbarianAssault.png

Yeah, this took a while.. I didn't even have a torso when I got this =) Bought my first one afterwards

Page.png

Peon.png

Noble.png

Adept.png

Master.png

Managed to lose 2m, a torso, and fire cape getting this =( Some sheep came down the drive and I forgot to log out when I ran off to get them. Must have got a random, because I woke up in lumby. Grrr.

RedCape.pngLegendsCape.pngFireCape.pngQuestCape.pngWoodcuttingCape.pngWoodcuttingCapeT.pngFiremakingCape.png

[/hide]

Icons.png

Blog

I'm gonna try and keep up a semi-regular (meaning totally random) post of what i've been up to.

[hide=1 June 2009]Well, it's 2am when I finally finished updating this. It's been over five months since I put content into the first post.. poor blog's going to think I don't love it anymore =/

One week until university exams and I have about a semesters worth of work to do. It's gonna be fun >.<

No real progress on rs in the last few months, my internet here is coming from the university wireless across the road - and runescape won't load over that. It downloads the content, but gets stuck at 'connecting to update server'. Sigh.

I'm going to be so happy when I finally get a ghoul scroll. The count is at about 6.5k kills now, I'm getting rather frustrated.[/hide]

[hide=20 December 2008]Thank God.

Got exam results back on the 15th: 90.3 ENTER score =D

The ENTER Score is a state system for ranking students. All your subject scores are added up to give you a final score. The ~49000 scores from students around the state are ranked along a bell curve: 90.3 means I was in the top 1.3% of the state =)

As that gets me into almost any course I want, I'm kinda happy about it.

In rs.. well

I got 80 crafting on an all nighter, that was fun. Also learnt that your stomach becomes overly acidic if you don't get enough sleep..

I finally achieved a Fire Cape =D

Even if it did take four attempts.. First one I didn't get there, Second I lagged on Jad while switching prayers, Third I sat around for 10 minutes safespotting and attacking - trying to work out how to deal with those *@&**#$(* healers..

Fourth time I did it no problem!

Last few days I've been making a concerted effort to get some more wc exp. Closer and Closer.[/hide]

[hide=12 September 2008]Yay. All english SAC's done (School Assessment Task). Only the final exam to go now..

70 farming from snaps ^.^

Got 62 herb buying grimy and selling clean snaps (for a profit =) )

g2g. cyas.[/hide]

[hide=28 August 2008]Well, it's settled

I. AM. AWESOME.

Awesomely lazy..

One month, 21 Days, 22 Levels. Attack to 75, very happy about 70 prayer, Bunch of lower ones including Farming and Summoning.

Got 82 Firemaking today, I had 1 exp left. Funny though, that of all the things I could have done, including the reward and exp from doing all fired up, and then lighting ten beacons at once to get what rewards I could, and then doing five or six test burns to work out what exp bonus they gave, it wound up with exactly one exp point remaining.

It's enough to blow one's mind.

I'm also a little sad today. Today marks a great loss for me. I have been convinced, and therefore lost the argument, that 0.999~ does in fact equal one.

With a sigh I join the ranks of classroom academics who have fallen before me, convinced by a primitive and limitless understanding of infinity, defeated by complex math of limits and boundaries and other theories that our final year of senior school does not cover. Sigh.

68 Days until final exams too. Thirteen years of school leading up to these exams. Gulp.

Study Study Study Study Badger Badger Badger Badger Snake![/hide]

[hide=7 July 2008]Busy busy busy =)

Been very, very busy.

1700 Total! Happened to come with 64 slayer. Put on a few combat levels, reaching not only 1700 total but 100 (and then 101) combat. Realised I only have two tasks left on Varrock Journal, but I happen to need a smithing level, and a WHOLE lot of farming levels to be able to do them.

Gotta force myself to do the homework before school starts.. Final two terms =S

It's looking alot like i'm gonna have very little spare time once school starts again. Which blows.

Anyways, just got 70 Thieving, so only 7 more to go =D

Spent most of today rcing, and with only 30k exp to go I expect I'll get 70 rc before bed tonight.

Afro's gonna make me anyways.. You hear me afro! You're on here now. be afraid.

Pasted this into word out of curiosity, almost up to 3000 words (2864 to be precise. By here it's 2883)

Catchas[/hide]

[hide=3 July 2008]Short little update. Been wcing, so no levels yet. However, today *was* a very enlightening one..

Fudge.. If you like little animals, don't read this. I'm not kidding, don't.

I live on a farm, we grow barley (grain), and sheep. It's lambing season. This does involve cute little fluffy lambs frolicking in the paddocks. The part you don't hear about is helping with the births. It's a pretty complicated procedure, so sometimes nature screws up, we go round the sheep and if there's a ewe lying down, they've usually got a stuck lamb. We get to help pull it out. You know what I mean.

They come out legs first, with the head in between the front legs, and then once that's out the rest just follows. Or so it should, but sometimes they come out funny. A leg doesn't sit right, or in todays case the head doesn't end up between the legs. Pull long and hard enough on the legs sticking out, and if it doesn't come, and you keep pulling, euch. The leg can be pulled off. Whole thing comes out of the sheep. Socket and all. I admit, I barfed. Then we had goddamned lamb meatballs for tea.

Also, the afterbirth wreaks. Like the worst smell on earth. And it sticks, takes days to scrub out the smell from your hands. Slimy, smelly, disgusting. Not many times I hate living out here.

I warned you not to read it, but If you did, hopefully there's a little idea of the not so glamorous side of sheep farming.

(2nd Edit today. Got 93 Wc at 6:25pm =D)[/hide]

[hide=1 July 2008]So, back from a holiday in Cairns. It was cloudy the whole time. >.<

Other than that, nice and warm. Got to go diving, which was a bit embarrasing when I had a bit of a panic attack.. Had to fill your mask with water, then blow it out using air from your nose. All good in theory, I didn't realise how much I depend on my nose for breathing - forgot to breathe through my mouth and started sucking water up my nose. Noes!

Failed that three times, so went and had lunch and managed to keep my head when I tried again half an hour later.=)

Once you get used to the breathing it's awesome! We saw a bull ray (really big manta ray), a resting shark, and a heap of parrotfish. Awesome. [This is at the great barrier reef, for those of you who don't know where Cairns is]

There were really strong winds, causing really big rocking waves. I was one of the few who weren't sick on the way there and back, which I actually made 20 bucks from in a bet. Didn't want to take the seasickness pill, just to see whether i'd feel sick, and mum got in a huff and said I owed her $20 if i was sick.. too bad for her it works the other way round =).

So yeah.. other than diving.. Day long 4wd tour of the rainforest, that was good fun. Nothing else really stands out. I did spend 20 minutes in the dark trying to open the door of the apartment, only to go and wake up reception and find they'd given us the wrong spare key.. All while sister was sitting in the video shop across the road with a seedy italian bloke. Then when we returned the DVD we forgot to put it in the case. So they got an empty case, we left the state, and the next people to rent that apartment scored a copy of 300. win much?

Got back to Victoria, got home, spent a day finishing Mass Effect (goddamn awesome ending), went to start rocking out, had to get a thieving level, did the quest, bought another quest cape for the hood, put it on, half an hour dancing at draynor, and you're up to date =)[/hide]

[hide=10th June 2008]Heh. And you thought I forgot about this.. Well. I didn't. Or I did. Bah, I'm here now so shutup :)

Tis kinda amazing to look back at this and see how far I've come. My wc is now up to 92, and I have a quest cape :D, 99 cb, and alot more 70's. But what I have now that I treasure most are more friends. As TalShiar expands, I look back with a sense of joy, but still feel a sense of loss. With every new person comes a fresh outlook, an enthusiastic face, a bit more knowledge. But the price of this, and they don't (and cannot) change it, is the little part of the old community they erode..

That all sounds a bit sad, it's not really. Change has to hurt, but in the end it will be better for all of us. Just like the tipit forums. They kinda suck atm - broken links, old corrupted posts, Avvys gone, Horrible layout..

But in the end it will all be fixed, the old forums will be forgotten, and we will move on with our lives and enjoy the speed and flexibility of these new forums.

The staff member that left us their 'Goodbye' present, I hated him when I read Silverion's announcement. Now I see the possibility that this was actually for our own good. Under a week without forums, and we get to start with a base that will let the Tipit staff run for many years to come.. Or do I have to much faith in humanity?

I have midyears tomorrow, so it's time to get my [wagon] off here and into the practice exams. Catcha round Tipit :)[/hide]

[hide=1st August 2007]Well, it's been a long time. Nearly a month in fact. Having achieved my 1000 total just before heading back to school, I promptly forgot about runescape and buried myself back in the stacks of homework that suddenly appeared.

Anyways, after months of nagging I have procured a prepaid sim card from dad for use in obtaining members =D. Just waiting till I get a bunch of free time before I subscribe.

DOn't really know what else to say know.. ttyl guys[/hide]

[hide=5th July 2007]Aaah. I can feel it. It's so close now.

Yep, you guessed it, i'm talking about my 1000 total and members =D. I've smithed another 2k bars over the last couple of days, and nearly achieved 60 smithing, I ran out of coal with only 1 bar left to smelt :S.

edit:

Bought all the coal off lord troyus, who very kindly supplied it at MTK price

I would have been dead broke otherwise.

TROY IS AWESOME!

So, after selling my 2k steel bars (which is a helluva lot for f2p) I had a whopping 1.29 mil =D.. which I promptly blew buy buying the 8k chaos for mage. So, now i'm scorching mossy butts with Fire Bolts in my quest for 70 mage

<.< >.> >.<

Oh, I also traded my clan leader some ore, including 100 addy, for which he rewarded me with a cooking apple =(. YOU HEAR ME NS! I NEED THE MONIES! Well, if i ever need a loan...[/hide]

[hide=1st July 2007]Hmm.. last couple of days I accomplished a few of my goals, I'm nearly 1000 now =D. Only 10 to go.

Finally got the silver ore i'd ordered, the guy was being a pain and wouldn't swap worlds. Note to self: Make sure they know you're f2p.

After getting my defense levels on crandor I took a break for smithing and crafting the silver, then went off with four thousand chaos runes to see if I could put a dent in the mossies (again). I got a prayer level just after getting 64 magic. Gotta love those unexpected levels =). My goals section is looking pretty sweet right now, only mage, smithing and wc to go. Although i'm probably only going to go to 82 woodcutting, or i'll overshoot my 1000 goal. Bye for now, but not forever.[/hide]

[hide=28th June 2007]Watched the remaining six episodes of Battlestar Galactica whilst mining, the ending's kinda disappointing.. on the bright side, I achieved my goal of 75 Mining, so I'm off to smithing now till I run out of coal.

Did an hour or so of smithing, and got 58. Not a huge level, but good enough for me considering i'm only smelting steel bars. Still contemplating what to do with them once i've made them. I could sell them all and make me a pretty penny, or i could smith them all and halve the amount of smelting. Normally i'd choose the latter, but as I need to find money for 13k chaos runes i've kinda got a spanner.. more like a freight train.. thrown in-between the gears. Level screenies are up if ya wanna take a look[/hide]

[hide=27th June 2007]Another big day today, well for me at least.

Tried to get 75 mining today, but ran outta steam and didn't quite make it. Got two levels to 74 though =). Found a random guy in the Al-Kharid mines who had some silver, so i bought it =P. Took a mining break to smelt it and nearly made it to 59 crafting - nearly but not quite.. =( However, I did get a nice surprise when I got 59 crafting cutting the load of gems I had from the days mining. Watched four hours of Battlestar

Galactica, i'm now up to Season 2 Episode 14 =), good mining material..

Catch up with you guys later.[/hide]

[hide=26th June 2007]Big day today.

Started off in the morning, and finally managed to get 70 Strength, only after killing 800 or so more Mossies. Had a few trips back and forth between lumby and crandor, received my order of 500 silver on one, and got food on the other two. Along the way I managed to accumulate a nice number of runes and gems, something of the order of 250 nats, and 30 gems =). Oh, and I got two hitpoints lvls (69)

I made a new friend on crandor, Aline J and met a couple of nice players from the Netherlands. Speaking of friends, Deio gave us a scare. He left the clan for.. two hours? Just enough time for us to realise how much we'd miss him ='(

WE LOVE YOU DEIO

Later, I went to Al-Kharid to smelt some silver, and grabbed a smithing lvl (57), and a crafting lvl or three (58). Had a race to get 57 by the update, and won with 38 seconds to spare. :thumbsup: Having smelted all my

silver for now (until I receive my latest order) i'm off to the Al-Kharid mine for some iron ore camping. Didn't get a mining level today :([/hide]

Icons.png

Tal Shiar

About March 2007, I joined the Tal Shiar Alliance. They are an awesome clan with a great bunch of members.

Please Post

If you got down to here please leave me a post, even if it's just a hello. I wrote this up to share, and it's no fun if people don't share back.

Pretty please?

:pray:

Pose3.png

I have lost friends, some by death... others through sheer inability to cross the street.

4coyw3wj.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well those are some nice stats and goals, although I bet you would have a better feedback if you became a member. Good luck with your future goals! :D

iHogi.png

Well those are some nice stats and goals, although I bet you would have a better feedback if you became a member. Good luck with your future goals! :D

Thanks Hogi, like it says up top (points to no. times edited) mems at 1000ttl

Go Lore!!

Go TSA!!

Go Deo.... oh wait stay deo!! :lol:

Good luck lore, ill be helping with the cheap coal (140 per right)

grrrrrrrrrr :evil:

145 :wall:

Hi lore...

phr33 bump and gl with your goals...

Also, if you mine any gold ore, think of saving some for me :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

thanks hep, just wondering, do you like metal as well?

I don't know why, but I find that alot of people who have similar tastes to me like harder rock and metal.

btw, nice siggy :thumbsup:

ns, i'll give you whatever gold I mine, but it's gonna be a while till I get back to the crafting guild

dragonrule, I was perfectly happy with f2p, until I joined Tal Shiar. Made me realise how much i'm missing out on #-o

Thanks for the posts guys, much appreciated

• 11 months later...

Good job lore - im at work atm so im just testing the forums to see how they work on your blog :)

Consider it a free bump. Also an amazing job with the cons levels and to see the HUGE change since way back when.

I liked the read about the old community falling away, but the way we look back we usually only remember the good times but in recent times theyve been possibly some of the best yet. You saw the reaction after the wars didn't ya :lol:

Either way nice front page and you got me remembering it all over again... man i miss peekaying at greaters..

thanks for the reply troyus :)

tbh, I didn't think anybody would actually read that crap..

and you'll have to update your sig when the graphics update comes out, in complete ignorance of the removal of pking :D

• 3 weeks later...

well, stuffed around a little, finally got a summoning level for terrorbirds :D

Summoning52.png

then went and collected from GE, and did something a bit fun :)

[hide=hide]Prayer65.png

Prayer66.png

Prayer67.png

Notice the very expensive altar & burners.. It's things like this that keep my bank value down >.<

Very happy about it though :D

I hate relying on others..

Helped some guy get to 43 prayer with it too, funny co-incidence.. I showed up at the portal with the materials to build it, and he asked me if I had a guilded altar.. And the world keeps on turning, however wonkily.[/hide]

And that was it :)

• 1 month later...

<3 the banner... Looks so eligant ::'

Free post here, gl and gj on goals. Notice i wasn't mentioned in your posts in july 2007.... So that coal and iron ore was cheap for nothing eh?

Ah wells, Your still a noob to me... oh and get 99 wc.

Zis travesty. Eet has bin feexed. (1st july or something)

And no, I'm not getting 99 wc yet. Simply because I cba =)

Zammy gwd trip was a disaster.

One of the team ran in early, got whacked. I blessed their grave, but forgot to repot prayer.. Had to cough, I look back and i'm in lumby =(

Put it down to first time noobiness I guess.

still.

=(

Oh, and after half hour of getting kc (thankyou to the inconsiderate d*** who was there), I got in and my grave wasn't there. Yet mario was sure he had blessed it, and I hadn't logged out.

Sigh