Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah another day of powermining passes and draws to a close. It was quite a productive day, I gained around 70k mining xp, was aiming for 100k but fatigue got the best of me. I actually ventured into the Chasm Mine today or what others know as the infamous Scorpion Pits (hears the sighs of relief from countless fellow powerminers). I already miss my beloved Rimmington :XD: (hears the shocked gasps from countless fellow powerminers)...the day was as follows:

Unlike the quiet seclude of Rimmington, the Pits are a chatter and buzz of activity. The desert winds carry the echos of "free rune pic plzzzzz," "mining lvl???," and "someone save me from the scorps!!!" The only good news was that my eyes were relieved of a day without having to follow my little 3d sprite back and forth on the screen. Unfortunately after 30 minutes I resorted to turning Public Chat off. This was due to a few unpleasant conversations. Many of couse being the colorful exchanges with the local beggars but the worst being with the non-believers, the haters, and the just plain jealous. The non-believers were those who scoffed at my level, which I just tell them to easily check hiscores (immediately after checking they give the ever original "my main has 99 ____"). The haters were those who would yell "noob go mine addy," which some could actually mine it themselves already. Lastly, the just plain jealous were those who were any where from one combat level higher than me to twenty, angered by the fact that a lower level than themselves possessed somewhat of a better mining than they did. Competition wise the atmosphere between powerminers was magnified by the popularity of the spot (meaning that very few would understand the world was taken but many would rudely barge in and cause themselves and myself to barely gain any xp with the 30-50% success rate at gaining a rock). All in all I think I still will spend most of my powermining sessions at Rimmington. Not only is there a nice tranquility and emptyness about the spot but I seem to have a grown a liking to the place. For those of you who are regular Pit miners, you have my absolute respect for your patience and integrity! Though I'm rather on the patient side, I have a fear of being easily irritated with the tension of the Pits. I rather be at my best "Lady Shahdie" at all times :thumbsup:...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Hey you're the girl I saw in the mining guild yesterday! I was picking up your coal. lol I didn't want to bother you and your friends talking about the stork lol. I'm currently going for 99 mining too, but mainly as a way to get ores for my 99 smithing goal! Maybe you could help me out with it. Good luck on your 99 mining goal! :D

Chimpchicken.png

Chimpchicken.png

Hey you're the girl I saw in the mining guild yesterday! I was picking up your coal. lol I didn't want to bother you and your friends talking about the stork lol. I'm currently going for 99 mining too, but mainly as a way to get ores for my 99 smithing goal! Maybe you could help me out with it. Good luck on your 99 mining goal! :D

My, my its a small world :lol:! Yes I'd love to be of help...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Hello all, I was a bit on the sluggish side today and only mustered a 44k xp gain. Not exactly the amount I wanted but at least its still progress. I have developed a new system for my Rimmy mining after looking over some mining maps. There is an ever so convienient general store just 15 seconds away (by running).

I actually went wildy pking as a break today with a friend who had not logged on for ages. I actually triumphed in 4 pks :D...but lost the last five (lost a chunk of change to lobs due to that). Going to stockpile ores for the rest of the day to make spare steel wildy sets for my pk breaks with my friend.

Anyways, once I hit level 81 mining, I'm planning to train up range to 40 for dhides and try another mock rune run. I will take the advice of you smart posters when it comes to the next mock trip and follow it to a t. I might die more horrible deaths but at least with some more experience on my side this time.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lvl 81 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 81 Mining Screenshot

ls81miningci3.gif

After an 81k xp marathon of swinging my pickaxe to and fro, I have achieved yet another level...81! Its now the time that I lay down my pickaxe and start pulling my bowstring. Upping my level to 40 ranged (for dhide armor), is a necessity right now if I'm going to plan more practice rune mining runs. Many friends have graciously offered their help, so you may see one or two pop up in the pictures of my next trip. I'm going to pour over a few more rune mining guides and see how I can improve my chances. I really appreciate those of you have chimed in and given your recommendations. I've posted a new bank pic, as you can see there are some losses but some gains as well. Got to sell off some of my bars to give myself a bit more insurance for rune mining practice.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

A strictly non-ranger's amazing achievement! Behold!

Lvl 40 Range ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 40 Range Screenshot

ls40rangelf4.gif

Though this goal was extremely small in proprotions (compared to my 99 mining goal), I can now wear light yet sturdy Dragon Hide armor! This will surely help me in my future mock and real rune mining trips to come. Frankly though I am glad to get out of that tacky brown leather armor and bank into my regal Saradomin ::'... In mining news, I gained 36k mining xp while chilling out in the Mining Guild last night. I might continue a little more chill out mining over there after the purchase of my handy new d-hide.

6:16 PM PST Edit: Gained another 34k xp leisure mining...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

For your blog reading enjoyment, I will now describe:

Lady Shahdie's Second Mock Rune Mining Run

All pictures can be found inside the hide tags.

Redemption, enough said...

(Click Here for a Description of the First Trip)

[hide=Take Two...Success or Failure?]mocktripii1ov5.gif[/hide]

And so began my journey...take two that is! This time I was equipped with the mighty weapons of friends (thanks Foo and John), knowledge, and experience. I reviewed many rune mining manuals and pawed through them like the bible (noting escape routes, use of light dhide, how much food to take, teleport points, non-multi combat zones, etc). I felt that it was time for some redemption and boy did I want it bad! We approached the wilderness ditch on world 133 and yet again with a hop and prayer I crossed along with them. The three of us ventured through the same surroundings that were too eerily familiar to me from last time. We discussed plans of action along the way and came up with strategies that may help in dire situations. I yet again walked past the sinister Evil Altar and approached the Lava Maze.

[hide=A Bogie So Soon...]mocktripii2ra5.gif[/hide]

A bogie immediately blipped on our radars and we started high tailing it out of there, fearing for our sprites' lives. The menacing level 98 archer kept shooting his arrows into each of our backs with glee. He kept hot on our heels, following us all the way to level 20 wilderness. My friends teleported out and I quickly hit the log out switch. When I logged back into another world, they told me they had to call it quits for the day (due to being out of food or having to end their game session). They recommended that I wait to try again later so we could regroup, but I came too far to come home again empty handed. I gave them my thanks and ventured back to the Lava Maze...once again...alone.

[hide=Finally Made it in One Piece...]mocktripii3cm0.gif[/hide]

After similar attacks by level 70-100 swordsmen, archers, and mages I finally hopped around enough worlds to make it to the rune rocks in one piece. The rocky outcrop was as barren as it was on my first trip. I logged out and selected the next world below, 119. Immediately I see the blue glowing ore emanating from the rocks and I was overjoyed. But wouldn't you know it, a white dot appears 2 seconds later and I immediately log out. As I went down the list of worlds, I was greeted with no ores or the same pking white dot. I had to think backwards to fool this white dot. I decided to jump upwards on the list this time and choose world 128.

[hide=Success at Last...]mocktripii4hj3.gif[/hide]

Praise Saradomin, I had success at last. There before me were two rocks containing that precious ore and there was not a pker in sight. I was able for the first time to wield my pick and begin my simulated mining of the great glowing blue ore :shock:. I waited the 2 minute span that I had planned to wait last time and successfully simulated mining one rock. After this moment of glory, a pker showed up and I logged out with lightening speed. I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that I would have at least one ore in my inventory now. I chose the 118 as my next world. Again I had been graced by the gods with another rocky outcrop containing rune ore. I was able to simulate mining both rocks without any hindrance. I felt I was on a roll after having 3 faux ores safely inside my inventory.

[hide=A Lesson in Blog Advertising =P...]mocktripii5pb6.gif[/hide]

After rolling by a few worlds that contain no ore, I was back in the frying pan again when I came to a world with a trio of pkers surrounding the rune rocks. One of them clad in rune armor pursued me as I tried endlessly to hit log out. I knew this was my make it or break it moment. In order to call this mock trip a success, I would have to survive with the faux rune ore still intact and not dropped on the ground. I quickly ran through the rune mining manuals I studied in my brain. I remember a brilliantly written one that I found right here on the forums mentioned to run towards the ice warriors (a non-multi combat zone riddled with annoying ice plated knights). The rune swordsman still remained valiant in is his efforts to defeat me and gain a lovely treasure trough of precious ores. When I saw my character's feet hit the snow, I knew I was half way to salvation. I tried incredibly hard to get the swordsman to run into an ice warrior long enough for me to start hitting one. When he finally was taken over by an ice clad cretin, I swung my rune scimmy at another nearby. I laughed aloud and he responded "meh." I explained to him that I was doing a simulated mining setup and documenting it in my blog. He was a very nice fellow and we exchanged a couple nice words. I told him for this to be a success, I needed to make it out alive. He would be my challenge of survival. So after a few more minutes of grabbing far enough ice warriors to make a break for it, I turned run back on and darted out of the wilderness. He lost me around level 31 wild.

[hide=I Can Now Call Myself a Rune Miner...]mocktripii6oo5.gif[/hide]

When I reached about level 20 wild, I was tempted to teleport out to make the trip easier. I decided instead to just walk all the way back to the ditch and save the runes for more dire times. As I crossed the ditch, a big smile spread across my cheek :D. Though I only managed to scrape together 3 faux ores, I still had survived with them intact inside my inventory. I understand this is nothing compared to the rune loads of the pros but at least I knew I could manage to do it too. This will be my last mock trip. I will plan the next one when I truly can do the real thing (85 Mining). Anyways, I feel I can now call myself...

A Rune Miner

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

2 Minutes to mine one rock :?? I've mined a few hundred ores at the Heros Guild and they very rarely if ever took 2 minutes to mine. Good luck with 85 and 99 Mining :thumbsup:. The thought of me getting 99 Mining make me shudder :ohnoes:. Lol, just like that Level 80 miner, i'm stopped at 85 for a while or forever.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Lvl 82 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 82 Mining Screenshot

ls82miningmp8.gif

After an 82k xp dash, another level of my journey was completed and a new one was achieved...82 (wow karma is scary, 82k xp 82 level, creepy :shock: )! It was a very lovely way to end off my week :D. As always, going to take a break this weekend and barely touch my pickaxe. Hoping to catch the Harry Potter flick with my family if we get the chance. All I can say is that I am starting to gain more and more hope as each level is conquered. The challenge will start to become strenuous once I reach 85 and up but my confidence has not been deterred so far. Thank you blog readers for checking up on this blog every now and then, as well as posting your great support :thumbsup:!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Nice, you have successful run this time. ::'

Keep it up.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Guest geeman122

dont bring a rune scimy rune mining and bring food and when u get to 84 dont use stouts they lower ur att str and def by 2 levls everytime u drink them which makes it easier to be pked because u have a low def after you've drank a few stouts. I know fom experience i've been pked for over 240k in rune ores because i had drank like 20 stouts mining ore and on my last 1 a levl 90 pker showed up and killed me when i would have got away if my def hadnt been at levl 20 out of 57 just keep going to 85 and then to 90 then 95 then 99!I leave my good luck and know u can get 99 mining

Hey all, gained a mere 28k xp today...had an extremely busy day! Wasn't able to RuneScape too much due to having to take the dog to the vet for a general checkup and later take him for a 3 hour grooming session :shock:. As I always say, still is progress never-the-less. I didn't get the chance to catch the Harry Potter flick during the weekend but the family and I are planning to see it sometime this week :D!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Hey all, gained a mere 28k xp today...had an extremely busy day! Wasn't able to RuneScape too much due to having to take the dog to the vet for a general checkup and later take him for a 3 hour grooming session :shock:. As I always say, still is progress never-the-less. I didn't get the chance to catch the Harry Potter flick during the weekend but the family and I are planning to see it sometime this week :D!

What kind of dog do you have?

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

What kind of dog do you have?

He's a Norwegian Elkhound ::'...a very special breed whose appearance looks like a cross between a German Shepherd and a Husky. They are pretty darn fluffy so any grooming trip takes between 2-4 hours. He's my first dog and I love him so...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Hey everybody, powermined a good 50k xp today. At least its more of the lumpsome amount that I usually desire. Real life engagements are starting to creep on me and slowing down my mining levels ups. I remain undeterred as always though :D. Today was a quite an odd day. It was happy, sad, and funny all at the same time.

The sad bit of it was a good friend of mine had to leave RuneScape today. He generously bestowed many items unto me such as glorious Wizzy (g) robes and a Magic (t) amulet. I will always wear the amulet he gave me in his memory and never sell the lovely presents he gave (hope to see you back foo, thanks for keeping watch of my bloggie).

The happy bit of it was that I powermined my usual goal of 1000+ iron ores a day.

And the funny bit would be the comical encounter I had with a steamed level 7 bronze axe wielder. Those of you who visit my powermining sessions have witnessed how I relentlessly hit those rimmy rocks with effortless speed. An hour and a half into my powermining the level 7 strolls by and starts to observe me suspiciously. He finally reveals his thoughts and says: "U mus be one of dem autoers or chineze swetshop workers". Before I was able to indicate my status as both a Human and an American, he says: "Cao ni ma!" He then immediately logs out. I quickly Googled the phrase and realized that it was quite an obscene term in Mandarin :shock: (hence me putting it in reasonably smaller text). I bursted out laughing because it is ridiculous that a Autoer/Chinese Sweatshop Worker would have a combat level of 63, be clothed in full Saradomin, and have a Persian username for cripe sakes :XD:. Anyways, that was my odd happy/sad/funny day...new bank picture is up by the way (starting to accumulate funds as I have the time).

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~