You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are playing runescape when the paralyse monster prayer was still around.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

14months isn't old school, although 3 years ago i remember alot...only played for 2 days then quit though...Old fally...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

You're oldschool if you used knife bug to train your pures :|. OR if you visited black hole.

Well this isn't very "oldschool" but at least you started playing in rsc if you got 60 agility on f2p world 8).

When your version of a random event is a lvl 15 walking by saying @ran@ lol

Wasn't the 'random event' of the old days 'Null' :P?

Anyways, i reckon you're oldschool if you started in 2002 in before.

It was null with no caps, but there was an actual guy called Null, rune pure if i remember

Noob Skillls - 89 Range - 82 Magic - 78 Strength - 80 Hitpoints - 44 Prayer

-69 Combat -

-99 Cooking-

-ANTI PURE BASHER, PURE AND PROUD-

When the rs website interface was two rows of boxes, when the world select page was across rather than down. When fally wasn't white-washed. When you had to click every fish to cook it, when it took 10 seconds of conversation to get to karajama, when you could go out and cut a yew tree and only 0-1 real players were the only competition. When there was no moat to divide the wild. When Greaters and Lessers looked like giant lizards, when you had to log in to the forums to access them f2p or p2p. When Classic was available to all. I could think up alot more but I'm tired its late here. -.- Bring me back to those days please.

When a message appeared telling you to move out of a particular spot, when there were no bank booths and the banker could only service one person at a time, when Varrock was the biggest market square for trading instead of Falador, When you maged and ranged, they were green and blue balls, when there was no weapon speed, when you flew on a glider it looked like you were wearing it as a hat and you were screaming 'aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!', when full rune was worshipped, when D meds were seriously rare and a status symbol, when the rune 2h was the favoured pking weapon, when full helms were called larges, when demons and dragons looked like a 2d drawing, when Legends was the only master quest, when you only got xp when you've killed the monster, when you needed to get your things certed by Miles, Giles and Niles if you wanted to sell them in bulk, when sound effects were p2p only but sounded really chat, when there was no music, when there was a period of time when they had sleeping bags and fatigue but got rid of it, when there was good and evil prayer and I think magic as well, when Gearshifter and Choppermad were the top players, when there were no multicombat zones... Um, I'm running out of memories to reminisce, someone help me :oops:

happysigbp0.jpg

when you had to click memebrs or free instead of high or low detail

when autoers were owned by sleeping bags

when if you reached max inv everything you got dropped to the floor

when dueling was everywhere and free telly to lumby was gotten by dueling and dying on purpose

when you tried the beta

when you had to transfer back to rsc cause you didn't like rs2 then regretted it and transfered back which doubled your arrows and runes and changed your right half of sheild to left when they were worth like 15m

when you could buy full phat set for 13m

when everybody anticipated carpentry but didn't come out as construction like 2 years later

when everybody got disappointed because jagex stoled christmas in 2003

i can't remember more right now

honduras.gif

You remember when castle wars was released :P

I remember that day, first time i'd seen a drag battle axe special :oops:

I noticed i was slightly old school when i remembered the first updade that happened when i turned member was the lighthouse and 'horror from the deep' quest came out

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I usually stay out of these topics because they pop up every few weeks, but anyway.

brbbt0.th.png

Thought it was kinda cool. My best experience was the day logging in RS from RSC and everywhere was packed. 2nd best experience was the day KQ came out, going in there and looting some loot from the people who died. When I log onto my old comp I'll find the pic of everyone fighting and about 100 of the bugs around.

People that ask me what a scythe is and where they could get it.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Wehn you remember Purples at 18M

When you bought Full Zammy for 3M insteada of 2 santa for 3M :roll: #-o #-o

When you remember this:

6c5k083.jpg

664ais0.jpg

4r09dgz.jpg

I have about 500 more not going to upload them

The system was shut down for 5 hours for an update :-k

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

When you got a picture of yourself appearing at server status.

serverstatus.jpg

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

When you got a picture of yourself appearing at server status.

serverstatus.jpg

That server status thing is brilliant, wish they had them now and you can find out who the best ranked players are in your current world :-k

You're oldschool if you used knife bug to train your pures :|. OR if you visited black hole.

Well this isn't very "oldschool" but at least you started playing in rsc if you got 60 agility on f2p world 8).

Thats not oldschool to use knife bug, thats just lame and cheating.