Will gold farmers, be the downfall of RuneScape?

brave

They don't help, by driving the buying price down they are also driving the selling price down. So we make little money to buy cheap goods, or we can make a lot of money to buy expensive goods. I'm for the latter.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

So, in answer to this thread, yes I DO believe that some day gold-farmers will destroy this game. When that happens, Jagex will simply create another game and the cycle will continue.

Gold farmers can't damage something if people don't buy from them. Ultimately its the players who are wrecking the game. The Gold Farmers skill and sell for cash and then sell the cash to players which is against Jagex's rules and code of conduct.

As much as people would like to think autoers are the reason for item prices they aren't. People lower prices to "steal" or "lure" buyers and encourage competition to lower their prices so that they can buy the product cheap and sell it for a higher profit. It's all to do with merchanting.

I don't think gold farmers are wrecking runescape. If players stopped buying from them they'd move to a different game simple.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

well i dont think it will be the down fall but it will show the people playing for fun apart from the people who just play to brag that there better

the game is not just about money or the market crashing, man if there is a market crash i think it will be good for the game

the means are there to live without the money on this game so why is every one fretting

just think, mine 1k essence, make in to runes, use for magic, a wonderful 3 steps procedure cuts out the need for the market

Goldminers the downfall of RuneScape? :-s Ever heard of immature brats?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

We have to keep 2 different things in mind. While bots can lower prices on many things, outside factors can also change them. With MTK/Royal Trouble, an ever increasing amount of maple logs, coal and flax are entering the economy. At first these supplies were used up as they came in. But eventually, there was a surplus, and prices began to drop.

It isn't all autoers. Many updates can affect it too.

nh.jpg