17 July 2007 - Pest Control update and Game Improvements

no_way2go

Finally, here's melee.

6fontd3.jpg

EDIT: whoops, forgot to equip gloves, but you can see the bonuses from other pics

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Jagex....

Just ask nicely and u get what u want.

Jagex caters to beggers and lazy people.

There is absolutely no skill involved in skilling anymore.

Just about everything has an "x" option, just click and sit, go afk, look at other sites....wow hard.

Good job jagex you have officially ruined one of the tougher skills in the game. It is just a rich version of fletching now.

Skills are respected cause they take effort and time. It is getting to the point where no skill takes effort. The game should be a challenge. Just because people dont feel like clicking a few thousand times doesnt mean there is a problem with the skill.

This game is at the point where it is excessivly easy to get levels.

Thanks jagex for ruining another skill.

Can't wait for mining to become like wc, or else why dont you find out a way to ruin rc or slayer.

I am 99 herb but im not just saying "o i did it the hard way". This game needs a few hard skills. There is no problem with them. Just because 5k people dont have 99 doesnt mean there is an issue.

Thanks, everyone seems to forget this. I totally agree with you, I just tried some herblore and it's sooooo much easier now. It isn't even fun anymore. This is one of the worst updates up to date (together with a lot of other "X" options, let's wait for a "Afk X" now).

Marginal improvement in herblore.

Getting the stuff (herbs in particular) was the hard part, not clicking use wf vial with herb like any chimp can do.

Getting more herbs easier and/or increasing the farming yields so farming was actually more meaningful than token would be a real improvement in herblore.

Anyhow, try not to rant like the emos crying about getting some small agility from leaping fish.

I think somebody calculated it to be with 140mil fishing xp you get 99 agility.

140mil fishing has never been done yet, so 99 agility will never be achieved by somebody who quit agility courses back in the noob levels.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You might have noticed that 'make-x' for smithing is missing - do not fear! It is still being worked on and will be brought to you soon.

I do fear, Jagex, I do.

for some reason I just bursted out laughing at that :XD:

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Way to go Jagex....

Just about everything has an "x" option, just click and sit, go afk, look at other sites....wow hard.

Good job jagex you have officially ruined one of the tougher skills in the game. It is just a rich version of fletching now.

Skills are respected cause they take effort and time. It is getting to the point where no skill takes effort. The game should be a challenge. Just because people dont feel like clicking a few thousand times doesnt mean there is a problem with the skill.

Can't wait for mining to become like wc, or else why dont you find out a way to ruin rc or slayer.

I am 99 herb but im not just saying "o i did it the hard way". This game needs a few hard skills. There is no problem with them. Just because 5k people dont have 99 doesnt mean there is an issue.

since you say that.... no, not really, herblore is now slower than before... you should be happy that you have 99 herb...

anyway, anyone who is a mod can tell us what the city crier would say to you? i heard it is different than us...

I got a pc product pure myself and ain't too happy with it.

But on the otherside training at pc was insane exp and sometimes not even funny anymore.

I got peace with it now and decided to try some rock crabs and fire giants again.

Red9999- 119 combat

89 / 99 cooking

Way to go Jagex....

Thanks, everyone seems to forget this. I totally agree with you, I just tried some herblore and it's sooooo much easier now. It isn't even fun anymore. This is one of the worst updates up to date (together with a lot of other "X" options, let's wait for a "Afk X" now).

Really, I dont see your point with all the x-ing at all.

The hard part in all the skills was getting the materials. That part has stayed. Why on earth do you prefer manually clicking all the potions, and risking a tunnel syndrom or RSI when you now just can click x and look away. Seriously, I'm happy about it and I like it.

I really cant see why you prefer it the harder way, by only needing a lot more clicking.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Well lets start from the top. The topic of discussion here is clearly PC and make x.

Quite frankly I don't care much about PC. I might PC long enough to get the outfit but I doubt I can do that at level 89. There's no decent clans out there for mid-level players and I have a dreadful feeling that it will basically be a bunch of people running around like chickens with their head cut off. I've always thought PC was boring and a waste of time, my mind might change now if a 70-99 clan emerges. That'd be nice.

As for 'make x' well I think it's a lot of pointless complaining. If you want a challenge then it's as easy as this. Don't use it! Simple right? Yes! The "simpleness" of make x is gone and now you have your challenge. That wasn't too hard eh?

I'm disappointed that the axe head random is now gone. This is a BAD thing. Botters have ALWAYS had trouble with lost axe/pickaxe head for the longest time. Now Jagex is benefiting them. They can sit with 20 Rune Axes in their bank and once they're all broken they can just fix them again. At least with the lost head random they would bot with at best a steel axe in fear of losing money on lost axe heads. This has to be the lowest point and worst point of the update IMO

Something else the bothers me is that I probably won't get the new random from hunting because if I do then there's a good chance I'll loose my traps. So this means that I can't get the book of experience for more Hunter xp. If they decrease the chance of getting a genie I'll be greatly upset.

Last on the list is the new trade window ++ on that to Jagex. I can see A LOT less scams in the future. But if I had to guess people will obviously find a way around this too and find ways to scam. When there is an open market there will always be scammers. Just look at infomertials ::'

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Wow, thanks for this informative post that anyone that can see would have been able to figure out!

It helps us who are unable to log on to Runescape at the moment. This way we can see what the changes look like.

you do not realize that, he first posted with no information at all. then edited it to include it, when darkdude posted it was a nearly blank page. so... shut up.

That's right :oops:

There were 3 replys within 15 seconds of my post, I underestimated TIF users <3:

Ooo another system update coming up!

Sytem update, discuss here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=679221

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -