PC update perfect and fair for all

leebrave

I have a feeling that there won't be hardly any level 90's out there anymore. All the pc products seem to be happy that they don't have to switch worlds now. Whatever Jagex is just wrecking rs as we know it.

Quit RuneScape :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a great update, balance out the levels and the exp.

A riot in World 99? No damn wonder it was full the entire day... :x

I miss W99... :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

actually not everyone thinks that its fair

especially these people:

world99riot.jpg

Go home losers!!!!!!!!!! :XD: :XD: :XD:

did you guys notice there more riots this year than any lol?

i wanna name them?

1 for some nooby pker

2 i dont really rember and

3 this one :P

P.S. half say ice me they dont even know what its about they just go to kill people lol

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Can some one tell me what the bloody tactics are for the new Pest Control? Wait around till sheilds are drop then kill the portal? Is that it? Seriously what a JOKE! They just made it longer and cut the exp. No team work is required whatsoever. All you do is the same damn thing!

Well i cant say that this is either a good update or bad update, i'll look at the pro's and con's of both and see which weighs out the other.

PRO'S

Sorted level pcing

Reduced amount of PC products

More experience gained in a game

CON'S

Less xp/hr

Harder games to win

Longer games

Can't think of any at the moment, but the cons seem more critical than the pro's.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Can some one tell me what the bloody tactics are for the new Pest Control? Wait around till sheilds are drop then kill the portal? Is that it? Seriously what a JOKE! They just made it longer and cut the exp. No team work is required whatsoever. All you do is the same damn thing!

You also need tactics to protect the knight. No one used to have to worry about it before because the portals would be down before he'd taken major damage, and since destroying a portal gave him more hitpoints, the little damage he took was negligible. Now you need to kill/distract monsters so they don't kill the knight, and at the same time destroy the portals once the shields go down, while still making sure the knight doesn't get killed.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

You also need tactics to protect the knight. No one used to have to worry about it before because the portals would be down before he'd taken major damage, and since destroying a portal gave him more hitpoints, the little damage he took was negligible. Now you need to kill/distract monsters so they don't kill the knight, and at the same time destroy the portals once the shields go down, while still making sure the knight doesn't get killed.

You can no longer distract any monsters not even Spinners you either have to ignore them and keep attack the portal or just have a low level do it or do it yourself. Before the update all tried to make sure that the Knight had sufficient hitpoints. I never join a 30 sec. clan so I don't know anything about killing portals before he dies.

You can no longer distract any monsters not even Spinners you either have to ignore them and keep attack the portal or just have a low level do it or do it yourself. Before the update all tried to make sure that the Knight had sufficient hitpoints. I never join a 30 sec. clan so I don't know anything about killing portals before he dies.

before this update, pretty much all games that didn't have an organised team only went for the portals, not giving a crap about whether the knight died or not. that's why they almost always lost. only one or two people protected the knight, the rest went after the portals. only problem is everyone in a random pc game was so weak that they couldn't kill the portals before the knight died.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

agreed. the only people with a problem are the pures who are stuck with people THEIR LEVEL.

you actually think we 90s and 100s would WANT pure scum in our games? its the whole point there's been rants to change! now when there's a change, more rants!!! rioters in world 99 are ruining our tipit home world due to their protests that are getting NOWHERE.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

you actually think we 90s and 100s would WANT pure scum in our games? its the whole point there's been rants to change! now when there's a change, more rants!!! rioters in world 99 are ruining our tipit home world due to their protests that are getting NOWHERE.

It's never a good thing to call other players scum-- Especially when they haven't done anything wrong :shame:

Anyway, I quite like this update. I hated PC anyway (Yeah, that makes me biased. At least I can admit it!).

It's never a good thing to call other players scum-- Especially when they haven't done anything wrong :shame:

Anyway, I quite like this update. I hated PC anyway (Yeah, that makes me biased. At least I can admit it!).

the majority of accounts that are pure have bad attitudes, they must think because they're on a account seperate from their main, they can be offensive. which is bull, because most drop trade or transfer a different way over 1 million gp worth of stuff. add that to the fact that i have met many pures who think transferring items from their main to their pure is ok if they use 2 computers, they have earned the name scum.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I have a rune pure ranger (92 range, 82 combat, 45 def), and have accumulated a few pc points aswell as killing countless fire giants along the way (around 10k of em actually!)

Throughout my range training, I always found the pc points to be only just more per hour than my fire giant training, without the drops. I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use a dedicated pc clan ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ noone likes pures remember ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ so just tried to hop to find decent worlds. I always attacked portals only, and on the whole disliked PC.

Those that complain that the range training is now nerfed, should use the chinchompas stored away in their banks, as there will be plenty more opportunities to use them with a 2 minute game, than a 30second one. I see PC as developing into what has always been available. A massive range/mage training area. Neglecting the pc points and concentrating solely on hitting with ice spells and chins for as long as the knight stays alive, without the need to use prayer pots (MM island).

Good job Jagex, gf strength pures with 99 str and 65 hitpoints. Those guys will be the new anomaly in RS in a year or so. No pure is going to camp at pc strength training for the same amount of experience per hour or less than crabs/experiemts.

this is a BAD update. If they wanted to make this update, they needed to make it less than a month after pest control got released.

jagex dropped the ball on this one badly. Not because of the mechanics of the update, but because now anyone who wanted a quick 99 stregnth got it LONG ago and now I get to be at a disadvantage when training?

forget that, I'm not resubscribing so i can work at 60% efficiency that all those before me finishing pc games in 30 seconds

it was pretty comforting to know there were 5-6 PC chat rooms that I knew of that would help me level any combat stat i wanted at level 100. I had two still bookmarked

Oh and jagex...relying on low levels to balance the game is bad? SO IS PLACING TIMERS ON WHEN YOU CAN ATTACK THINGS -.-

The fact of the matter is, pest control was the way it was for over a year. if you wanted 99 strength and you could stand pest control, it was all yours.

Everybody got THEIRS...now I have to work that much harder to get MINE?? just to be equal to all those who have been "abusing" pc all this time?

no thank you. Don't fix the problem after unleashing thousands of new players with 99 strength, i'm not interested in your untimely solution to a problem you should've seen in pest control's second week of development

someone once said something about not fixing what isn't broken..Don't fix what isn't broken and certainly don't leave something broken for a year and then some--and then tell me it's broken

Combat exp for 100+ got slower. Anything saying it's faster is completely false.

i know the perfect place to train melee at 100+cmb getting you 72k+ xp an hour with normal rune equipment, and using no food or pray. problem is ive talked about it so much on irc that people who know me know too much about it. it beats pc anyday.

:D

you failed to mention that you also need a mound of crack to stay awake while training on monsters

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

This update is giving away void knight equipment for practically nothing.

I had to world hop around for a 30 pts an hr for my full void night.

Now you can get 100+ an hr easy.

Experience is probably about the same for lvl 100+, of course the noobs got the shaft, but they were asking for it with all them 40 attack, hp, 99 str freaks.

Game mechanics are totally different and all the tricks you knew about the game you can just throw out.

Lost a few games because people think you can just one hit spinners and go back to the portals for example.

Its different than before, harder maybe, not any funner though in my opinion, certainly doesnt require any more strategy than before just different.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

On the boat for lvl 100+ players, you now get 140% XP/game that you used to get.

A game now takea a MINIMUM of 105 seconds (1 minute 45 seconds), but will probably take about 2 minutes to complete (120 seconds) - before this update with a good team it would be 30 seconds per game, but probaly an average of 40 seconds or so.

Now in 120 seconds you get 4 pc points, before in 120 seconds you got 3 points (not including time spent not in game)

you now get 4 instead of 3 points for 2 minutes, that means 120 instead of 90 points per hour.

HOWEVER, at 35% of the old xp, you used to get 90X100% = 9000% (Consider the 100% old xp per point, and 35% new xp per point), now you get 120X35% = 4200%.

It is less than half of what you could get before with rough numbers, even if numbers are more favorable in reality, it still won't change it by a factor of 2 or more

Basically, it is MUCH less XP for lvl 100+ players. GF Jagex.

EDIT: for the record, I hate pc and barely ever have trained there in the past and don't intend to train there now either.

I'm glad the nerfed PC it ruined combat and now the pure are little abbies who had to roit in w99.

Now combat can turn back to almost normal and those pures are almost ruined :thumbsup: \'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

this is a BAD update. If they wanted to make this update, they needed to make it less than a month after pest control got released.

jagex dropped the ball on this one badly. Not because of the mechanics of the update, but because now anyone who wanted a quick 99 stregnth got it LONG ago and now I get to be at a disadvantage when training?

forget that, I'm not resubscribing so i can work at 60% efficiency that all those before me finishing pc games in 30 seconds

it was pretty comforting to know there were 5-6 PC chat rooms that I knew of that would help me level any combat stat i wanted at level 100. I had two still bookmarked

Oh and jagex...relying on low levels to balance the game is bad? SO IS PLACING TIMERS ON WHEN YOU CAN ATTACK THINGS -.-

The fact of the matter is, pest control was the way it was for over a year. if you wanted 99 strength and you could stand pest control, it was all yours.

Everybody got THEIRS...now I have to work that much harder to get MINE?? just to be equal to all those who have been "abusing" pc all this time?

no thank you. Don't fix the problem after unleashing thousands of new players with 99 strength, i'm not interested in your untimely solution to a problem you should've seen in pest control's second week of development

someone once said something about not fixing what isn't broken..Don't fix what isn't broken and certainly don't leave something broken for a year and then some--and then tell me it's broken

Combat exp for 100+ got slower. Anything saying it's faster is completely false.

i know the perfect place to train melee at 100+cmb getting you 72k+ xp an hour with normal rune equipment, and using no food or pray. problem is ive talked about it so much on irc that people who know me know too much about it. it beats pc anyday.

you failed to mention that you also need a mound of crack to stay awake while training on monsters

This update would have taken months, thus making your argument completely invalid.

This update would have taken months, thus making your argument completely invalid.

Who's to say it would've taken months?? I don't think you can really invalidate my argument based on how much time you think it would theoretically take jagex to implement...

And you're wrong anyway, there could've been an intermediate update that lessened pest control exp while they figured out any imbalances. Instead, it went from OMG FREE EXP...to wow this is horrible, good job handing out free 40/1/99 pures for >1 year and then saying oh wait nevermind.

how about cut exp to 60%?? (or do you think this would this take 10 years to implement??) Cut exp based on the average level if it's too high?? (30 years at least)

letting a big mechanic like this go for well over a year and then nerfing it is inexcusable in my opinion.

And even if it would take "months" to do this as you say ( I don't buy that anyway) Last time i checked "months" is not equal to "more than a year".

Your argument against my complaint is invalid anyway because they should've never released this in the first place if it was truly broken as they say it was--never mind that they let something broken exist for over a year...Why were have we been playing "pest control beta 1.2" for >1 year...bah inexcusable to the max

to make a drastic modification like this is an admission that the product wasn't finished.

'yeah sorry guys, that update wasn't working as we intended it to for abouuuuut 15 months, but after testing we're ready to release the real pest control...'

to which a level 86 with 99 strength replies 'yeah I was actually more into the pest control beta, but thanks for that, and thanks for the uber char'

also, can you give more than a smug one line response next time??

I completely appreciate it

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I LOVE the update, but i just wish jagex had done it WAY erlier, i can safely say 2/3 of the people on my friendslist and i know, who were lower leveld than me a year ago, but are higher now Pc'd it. To be honest i feel cheated. People who wanted easy 99's have ALREADY got them, so what is the point anymore? were already full of pc noobs, stopping more isnt going to solve the problem. The problem could only be solved in about a year or so when all the people who did get thier easy 99's at pest control quit because they lack the commitment to runescape. Only then will things go back to normal.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^