Guide to the Gods 1k+ views. Please at least look![IN DEPTH]

Sir_Gfdsa

Here Is My Guide To The Gods Of Runescape

[hide=Announcements]Writers

-Me

Player Additions (In the Players Guide Section)

-Insertmynamehere

Post Please Don't Be Shy

Pics up soon it is so hard to find them my computer lost them

{NOTE I WILL START ACCEPTING NEW PICS FOR THIS GUIDE ASAP}[/hide]

[hide=Credits and disclaimer]Pictures: Runescape.com, Tip.it, Me, Jj kl 67(Brother)

Donations: Jj kl 67(Brother)

Corrections: Spelling and grammer checker (man I love that thing)

Disclaimer: If someone has wrote a guide like this I am sorry. If someone thinks I copied this guide from somewhere. If you show me proof I will give some credit to that person(s) to that section of the guide. If you want to add something, or something is wrong pm me and I will add or change it.[/hide]

[hide=Reader Satisfaction]

really wonderful guide, you are way better than all those really old dudes at varrock museum

Very nice :) Detailed, thorough.

Right now, we don't have a history/folklore section for the site, but it's been considered. If we ever do, I'll make sure to have your guide formatted in.

This is amazing! I give you a 10/10, even without pictures! I am one of the few people that like to delve into the history of Runescape, so I find this very interesting. I really like to learn about the rise of Zamorak, etc. The Mahjarrat are very interesting to me as well. (Personally I'm a Guthix follower, he shall awaken! :))

omg... i just clicked on thbis thinking you were gonna tell em that zammy was evil, sara was good, and guthix was balance..

nope! it was a great guide it has a ton of stuff in it!

looks like u worked very hard on this guide 8-)

Wow great job! This was an interesting read, and it must of taken you ages to find all of this information. I appreciate you taking time out of your day just so that we can know more about our beloved Runescape and it's myths and lore. Thanks. It took an hour out of my day but it was worth it,

Hiitchhiiker

This is great! I love this, so many deities i didn't know about! You've worked really hard researching this!

Very very nice read. Sticky? AoW? I thnk so! Lol, anyway, must have taken you a while to come up with that. Either way, it was a very nice read and loved it. First thing i did after i read, went into Runescape and quizzed almost everyone on my friends list to see how much they knew about the game they play! Hahah, thanks a ton.

Wow :shock: 10/10 definitely. I was considering doing something like this myself but... I'm not that dedicated, not near enough.

Very nice guide, was a good read ::'
[/hide] <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

This guide is long read only parts you want to or the whole guide.

Table of Contents

-Three main Gods [TMG]

-The Other Gods [TOG]

-Unknown to Most [uTM]

Words: more than 10000

[hide=Three main gods]The three main gods of the game of runescape represent three simple ideas in the game: order (Saradomin), chaos (Zamorak), and balance (Guthix). Nature and balance is represented by the god Guthix. Saradomin represents wisdom, peace, and order. Zamorak signifies chaos and bloodshed in RuneScape. These three main gods have player obtainable decorative armor. This armor offers the same bonuses as runite armor, and is used to show the wealth of one player, for these armors are very expensive.

Jagex provided a program to RuneScape players that allowed them to view imaginary letters from the three main gods of the game. The program was called God Letters, lasting from September 24 2002 to December 9 2004. See God Letters.

The gods do not directly interact with the players of runescape. Their main contributions to the plot involve legends, myths, and traditions.

History: Saradomin

Saradomin is the god of all things good, wisdom, peace, order, and pleasantry. Saradomin was one of the two main participants in the God Wars after Guthix departed. and he himself is usually visually represented as an older looking man with a bald head and a beard with long hair in the back. (below)

Altars to his skill can be found in various places across the RuneScape world. Saradomin monks have set up altars of worship to him, the largest being the Monastery/Prayer Guild and a church on the island Entrana. Entrana is the place where Saradomin first arrived on Gielinor. It is entirely dedicated to him to such a high degree that players are not allowed weapons or armour there, for these are considered by Saradomin to be Zamorak's implements of death. Less is known about Saradomin's place of origin. He seems to have come from a dimension other then Gielinor or Freneskae. An elite group of soldiers known as the Temple Knights were given the task of protecting the holy house of worship on Entrana.

Despite Guthix's ban on the gods interfering in the runescape realm, they will still offer their followers help in the form of prayers. As Saradomin dislikes undue violence, he appreciates it when one gives an enemy a honourable burial. The prayer skill can thus be interpreted to gaining the favor of the gods. Despite this, it is said by Necrovarus, the ghost priest in charge of the ectofuntus, a way of training the prayer skill, that the ectofuntus generates unholy units of power.

In Saradomin's old letters, he usually talks with the same fully modern British English as the authors of the game, but from time to time he will lapse into an older English.

However, many recent actions by or on the part of Saradomin have cast him in a dubious light. For example:

In the 'Gods Letters' section of the runescape Site, Saradomin claims to have created runescape. This is a known lie, as it has been confirmed that Guthix created runescape. However, Saradomin did help make runescape into what it is today, while Guthix only created the world but did not shape it to its current form. Check out the God letters section of this guide for the letters that state that he created runescape.

An advisor to King Roald in Varrock acts as a Saradominist lobbyist, pressuring the king into making favourable decisions and making sure no other denominations have representatives.

Saradomin: God of pleasantry, order and wisdom. The second invader of Gielinor (the planet of Runescape). Protects peace and can bestow special powers to those who pray to him. Most Runescape NPCs are followers of Saradomin.

Symbol: 4-pointed star

Colors: blue, white, yellow

Special Items: Saradomin full helm, Saradomin platebody, Saradomin platelegs, Saradomin kiteshield, Saradomin staff, Monk's robe (top), Monk's robe (bottom), H.A.M. Robes (top), H.A.M. Robes (bottom), H.A.M. cape, H.A.M. boots, H.A.M. gloves, H.A.M. logo, Saradomin cape, Saradomin staff, Holy symbol, Holy book.

Places of Worship: Monastery, Ardougne church, Varrock church (northeast), Port Sarim church, Lumbrige church, Seers church, cave through the Well of Voyage, Entrana (where he first arrived to this world).

Motto: Strength though Wisdom

Followers: Monks, Abbott langley, H.A.M. Followers, Saradomin Mage, Elissa, Paladins, White Knights, Observatory Professor, Warrior Women, the Myrque, King Lathas and his followers the knights of Ardoughne, Felinoel, Phoenix Gang members, Ancient Citizens of Uzer, Zealot, Kent, most Runescape citizens.

Nickname: Sara

Guthix

History: Guthix

Guthix is known as the god of balance and nature. This does not always mean it strives for peace. Guthix is neither male nor female. Considered neither good nor evil, Guthix does both when it needs to balance out the actions of Saradomin and Zamorak when either of them tips the scale too far in their own favor. It strives for a world of perfect balance, which is apparently hard to comprehend. Guthix is immensely powerful, more so than any of the other gods.

Guthix arrived on Gielinor (the name it gave to RuneScape) to find it barren and lifeless. It reshaped the world and went into a deep "sleep", or as it is described in one of its god letters, a state of meditation so intense it could not concentrate on anything else. In its sleep about 20 other deities entered Gielinor. Zaros's fall happened during its sleep, so it has no knowledge of him. Also, the God Wars had occurred between the deities, and Saradomin and Zamorak usurped, and did quite a bit of damage to the world Guthix created, mainly resulting in the creation of what players know as the Wilderness. They would have continued to battle and completely obliterated Gielinor had Guthix not reawakened. While Guthix claims that it single-handedly stopped the god wars, it is worth being noted that the Elves claim that the war was stopped when "the gods realised that they would destroy the very thing they were fighting for." Whether Guthix made them realise this, or that either version of events is a downright lie, remains to be seen. After this Guthix hid underground for many years and cried until the rocks themselves wept with it thus creating the mini-game tears of Guthix, and ordering Juna, a serpent, to guard them. It has also made the other gods not interfere directly with worldly affairs. This is sometimes breached, however it is usually too trifling for Guthix to stage a full on confrontation over it, and consequently wreck the balance. After completing the "Tail of Two Cats" quest, Bob the Jagex Cat will tell you that Guthix is responsible for bringing the first creature to Gielinor, the sheep, and then bringing the second creature, the cat. Guthix shows a knowledge of science when it described the formula for water (H2O).

Guthix is seen as a floating skull with tendrils attached to it in the God Letters, but it is a shape shifter. It has been seen as a multicoloured butterfly and a rock-like object. Its true form is impossible to comprehend by mortals, and it has said its true name is impossible to pronounce with vocal cords. Its followers are limited but include the druids, gnomes, the Void Knights, and players who choose its path. The dwarves, though not particularly religious, are indeed Guthixian, should one ask them about it. The unique trait about Guthix is that unlike Zamorak and Saradomin, it does not need followers to remain on the mortal realm but instead draws strength from the planet itself and the movement of the universe, showing why it does not demand worship from those who follow its ways.

In the God Letters, the language used in response to letters directed toward Guthix speak in a dialect of Early Modern English with slight changes to allow readability.

Guthix: God of balance and nature. Neither good nor evil, he does what we could call both good and bad in his duties to preserve the balance. He was around many millennia before the other gods, and came to Gielenor before anything inhabited it. Some say he was the creator of Gielinor. He established a natural order, and when it was peaceful, he slept.... for a couple millennia. When he awoke, Saradomin and Zamorak were present and warring (others say other gods were present and warring as well), and they were causing much imbalance and destruction to the world. Guthix intervened and Zamorak, Saradomin, and Guthix swore not to interfere directly with the world of Gielinor anymore.

Symbol: vertical squiggly line

Colors: white, green, cyan

Special Items: Guthix full helm, Guthix platebody, Guthix platelegs, Guthix kiteshield, Guthix staff, Druids robe (top), Druids robe (bottom), Guthix cape, Silver sickle (the weapon and symbol of HIS druids), Book of balance

Place of Worship: Taverley Druid circle, Seer's Village church

Followers: Taverley Druids, Seers, Gnomes, Varrock Gypsy , Dwarfs

Motto: Balance is Power

Nickname: Guthix

History: Zamorak

Zamorak is the lord of chaos, evil, destruction, and darkness. He is generally an unpleasant deity.

Zamorak was the second main participant in the God Wars. Though he did not shape the world as Saradomin did, Zamorak had corrupted many parts of the would-be orderly world Saradomin envisioned with taints of "evil", especially in human nature and such.

Zamorak is portrayed as a godly figure of power and destruction. Zamorak commands the various types of demon and dragon, and has the ability to summon undead creatures, or as its called, necromancy, as well as controlling many of the creatures associated with evil, such as werewolves, shades, and all of the vampires. Other followers of Zamorak include Zamorak mages, dark wizards, necromancers, black knights, the entire city of Khazard, and players who choose to follow Zamorak. In previous ages the Zamorakians, hated and feared by Saradominists, were driven out of main cities.

Though not as common as altars to Saradomin, chaos altars are still a relatively common sight in the RuneScape world. Although most of society disapproves of them, Zamorakians have a number of secret societies such as the Zamorakian Magical Institute and the Hazeel Cult. Zamorak's territory is mainly in the former battlefields of the God Wars now known as the Wilderness. Zamorak also controls the lands to the east of the river Salve, known as Morytania, but he has met with far more resistance here than in the wilderness.

Zamorak's main source of entertainment is death. He does not usually care who it is who dies, with exceptions being someone he knows personally, such as Lord Drakan or Hazeel.

Zamorak: God of chaos, war, and destruction. Zamorak is a god of evil allignment. One of the invaders of Guthix's world of Geilinor (Runescape). Saradomin's current rival, he does evil deeds and controls most of the evil-doers of Runescape... he can also taint those who are "impure" with sin to drive them crazy and make them evil. Follows of Zamorak are considered dangerous, like a cult, and are usually shunned by many in the Runescape society. It was not always this way, but his followers, the dark wizards, did burn the first Wizard Tower and end the Golden Age. For the information on the rise of Zamorak with the downfall of Zaros, please read about the information below about the Ghostly Riders

Symbol: 3 on its side | m

Colors: red, black

Special Items: Zamorak full helm, Zamorak platebody, Zamorak platelegs, Zamorak kiteshield, black full helm, black platebody, black platelegs, black kiteshield, and all other black armor, Zamorak staff, Zamorak robe (top), Zamorak robe (bottom), Zamorak cape, Zamorak staff, Unholy symbol, Unholy book.

Places of Worship: Chaos altars in Wilderness, Varrock altar southeast of Aubury's Rune Shop, Chaos altar north of Doric, Agility dungeon and Underground Pass

Followers: Chaos druids, Chaos dwarf, Chaos druid warriors, Prince Anlaf of Burthrope and his followers the Imperial Guard, Zamorak mages, Zamorak Monks, Dark wizards, Necromancers, demons, vampires, werewolves, Black Knights, Mahjarrat, Hazeel, Iban, Black Arm Gang members, and Chaos Druids

Nickname: Zammy

Motto: Strength through Chaos[/hide]

[hide=The Other gods]These gods still exist in the world of RuneScape, but are not as popular as the 3 main gods. They have little or no active followers, no god letters, but maybe some holy objects dedicated to them. Jagex have on occasion hinted at there being 20 or more gods, demigods and immortals, but rarely are they forthcoming with information.

History: Zaros

Zaros, also known as the Empty Lord, is a former major deity. Despite a common belief among players that he is an evil deit yand the fact that he came into direct conflict with, Jagex has stated that he is not necessarily evil, and his alignment has not been revealed as of yet. As Zaros came long before Guthix entered Gielinor, Zaros was the most powerful deity known at the time and threatened to take total control of Gielinor. To prevent this from occurring, the other gods allied against him. Around the same time that the other gods allied against Zaros, some of his supposed Mahjarrat allies, led by Zamorak, attempted to overthrow Zaros, while other Mahjarrat, primarily remained allied with him. A mortal follower of Saradomin aided Zamorak by giving him the Staff of Armadyl, a powerful, magical weapon, in the hope that Zaros would be defeated with it.

As a result of the battle, Zaros was trapped in another dimension while Zamorak used Zaros' power to replace him as a god. No quests have yet revealed whether Zaros is alive or dead, but Jagex has suggested through certain quests that he may eventually return.

Zaros: A god of chaotic allignment with both good and evil tendencies. He was worshipped mainly in the Second Age. Some say that Zaros is the second god that appeared in Gielinor. He was soon forgotten, as one of his demonic mortal disciples, Zamorak, betrayed him and waged war against him with the help of the others. The ancient Saradominian priests covered up the existence of Zaros due to one of Saradomin's mages helping in Zaros' defeat. And one of the old priests is still around and still says there is no such thing as Zaros, he is now known as the Wise Old Man. Zaros' ancient kingdom was mostly in the deserts of Al-Kharid, where some of the populace still believe in him. He is not like Zamorak, He is said to have been a "good" evil, because he is not as full of tricks and treachery as Zamorak. During the Second Age, Zaros' followers had a magnificent and highly magical empire in northeast Geilinor. It is suspected that he was the best god of magic, since his followers had access to such forces three ages before the official discovery of the Rune Essence, but this cannot yet be confirmed. His champion, and possibly half-mortal son, was Azzanadra. During the Third Age the empire was utterly destroyed by Saradomin and Zamorak, who feared and envied Zaros' power. Some remains can be found but most were buried deep beneath the earth. If you wish to take a historical journey, you may visit such places as the Edgeville Dungeon, the Digsite, the ruins in the Wilderness, and even the Wilderness Agility Course.

Symbol: A large circle with a cross in the middle

Colors: Sandy whitish yellow, Purple.

Special Items: Talisman of Zaros

Places of Worship: Most temples of Zaros are either unknown, destroyed, or buried, there is a temple underneath the Digsite and perhaps others

Followers: Lucien, Desert Bandits, Azzanadra

Armadyl: A good god, though he differs on a few points with Saradomin. He's not very widely worshipped but he is in good health. Armadyl seems to take a more passive approach to maintaining order and virtue than Saradomin.

Symbol: Similar to Saradomin's Symbol

Colors: white, cyan

Special Items: Staff of armadyl, Pendant of armadyl,

Places of Worship: Temple of Ikov. The Digsite and perhaps others.

Followers: Armadyl Guardians, Larissa, possibly other Fremenniks

History: Icthlarin

Icthlarin is the god of the dead. He watches over the souls of the deceased by ensuring their arrival at the underworld and by protecting their tombs from desecration. This god appears to be half human, Half jackal. He is the sibling and eternal rival of Asmacut.

Icthlarin: Menaphite god of the dead. He is generally concerned with making sure proper burial rites are given, souls reach the underworld, and tombs are not desecrated. He really loves cats and for some reason his head is a dog's head, why Jagex has a dog headed cat lover, I'm not sure, maybe they are just playing with our minds.

Symbol: Ankh O+ and Menaphite Holy Symbol

Colors: Unknown

Special Items: Catspeak Amulet.

Places of Worship: Sophanem

Followers: People of Sophanem.

History: Amscut

Amscut is the goddess of destruction, also known as The Devourer. Her main goal is to devour the souls of the living and the dead. Amscut is seen in the game during a quest, in which she controls the player to steal a burial jar.

Amascut: Menaphite goddess of destruction and pain, also known as 'the Devourer'. Not truly evil, but she does whatever is needed to destroy. She fears cats. She is a nasty goddess aligned with zamorak, using adventurers to cause turmoil in Sophanem to anger Icthlarin. She can possess people and create plagues.

Symbol: Upside-down Ankh Labeled as "Unholy Symbol"

Colors: Orange, Brown, Red

Special Items: None in particular.

Places of Worship: None so far.

Followers: Menaphite Thugs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

History: Iban

In RuneScape, Iban plays the role of a very powerful and ambitious Black Knight. He is known as the "Son of Zamorak". He was first introduced in the Underground Pass Quest. He was known to be a very powerful and merciless ruler. This brings in the Iban Staff, known as one of the most powerful staves in RuneScape. Players must defeat him during a quest by collecting different parts of his life and destroying them by throwing them in the Well of Life. Despite his being referred to as the "Son of Zamorak", Iban is not literally his son.

Iban: The son of Zamorak. Iban was a Black Knight, who had learned to fight from Daquarius, Lord of the Black Knights. Together they had destroyed the might of the White Knights and Iban alone killed no less then one hundred soldiers. Iban himself was a well-educated nobleman who liked the fine things in life, but he always had a taste for more, nothing he ever recieved was enough. This hunger for more went far past the realm of mere mortals, into the shadowy places of darkness and evil. His ambition was godlike in its insatiability, and that was the cause of his darkness, he didn't just want people to salute him and pledge their forever allegiance, he wanted a whole legion of soulless followers, followers without free will or thought. He planned for this army to have their minds demented from the sheer power of his darkness radiating through them, and to become zombies, no emoton, feelings, or even a care. They would be servants to their evil master until their deaths. But this was a dream Iban could never achieve as a mere mortal. Iban was eventually killed by the White Knights with the foul taste of failure in his mouth he mournfully died. But little did he know that wasn't the end of his tale. A witch, named Kardia, loved the tale of Iban up until his death and she vowed to use her evil powers to find a way to bring him back so he could fulfill his dream to become a master of the undead. She found out that with a doll that has been smeared with the four elements (flesh, blood, shadow, conscience) that bring existence into being, could bring him back, so she went to the battlefield where Iban was slayed and stole a bit of his flesh. She then smeared it all over her doll of Iban while chanting his name. Next required was blood, but because Iban was killed long ago all his blood was gone, luckily she saw a giant blood sucking spider and took the chance the he had drank up some of iban and she slayed the spider and smeared the spider's blood on the doll. Next up was probably her hardest challenge, to recreate the intangible essense of life itself, its shadow. The only way to do this would be to perform an ancient ritual of Incantia, this ritual was so dark and powerful that her life was almost drawn from her, it was so close that she became unconscience. When she awoken she saw three demons were summoned, and they were standing in a triangle around the doll of Iban, they had their energy focused on Iban and they had become the Guardians of Iban's shadow, they were to be forever bound to iban. Now onto Iban's conscience, the one element that seperates man from all other beasts. All Iban's life he chose to take the path of evil, driven by this unholy ambition, his power grew, and now she could harness the residue of his existence, that had remained trapped in the dark places, to the fullest. She then locked a dove in an old wooden cage and left it for awhile. The dove, a symbol of peace, freedom, and hope, but it is also oblivious to the darkness of the world, just like a newborn child. The witch carefully pulled the white dove out of the cage, cradled it, and looked into the birds eyes softly, and them strangled the bird without warning. This bird would be the perfect conscience for Iban because it was innocence, corrupted by evil, she took some crushed bones from the birds body and smeared it too onto the doll of Iban. Thus almost completing the ritual, soon Iban would come again renewed with life. And so he did, Kardia had resurrected the most powerful evil to ever take the form of a human. And the process alone that was used to resurrect him, could also destroy him so she told no one. After being resurrected, Iban then took over a trade cavern near Ardougne and turned it into a portal of the damned. It is now called the Underground Pass, and is fabled to turn anyone into one of Iban's soulless followers if you linger in it too long. In the Underground Passage quest, you must destroy Iban using the same doll and the same spell. You must first collect the Shadow of Iban and you do this by killing the Demon Guardians called Othanian, Holthion, and Doomion. When each one dies they drop an Amulet. You then place all three amulets on top of a nearby chest and it opens revealing the Shadow of Iban. Ibans flesh is next up to get and you can find his tomb quite nearby. There is a headstone next to it, with some writing next to it. And when you try to open the tomb to get Ibans flesh, a spooky arm-like object hurts you, so why not just set the whole tomb ablaze! Now you can find his ashes and go on your merry way. To get Iban's blood you must find the giant spider that is surrounded by small spiders and blessed spiders of Iban. This giant spider is named Kalrag. After defeating this spider you find Iban's blood (how lucky!). Now onto Iban's conscience, as you have read earlier Iban's conscience was created from a dove, but by now the dove is all rotted, but it is still used because it is neccesary. Now all that is needed to do is to face Iban head on and destroy the doll. Iban lives in a spooky little house on the second floor of the Underground Passage. And that is that Iban gets defeated once more, although it is rumored that he is still alive.

Symbol: Simmiliar to Zamorak

Colors: Black

Special Items: Staff of iban

Place of Worship: Underground Pass (His throne is there and people call it Iban's Temple and it houses the Well of Voyage), chaos altars in wilderness.

Followers: Iban disciples, Soulless, Chaos druids, Chaos dwarf, Chaos druid warriors, Zamorak mages, Zamorak Monks, Dark wizards, Necromancers.

History: Lucien

Lucien is a Mahjarrat and the only major Zamorak follower not to join in the attack of Zaros's castle. His alliances and loyalties are questionable, but it seems likely that he is loyal to Zamorak. He was rumoured to be Zaros in disguise, but these rumours were dispelled by a Jagex member. He wants the Staff of Armadyl for reasons unknown. He is a brilliant mage and necromancer, but is quite weak physically, as he is level 14 and wields an iron dagger. You can either help him attain the Staff of Armadyl or slay him in the 'Temple of Ikov' quest, though even if you succeed in the latter, he will not "die", and will be brought back from Frenskae.

Lucien: Rumoured to be a human manifestation of Zaros, but a Council member has stated that the two are completely unaffiliated. He was a mysterious stranger wandering around Ardougne, trying to find the entrance to the fabled Temple of Ikov. In the Temple of Ikov quest, he gives you his pendant, granting you acess to the Chamber of Fear. During the quest you can switch to follow Armadyl and destroy Lucien, or steal the Staff of armadyl and hand it over to Lucien.

Symbol: Yellow Triangle with Three Blue Circles

Special Items: Pendant of Lucien

Places of Worship: none

Followers: none

Hazeel: Mahjarrat follower of Zamorak. Many years ago he was killed and his estate claimed by an ancestor of Ceril Carnillean. In the Hazeel Cult quest you have a choice to revive him.

Symbols: Upside Down Gold Symbol of Zamorak

Colors: Yellow

Special Items: Mark of Hazeel

Places of Worship: underground in Ardougne sewers

Followers: Hazeel Cult members including Alomone, Butler Jones, and Clivet

Azzanadra: Jackal-headed champion of Zaros. During the God Wars he was found to be unkillable. Azzandra was trapped for thousands of years inside a pyramid by the elements of blood, smoke, shadow, and ice. He was trapped by four creatures, they were Damis (he was a human who stole the diamond of shadow), Dessous (he was a vampire who stole the diamond of blood), Kamil (he was also a human and he stole the diamond of ice), Farred (was a fire demon and he stole the diamond of smoke). In the Desert Treasure quest you must slay the thieves and free Azzanadra.

Symbols: Unsure of any

Colors: brown, his head is maroon.

Special Items: Diamonds of Azzanadra: Smoke, Shadow, Blood and Ice.

Places of Worship: Pyramid south of the bandit town. When you have completed Desert Treasure you can switch between ancient and normal spells led here.

Followers: Desert Bandits, Ancesters of Eblis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/hide]

[hide=Unknown to most]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They aren't the main or well known gods. They might not even be gods. But they should be in this guide.

Sliske

History: Sliske was a Mahjarrat and was mentioned in the June Postbag from the Hedge in a Letter to Azzanadra. We also know he had a Serpent-Tongue which could mean he was a half snake, half mahjarrat. He apparently "delves in the shadows", which means he may have something to do with the "Shadow Realm", an alternate dimension where the spirits of dead individuals lead their new lives.

Symbol: Unknown

The Big High War God

The Big High War God is the Goblin God of War. Most of the Goblins in Gielinor follow him, with the exception of the tunnel-dwelling Dorgeshuun tribe, who contrast with most Goblins by being kind, gentle and relatively intelligent. According to the goblins of Goblin Village, he resides in the "Plain of Mud".

Followers: Most of the Goblins in Gielinor follow him, with the exception of the tunnel-dwelling Dorgeshuun tribe

Seren

Seren is the goddess of the elves. It is said in the RuneScape plot that she inspired the elves to build their city (Prifddinas) the way they did so they could communicate, protect themselves and prosper. She is also the original provider of crystal weaponry. She is apparently present within all elf crystal. In addition, she supposedly led the elven race through a 'World Gate', where they discovered Gielinor.

Fossegrimen:

Spirit of the Sea

Colors: Blue

Symbol: Enchanted Lyre

She is a good spirit who offers blessings to those who offer her something...

Sphinx:

Desert God

Colors: Gold, Yellow

Symbol: Sphinx Token

With the head of a human, the body of a lion, and the wings of an eagle this Sphinx, helps out adventurers caught under Amascut's spell. The Sphinx is a good friend of Itchlarin and seems to be a creature with a good nature

Oracle

Wise Albino

Colors: White, Red

One of the Mahjarrat Tribe and a follower of Zamorak. Resides on Ice Mountain and has the powers of clairvoyance and precognizance. Visit the Oracle as part of the Dragon Slayer Quest. His skin is pure white with red some symbols.

History: Marimbo

Marimbo is the god of the apes across the players' world of RuneScape. All of the monkeys of Ape Atoll are his followers. It takes the form of a gorilla and has a statue devoted to him in the temple on Ape Atoll.

It is said by his Monkey followers that he was once the pet of a God. Marimbo one day found a potion belonging to his master and drank it giveing him extreme intelligance. He then left his master and taught the Monkeys and Apes so they could become smarter and almost human. Thanks to him the Monkeys built a town on Ape Atoll named Marim after him.

Marimbo:

Monkey God

Colors: Beige, Brown

Symbol: Monkeyspeak Amulet

He is the monkey deity on the ape atoll, marim. Not much is known about him, but he possibly is evil as he orders the monkeys to build a vast army.

Ghost Riders:

Ghostly Followers

Colors: Transparent Black

Symbols: Ghost Rider Robes

The Ghost Riders are a newly discovered creature in the world of Gielinor, it is not known how long they have been lurking in corners but you can see them when you wear a ghostspeak amulet and a ring of visability. The garments these ghosts wear, once worn by a brave adventurer, will turn the adventurer invisable. Two of these ghost riders were spies of the good Saradomin, hiding out in the troops of the evil Zamorak, now this all started back when Zamorak was mortal. One of the ghost riders is named Rennard, he is the thief who stole the staff of the good Armadyl. Another one is called Kharrin, he was the merchanter of the items Rennard stole. Rennard and Kharrin were both pure Zamorakians. The next ghost rider is called Lenissa, she is a Saradominian spy who learned about Zamorak buying the staff to bring down his master Zaros, and she told Zaros about it. Yet Another ghost rider is named Dhalak, he is a mage and Lenissa's boss. Viggora was the only mortal to be placed in direct command of Zamorak, he was also a rogue and Zamoraks favourite mortal. Zamorak succeeded in buying the staff of Armadyl and succeeded in killing Zaros, but as Zaros' last act, he cursed everyone that had a part in helping Zamorak, so that is why these Ghost Riders are the way they are now. These ghost riders apparently move around so they can be in different places for different people, but for some reason I hear Viggora dosnt like to change his position. When Zamorak attacked Zaros, he only had an army so after he finished off Zaros, many of the other gods killed Zamorak, but because of Zaros' curse, Zamorak came back immortal and thus claimed himself a new god.

Ancesters of Eblis

Ancient Race

Colors: Purple

Symbol: Ancient Staff

These ancient warriors were buried with these Ancient Staffs when they ceased to live. They followed Azzandra

The Draugen:

Undead Sea Spirit

Symbol: Hunter Talisman

He is the agony of the fremmenik sea men... he is constantly hunted and killed, yet he keeps coming back...

Kendal:

Bear God

Colors: Brown

Symbol: Bear Head

The bear god of trollheim. He resides in the mountains of trollheim, a god of the mountain fremmenik tribe, he has a human impersonating him and kills people

Entrana Firebird:

Hot Little Bird

Colors: Red

Symbol: Firebird feather

A hot little bird that is actually very weak but its feathers seem to be very rare and you need to have ice gloves in order to pick them up. He is very protected in a holy land of the good god Saradomin

Desert Phoenix:

Another Hot Little Bird

Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow

Symbol: Desert Phoenix Feather

Another hot little bird that cant be fought and its feathers were used by the ancient citizens of Uzer with black mushroom ink to make quill pens. These are very rare and hard to find now, but one can be spotted north of the ruins of Uzer near water.

Ice Queen:

Icy Royal Leader

Colors: Transparent Blue

Symbol: Ice Gloves

This queen is guarded by an icy maze underneath the White Wolf Mountain. In this maze, there are many icy foes like Ice Giants and Ice Guards. Once you kill this queen, you get her ice gloves, these gloves allow you to pick up very hot items.

Thammaron Of Uzer:

History: Thammaron

Thammaron was a demon Mahjarrat who sided with Zamorak when he rebelled against Zaros. During the god wars, Thammaron held the high-ranking position of Chief-Lieutenant in Zamorak's army. Sometime during the god wars, Zamorak sent Chief-Lieutenant Thammaron to the Kharidian Desert to wipe out the town of Uzer. This attack was successful, earning him respect with the ranks of Zamorak's army. However, Thammaron and his corp were destroyed at Uzer by Azzanadra, Zaros' general. During a quest, players find Thammaron's corpse in underground Uzer.

Ancient Lieutenant of Zamorak

Colors: Magenta and Black

An ancient lieutenant of Zamorak who opened a gateway to another realm in the ancient, now buried city of Uzer. He has been sealed in his throne a long time ago when he was critically wounded, and he died over time. But, before he died he caused so much turmoil that Saradomin himself helped the citizens of Uzer create "Clay Golems" to fight it off. In his realm you can find his throne, with which you can use a chisel and hammer to steal his gems attached to the throne

General Khazard:

Undead Minion of Zamorak

Colors: Red and Dark Grey

Symbol:Khazard Armor

He has a major army of humans, he entertains them by forcing people to fight his pets, like his "puppy" Bouncer, and he has waged war on the gnomes. He apparently is a skeleton, but he eventually gets defeated by a brave human.

Rashiliyia

Queen of the Undead

Colors: Light Green

Symbol: Locating Crystal

She was a human once, but zamorak tricked her into becoming the queen of the dead by telling her he would bring back her dead kid, but when he did he brought him back undead. She is furious at zamorak and casts plagues of undeath upon shilo village, seeking revenge. She has some symbolicness with the temple of Ah Za Rhoon. Ah Za Rhoon is from an ancient language, translated it meens "Magnificence Floating On Water", but the temple was built on land between two large lakes. A priest had built the temple, his name is Zadmius, and it is believed that Rashiliyia had caused the temple to collapse. It is thought that now the temple is as far down as twenty men deep. Rashiliyia liked Zadmius, but Zadmius didnt like her back and that made Rashiliyia angry at him. When the temple was crushed, so was Zadmius. So Zadmius was never given a proper burial, you must bury Zadmius in a holy place and when you do you get a bone shard. You also need to bury Rashiliyia's remains and when you do she comes and thanks you. Rashiliyia liked objects of beauty, her tomb has gems on them that glow when near each other.

Filliman Tarlock:

Druid Ghost

Colors: Green

Symbol: Blessed Silver Sickle

Recently deceased in Morytania, and it takes you to hold a mirror to his face before he accepts that he is dead. With the help of an adventurer he achieves true form into a nature spirit. He can bless silver sickles for you and in his home (a grotto) you can find a druid pouch which is used for killing ghasts and setting their souls free

Dramen Spirit:

Tree Guardian Spirit

Symbol: Dramen Staff

This spirit guards the mythical dramen tree, which branches can be used to enter the realm of Zanaris, which is also known as the Lost City

The Barrows Brothers

Holy Fighters Against Evil

Colors: Black, Whitish Yellow

Symbol: Crumbling Tomb (A Book)

During the god wars there were six brothers who all fought against evil. They were awed by and feared by many. No one knows anything about where they came from but they first appeared when evils were destroying civilizations. The elder of the six, was the one who struck the first blow against evil, he threw very powerful magic straight through the legions of evil, which left a hole so four of his other brothers could charge in and attack melee. The sixth brother was barely ever seen but it was known that when one of the other brothers was in a tight jam, a barrage of bolts would come flying in and help out. The battle was so savage that the people of this particular city had to wait for the dust to settle, in order to see their saviours, and when the battle was over, the many legions of evil were all fallen beneath their feet. For many, many years on, these brothers fought in the god wars in the aid of good, they just would jump into battle not fearing for themselves but for the innocent bystanders of these villages being attacked by evil. Soon enough they became legends in everyone's eyes, good or otherwise, and because of this a spoooky dark figure came, the first time he was noticed he was standing around the many dead bodies of evil and most people mistook him for a scavenger but when he headed straight for the brothers, people thought he may have been a seventh brother, who was even less seen then the ranger. When the brothers noticed him heading straight for them they instantly grabbed their weapons and readied theirselves for battle, many people later stated that was the first time the brothers ever seemed unsure of what to do. But the dark figure just sized them up and walked away. In many battles later the dark figure appeared, watching from the sidelines, but what made people worry was that the dark figure distracted the brothers and they couldn't fight as well as they did before and they would even actually sometimes recieved very serious injuries. It was when the brothers were far deep in the territory off the enemy when the dark figure fought back, apparently he had enough of his followers killed and he wanted revenge. He started his attack at the last light of the sun set and great monstrosities swept through the camps killing all in their way. The brothers started battling and they stood back to back fighting. and they faught hard and long until sun rise which then the enemy ran, they ran faster then anyone could ever follow. When the soldiers started rebuilding their camps the brothers collapsed, they were still breathing but they were muttering in a foreign tongue that no one could understand. Their injuries were swollen and infected and none of the doctors had a clue how to save them, they had never come to face such infections before. So they did what they could and everyone just knew that the brothers would get better, but the day soon ended and the suns last rays were glaring, and then all hope was lost. All six brothers sighed one last breath together, and died. Then the villagers noticed the dark figure was back just outside the camp. The camp, later that night, was surrounded by the monstrosities once more but didnt attack just laughed and baited the villagers to come and meet them. Then at the break of dawn the monstrosities fled again, leaving the soldiers tired from a restless, fearful night. The commanders then decided that they could advance into the enemy territory no more. As was the custom of the time, out of honor and respect for mighty fallen brothers, they constructed six barrows for the brothers. It was a crypt for each brother covered in a small hill of earth that would hold their remains undisterbed by predators. This construction took many days and at nightfall the enemies would return and they would have to retreat back into their camps, but each day they would always go back to work, because this was the least they could do to repay the brothers for what the brothers have done for them when they finally finished their work, they gave a little ceremony and quickly fled the enemy lands. As they were leaving they turned to look once more at the graves and saw the dark figure watching them from the central barrow,he was just standing there with his arms outstretched to the sky. Not much of the original army made it home, most died on the journey, but there were tales of an unnatural glow on the horizon of where the brothers were buried. There are still today, tales of strange sights and sounds that have been noticed nearby the hills of earth. The brothers were named as followed: the mage and the eldest brother was Ahrim the Blighted, the four warrious were Dharok the Wretched, Guthan the Infested, Torag the Corrupted, and Verac the Defiled, the ranger and seldom seem brother was Karil the Tainted. I myself, think these are very odd names for people who fought evil but that is probably just me lol, and i heard that they have these funny names because they are dead Warrior ghost that's rests were disturbed.

Treas Dayth

Vampire Spirit Guardian

He was Zamorak's mage in charge of defending a ridge along time ago. He failed and fell into an incursion by Saradominians at the time, who then made it into the mines of Morytania and was able to grab a shard of the sacred Salve Crystals. And that made Zamorak furious with his mage, so he condemned Treas' soul into turmoil in the mines. Now his soul is bound the crystals forevermore. A Salve Crystal is an ancient crystal which is blessed by Saradomin, and with the Salve Crystal you can make a Salve Amulet which is good when used with the undead. Treas Dayth also protects the innocent looking key, which, once you defeat the him, into be the key to the salve crystals.

Tumeken

History: Tumeken

Tumeken is the husband of Elidinis and father of Amscut and Icthlarin. He is the head of the Menaphite Pantheon but has not been significantly involved in any quests. However in the Pyramid Plunder Mini Game he is revealed to be the God of the Sun. He apparently also picked his 'sons' to rule over the desert towns, stateing that Tumeken and Elindis have more children then just Icthlarin and Amascut. It was said by a Jagex Mod that the statues around Al-Khard of a snake headed man and a hawk headed man are Tumekens other sons.

Tumeken:

Chief God of the Menaphites

Colors: Gold, Purple

Not Much is known about this god, but that he is worshipped by the Menaphites and his wife is Elindis, and he has two children by the names of Itchlarin and Amascut.

Elindis:

Goddess of Fertility and the River for the Menaphites

Not Much is known about this god, but that she is worshipped by the Menaphites and her husband is Tumeken, and she has two children by the names of Amascut and Itchlarin.

Koscheii the Deathless:

Mysteriously Immortal Being

Koscheii was found by the fremmenik in the ice cold waters of the north. He doesn't remember anything of his past, but he is incredibly strong and resistant, and he is difficult to kill if he even is able to kill, because he just keeps coming back even stronger.

Delrith

Demon of destruction

He is a zamorakien demon who destroyed varrock during the god wars. He was very powerfull, but was defeated by the Holy Silverlight. He was resummoned recently by zamorak mages, but was defeated again by the same blade, before he could regain his powers.

Nezikchened

Demon of corruption

A black demon who serves zamorak, his mission is to corrupt the holy karanzi jungle... He already has corrupted the tribe shaman , and the holy pool, but was defeated but some brave heros.

Arzinian

Magical Guardian of evil

A ancient zaros avatar, He was trapped in the Rellekan mountains inside a magically sealed rock. He is waiting in his lair, Which contains many many gold, which seems to have a huge zaros symbol painted on it.

Scorpius

Ghost of chaos

He is a ghost servant of zamorak, found south of ardougne. Not much is known about him...

Lesarkus

Fire guardian

He protects the temple of ikov. He can only be defeated by ice arrows.

Salarin the Twisted

Sinister Guardian

A guardian of zamorak's dark herbs, he is only vulnerable to strike spells.

King Black Dragon

Evil dark three headed dragon

A strong dragon which is empowered by zamorak.

Kalphites

Bugs of evil

Kalphites are evil but have a well structurized society. They are minions of zaros.

Elvarg

Mad Dragon

A Legendary green dragon who has gone mad by zamorak, but a brave human defeats her

Lord Drakken

Vampire Lord

He controls all of morytania, and he is very evil. He is very mad at humans, since they trapped his brother, draynor, into misthalin and was slayed.

Zemouregal

Zemouregal was a Mahjarrat who sought the Shield of Arrav, hoping to use its powers to protect himself from other Mahjarrat so that he could rule them. To obtain it he attacked Avarrocka (now Varrock) with a large force of undead. Arrav attempted to personally deal with Zemouregal but even with the shield he found the Mahjarrat's strength overpowering. Seeing the state of his town, Arrav realized that the only way to stop the undead army was to throw the shield into their ranks. He threw the shield into the center of town and the undead army quickly collapsed. However, in doing so he left himself vulnerable to a magical attack by Zemouregal, who then finished him.

It is implied in one of the wallpapers released by Jagex that Zemouregal was the necromancer who attacked Varrock in the Fifth Age, employing an undead Arrav as a general. The necromancer depicted in that image resembles the description of Zemouregal ("A skull with burning sockets") and the figure in the right of the image wears the armor and sword that Arrav is using in the image in the Legend of Arrav IV. This assault was more easily repelled because humans had access to magic by then

Colors: None that I no of

Draynor

The Vampire of Draynor

Brother of drakken, he owns a large mansion in misthallin, but he got slayed.

Zemouregal

Unknown

A Mahjarrat from Freneskae, Which nothing is known about. Zamorak is also a Mahjarrat

Juna

Guardian of the Tears of guthix

This serpent guardian guards the mystical tears of guthix, who contain vast magical power.

Elidinis

Elidnis is the RuneScape goddess associated with growth and fertility. She is said to have created the River Elid. From this river the town Nardah arose. Elidnis is symbolised by water. She has control over Water Spirits which have the duty of protecting the River Elid and Nardah. These Water Spirits dwell in a cave at the northern end of the river.

Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan

Lord Drakan is the Vampyre ruler of the modern-day Morytania. Thousands of years ago he entered Gielinor as one of the Mahjarrat. He sided with Zamorak when Zamorak rebeled against Zaros. During the god wars, Lord Drakan led a Zamorakian Army of Werewolves and Vampyres, but was trapped in Morytania when Saradominist priests blessed the river Salve so the evils of Morytania could not enter the human lands. Realizing this, Drakan conquered and enslaved the people of Morytania, turning it into a dark and evil land, and turning the town of Hallowvalle into Meiyerditch, his capitol. Lord Drakan is the brother of Count Draynor.

Akthanakos

Akthanakos is a Mahjarrat depicted as a man with a camel's head. Like Azzanadra, he remained loyal to Zaros during Zamorak's coup. He was imprisoned by Enakhra, a powerful sorceress and early Zamorakian follower. Akthanakos is the namesake of the aggressive ugthanki camels that inhabit the desert between Al Kharid and Pollnivneach, and possibly the reason for their outwardly hostile nature as well.

Hazeel

Hazeel is a mighty mahjarrat war lord. Hazeel overthrew the developing city of Ardougne early in the fourth age. The anscestors of the Carnillean family slew the warlord, and took his mansion and property as their own. Anticipating death, Hazeel created a scroll with the power to resurect himself and stashed it away inside his mansion. In the 'Hazeel Cult' quest, you can either help resurect or postpone the resurection of Hazeel. Now reborn (even if it wasn't because of your help), Hazeel is traveling northwards to meet his fellow Mahjarrat and plan for the second god war. Hazeel slew many of Zaros's guards during Zamorak's battle with the Empty Lord.

Azzandra

A Mahjarrat, he remained loyal to Zaros throughout Zamoraks rebellion and fought against Zamoraks men. In the God Wars he was thought to be invincible so he was sealed into a pyramid out in the desert using four crystals which were stolen by four of Zamorak's servants. In the 'Desert Treasure' quest you must collect the crystals and free Azzandra who resembles a ghost wearing brown armor and a helmet in the shape of a Jackal head. He in turn teaches you Ancient Magicks. He, along with the other primary Mahjarrat, returned to "The North" after the hero releases him.

Colors: Red, Brown

Scabaras

The god of Scarabs, Scarabas was created by Tumekan during a nightmare. According to the recent makeover of the Varrock Museum, Scarabas created the Kalphites. He is mentioned during the quest "Contact!".

Followers: Scarab Mages and Locust Riders under Sophanem, and possibly the Kalphites and Menaphos

There are still many gods left to be discovered and many temples left to be found, like this one found near the fishing guild, underground, it has the symbol of Saradomin or Armadyl in it, yet it has been decorated with some evil looking torches and perhaps a sacrifice has taken place in the center[/hide]

[hide=God Letters]Can be found at http://www.runescape.com/varrock/letter ... dex_new.ws[/hide]

[hide=Player Made God Guides]insertmynamehere

Two people you should add however, to lesser known section.

1. The Slug Queen AKA Mother Mallum. She was the queen of the sea slugs, who could infect people and make them her followers. She was killed, but her son, the Slug Prince, attempted to ressurect her. He succeded, and the entire town of Witchaven was infected. You were almost killed trying to stop Mother Mallum, but Savant teleports you safely away.

2. Sir Tiffy Cashien. He's the leader of the Temple Knights (just noticed referance... Knights Templar, anyone?) which is also in control of the White Knights, the defense and lawmakers of Falador until the King returns. Sir Tiffy Cashien is very unkown so far, but more is promised to follow by Jagex, as the Proselyte status given to you after the Witchaven affair, is very low.

[/hide]

SIRSIG.gif

Lol, they banned kids from having an imagination

I LOVE THIS GUY HE IS SO COOL AND AWESOME AT EVERYTHING LIKE SIGS AVVYS AND BANNERS!!

Under.gif

THE ORIGNIAL

Quote for the record

[hide=THE GUIDE][hide=Quote]

Here Is My Guide To The Gods Of Runescape

UPDATED

We now have quotes up

Post Please

Pics up soon it is so hard to find them my computer lost them

This guide is long read only parts you want to or the whole guide.

Table of Contents

-Three main Gods [TMG]

-The Other Gods [TOG]

-Unknown to Most [uTM]

Words: more than 10000

[hide= Three main gods]

The three main gods of the game of runescape represent three simple ideas in the game: order (Saradomin), chaos (Zamorak), and balance (Guthix). Nature and balance is represented by the god Guthix. Saradomin represents wisdom, peace, and order. Zamorak signifies chaos and bloodshed in RuneScape. These three main gods have player obtainable decorative armor. This armor offers the same bonuses as runite armor, and is used to show the wealth of one player, for these armors are very expensive.

Jagex provided a program to RuneScape players that allowed them to view imaginary letters from the three main gods of the game. The program was called God Letters, lasting from September 24 2002 to December 9 2004. See God Letters.

The gods do not directly interact with the players of runescape. Their main contributions to the plot involve legends, myths, and traditions.

History: Saradomin

Saradomin is the god of all things good, wisdom, peace, order, and pleasantry. Saradomin was one of the two main participants in the God Wars after Guthix departed. and he himself is usually visually represented as an older looking man with a bald head and a beard with long hair in the back. (below)

Altars to his skill can be found in various places across the RuneScape world. Saradomin monks have set up altars of worship to him, the largest being the Monastery/Prayer Guild and a church on the island Entrana. Entrana is the place where Saradomin first arrived on Gielinor. It is entirely dedicated to him to such a high degree that players are not allowed weapons or armour there, for these are considered by Saradomin to be Zamorak's implements of death. Less is known about Saradomin's place of origin. He seems to have come from a dimension other then Gielinor or Freneskae. An elite group of soldiers known as the Temple Knights were given the task of protecting the holy house of worship on Entrana.

Despite Guthix's ban on the gods interfering in the runescape realm, they will still offer their followers help in the form of prayers. As Saradomin dislikes undue violence, he appreciates it when one gives an enemy a honourable burial. The prayer skill can thus be interpreted to gaining the favor of the gods. Despite this, it is said by Necrovarus, the ghost priest in charge of the ectofuntus, a way of training the prayer skill, that the ectofuntus generates unholy units of power.

In Saradomin's old letters, he usually talks with the same fully modern British English as the authors of the game, but from time to time he will lapse into an older English.

However, many recent actions by or on the part of Saradomin have cast him in a dubious light. For example:

In the 'Gods Letters' section of the runescape Site, Saradomin claims to have created runescape. This is a known lie, as it has been confirmed that Guthix created runescape. However, Saradomin did help make runescape into what it is today, while Guthix only created the world but did not shape it to its current form. Check out the God letters section of this guide for the letters that state that he created runescape.

An advisor to King Roald in Varrock acts as a Saradominist lobbyist, pressuring the king into making favourable decisions and making sure no other denominations have representatives.

Saradomin: God of pleasantry, order and wisdom. The second invader of Gielinor (the planet of Runescape). Protects peace and can bestow special powers to those who pray to him. Most Runescape NPCs are followers of Saradomin.

Symbol: 4-pointed star

Colors: blue, white, yellow

Special Items: Saradomin full helm, Saradomin platebody, Saradomin platelegs, Saradomin kiteshield, Saradomin staff, Monk's robe (top), Monk's robe (bottom), H.A.M. Robes (top), H.A.M. Robes (bottom), H.A.M. cape, H.A.M. boots, H.A.M. gloves, H.A.M. logo, Saradomin cape, Saradomin staff, Holy symbol, Holy book.

Places of Worship: Monastery, Ardougne church, Varrock church (northeast), Port Sarim church, Lumbrige church, Seers church, cave through the Well of Voyage, Entrana (where he first arrived to this world).

Motto: Strength though Wisdom

Followers: Monks, Abbott langley, H.A.M. Followers, Saradomin Mage, Elissa, Paladins, White Knights, Observatory Professor, Warrior Women, the Myrque, King Lathas and his followers the knights of Ardoughne, Felinoel, Phoenix Gang members, Ancient Citizens of Uzer, Zealot, Kent, most Runescape citizens.

Nickname: Sara

Guthix

History: Guthix

Guthix is known as the god of balance and nature. This does not always mean it strives for peace. Guthix is neither male nor female. Considered neither good nor evil, Guthix does both when it needs to balance out the actions of Saradomin and Zamorak when either of them tips the scale too far in their own favor. It strives for a world of perfect balance, which is apparently hard to comprehend. Guthix is immensely powerful, more so than any of the other gods.

Guthix arrived on Gielinor (the name it gave to RuneScape) to find it barren and lifeless. It reshaped the world and went into a deep "sleep", or as it is described in one of its god letters, a state of meditation so intense it could not concentrate on anything else. In its sleep about 20 other deities entered Gielinor. Zaros's fall happened during its sleep, so it has no knowledge of him. Also, the God Wars had occurred between the deities, and Saradomin and Zamorak usurped, and did quite a bit of damage to the world Guthix created, mainly resulting in the creation of what players know as the Wilderness. They would have continued to battle and completely obliterated Gielinor had Guthix not reawakened. While Guthix claims that it single-handedly stopped the god wars, it is worth being noted that the Elves claim that the war was stopped when "the gods realised that they would destroy the very thing they were fighting for." Whether Guthix made them realise this, or that either version of events is a downright lie, remains to be seen. After this Guthix hid underground for many years and cried until the rocks themselves wept with it thus creating the mini-game tears of Guthix, and ordering Juna, a serpent, to guard them. It has also made the other gods not interfere directly with worldly affairs. This is sometimes breached, however it is usually too trifling for Guthix to stage a full on confrontation over it, and consequently wreck the balance. After completing the "Tail of Two Cats" quest, Bob the Jagex Cat will tell you that Guthix is responsible for bringing the first creature to Gielinor, the sheep, and then bringing the second creature, the cat. Guthix shows a knowledge of science when it described the formula for water (H2O).

Guthix is seen as a floating skull with tendrils attached to it in the God Letters, but it is a shape shifter. It has been seen as a multicoloured butterfly and a rock-like object. Its true form is impossible to comprehend by mortals, and it has said its true name is impossible to pronounce with vocal cords. Its followers are limited but include the druids, gnomes, the Void Knights, and players who choose its path. The dwarves, though not particularly religious, are indeed Guthixian, should one ask them about it. The unique trait about Guthix is that unlike Zamorak and Saradomin, it does not need followers to remain on the mortal realm but instead draws strength from the planet itself and the movement of the universe, showing why it does not demand worship from those who follow its ways.

In the God Letters, the language used in response to letters directed toward Guthix speak in a dialect of Early Modern English with slight changes to allow readability.

Guthix: God of balance and nature. Neither good nor evil, he does what we could call both good and bad in his duties to preserve the balance. He was around many millennia before the other gods, and came to Gielenor before anything inhabited it. Some say he was the creator of Gielinor. He established a natural order, and when it was peaceful, he slept.... for a couple millennia. When he awoke, Saradomin and Zamorak were present and warring (others say other gods were present and warring as well), and they were causing much imbalance and destruction to the world. Guthix intervened and Zamorak, Saradomin, and Guthix swore not to interfere directly with the world of Gielinor anymore.

Symbol: vertical squiggly line

Colors: white, green, cyan

Special Items: Guthix full helm, Guthix platebody, Guthix platelegs, Guthix kiteshield, Guthix staff, Druids robe (top), Druids robe (bottom), Guthix cape, Silver sickle (the weapon and symbol of HIS druids), Book of balance

Place of Worship: Taverley Druid circle, Seer's Village church

Followers: Taverley Druids, Seers, Gnomes, Varrock Gypsy , Dwarfs

Motto: Balance is Power

Nickname: Guthix

History: Zamorak

Zamorak is the lord of chaos, evil, destruction, and darkness. He is generally an unpleasant deity.

Zamorak was the second main participant in the God Wars. Though he did not shape the world as Saradomin did, Zamorak had corrupted many parts of the would-be orderly world Saradomin envisioned with taints of "evil", especially in human nature and such.

Zamorak is portrayed as a godly figure of power and destruction. Zamorak commands the various types of demon and dragon, and has the ability to summon undead creatures, or as its called, necromancy, as well as controlling many of the creatures associated with evil, such as werewolves, shades, and all of the vampires. Other followers of Zamorak include Zamorak mages, dark wizards, necromancers, black knights, the entire city of Khazard, and players who choose to follow Zamorak. In previous ages the Zamorakians, hated and feared by Saradominists, were driven out of main cities.

Though not as common as altars to Saradomin, chaos altars are still a relatively common sight in the RuneScape world. Although most of society disapproves of them, Zamorakians have a number of secret societies such as the Zamorakian Magical Institute and the Hazeel Cult. Zamorak's territory is mainly in the former battlefields of the God Wars now known as the Wilderness. Zamorak also controls the lands to the east of the river Salve, known as Morytania, but he has met with far more resistance here than in the wilderness.

Zamorak's main source of entertainment is death. He does not usually care who it is who dies, with exceptions being someone he knows personally, such as Lord Drakan or Hazeel.

Zamorak: God of chaos, war, and destruction. Zamorak is a god of evil allignment. One of the invaders of Guthix's world of Geilinor (Runescape). Saradomin's current rival, he does evil deeds and controls most of the evil-doers of Runescape... he can also taint those who are "impure" with sin to drive them crazy and make them evil. Follows of Zamorak are considered dangerous, like a cult, and are usually shunned by many in the Runescape society. It was not always this way, but his followers, the dark wizards, did burn the first Wizard Tower and end the Golden Age. For the information on the rise of Zamorak with the downfall of Zaros, please read about the information below about the Ghostly Riders

Symbol: 3 on its side | m

Colors: red, black

Special Items: Zamorak full helm, Zamorak platebody, Zamorak platelegs, Zamorak kiteshield, black full helm, black platebody, black platelegs, black kiteshield, and all other black armor, Zamorak staff, Zamorak robe (top), Zamorak robe (bottom), Zamorak cape, Zamorak staff, Unholy symbol, Unholy book.

Places of Worship: Chaos altars in Wilderness, Varrock altar southeast of Aubury's Rune Shop, Chaos altar north of Doric, Agility dungeon and Underground Pass

Followers: Chaos druids, Chaos dwarf, Chaos druid warriors, Prince Anlaf of Burthrope and his followers the Imperial Guard, Zamorak mages, Zamorak Monks, Dark wizards, Necromancers, demons, vampires, werewolves, Black Knights, Mahjarrat, Hazeel, Iban, Black Arm Gang members, and Chaos Druids

Nickname: Zammy

Motto: Strength through Chaos[/hide]

[hide=The Other gods]These gods still exist in the world of RuneScape, but are not as popular as the 3 main gods. They have little or no active followers, no god letters, but maybe some holy objects dedicated to them. Jagex have on occasion hinted at there being 20 or more gods, demigods and immortals, but rarely are they forthcoming with information.

History: Zaros

Zaros, also known as the Empty Lord, is a former major deity. Despite a common belief among players that he is an evil deit yand the fact that he came into direct conflict with, Jagex has stated that he is not necessarily evil, and his alignment has not been revealed as of yet. As Zaros came long before Guthix entered Gielinor, Zaros was the most powerful deity known at the time and threatened to take total control of Gielinor. To prevent this from occurring, the other gods allied against him. Around the same time that the other gods allied against Zaros, some of his supposed Mahjarrat allies, led by Zamorak, attempted to overthrow Zaros, while other Mahjarrat, primarily remained allied with him. A mortal follower of Saradomin aided Zamorak by giving him the Staff of Armadyl, a powerful, magical weapon, in the hope that Zaros would be defeated with it.

As a result of the battle, Zaros was trapped in another dimension while Zamorak used Zaros' power to replace him as a god. No quests have yet revealed whether Zaros is alive or dead, but Jagex has suggested through certain quests that he may eventually return.

Zaros: A god of chaotic allignment with both good and evil tendencies. He was worshipped mainly in the Second Age. Some say that Zaros is the second god that appeared in Gielinor. He was soon forgotten, as one of his demonic mortal disciples, Zamorak, betrayed him and waged war against him with the help of the others. The ancient Saradominian priests covered up the existence of Zaros due to one of Saradomin's mages helping in Zaros' defeat. And one of the old priests is still around and still says there is no such thing as Zaros, he is now known as the Wise Old Man. Zaros' ancient kingdom was mostly in the deserts of Al-Kharid, where some of the populace still believe in him. He is not like Zamorak, He is said to have been a "good" evil, because he is not as full of tricks and treachery as Zamorak. During the Second Age, Zaros' followers had a magnificent and highly magical empire in northeast Geilinor. It is suspected that he was the best god of magic, since his followers had access to such forces three ages before the official discovery of the Rune Essence, but this cannot yet be confirmed. His champion, and possibly half-mortal son, was Azzanadra. During the Third Age the empire was utterly destroyed by Saradomin and Zamorak, who feared and envied Zaros' power. Some remains can be found but most were buried deep beneath the earth. If you wish to take a historical journey, you may visit such places as the Edgeville Dungeon, the Digsite, the ruins in the Wilderness, and even the Wilderness Agility Course.

Symbol: A large circle with a cross in the middle

Colors: Sandy whitish yellow, Purple.

Special Items: Talisman of Zaros

Places of Worship: Most temples of Zaros are either unknown, destroyed, or buried, there is a temple underneath the Digsite and perhaps others

Followers: Lucien, Desert Bandits, Azzanadra

Armadyl: A good god, though he differs on a few points with Saradomin. He's not very widely worshipped but he is in good health. Armadyl seems to take a more passive approach to maintaining order and virtue than Saradomin.

Symbol: Similar to Saradomin's Symbol

Colors: white, cyan

Special Items: Staff of armadyl, Pendant of armadyl,

Places of Worship: Temple of Ikov. The Digsite and perhaps others.

Followers: Armadyl Guardians, Larissa, possibly other Fremenniks

History: Icthlarin

Icthlarin is the god of the dead. He watches over the souls of the deceased by ensuring their arrival at the underworld and by protecting their tombs from desecration. This god appears to be half human, Half jackal. He is the sibling and eternal rival of Asmacut.

Icthlarin: Menaphite god of the dead. He is generally concerned with making sure proper burial rites are given, souls reach the underworld, and tombs are not desecrated. He really loves cats and for some reason his head is a dog's head, why Jagex has a dog headed cat lover, I'm not sure, maybe they are just playing with our minds.

Symbol: Ankh O+ and Menaphite Holy Symbol

Special Items: Catspeak Amulet.

Places of Worship: Sophanem

Followers: People of Sophanem.

History: Amscut

Amscut is the goddess of destruction, also known as The Devourer. Her main goal is to devour the souls of the living and the dead. Amscut is seen in the game during a quest, in which she controls the player to steal a burial jar.

Amascut: Menaphite goddess of destruction and pain, also known as 'the Devourer'. Not truly evil, but she does whatever is needed to destroy. She fears cats. She is a nasty goddess aligned with zamorak, using adventurers to cause turmoil in Sophanem to anger Icthlarin. She can possess people and create plagues.

Symbol: Upside-down Ankh Labeled as "Unholy Symbol"

Colors: Orange, Brown, Red

Special Items: None in particular.

Places of Worship: None so far.

Followers: Menaphite Thugs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

History: Iban

In RuneScape, Iban plays the role of a very powerful and ambitious Black Knight. He is known as the "Son of Zamorak". He was first introduced in the Underground Pass Quest. He was known to be a very powerful and merciless ruler. This brings in the Iban Staff, known as one of the most powerful staves in RuneScape. Players must defeat him during a quest by collecting different parts of his life and destroying them by throwing them in the Well of Life. Despite his being referred to as the "Son of Zamorak", Iban is not literally his son.

Iban: The son of Zamorak. Iban was a Black Knight, who had learned to fight from Daquarius, Lord of the Black Knights. Together they had destroyed the might of the White Knights and Iban alone killed no less then one hundred soldiers. Iban himself was a well-educated nobleman who liked the fine things in life, but he always had a taste for more, nothing he ever recieved was enough. This hunger for more went far past the realm of mere mortals, into the shadowy places of darkness and evil. His ambition was godlike in its insatiability, and that was the cause of his darkness, he didn't just want people to salute him and pledge their forever allegiance, he wanted a whole legion of soulless followers, followers without free will or thought. He planned for this army to have their minds demented from the sheer power of his darkness radiating through them, and to become zombies, no emoton, feelings, or even a care. They would be servants to their evil master until their deaths. But this was a dream Iban could never achieve as a mere mortal. Iban was eventually killed by the White Knights with the foul taste of failure in his mouth he mournfully died. But little did he know that wasn't the end of his tale. A witch, named Kardia, loved the tale of Iban up until his death and she vowed to use her evil powers to find a way to bring him back so he could fulfill his dream to become a master of the undead. She found out that with a doll that has been smeared with the four elements (flesh, blood, shadow, conscience) that bring existence into being, could bring him back, so she went to the battlefield where Iban was slayed and stole a bit of his flesh. She then smeared it all over her doll of Iban while chanting his name. Next required was blood, but because Iban was killed long ago all his blood was gone, luckily she saw a giant blood sucking spider and took the chance the he had drank up some of iban and she slayed the spider and smeared the spider's blood on the doll. Next up was probably her hardest challenge, to recreate the intangible essense of life itself, its shadow. The only way to do this would be to perform an ancient ritual of Incantia, this ritual was so dark and powerful that her life was almost drawn from her, it was so close that she became unconscience. When she awoken she saw three demons were summoned, and they were standing in a triangle around the doll of Iban, they had their energy focused on Iban and they had become the Guardians of Iban's shadow, they were to be forever bound to iban. Now onto Iban's conscience, the one element that seperates man from all other beasts. All Iban's life he chose to take the path of evil, driven by this unholy ambition, his power grew, and now she could harness the residue of his existence, that had remained trapped in the dark places, to the fullest. She then locked a dove in an old wooden cage and left it for awhile. The dove, a symbol of peace, freedom, and hope, but it is also oblivious to the darkness of the world, just like a newborn child. The witch carefully pulled the white dove out of the cage, cradled it, and looked into the birds eyes softly, and them strangled the bird without warning. This bird would be the perfect conscience for Iban because it was innocence, corrupted by evil, she took some crushed bones from the birds body and smeared it too onto the doll of Iban. Thus almost completing the ritual, soon Iban would come again renewed with life. And so he did, Kardia had resurrected the most powerful evil to ever take the form of a human. And the process alone that was used to resurrect him, could also destroy him so she told no one. After being resurrected, Iban then took over a trade cavern near Ardougne and turned it into a portal of the damned. It is now called the Underground Pass, and is fabled to turn anyone into one of Iban's soulless followers if you linger in it too long. In the Underground Passage quest, you must destroy Iban using the same doll and the same spell. You must first collect the Shadow of Iban and you do this by killing the Demon Guardians called Othanian, Holthion, and Doomion. When each one dies they drop an Amulet. You then place all three amulets on top of a nearby chest and it opens revealing the Shadow of Iban. Ibans flesh is next up to get and you can find his tomb quite nearby. There is a headstone next to it, with some writing next to it. And when you try to open the tomb to get Ibans flesh, a spooky arm-like object hurts you, so why not just set the whole tomb ablaze! Now you can find his ashes and go on your merry way. To get Iban's blood you must find the giant spider that is surrounded by small spiders and blessed spiders of Iban. This giant spider is named Kalrag. After defeating this spider you find Iban's blood (how lucky!). Now onto Iban's conscience, as you have read earlier Iban's conscience was created from a dove, but by now the dove is all rotted, but it is still used because it is neccesary. Now all that is needed to do is to face Iban head on and destroy the doll. Iban lives in a spooky little house on the second floor of the Underground Passage. And that is that Iban gets defeated once more, although it is rumored that he is still alive.

Symbol: Simmiliar to Zamorak

Special Items: Staff of iban

Place of Worship: Underground Pass (His throne is there and people call it Iban's Temple and it houses the Well of Voyage), chaos altars in wilderness.

Followers: Iban disciples, Soulless, Chaos druids, Chaos dwarf, Chaos druid warriors, Zamorak mages, Zamorak Monks, Dark wizards, Necromancers.

History: Lucien

Lucien is a Mahjarrat and the only major Zamorak follower not to join in the attack of Zaros's castle. His alliances and loyalties are questionable, but it seems likely that he is loyal to Zamorak. He was rumoured to be Zaros in disguise, but these rumours were dispelled by a Jagex member. He wants the Staff of Armadyl for reasons unknown. He is a brilliant mage and necromancer, but is quite weak physically, as he is level 14 and wields an iron dagger. You can either help him attain the Staff of Armadyl or slay him in the 'Temple of Ikov' quest, though even if you succeed in the latter, he will not "die", and will be brought back from Frenskae.

Lucien: Rumoured to be a human manifestation of Zaros, but a Council member has stated that the two are completely unaffiliated. He was a mysterious stranger wandering around Ardougne, trying to find the entrance to the fabled Temple of Ikov. In the Temple of Ikov quest, he gives you his pendant, granting you acess to the Chamber of Fear. During the quest you can switch to follow Armadyl and destroy Lucien, or steal the Staff of armadyl and hand it over to Lucien.

Symbol: Yellow Triangle with Three Blue Circles

Special Items: Pendant of Lucien

Places of Worship: none

Followers: none

Hazeel: Mahjarrat follower of Zamorak. Many years ago he was killed and his estate claimed by an ancestor of Ceril Carnillean. In the Hazeel Cult quest you have a choice to revive him.

Symbols: Upside Down Gold Symbol of Zamorak

Colors: Yellow

Special Items: Mark of Hazeel

Places of Worship: underground in Ardougne sewers

Followers: Hazeel Cult members including Alomone, Butler Jones, and Clivet

Azzanadra: Jackal-headed champion of Zaros. During the God Wars he was found to be unkillable. Azzandra was trapped for thousands of years inside a pyramid by the elements of blood, smoke, shadow, and ice. He was trapped by four creatures, they were Damis (he was a human who stole the diamond of shadow), Dessous (he was a vampire who stole the diamond of blood), Kamil (he was also a human and he stole the diamond of ice), Farred (was a fire demon and he stole the diamond of smoke). In the Desert Treasure quest you must slay the thieves and free Azzanadra.

Symbols: Unsure of any

Colors: brown, his head is maroon.

Special Items: Diamonds of Azzanadra: Smoke, Shadow, Blood and Ice.

Places of Worship: Pyramid south of the bandit town. When you have completed Desert Treasure you can switch between ancient and normal spells led here.

Followers: Desert Bandits, Ancesters of Eblis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/hide]

[hide=Unknown to most]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They aren't the main or well known gods. They might not even be gods. But they should be in this guide.

Sliske

History: Sliske was a Mahjarrat and was mentioned in the June Postbag from the Hedge in a Letter to Azzanadra. We also know he had a Serpent-Tongue which could mean he was a half snake, half mahjarrat. He apparently "delves in the shadows", which means he may have something to do with the "Shadow Realm", an alternate dimension where the spirits of dead individuals lead their new lives.

The Big High War God

The Big High War God is the Goblin God of War. Most of the Goblins in Gielinor follow him, with the exception of the tunnel-dwelling Dorgeshuun tribe, who contrast with most Goblins by being kind, gentle and relatively intelligent. According to the goblins of Goblin Village, he resides in the "Plain of Mud".

Followers: Most of the Goblins in Gielinor follow him, with the exception of the tunnel-dwelling Dorgeshuun tribe

Seren

Seren is the goddess of the elves. It is said in the RuneScape plot that she inspired the elves to build their city (Prifddinas) the way they did so they could communicate, protect themselves and prosper. She is also the original provider of crystal weaponry. She is apparently present within all elf crystal. In addition, she supposedly led the elven race through a 'World Gate', where they discovered Gielinor.

Fossegrimen:

Spirit of the Sea

Colors: Blue

Symbol: Enchanted Lyre

She is a good spirit who offers blessings to those who offer her something...

Sphinx:

Desert God

Colors: Gold, Yellow

Symbol: Sphinx Token

With the head of a human, the body of a lion, and the wings of an eagle this Sphinx, helps out adventurers caught under Amascut's spell. The Sphinx is a good friend of Itchlarin and seems to be a creature with a good nature

Oracle

Wise Albino

Colors: White, Red

One of the Mahjarrat Tribe and a follower of Zamorak. Resides on Ice Mountain and has the powers of clairvoyance and precognizance. Visit the Oracle as part of the Dragon Slayer Quest. His skin is pure white with red some symbols.

History: Marimbo

Marimbo is the god of the apes across the players' world of RuneScape. All of the monkeys of Ape Atoll are his followers. It takes the form of a gorilla and has a statue devoted to him in the temple on Ape Atoll.

It is said by his Monkey followers that he was once the pet of a God. Marimbo one day found a potion belonging to his master and drank it giveing him extreme intelligance. He then left his master and taught the Monkeys and Apes so they could become smarter and almost human. Thanks to him the Monkeys built a town on Ape Atoll named Marim after him.

Marimbo:

Monkey God

Colors: Beige, Brown

Symbol: Monkeyspeak Amulet

He is the monkey deity on the ape atoll, marim. Not much is known about him, but he possibly is evil as he orders the monkeys to build a vast army.

Ghost Riders:

Ghostly Followers

Colors: Transparent Black

Symbols: Ghost Rider Robes

The Ghost Riders are a newly discovered creature in the world of Gielinor, it is not known how long they have been lurking in corners but you can see them when you wear a ghostspeak amulet and a ring of visability. The garments these ghosts wear, once worn by a brave adventurer, will turn the adventurer invisable. Two of these ghost riders were spies of the good Saradomin, hiding out in the troops of the evil Zamorak, now this all started back when Zamorak was mortal. One of the ghost riders is named Rennard, he is the thief who stole the staff of the good Armadyl. Another one is called Kharrin, he was the merchanter of the items Rennard stole. Rennard and Kharrin were both pure Zamorakians. The next ghost rider is called Lenissa, she is a Saradominian spy who learned about Zamorak buying the staff to bring down his master Zaros, and she told Zaros about it. Yet Another ghost rider is named Dhalak, he is a mage and Lenissa's boss. Viggora was the only mortal to be placed in direct command of Zamorak, he was also a rogue and Zamoraks favourite mortal. Zamorak succeeded in buying the staff of Armadyl and succeeded in killing Zaros, but as Zaros' last act, he cursed everyone that had a part in helping Zamorak, so that is why these Ghost Riders are the way they are now. These ghost riders apparently move around so they can be in different places for different people, but for some reason I hear Viggora dosnt like to change his position. When Zamorak attacked Zaros, he only had an army so after he finished off Zaros, many of the other gods killed Zamorak, but because of Zaros' curse, Zamorak came back immortal and thus claimed himself a new god.

Ancesters of Eblis

Ancient Race

Colors: Purple

Symbol: Ancient Staff

These ancient warriors were buried with these Ancient Staffs when they ceased to live. They followed Azzandra

The Draugen:

Undead Sea Spirit

Symbol: Hunter Talisman

He is the agony of the fremmenik sea men... he is constantly hunted and killed, yet he keeps coming back...

Kendal:

Bear God

Colors: Brown

Symbol: Bear Head

The bear god of trollheim. He resides in the mountains of trollheim, a god of the mountain fremmenik tribe, he has a human impersonating him and kills people

Entrana Firebird:

Hot Little Bird

Colors: Red

Symbol: Firebird feather

A hot little bird that is actually very weak but its feathers seem to be very rare and you need to have ice gloves in order to pick them up. He is very protected in a holy land of the good god Saradomin

Desert Phoenix:

Another Hot Little Bird

Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow

Symbol: Desert Phoenix Feather

Another hot little bird that cant be fought and its feathers were used by the ancient citizens of Uzer with black mushroom ink to make quill pens. These are very rare and hard to find now, but one can be spotted north of the ruins of Uzer near water.

Ice Queen:

Icy Royal Leader

Colors: Transparent Blue

Symbol: Ice Gloves

This queen is guarded by an icy maze underneath the White Wolf Mountain. In this maze, there are many icy foes like Ice Giants and Ice Guards. Once you kill this queen, you get her ice gloves, these gloves allow you to pick up very hot items.

Thammaron Of Uzer:

History: Thammaron

Thammaron was a demon Mahjarrat who sided with Zamorak when he rebelled against Zaros. During the god wars, Thammaron held the high-ranking position of Chief-Lieutenant in Zamorak's army. Sometime during the god wars, Zamorak sent Chief-Lieutenant Thammaron to the Kharidian Desert to wipe out the town of Uzer. This attack was successful, earning him respect with the ranks of Zamorak's army. However, Thammaron and his corp were destroyed at Uzer by Azzanadra, Zaros' general. During a quest, players find Thammaron's corpse in underground Uzer.

Ancient Lieutenant of Zamorak

Colors: Magenta and Black

An ancient lieutenant of Zamorak who opened a gateway to another realm in the ancient, now buried city of Uzer. He has been sealed in his throne a long time ago when he was critically wounded, and he died over time. But, before he died he caused so much turmoil that Saradomin himself helped the citizens of Uzer create "Clay Golems" to fight it off. In his realm you can find his throne, with which you can use a chisel and hammer to steal his gems attached to the throne

General Khazard:

Undead Minion of Zamorak

Colors: Red and Dark Grey

Symbol:Khazard Armor

He has a major army of humans, he entertains them by forcing people to fight his pets, like his "puppy" Bouncer, and he has waged war on the gnomes. He apparently is a skeleton, but he eventually gets defeated by a brave human.

Rashiliyia

Queen of the Undead

Colors: Light Green

Symbol: Locating Crystal

She was a human once, but zamorak tricked her into becoming the queen of the dead by telling her he would bring back her dead kid, but when he did he brought him back undead. She is furious at zamorak and casts plagues of undeath upon shilo village, seeking revenge. She has some symbolicness with the temple of Ah Za Rhoon. Ah Za Rhoon is from an ancient language, translated it meens "Magnificence Floating On Water", but the temple was built on land between two large lakes. A priest had built the temple, his name is Zadmius, and it is believed that Rashiliyia had caused the temple to collapse. It is thought that now the temple is as far down as twenty men deep. Rashiliyia liked Zadmius, but Zadmius didnt like her back and that made Rashiliyia angry at him. When the temple was crushed, so was Zadmius. So Zadmius was never given a proper burial, you must bury Zadmius in a holy place and when you do you get a bone shard. You also need to bury Rashiliyia's remains and when you do she comes and thanks you. Rashiliyia liked objects of beauty, her tomb has gems on them that glow when near each other.

Filliman Tarlock:

Druid Ghost

Symbol: Blessed Silver Sickle

Recently deceased in Morytania, and it takes you to hold a mirror to his face before he accepts that he is dead. With the help of an adventurer he achieves true form into a nature spirit. He can bless silver sickles for you and in his home (a grotto) you can find a druid pouch which is used for killing ghasts and setting their souls free

Dramen Spirit:

Tree Guardian Spirit

Symbol: Dramen Staff

This spirit guards the mythical dramen tree, which branches can be used to enter the realm of Zanaris, which is also known as the Lost City

The Barrows Brothers

Holy Fighters Against Evil

Colors: Black, Whitish Yellow

Symbol: Crumbling Tomb (A Book)

During the god wars there were six brothers who all fought against evil. They were awed by and feared by many. No one knows anything about where they came from but they first appeared when evils were destroying civilizations. The elder of the six, was the one who struck the first blow against evil, he threw very powerful magic straight through the legions of evil, which left a hole so four of his other brothers could charge in and attack melee. The sixth brother was barely ever seen but it was known that when one of the other brothers was in a tight jam, a barrage of bolts would come flying in and help out. The battle was so savage that the people of this particular city had to wait for the dust to settle, in order to see their saviours, and when the battle was over, the many legions of evil were all fallen beneath their feet. For many, many years on, these brothers fought in the god wars in the aid of good, they just would jump into battle not fearing for themselves but for the innocent bystanders of these villages being attacked by evil. Soon enough they became legends in everyone's eyes, good or otherwise, and because of this a spoooky dark figure came, the first time he was noticed he was standing around the many dead bodies of evil and most people mistook him for a scavenger but when he headed straight for the brothers, people thought he may have been a seventh brother, who was even less seen then the ranger. When the brothers noticed him heading straight for them they instantly grabbed their weapons and readied theirselves for battle, many people later stated that was the first time the brothers ever seemed unsure of what to do. But the dark figure just sized them up and walked away. In many battles later the dark figure appeared, watching from the sidelines, but what made people worry was that the dark figure distracted the brothers and they couldn't fight as well as they did before and they would even actually sometimes recieved very serious injuries. It was when the brothers were far deep in the territory off the enemy when the dark figure fought back, apparently he had enough of his followers killed and he wanted revenge. He started his attack at the last light of the sun set and great monstrosities swept through the camps killing all in their way. The brothers started battling and they stood back to back fighting. and they faught hard and long until sun rise which then the enemy ran, they ran faster then anyone could ever follow. When the soldiers started rebuilding their camps the brothers collapsed, they were still breathing but they were muttering in a foreign tongue that no one could understand. Their injuries were swollen and infected and none of the doctors had a clue how to save them, they had never come to face such infections before. So they did what they could and everyone just knew that the brothers would get better, but the day soon ended and the suns last rays were glaring, and then all hope was lost. All six brothers sighed one last breath together, and died. Then the villagers noticed the dark figure was back just outside the camp. The camp, later that night, was surrounded by the monstrosities once more but didnt attack just laughed and baited the villagers to come and meet them. Then at the break of dawn the monstrosities fled again, leaving the soldiers tired from a restless, fearful night. The commanders then decided that they could advance into the enemy territory no more. As was the custom of the time, out of honor and respect for mighty fallen brothers, they constructed six barrows for the brothers. It was a crypt for each brother covered in a small hill of earth that would hold their remains undisterbed by predators. This construction took many days and at nightfall the enemies would return and they would have to retreat back into their camps, but each day they would always go back to work, because this was the least they could do to repay the brothers for what the brothers have done for them when they finally finished their work, they gave a little ceremony and quickly fled the enemy lands. As they were leaving they turned to look once more at the graves and saw the dark figure watching them from the central barrow,he was just standing there with his arms outstretched to the sky. Not much of the original army made it home, most died on the journey, but there were tales of an unnatural glow on the horizon of where the brothers were buried. There are still today, tales of strange sights and sounds that have been noticed nearby the hills of earth. The brothers were named as followed: the mage and the eldest brother was Ahrim the Blighted, the four warrious were Dharok the Wretched, Guthan the Infested, Torag the Corrupted, and Verac the Defiled, the ranger and seldom seem brother was Karil the Tainted. I myself, think these are very odd names for people who fought evil but that is probably just me lol, and i heard that they have these funny names because they are dead Warrior ghost that's rests were disturbed.

Treas Dayth

Vampire Spirit Guardian

He was Zamorak's mage in charge of defending a ridge along time ago. He failed and fell into an incursion by Saradominians at the time, who then made it into the mines of Morytania and was able to grab a shard of the sacred Salve Crystals. And that made Zamorak furious with his mage, so he condemned Treas' soul into turmoil in the mines. Now his soul is bound the crystals forevermore. A Salve Crystal is an ancient crystal which is blessed by Saradomin, and with the Salve Crystal you can make a Salve Amulet which is good when used with the undead. Treas Dayth also protects the innocent looking key, which, once you defeat the him, into be the key to the salve crystals.

Tumeken

History: Tumeken

Tumeken is the husband of Elidinis and father of Amscut and Icthlarin. He is the head of the Menaphite Pantheon but has not been significantly involved in any quests. However in the Pyramid Plunder Mini Game he is revealed to be the God of the Sun. He apparently also picked his 'sons' to rule over the desert towns, stateing that Tumeken and Elindis have more children then just Icthlarin and Amascut. It was said by a Jagex Mod that the statues around Al-Khard of a snake headed man and a hawk headed man are Tumekens other sons.

Tumeken:

Chief God of the Menaphites

Not Much is known about this god, but that he is worshipped by the Menaphites and his wife is Elindis, and he has two children by the names of Itchlarin and Amascut.

Elindis:

Goddess of Fertility and the River for the Menaphites

Not Much is known about this god, but that she is worshipped by the Menaphites and her husband is Tumeken, and she has two children by the names of Amascut and Itchlarin.

Koscheii the Deathless:

Mysteriously Immortal Being

Koscheii was found by the fremmenik in the ice cold waters of the north. He doesn't remember anything of his past, but he is incredibly strong and resistant, and he is difficult to kill if he even is able to kill, because he just keeps coming back even stronger.

Delrith

Demon of destruction

He is a zamorakien demon who destroyed varrock during the god wars. He was very powerfull, but was defeated by the Holy Silverlight. He was resummoned recently by zamorak mages, but was defeated again by the same blade, before he could regain his powers.

Nezikchened

Demon of corruption

A black demon who serves zamorak, his mission is to corrupt the holy karanzi jungle... He already has corrupted the tribe shaman , and the holy pool, but was defeated but some brave heros.

Arzinian

Magical Guardian of evil

A ancient zaros avatar, He was trapped in the Rellekan mountains inside a magically sealed rock. He is waiting in his lair, Which contains many many gold, which seems to have a huge zaros symbol painted on it.

Scorpius

Ghost of chaos

He is a ghost servant of zamorak, found south of ardougne. Not much is known about him...

Lesarkus

Fire guardian

He protects the temple of ikov. He can only be defeated by ice arrows.

Salarin the Twisted

Sinister Guardian

A guardian of zamorak's dark herbs, he is only vulnerable to strike spells.

King Black Dragon

Evil dark three headed dragon

A strong dragon which is empowered by zamorak.

Kalphites

Bugs of evil

Kalphites are evil but have a well structurized society. They are minions of zaros.

Elvarg

Mad Dragon

A Legendary green dragon who has gone mad by zamorak, but a brave human defeats her

Lord Drakken

Vampire Lord

He controls all of morytania, and he is very evil. He is very mad at humans, since they trapped his brother, draynor, into misthalin and was slayed.

Zemouregal

Zemouregal was a Mahjarrat who sought the Shield of Arrav, hoping to use its powers to protect himself from other Mahjarrat so that he could rule them. To obtain it he attacked Avarrocka (now Varrock) with a large force of undead. Arrav attempted to personally deal with Zemouregal but even with the shield he found the Mahjarrat's strength overpowering. Seeing the state of his town, Arrav realized that the only way to stop the undead army was to throw the shield into their ranks. He threw the shield into the center of town and the undead army quickly collapsed. However, in doing so he left himself vulnerable to a magical attack by Zemouregal, who then finished him.

It is implied in one of the wallpapers released by Jagex that Zemouregal was the necromancer who attacked Varrock in the Fifth Age, employing an undead Arrav as a general. The necromancer depicted in that image resembles the description of Zemouregal ("A skull with burning sockets") and the figure in the right of the image wears the armor and sword that Arrav is using in the image in the Legend of Arrav IV. This assault was more easily repelled because humans had access to magic by then

Colors: None that I no of

Draynor

The Vampire of Draynor

Brother of drakken, he owns a large mansion in misthallin, but he got slayed.

Zemouregal

Unknown

A Mahjarrat from Freneskae, Which nothing is known about. Zamorak is also a Mahjarrat

Juna

Guardian of the Tears of guthix

This serpent guardian guards the mystical tears of guthix, who contain vast magical power.

Elidinis

Elidnis is the RuneScape goddess associated with growth and fertility. She is said to have created the River Elid. From this river the town Nardah arose. Elidnis is symbolised by water. She has control over Water Spirits which have the duty of protecting the River Elid and Nardah. These Water Spirits dwell in a cave at the northern end of the river.

Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan

Lord Drakan is the Vampyre ruler of the modern-day Morytania. Thousands of years ago he entered Gielinor as one of the Mahjarrat. He sided with Zamorak when Zamorak rebeled against Zaros. During the god wars, Lord Drakan led a Zamorakian Army of Werewolves and Vampyres, but was trapped in Morytania when Saradominist priests blessed the river Salve so the evils of Morytania could not enter the human lands. Realizing this, Drakan conquered and enslaved the people of Morytania, turning it into a dark and evil land, and turning the town of Hallowvalle into Meiyerditch, his capitol. Lord Drakan is the brother of Count Draynor.

Akthanakos

Akthanakos is a Mahjarrat depicted as a man with a camel's head. Like Azzanadra, he remained loyal to Zaros during Zamorak's coup. He was imprisoned by Enakhra, a powerful sorceress and early Zamorakian follower. Akthanakos is the namesake of the aggressive ugthanki camels that inhabit the desert between Al Kharid and Pollnivneach, and possibly the reason for their outwardly hostile nature as well.

Hazeel

Hazeel is a mighty mahjarrat war lord. Hazeel overthrew the developing city of Ardougne early in the fourth age. The anscestors of the Carnillean family slew the warlord, and took his mansion and property as their own. Anticipating death, Hazeel created a scroll with the power to resurect himself and stashed it away inside his mansion. In the 'Hazeel Cult' quest, you can either help resurect or postpone the resurection of Hazeel. Now reborn (even if it wasn't because of your help), Hazeel is traveling northwards to meet his fellow Mahjarrat and plan for the second god war. Hazeel slew many of Zaros's guards during Zamorak's battle with the Empty Lord.

Azzandra

A Mahjarrat, he remained loyal to Zaros throughout Zamoraks rebellion and fought against Zamoraks men. In the God Wars he was thought to be invincible so he was sealed into a pyramid out in the desert using four crystals which were stolen by four of Zamorak's servants. In the 'Desert Treasure' quest you must collect the crystals and free Azzandra who resembles a ghost wearing brown armor and a helmet in the shape of a Jackal head. He in turn teaches you Ancient Magicks. He, along with the other primary Mahjarrat, returned to "The North" after the hero releases him.

Colors: Red, Brown

Scabaras

The god of Scarabs, Scarabas was created by Tumekan during a nightmare. According to the recent makeover of the Varrock Museum, Scarabas created the Kalphites. He is mentioned during the quest "Contact!".

Followers: Scarab Mages and Locust Riders under Sophanem, and possibly the Kalphites and Menaphos

There are still many gods left to be discovered and many temples left to be found, like this one found near the fishing guild, underground, it has the symbol of Saradomin or Armadyl in it, yet it has been decorated with some evil looking torches and perhaps a sacrifice has taken place in the center[/hide]

God Letters

Can be found at http://www.runescape.com/varrock/letter ... dex_new.ws

SIRSIG.gif

I LOVE THIS GUY HE IS SO COOL AND AWESOME AT EVERYTHING LIKE SIGS AVVYS AND BANNERS!!

Under.gif

I give you props for writing/and or copying this. couldnt read through it all, would take like 30 minnutes.

I told you long took me 14 days to write. I wrote not copied it read the Disclaimer.

SIRSIG.gif

Under.gif

really wonderful guide, you are way better than all those really old dudes at varrock museum

anyway, i think you are missing all those new treasure trail itmes, like god cloaks, blessed stuff, blah blah blah... but anyway, i dont think that is important

oh yea, btw, sara is not an "invader" ; nor zammy. both of them are mortals that "evolve" within...

also, zammy itself do not have the word "evil" in his head...

he instead "gives" strength by leading (not luring in his words) them to chaos

this is what he said at issue 22:

Pah, don't colour me with your own small minded morality.

I am 'evil' because that's what the weak always call the strong who subdue them.

It's not just fun to crush my enemies with my power, and then torture them as an example for others who would dare resist me; I am teaching you all a valuable lesson about how the way the world works here!

You should all say 'thank you Zamorak' as I crush your bones and burn down your houses! And then come back begging for more of my wonderful lessons!

Muhahahaha

i think i have to redo the shadow robes thing, i forgot many parts of the story already... i will come back after i find out stuff in zaros and armadyl

anyway, i am pretty sure sara was a mortal like zammy and was a follower of armadyl

i think dark dude post a thread with many information about the god wars, i am trying to find that thread now...

This is amazing! I give you a 10/10, even without pictures! I am one of the few people that like to delve into the history of Runescape, so I find this very interesting. I really like to learn about the rise of Zamorak, etc. The Mahjarrat are very interesting to me as well. (Personally I'm a Guthix follower, he shall awaken! :))

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Guest Hiitchhiiker

Wow great job! This was an interesting read, and it must of taken you ages to find all of this information. I appreciate you taking time out of your day just so that we can know more about our beloved Runescape and it's myths and lore. Thanks.

It took an hour out of my day but it was worth it,

Hiitchhiiker

Wow great job! This was an interesting read, and it must of taken you ages to find all of this information. I appreciate you taking time out of your day just so that we can know more about our beloved Runescape and it's myths and lore. Thanks.

It took an hour out of my day but it was worth it,

Hiitchhiiker

Lol it is long.

SIRSIG.gif

Under.gif

you should add the bit about zamorak being a general and took down this evil god, do the ghost robes mini quest for the whole story.

i have redo the mini quest to get the names right... but correct me if i am wrong, i did it all by memory

the ghosty robe mini quest started by veldez (armadyl) who have the staff somehow and get stole by a thief called rennard (zammy) and take it to kharrim (zammy) a messenger. the messenger take it to lennissa who is a double agent of both zammy and armadyl... the double agent took it to dhalak (sara) who make some spell so zammy can use it to get rid of zaros for good

i forgot what viggora was up to... for what i remembered, i think his purpose is to mention that zaro give them the curse to be ghosts forever

• 4 months later...

This is great! I love this, so many deities i didn't know about! You've worked really hard researching this!

It's worth noting that in the Land of the Goblins quest, at some point i think a goblin says that the Big High War God's name is Bandos (i think the priest, but not sure.) You need to include Bandos anyway.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

As Zaros came long before Guthix entered Gielinor

Wrong.

1. Guthix never knew about Zaros, seeing that he was banished before he was awakened. He said so in the God Letters

2. Guthix was the one who created Gielinor (Andrew Gower A.K.A. Guthix Pl0x?)

22031_s.gif

Very very nice read. Sticky? AoW? I thnk so! Lol, anyway, must have taken you a while to come up with that. Either way, it was a very nice read and loved it. First thing i did after i read, went into Runescape and quizzed almost everyone on my friends list to see how much they knew about the game they play! Hahah, thanks a ton.

http://s9.invisionfree.com/pec <--Best clan ever.

khii8.jpg

Ok just a few corrections

Bandos is the Big High War God that the goblins talk about. One of his items included the goblin maul that you get during the Death To the Dogershunn quest i think

I like to sumbit the following for the contest

Also Zemouregal a Mahjarrat who was one of the Mahjarrat who helped Zamorak rebel againts Zaros. He confronted Arrav and tried to steal his legendary shield, but failed.He attacked Varrock twice.

The first time he nearly won but was stopped by Arrav, unfortunatly Arrav sacrificed himself in the process, for you see Zemouregal had an army of undead soilders,he destroyed the army of soilders by throwing his shield into their ranks. The shield's power quickly destroyed the undead, but left Arrav open to attack, allowing Zemouregal to kill him. He vowed to turned Arrav into an undead and force him to be an officer in his army.

The second time was easily defeated because by then humans have discovered runes and defended themselves with magic (go mages!! :D)

There i tried to make it sound like if I were trying to tell the story and pass it on to Generation to Generation.Go thesoraus!:D

I forgot where i learned this stuff, i think it was the Runescape wiki :S :?

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Wow :shock: 10/10 definitely. I was considering doing something like this myself but... I'm not that dedicated, not near enough.

Two people you should add however, to lesser known section.

1. The Slug Queen AKA Mother Mallum. She was the queen of the sea slugs, who could infect people and make them her followers. She was killed, but her son, the Slug Prince, attempted to ressurect her. He succeded, and the entire town of Witchaven was infected. You were almost killed trying to stop Mother Mallum, but Savant teleports you safely away.

2. Sir Tiffy Cashien. He's the leader of the Temple Knights (just noticed referance... Knights Templar, anyone?) which is also in control of the White Knights, the defense and lawmakers of Falador until the King returns. Sir Tiffy Cashien is very unkown so far, but more is promised to follow by Jagex, as the Proselyte status given to you after the Witchaven affair, is very low.

~~~

I had to rush a bit on those two.. I'm short for time. I personally love the history of RuneScape - much more intruiging than our own lol. And after noticing Knights Templar reference... opens up a lot to me. Maybe I'll make a post :P ... tomorrow.