Should they just remove Pest Control?

Latinoking

Well due to the update on Monday; Jagex decides to make 3 boats, cut exp but add tickets, and add sheilds around the portal and make games longer. Now I know people love this update due to no more pures & noobs. Some people hate this update because they no longer get fast wins and exp is now harder unless your 100+. And some of the 90s like me are trying to get 100 combat ASAP. But people are going to keep hating how low the exp is and will go back to normal training or keep rioting in our homeworld.

Now if Jagex removes it; it means no more exp and no more complaing. What do you think?

I kind of don't want it to go but omg the exp sucks!

i think that if they did remove it, they would still "riot"

why not just ban the rioters? that would solve the problem nicely, and they can't honestly say they were innocent.

the experience is a lot faster, to be honest. people need to try things for more than a day before judging it as slower exp

To be honest with you, as a minigame to assist training combat, I find it fun! it's a good and popular game.

If the game was released like this originally there would be no problem with it, and people would accept it as a good balanced game.

Removal would be a bad thing and would have a negative effect... would not go down well!

sig2webzx7.jpg

I believe Jagex did the right thing with Pest Control. A mini game is not supposed to be a direct source of exp, rather something fun with the exp as a side aspect as incentive. I remember when it first came out, they already had to cut the exp from rewards because it was such a great amount already. I know people complained that they "nerfed" it at that time but it was still the fastest way to gain exp per hour.

A year rolls on and they change it. They did cut how much exp per hour you receive but they made it more of a "mini game" atmosphere. I don't think they wanted mini games to be 30 secs in length. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt there more than one way to get points then to just destroy the portals? If you had the Void Knight last then you won, but with less rewards or something like that. Jagex wanted them to be longer, that is why they invented the random shields. They did the shields so you would talk to your teammates to work together to win, not just hack away at the same portal everytime.

All in all, Pest Control is still the best way to gain exp. It just isn't as fast as games would be with a clan. I think the people that are "complaining" are those that are pures or those that were in 90+ clans whose combat levels are 90-99. Personally I am in that range too, but Pest Control bored me when I tried to play. I might be tempeted to try it again now with the updates.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I mean people rant now, but given time it may even speed up some games, people will just team work, and so are more cooporative.

I would love Jagex to change PC again so there is a reasonable chance of protecting the knight without portals..... since the game was released I can only recall hearning of two games where people managed to last the full 20 minuites!

it's not reasonbly possible to play the game in that mannor an it's a point that needs investigating.

There is also the point of "why woudl you want to?" there needs to be some kind of decent insentive to have such a long game.

300th post!

sig2webzx7.jpg

It could be pretty interesting to see how the community reacts if pc was removed for a week and the only reason being " Jagex feels you people are ungrateful, and shall suffer for it" only they wouldn't tell them it would be back in a week.

I also think there should be some reason to have a game last the whole 20 mins, but currently, other than getting a huge amount of zeal there is no reason. I would personally think a Jad type monster that spawns by the south gate after 15 mins would be cool, and the reward would be an extra 2-3 points or something.

I love this update, it makes so many people happy while screwing over so many more. :thumbsup:

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

If they removed it all together, riots would spread throughout the worlds not just 78 and 99. More complaining would come after it, more riots, more lag, more idiots...

This is a good update in my opinion, and can't get any more better nor worse.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Should they remove Pest Control? No. Why?

First of all, it's a minigame. It's something that's meant to be enjoyed by everyone and get a small stipend of experience while doing it, similar to the other PvP or PvE minigames such as Castle Wars, Fight Pits and Fight Caves. However, this game gave unusually high amounts of experience, and unlike the other minigames above, you could actually level skills without ever touching any aspect of that skill prior to it, i.e. a high level in Magic without the need for a single rune.

Removing it would be a pretty damn stupid idea, simply because it's been around for over a year up until this point, and most people still want the full set of Void Knight (which, would be the only reason I ever set foot near PC). The staff for most of us is somewhat of a cool novelty (autocasting Guthix Claws), and I wouldn't mind using my points after gathering the full Void pieces to level up some Smithing or Herblore.

If, and only if, you play Pest Control to receive combat experience, you are depriving yourself of the rest of the game. Whatever happened to leveling combat with Slayer? I don't see much anything wrong with leveling combat while at the same time, making much more money and even more potential money.

Besides this, who gives a damn about the rioters? If they want to cry that much when something like this comes around, then please dear God let them leave. They have no right to act like spoiled brats in this community, and they certainly don't have a right to clog up normally peaceful servers with their useless "riots". Deleting something just because of riots would be like cutting off your right leg because your left arm said it was ugly. Ain't going to work, ain't going to happen.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I liked PC, I haven't tried new PC though. I think anyone ranting either is a lazy bum, someone who seriously doesn't like new PC, and people that don't get it.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

It is too late to remove Pest Control in my opinion. I wouldn't mind it being removed but I still think it's too late.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

i.e. a high level in Magic without the need for a single rune.

You needed a level 25 skill to get xp from it... but yea. I agree with everyone. I really like how much the community in PC has changed. I've gone hours without seeing anyone say "Everyone below level xx leave now". I used to see that quite often.

Removing pest control would be catastrophic. There would be chaos everywhere. Huge riots on every world. Not something us peace-loving players would want.

I haven't tried the new pest control yet but I think it's a good update. It makes people realize that the game was intended to be a nice break from training combat the normal way, not a main source of experience.

It seems they fixed everything but the 20 minute time limit, which is still sadly useless. (Well not really. If I had a decent pc clan I would try to play a game that long just for the bragging rights. :P )

No reason to flat out remove it. All the xp aside, it's still a fun minigame for people. As long as people are having fun, that's what the game's meant for.

No reason to flat out remove it. All the xp aside, it's still a fun minigame for people. As long as people are having fun, that's what the game's meant for.

people aren't having fun, for the most part. most people used it solely for combat experience rewards without effort.

its been in the game for a year or so, why take it out because some lazy people decided to spam?

Well yes they should because it is totally ruining combat i always ask if someone pced there str cape or mage cape and such. It's not an accomplishment to PC your levels.

Pc RUINED Combat period.

Pc SHOULD be taken out and make pure train by themselves.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Jagex did the right thing with PC, and during the riot there were J Mods there banning people!

I love the J Mods that hold the gun of banning with their trigger happy hand. =D>

Pasty.png

Well yes they should because it is totally ruining combat i always ask if someone pced there str cape or mage cape and such. It's not an accomplishment to PC your levels.

Pc RUINED Combat period.

Pc SHOULD be taken out and make pure train by themselves.

i dont think it ruined combat as such

even if you did pc a stat to 99, its still an achievement. pc still took along time to get a 99, as with any other stat in any way

AND IT WAS BORING!!

if you got a 99 with pc, you would know how boring it is. repeditive as hell

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I've always remembered Pest Control as a fun game to play with others in a team sort of atmosphere (more than anything else in RS) without fear of losing items and such. These boats seem to break up the pack a little, but the game is meant to be fun and to get some 'safe' combat exp.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

I think the best thing to do, would be to completely remove the experience rewards. And add on to the herb, seed, and ore packs. Maybe a log package? Fish package? The new combat-oriented hats were an awesome addition in my eyes.

I couldn't stand pest control before. I really couldn't it bored the hell out of me. This new update made it fun for me not because of the levels but because it is hard and not just a 30 second mini game.

Removing it now would only cause problems. But i think the update was a step in the right direction.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]