Runescape classic and why it was so good.

Nightsword

who would use a Formula 1 over buggati veyron :roll:

easy the buggati did you see it on top gear?

how do you "use" a formula 1?

right click it and select "use" from menu

Lmao, owned :mrgreen:

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

who would use a Formula 1 over buggati veyron :roll:

easy the buggati did you see it on top gear?

how do you "use" a formula 1?

right click it and select "use" from menu

how do i get one of these... "formula 1"'s?

What was so good about RSC was the community.

I loved all the trashtalk between certain players on the forums. I loved how there were so many rivarlies between players.

It felt like everyone knew everyone in RSC.

W 0 R D !!!

haha then the post will be locked cos of all the harrassment but it was all fun & games haha! man i miss the RSC days.

I'm probably wrong but weren't you avi's brother? I totally forgot her for like 5 years until I saw your name. Does she still play? I'm deadskinmask, I'm not sure if you remember me.

And yeah, the community was the biggest thing. I'd probably play rs2 somewhat if some of the old people still play. Another thing was the leveling as well. I was like 90th to get 99 hp and now i'm ranked 38,000 in hp. That's just ridiculous how fast people leveled. And to quote zorro, the rivalries were fun and you did feel like you knew everyone or even so everyone knew you which was cool. But you could actually stop pking or training and go to blue dragons or any other place, fishing, mining, whatever and meet people (low levels, etc) who were actually cool and you could talk to.

ahh no trade limit and pk ing everywhere. I remember when members came out. I was like "Now i have to pay for this?>>>!?@#?!@?#"

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i find rsc pvp system the most basic out there honestly. Other then "catching" there was no real skill involved. There was no diversity in the food you used, the armour you wore, the weapon you used. Every one in the wild was really a carbon clone of one a nother. And the only skill about it was catching...and seriously most people could or atleast knew how to after 02. I think the biggest thing about rsc was the publicity from it being such a small community one player could acheive was the best thing about rsc. For the first 4 years you had different eras where every one knew that one person who was godly. Mostly cause it wasnt that over popular of a game compared to others at its time.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Actually i find rsc pvp system the most basic out there honestly. Other then "catching" there was no real skill involved. There was no diversity in the food you used, the armour you wore, the weapon you used. Every one in the wild was really a carbon clone of one a nother. And the only skill about it was catching...and seriously most people could or atleast knew how to after 02. I think the biggest thing about rsc was the publicity from it being such a small community one player could acheive was the best thing about rsc. For the first 4 years you had different eras where every one knew that one person who was godly. Mostly cause it wasnt that over popular of a game compared to others at its time.

What? There was way more than catching. Foodwise-- tons of people pked with lobs on f2p. So the people that had swordfish had a huge advantage I thought. And mage on p2p, I actually used chaos a lot while other people used bloods. Diversity. And most people didn't know how to catch on rsc I didn't think. Or they weren't well at it like arkan, adx, kdog3wa, et cetera. There was re attack bug too which I'm sure all the good high level pkers got tons of kills off and other people could never do it. I honestly thought catching was like 40 percent of the fight if even that.

Still the change in deaths , chaos , or bloods, and lobs to swords was pretty insignificant. Not really that much in diversity compared to other games even at its time.

And catching wasnt every thing to do with pking, but it played a major role in it.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

to add to the 3 most recent posts, i'd say catching and the ability to catch had a large say wether one could be a good pker or not. but with just 2 friends or more, catching became virtually irrelevant. seeing as at one point or another the "runner" would have to go south, you and your friends could just strategically place yourselves south of the victim and range on them, pick up fight, and repeat process.

the biggest flaw in the system would almost have to be, that most players didn't do nearly enough damage due to the notorious "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30! 0 0 0" hitting system, i.e Whodabest on his newb Kikyurass hit 14 consecutive 0's on me wearing full bronze with just 80 defence. so mostly anybody had a great chance at escaping if u knew how to run south-west diag..... or was it south-east? my memory is failing now :ohnoes:

curse and teleport runes plus prayer used in the right combination could save pretty much anyone from total domination in a 1v1. running diag it took about 3 seconds for each wilderness level so at most it would take just 75 seconds to get south enough for a teleport. not a huge time slot for a pker trying to remove 25+ food items in the other persons inventory.

Yeah, Ne 1 rember when addy came out? im shure jagex giggiled on how much we worshipped it.

i liked the systems on rs1 better (rember when spam clicking a rock with a bronze pick got the ore really fast?) their wasnt eating while killing and nearly no running from a bow in the wild =+] good old days... hopefully the new JaGeX CEO does something original with the rs2 systems (he actually admitted to creating a dumed down and childish game) and thats a start

agentkiller4.png

Still the change in deaths , chaos , or bloods, and lobs to swords was pretty insignificant. Not really that much in diversity compared to other games even at its time.

And catching wasnt every thing to do with pking, but it played a major role in it.

I've gotta say this is the best quote i've seen from you.. This is precisely why i never rated you as that much of a pker.. What you call insignificant i call necessary.

Freeplay pking: Say you have full set armor, 2 pots and 3 spaces for runes, this leaves 20 food which equates to 240Hp in lobbies or 280Hp in Swords.. Which is essentially carrying 23.333333 Lobbies.. You could do less damage to your opponent than he does to you and still win the fight? Pretty important if you ask me..

Then we move onto Bloods/Deaths/Chaos and i must say if i didn't have bloods/deaths i would always use chaos instead of weakens just because i knew how much better they were really.. Hell it's the only reason i was 90+ thieving but if you use chaos in p2p against someone using bloods you're probably gunna lose unless you hit really well with your axe/sword, not only did fire waves hit harder they hit more often aswell (don't know if this is fact or if anyones been able to prove it but it looked to me from experience this was the case)

I wholeheartedly agree with you that there was very little diversity in runescape and that RS2 did indeed introduce a new dimension in terms of the big heavy weapons hitting harder but slower etc.. I mean maces and scims were pretty much redundant on rsc, they needed beefing up (tho i do have a legit kill pic using a rune mace lol, i'll try find)

I think that there was more to pking that you like to admit though, even as Fook mentioned earlier yes cathing was a major part and if you ask me i'd say probably the most important but if you didn't have catch did you give up? I never did.. there were ways around it (providing you were fighting the right person) if someone was determined to run no matter what and you didn't have catch they tended to get away unless you had a team, and as fook says if you have a team you can eradicate the need to catch but they've gotta know what they're doing:

I tended to pk with the same people and we got a good understanding between us.. Zorro, Sue, Arkan to name a few, within the first few seconds of a fight we'd see who had catch and they took over the main fighting, the scarest pker there (highest lvl) would always stand where you didn't want them to run to, try to deter them into running zorros way (sorry zorro lol) normally east and i would stand NW cause there was a glitch that made catching alot harder (i personally had to chase them paralell to make the catch and couldn't do it straight unless 1 sqring which wasn't the most reliable way) either way, if you had a team of pkers who knew what they were doing you could heard the prey into the right direction.. An example being in p2p area away from mage wall (tho most people would head their without caring who was covering that direction) a personal peeve of mine was the massive hills in p2p between pirates and wall tho i'd always attempt to stay clear of them.

Assume you're pking alone and you don't know what you're doing, you're fighting against me (lvl121?) and i've trashed you in a round, u run to heal but do still want to fight so you stand still, i stand on top of you and start maging, this is when alot of people panic, they've healed already what do they do? heal again or try to move and heal, by which time i've normally got two shots off at you and clicked attack (bloods u cud be 20 hp down, assuming u healed fully) if i open the fight with a 30 and a mage of any number ur in [cabbage] even if you're 90+ hp - This is another thing alot of people didn't get onto and believe me i got alot of kills by doing this.

My other favourite though i know no-one likes to believe that i actually pked alone was to go and attack a team, attacking a team was always fun because they may well be lower than me but they were confident or dare i say overconfident - I'd fight and let myself get fairly low to keep them interested (died a few times doing it of course.. Nothing like max tho lol) but if you had one of those rounds were u were both low, i'd run diag, alot of the time they'd assume im low and trying to get away i'd be healing because i used map to do my diag for some distance, they struggle to follow to make catch and neglect to heal properly or at all - I shoot mage and attack, i got many a 2 hit this way and was usually able to get all armor and escape (and on the odd occasion kill the pjer, in fact i remember one time killing 4 people on 1 spot, i had to call Sue away from training to help me get armor but that was mainly 3 hits on that occasion)

In the end there wasn't great diversity to RS pking, but there were veteren pkers and there were people who just thought they knew everything and i think this separated them from the ones that actually did put the time in to learn new ways and tactics for killing people, i usually always had a trick up my sleeve to get someone even if it meant taking my armor off and hoping to 3 hit someone, to have the chance of a kill was worth it in my eyes!

Oh and to something Fook mentioned earlier about hittins 0's i did my own little study also, i opened two screens with Adx (all 99's) against my newly made PB - (all 1's) i dueled them (a fair amount of times) and eventually had Adx hit a 0 on the newb and the newb hit a 1 on Adx - Now if you ask me that just should not have happened at any point ever, 99 attack shud never fail on 1 defence and likewise 1 attack on 99 defence - In fact if you ask me i dont think 99 attack should fail on anything less than 60 defence and there should have been a minimum hit due to your str if you did actually hit.

But saying all this, i loved Rs how it was and although frustrating at times there was nothing quite as gratifying as 3 hitting someone that you didn't like, it was the ultimate insult in my eyes (well aside from 3 hitting someone a lvl 116 trying to punk you when you're training prayer with monk robes and bunny ears on... haha!)

Oh and meet - There are two unique aspects to Rsc - Catching & 3 Round system

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I really believe the catching and part of the 3 round system is what made pking worth it.

And I dont really care if you didnt think much of me as a pker, i know what I accomplished compared to most others. I can honestly tell you I never looked for a team to help me, nor care for it. Id pk for the fun of it. I wouldnt give away stupid deaths , or fight people(groups) i knew that cared more for the bragging rights of having my kill picture then actually killing me.

Some of the pkers that use to post here, and even a couple of the high level ones still posting , I know i personally helped teach them their pk etiquette only to have them turn in to a complete egotistical jack [wagon] after obtaining what they needed from me.

And no offense to rs, but i had so much more fun pvping on diablo at the time i was playing rs, yet rs pking was so much more addictive then diablo . Really cant explain that one, perhaps the fact that catching i looked at as something that you could perfect and got to me if i missed. Or maybe it was the easily obtainable publicity that one could obtain on rsc thru pking that made it more entertaining and held my attention longer. who knows?

any how it will prob be a while before i ever post here again, wasnt ever thinking bout coming back to any thing rs related. But until next time, enemies, friends, foes,you name it, I enjoyed our time together :P and hope you guys are all doing good in rl. Was very fun while it lasted.

eric

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

• 4 weeks later...

Pking, the community, and staking. Staking is LITERALLY the reason i stayed rsc when rs2 came out, cuz i could see from my testing that staking in rsc, often meaning high def and att with low str levels, wouldnt work at all in rs2, where a pure would rape my rsc staker in a stake lol.

• 2 weeks later...

ah i remember when you had to sleep in beds or use a sleeping bag to recover fatigue :P thats when i came into rsc dont think you could pk anywere except wildy though when i started

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png

Mining and fishing took forever compared to now, so it was much more challenging.

I also remember when certain rune items started to be smithed...e.g. rune battleaxes and 2 handers and everyone would talk about them

The community was generally much nicer as well, with there being only 3 worlds.

Pking, the community, and staking. Staking is LITERALLY the reason i stayed rsc when rs2 came out, cuz i could see from my testing that staking in rsc, often meaning high def and att with low str levels, wouldnt work at all in rs2, where a pure would rape my rsc staker in a stake lol.

Haha of course, I remember the week after staking came out I saw a guy in rune at like lvl 40 using sara spells. Owned me for a few DBaxes before I gave up...

Haha of course, I remember the week after staking came out I saw a guy in rune at like lvl 40 using sara spells. Owned me for a few DBaxes before I gave up...

:roll: God spells didn't come out until long after staking, if i remember rightly - Staking was released when members was released?

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

:roll: God spells didn't come out until long after staking, if i remember rightly - Staking was released when members was released?

Dueling and thus staking came out with members as far as i remember aswell.

Classic was the best without a doubt.

In my opinion, RuneScape gets worse as time passes.

Most online/multiplayer games start out bad and keep getting better.

RuneScape started out good and keeps getting worse.

When I played RSC, since I was quite young (11), I felt like everything was exciting and adventurous. From that moment on I couldn't stop playing it since it was just too much fun. Everything about the game was perfect. Unfortunately for me I missed all the drops and even when RS2 came out I was still a level 47 nub. Even though I pretty much got scammed everyday since I was 11 and too stupid to realize I was being scammed, overall it was an awesome experience, an experience which I will never experience again, which makes me sad. :cry:

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

simply the "thrill to kill". RSC pkin was the best.

Runescape Classic only ~ *
---------------------------------------------------------

D A V I [107] - main, D A V__I [85] - pure

davigifaustinrut.gif