Spanking- a sexual offense?

warren211

Sexual harassment I guess, I'd take a boy to court if he continually slapped my daughters arse in middle school whether she wanted me to or not.

Sex offender... too far but definitely give them a scare for sexual harassment.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexual harassment I guess, I'd take a boy to court if he continually slapped my daughters arse in middle school whether she wanted me to or not.

Err... Shouldn't the question rather be whether she wanted him to? Or strictly speaking, if she minds?

And in all honesty, is that something that needs to take up the time of a court? How's a simple chat with the boy, one's own daughter, and the parents of the boy. If that doesn't work out, involve the school authorities. If that doesn't work out, think of graver penalties. But... 13 year olds?

Huh?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Well, they're 13 years old, and in my opinion, still quite impressionable.

Speaking as a girl who has been unwillingly slapped on the butt by a male, I'd say that I was quite mad, but I took care of it myself by giving him an elbow on the head. :P If anyone ever slapped me on the butt again, I would give them a quick slap to the face and explain that if they did it again, I would file charges. I don't put up with that.

That being said, the girls in this incident didn't seem to care too much. While I can't understand why they wouldn't care, if it doesn't bother them, then there's nothing wrong here other than the fact that it's not appropriate school behavior. However, if I was a parent and there was a boy slapping my daughter on the butt, I would be very, very angry. But, I would have a talk with my daughter and maybe even the boy in question and then file charges should it continue. Even if I had a son that partook in that kind of behavior, I would be angry and have a talk with him explaining the possible consequences and meanings of his actions.

In my opinion, this should have been taken care of by the school first. Parents should have been contacted and they should have talked to their children, and school officials explain to the children that they will be punished if the behavior continued in school. It certainly isn't a criminal offense and these boys certainly shouldn't have to register as sex offenders and I highly doubt that they will. Jail time and registering as sex offenders is way too extreme for a case like this.

3898000bYVcx.png

All I have to say is..

WHAT THE HELL!

Whatever happened to "punish a individual by the degree of his crime".

This isn't even a crime.. the kids are 13.. boys will be boys.. DAM!

America, you are getting stupider and suckier everyday!

I use to be proud of my country, but now I am ashamed..

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Our isn't much better under close examaination but yours is getting ridiculous. Thats what happens when a legal system has to cover 300 million people.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Err... Shouldn't the question rather be whether she wanted him to? Or strictly speaking, if she minds?

And in all honesty, is that something that needs to take up the time of a court? How's a simple chat with the boy, one's own daughter, and the parents of the boy. If that doesn't work out, involve the school authorities. If that doesn't work out, think of graver penalties. But... 13 year olds?

Huh?

I really couldn't give a crap about your opinion, if a 13 year old keeps slapping my daughters arse, I will have him charged for sexual harassment. Please don't bother questioning me again.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Of course it's wasting time and possibly destroying someones life, and all for that? It's a school matter for example over here if people are play fighting in school and one gets injured you can't press charges since it's defined as 'horseplay". I mean kids will be kids and it's school. All this crap just makes people into mindless robots where everythings illegal. It's ridiculous really and you're being ridiculous for saying you'd possibly destroy a 13 year olds life for being a child. Especially since you're a psychatrist or whatever and know how children behave.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Of course it's wasting time and possibly destroying someones life, and all for that? It's a school matter for example over here if people are play fighting in school and one gets injured you can't press charges since it's defined as 'horseplay". I mean kids will be kids and it's school. All this crap just makes people into mindless robots where everythings illegal. It's ridiculous really and you're being ridiculous for saying you'd possibly destroy a 13 year olds life for being a child. Especially since you're a psychatrist or whatever and know how children behave.

Here let me repeat it for you.

I really couldn't give a crap about your opinion, if a 13 year old keeps slapping my daughters arse, I will have him charged for sexual harassment. Please don't bother questioning me again.

and again just incase you have troubles understanding:

What I do is none of your business so pipe down and please don't ever bring my profession in line with my opinion ever again.

igoddessIsig.png

Then you're acting worse than that child. Congratulations.

Signature3.gif

Then you're acting worse than that child. Congratulations.

Please remind me next time I don't agree with how you would handle a situation, to quote you, belittle you, bring your profession or religion in comparison to your personal opinion then use a metaphor to once again put you down and congratulate you.

I really expected better from someone who usually contributes such constructive posts to this forum.

igoddessIsig.png

Ugh. I hate people who get offended so easily. If you don't want your profession brought into the forums then don't make posts which involve it. I thought it was more of a compliment if anything.

Oh and I am pretty sure most people would agree that taking legal action against children for something as insignificant as this (and maybe destroying their life) is being childish since this is hardly equal footing to destroying their hopes of a good job in the future.

Signature3.gif

Huh?

And what if your daughter slapped someone on the arse...because she thought she was being friendly and it's very common in that area?

How would you feel if her education and social life was destroyed by some cranky parent taking her to court, do you know how much stress those 13 year old boys are going under right now?

And for what? Barely nothing, they should of got a verbal warning that's all.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

All the guys do that at my school, and the wierd thing is..the girls sorta like the attention. But I find it somewhat wrong to invade thier personal space, thats why I don't do that sort of thing.

the_foo_1000.png

2104th to 99 Hunting January 10th 2008

Proud Fan Of The Offspring Since 1998

I slap my friend's [wagon] and my friends slap my [wagon] sometimes, it's fun.

I'm not gay by the way

I wonder if it would be the same if two girls slapped a boy instead of two boys slapping a girl.

I'm not gay by the way.

GOD ya'll are so insecure about that. Every other sentence, people seem to need to mention their sexual orientation... -.- .

Sorry, worthless mini-rant ^_^'. Nothing personal.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

:-k Interesting... interesting.... There is a definite split what they would do for two certain groups (Not gonna say who, but it should be obvious).

Now what to know, is what each and every of the girls thing about this. Not their parents, not the school or officials, the girls. It happened to them, they should have a say in this.

At my school, although it is kinda taboo to do this to a girl unless you are their b/f (Or if it is something the friends do, which is rare) Only the girls do it at my school. Teachers see it everyday, and do not care. Heck, girls go up to each other and lay such a forceful smack on each others arses that it is very audible. All this is just fun and games naturally. But how come it is as soon as a boy does it, it is meant sexually? What if a boy and a girl who are just friends do it to each other out of pure sport? Is it sexual then?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ugh. I hate people who get offended so easily. If you don't want your profession brought into the forums then don't make posts which involve it. I thought it was more of a compliment if anything.

Oh and I am pretty sure most people would agree that taking legal action against children for something as insignificant as this (and maybe destroying their life) is being childish since this is hardly equal footing to destroying their hopes of a good job in the future.

What you're over looking here is the fact that I wrote KEEPS slapping and previously before that, CONTINUALLY slapped.

I also never in fact wrote or discussed my opinion or thoughts if it were to happen once or in the hypothetical situation that the two were friends.

You assumed everything.

And what if your daughter slapped someone on the arse...because she thought she was being friendly and it's very common in that area?

If my daughter slapped someone on the arse because she was being friendly, I would feel angered that people had gone to court and vice verser if it were to happen to them.

I think you have both taken what I've said out of context and jumped to your own conclusions.

Edit: I also never stated my opinion on THIS particular case.

igoddessIsig.png

Some kid grabbed my girlfriends boobs in school once.

I punched him in the face.

I got suspended for a week.

He got suspended for a day.

So yea, I do believe this would be a bit harsh...

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

some girl slapped my [wagon] in school and my 2nd cousin or something like that who works there as a councilor(i think, something like that) gave me a high five. =/ :o :D

Haha scored! :mrgreen:

igoddessIsig.png

Some kid grabbed my girlfriends [bleep] in school once.

I punched him in the face.

I got suspended for a week.

He got suspended for a day.

So yea, I do believe this would be a bit harsh...

Personally, I think they were a little too lenient on him. He should've been suspended for a little while longer.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'm not gay by the way.

GOD ya'll are so insecure about that. Every other sentence, people seem to need to mention their sexual orientation... -.- .

Sorry, worthless mini-rant ^_^'. Nothing personal.

That's because what I wrote does sound gay to an average person.

I think it is too harsh to put them on the list as 'Sex Offenders". It was a slap on the butt. The thing that should happen is if the girls DID have a problem with it, the boys should be suspended. They are 13! Sex offenders, which come to my mind, are older people who are perves and deserve to be on there. Even going to juvy was too harsh. Should just be suspended if the girls were seriously 'offended' by it.

What sucks is this follows them for life. Most people don't choose to buy homes near sex offenders. This sucks because how do you explain that you were registered because of slapping some chick on the butt at the age of 13? I doubt many home-buyers or other people will buy that.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Well if it's a way of saying hello, why not arrest everyone in the school? Idiots...

If a girl complain, then fine damn, suspend the guys for 2 days...not going to jail and put on the Sexual Offenders list!

NEW LAW: Looking at the other sex is now illegal. You will be hunted down and tired in a law of court!

Wait, you are calling them idiots?

Honestly that article just made me laugh

Cory Mashburn said he and Ryan Cornelison slapped each others' and other kids' bottoms every Friday. "Lots of kids at school do that," he said.

Why?

slapping girls on the rear end.

There were some others too that made me laugh but I don't feel like skimming the whole article. Just the way they phrase some of the stuff. I thought they didn't mention their names if they were under-aged? Maybe their parents gave permission.

I think the kids are idiots, but Mercifull summed it up perfectly I would have to say. It's definitely inappropriate, and I can only imagine what these kids would be like if they continued to do it later on in life. I must say that I don't feel much sympathy for the kid(s), but on his behalf, he didn't realize what he was doing was bad I don't think, and it definitely shouldn't qualify him as a "sexual offender," as a lot of other people have already stated.

The [puncture] dudes that used to do this kind of thing to girls at my school got on my nerves so much. It's incredibly disrespectful and they're the kind of kids who brag about dumb stuff like that to their friends and try to take advantage of girls just to get in their pants.

All I have to say is..

WHAT THE HELL!

Whatever happened to "punish a individual by the degree of his crime".

This isn't even a crime.. the kids are 13.. boys will be boys.. DAM!

America, you are getting stupider and suckier everyday!

I use to be proud of my country, but now I am ashamed..

~Defender~

Okay you said 2 dumb things that a lot of other people in this thread have said.

"Boys will be boys/kids will be kids bla bla bla" How does that justify what the dude did by any means? If everyone uses your horrible logic then you are just letting kids be disrespectful morons instead of teaching them that what they did is inappropriate, which makes the average teenage boy (the one you refer to when you say boys will be boys) a complete moron.

I don't think I did a very good job explaining why this was so dumb but, I tried.

Then you talk about how you are ashamed of your country?

WHAT THE HELL!

How does the poor decision of one probably local court of one case make you embarrassed of a whole entire country?

Once again, your logic is horrible. I just think you're trying to do the "cool" thing like a lot of other people in this thread have done, but instead of sounding knowledgeable like you know what you are talking about, you just proved yourself to be an ignorant moron[/b]

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.