Do you own, or know someone who owns a Xmas Cracker?

ZxColdEye

I thought about this awhile ago but forgot to make a thread about it. It seems as items get more and more expensive, items spend less time being shown off and more time exchanging between hands of greedy merchants. Three years ago masks and party hats were EVERYWHERE. Now if I'm "lucky", I'll see a santa hat every few hours...

But that's not really the point. My point is, rares are getting rarer, which brings me to my question: do you own a christmas cracker? And if not, have you ever known anybody who has? Or known a person who knew a person? Or are they just a figment of our imagination?

I have lots of very rich friends, my friend Gohanbeast15 has around 10B, and I've got around 800M, yet I don't know anyone with a cracker.

10b haha.... :|

If you meant that you can't get 10b then he meant networth.

Anyway, I'm not sure if he only has a phat set but I think Xman has a cracker

TifSig.jpg

Crackers are kinda pointless to have at this point.

They took a very heavy price dump late last year (from 900m down to 600m), so it's strategic value as a long-term investment has been shattered. So all people on leave or who just want to have something solid will choose something else. Plus, extra drawback of it not being wearable, so can't show it off or party with it. Long-term investors or just rich partygoers would tend to wear a phat instead.

Rare merchants tend to avoid them too. They are too expensive for a good market to merchant in (do you ever see someone in W2 selling/buying cracker? You very rarely see phat merchants, but crackers? never!). Most merchants find it's more profitable to trade in lesser rares (masks and santas being most popular by far), and some degree phats, but crackers are just too few and too expensive for public trade.

Really the only people who'd want a cracker are those who are not just rich, but *very* rich, as in already having one or more of each other rare including phats, and just having too much money to burn or wanting a "complete" set of rares. These people usually have other people find the stuff for them, and the process kinda goes below the deck, because such people are well known and have their own contacts without having to post on forums or trade in W2 to get what they need.

Of course, crackers didn't really go anywhere (a few got banned and stuff but not most), but there are so few compared to amount of people now, that they gradually went away from the hands of upper middle class investors and merchants to *very* rich collectors who tend to trade privately. And since they are not wearable, no wonder you neither see nor hear about crackers being traded or used.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Didn't we had a cracker thread a while ago?

Didn't Duke Freedom have some?

Ah... my first thread topic <3: .

But mine was how many crackers are there, still that's pretty much the same disscussion. ie. Who has them.

Costantino.png

But that's not really the point. My point is, rares are getting rarer

Lol that was funny ^

On topic: knew a person who had one. Lost it. Knew another one who had 2, but was hacked before the PINs were out :(

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Yes i know people who have one. Myself i don't own one, why? It isn't wearable, and i wont buy rares that aren't wearable (E.G. pumpkin, easter egg, ..).

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

pessi89.PNG

:|. in before "fake!!!11"

That just makes me sick. Some people have too much wealth.

Oh, and on-topic, I saw a level 88 total PC Product selling a cracker in w2 not that long ago. He had 99 strength, mage, ranged, hp, unranked defense, unranked prayer, and 61 attack. Most likely a staker.

td2sig.jpg

There used to be a free to play merchant with a cracker on these forums?

Maybe 24-silver? Can't remember

he was hacked and lost his red party hat another p hat and his cracker

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

pessi89.PNG

Oh, and on-topic, I saw a level 88 total PC Product selling a cracker in w2 not that long ago. He had 99 strength, mage, ranged, hp, unranked defense, unranked prayer, and 61 attack. Most likely a staker.

Wealth isn't always a bad thing. As someone said above, Gohanbeast15 is also my friend and a teammate. If someone dies in Exiled from a bs death or gets backstabbed by someone else he'll pay to help you get your stuff back. That's using wealth in a good way.

pessi89.PNG

i saw a lvl 123 pc product just post on these forums, you.

dukefreedomuq7.png

Got it off Tif awhile back, and as nobody has posted it on this thread...i thought why not...

If this is not allowed, by all means, remove it.

2 bad its all on a banned account now :(