Farming, Construction & Hunter, Forgotten skills?

fakeitormakeit

I see nothing wrong with construction, other than the high prices :P. But then, it was also meant to be a money-drain. Houses are good for parties, training prayer, and also KQing :). Tele to your house, charge up prayer, glory back to Al Kharid :D. Also quite a fast skill to train, I believe 100k+ an hour for sure using oak planks and making larders.

Farming isn't too bad. It's a good source for herbs, and many 2nds, as well as an admirable skill to have in the high levels.

Hunter though, I believe to be a completely useless skill. Mine is only trained so high, for 50+, and 60+ Skill goals of mine. My main training source for Hunter is Tears of Guthix :P. To me, it has no use (other than Chins for Range), and is boring to train. They definitely rushed the skill, and it really needs something else to make it more of a worth-while skill, in my opinion.

Blakdragon39.png

I personally don't understand why people expect so much from farming. I believe Jagex made it to be more or less a support skill for herblore, like how mining can support smithing yet smithing training is not dependant on mining, but not some independent skill like agility or thieving.

Farming is like a skill that you train long-term, best done every game session. Not like "Oh, I realise my farming lvl is so low i need to train it", then you start putting effort into it, which is apparently not the mindset for it.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

My thoughts on the three skills

Farming: Run Away, Run Away! It's the god for saken monster known as farming. Only (the tears of) Guthix can save us now.

Construction: I can NEVER get enough of that skill and I recently hit level 65 construction (considering the fact that my only two ways of making money are either unreliable or slow in terms of profit I think that's pretty good). I am currently heading into the realm of "leveling up from here is a pain but you get dungeons and so much good stuff". I have spent so much money on that skill it's not funny (constantly moving rooms, spending over 600k on a teak throne etc.). I am currently planning on going to 67, and after I take a break i won't likely stop there. The only problem is that the amount of new furniture I can build after I level up doesn't seem entirely worth it sometimes (especially if the furniture is something made out of gold leaf or marble which i have no interest in buying at the moment), and I force myself to resist drinking tea and using the crystal saw to build furniture (with some exceptions of course). It's kind of funny after it came out I was one of the throngs of people who complained about it costing too much (and we had good reason too), and when I first built a house I swore I would never spend money on anything except rooms (which meant nothing made out of oak). I didn't stick by it and I'm glad for it. I hope jagex gives more stuff to houses.

Hunting: I forced myself to train hunter even though i didn't need to, and i rediscovered how much of a joy it can be (sometimes). I also discovered something, mainly that using pitfall traps are a great way to obtain big bones.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

I see nothing wrong with construction, other than the high prices :P. But then, it was also meant to be a money-drain. Houses are good for parties, training prayer, and also KQing :). Tele to your house, charge up prayer, glory back to Al Kharid :D. Also quite a fast skill to train, I believe 100k+ an hour for sure using oak planks and making larders.

Either I'm training it wrong or you've got your figures wrong, I have never been able to get 100k construction experience in an hour (granted i don't make oak larders but instead keep flatpacking dining tables but still I haven't even gotten clsoe to 50k an hour)

fathertime89.png

Here's a list of forgotten skills

Mining

Firemaking

theft (well almost)

Ummm... What? How are these forgotten? Lots of people mine and there's nothing new needed to be mined really. Firemaking has been next to useless forever and it always will be, and with all the thieving to do out there it can't be forgotten.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Farming is lost for me, construction kinda is, too (both over 40 though ::' ), but hunter is by no means lost to me. Lvl 60! My favorite, but i dont train it as much as i would like to.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Here's a list of forgotten skills

Mining

Firemaking

theft (well almost)

Ummm... What? How are these forgotten? Lots of people mine and there's nothing new needed to be mined really. Firemaking has been next to useless forever and it always will be, and with all the thieving to do out there it can't be forgotten.

I meant forgotten by jagex, firemaking can be so much more than just strating cooking fires. I read lots of suggestions full of all sorts of intersting things you could do with firemaking, mining hasn't had an update since, well ever, and theft seems to never get updated and it has so much potential. (the only update i can think of is the sorcerer's garden, which is why I said almost).

fathertime89.png