~PokeVentures

RayOxide

already played 180 hours on my pokemon diamond game... im busy atm with trading and ev training... and also battling.

Do you know how long I can possibly play the game without it reseting itself? (Base time limit = ?) O:)

By the way, Can ANYONE help me with Contest visual groups?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already played 180 hours on my pokemon diamond game... im busy atm with trading and ev training... and also battling.

Do you know how long I can possibly play the game without it reseting itself? (Base time limit = ?) O:)

i hope like 1.000.000 :thumbsup:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

How do you farm master balls with Linoone/Zigzagoon? Just wondering :wink:

Ruby - 181:43

~120 Held. (So I have a Zigzagoon and Linoone in bank for example).

158 Caught

194 Seen

All legendaries caught apart from Latios. All Sapphire only pok̮̩̉̉mon, Latias and Kyogre traded from a friend.

Unseen:

Vileplume (I have Leaf Stone already, CBA to get another Gloom atm).

Chinchous evolution (Lanturn I think).

Metagross (Have Metang. (2 Beldums from friends aswell for hold.))

Feebas (Still looking for one of those six squares).

Donphan (Haven't evolved one of my 2 Phany's yet).

Pinsir (Still not found in the Safari Zone).

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

How do you farm master balls with Linoone/Zigzagoon? Just wondering :wink:

Ruby - 181:43

~120 Held. (So I have a Zigzagoon and Linoone in bank for example).

158 Caught

194 Seen

All legendaries caught apart from Latios. All Sapphire only pok̮̩̉̉mon, Latias and Kyogre traded from a friend.

Unseen:

Vileplume (I have Leaf Stone already, CBA to get another Gloom atm).

Chinchous evolution (Lanturn I think).

Metagross (Have Metang. (2 Beldums from friends aswell for hold.))

Feebas (Still looking for one of those six squares).

Donphan (Haven't evolved one of my 2 Phany's yet).

Pinsir (Still not found in the Safari Zone).

Unfortunatly farming master balls is impossible. "Farming" is simply the term of Linoone's special ability, pickup. Pickup allows for the pokemon to pick up items, like Rare candies and such, as long as it isn't holding an item itself. If you could pickup a master ball, then it would be pure luck...I suggest...Try winning a lottery, if you get Oh wait, you have ruby...Um, I think it's the same with the lotto.

Good job with the dex, though. Keep it up! :)

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Pfft Pokemon just isn't the same anymore. All these new Pokemon are just plain weird. I'll stick to the Good old Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. :P

Red/Blue is so fun hehe. Got a wild Mew and caught it (lvl 7), I'm fairly sure most of you would know how to get one though.

On Silver version, seen 234, caught 178. Pretty happy with that.

What is Diamond/Pearl like compared to the Pokemon games of old. Have they really changed much, or is it just a new set of Poke's with 8 new gyms?

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

What is Diamond/Pearl like compared to the Pokemon games of old. Have they really changed much, or is it just a new set of Poke's with 8 new gyms?

Awesome graphics, quicker play, and holding a buttong (B) when you throw a ball helps! The pokemon are getting lamer names... But in Diamond/Pearl you can get every single pokemon in the game. So don't complain =p

• 4 weeks later...

Finally won the Cool Master rank super contest with my Gallade. I started about two weeks ago when I noticed that the Kirlia I evolved had a nature that made spicy poffins extra effective and ended up with four cool moves when it got Psycho Cut. The first three levels were a breeze because I maxed coolness right away (and learned how to make lvl 25+ poffins, enough to match any stat with the right nature in the process). However, when I entered the Master rank contest I noticed that you need very good accessories to score well enough on the first part of the contest, so I spent two weeks farming berries for items like the spotlight and the cape.

Now I'm off to the battle tower with:

Gyarados (Adamant): Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Taunt, Earthquake

Weezing (Bold): Pain Split, Explosion, Toxic, Sludge Bomb

Starmie (Timid): Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Psychic

I've been ev training a swellow. Yes you may call me crazy :-X

Just for kicks: My friend has 625 hours on his pokemon Pearl. That means 100 hours a month since he got it(approximately)

He is a beast. He's a ridiculously good ev trainer and breeder.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

i've been playing over 100 hours on my diamond. i have every legendary, and somehow beat the E4 with a 50+ team. also there is a 2nd shiny stone its north of the battle tower. *i think* u need rock climb to get it.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

^ I don't think you can get every legendary yet...

Finally won the Cool Master rank super contest with my Gallade. I started about two weeks ago when I noticed that the Kirlia I evolved had a nature that made spicy poffins extra effective and ended up with four cool moves when it got Psycho Cut. The first three levels were a breeze because I maxed coolness right away (and learned how to make lvl 25+ poffins, enough to match any stat with the right nature in the process). However, when I entered the Master rank contest I noticed that you need very good accessories to score well enough on the first part of the contest, so I spent two weeks farming berries for items like the spotlight and the cape.

Mega ultra congrats!

Try cute next time. Chansey: Protect, Frustration, Return, ??? Really good, and easy. In cute, the people don't worry about fighting. Cool is balanced. Tough is the fighting, smart is dance, I think. Not sure about beauty... Maybe looks? :ohnoes:

oh, you can get every legendary... it takes "creativity"... and by that i mean hax.

what really is annoying is the people that claim to have an 'elite group/clan' in the game, but really they just hack a nearly invincible team to win.

as for the pokeventure... just team-building

As much as I hate Pokemon, I have a copy of yellow for long trips. I'd rather have red or blue, because I hate Pikachu with a fiery passion. It'd be fine if the damned thing grew up to be a Richu, but nooooooooooooooooooooo.

But yeah, I haven't played in years.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

As much as I hate Pokemon, I have a copy of yellow for long trips. I'd rather have red or blue, because I hate Pikachu with a fiery passion. It'd be fine if the damned thing grew up to be a Richu, but nooooooooooooooooooooo.

But yeah, I haven't played in years.

Use a thunderstone on it if you really don't want a Pikachu :)

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

oh, you can get every legendary... it takes "creativity"... and by that i mean hax.

what really is annoying is the people that claim to have an 'elite group/clan' in the game, but really they just hack a nearly invincible team to win.

as for the pokeventure... just team-building

Well only game you don't need to hack for all legendaries is Red, Blue and Green and thats because of the mew glitch.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I wish I'd've remembered to go for a female starter... Or at the very least a Turtwig... Piplup is alright I guess, but Torterra looks like it'd be a monster at any stage of the game.

I wish I'd've remembered to go for a female starter... Or at the very least a Turtwig... Piplup is alright I guess, but Torterra looks like it'd be a monster at any stage of the game.

i dont think torterra could beat the elitefour single handedly. empoleon can at the very least level 65

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Funny thing. I bought the game when it came out and never played it (pearl). So now I restarted the game i had (At the fourth gym) and am now going to actually beat it and make a good team.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I was desperately hoping there'd be a thread like this. :thumbup:

First question: does anyone have any experience with the Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up combo? (Mawile is the most popular user of this, though she's generally better as a Baton Passer.) I'm in disagreement with my brother over a moveset for a Hippowdon; I say that Stockpile - Swallow - Spit Up - Earthquake would be best if I could get it EVs in Def and Sp. Def and Baton Pass it some Sp. Att, but he says Earthquake - Fissure - Rest - Sleep Talk takes the most advantage of Hippowdon's tank-like Def and HP.

I'd also like to try the Stockpile combo simply because it's original - I'd much prefer to try something new. If Stockpile turns out to be a waste of time, though, I'd like to know in advance so that I don't bust my butt getting a Mawile and training it up to 46 to breed with Hippopotas.

Any thoughts?

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

First question: does anyone have any experience with the Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up combo? (Mawile is the most popular user of this, though she's generally better as a Baton Passer.) I'm in disagreement with my brother over a moveset for a Hippowdon; I say that Stockpile - Swallow - Spit Up - Earthquake would be best if I could get it EVs in Def and Sp. Def and Baton Pass it some Sp. Att, but he says Earthquake - Fissure - Rest - Sleep Talk takes the most advantage of Hippowdon's tank-like Def and HP.

I'd also like to try the Stockpile combo simply because it's original - I'd much prefer to try something new. If Stockpile turns out to be a waste of time, though, I'd like to know in advance so that I don't bust my butt getting a Mawile and training it up to 46 to breed with Hippopotas.

Any thoughts?

Looking for a unique setup for him? This is the one I personally run:

Stockpile

Slack Off

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Note that Fissure is banned from the metagame, and Stockpile isnt the best setup in the game, sure you'll get some defense boosts, but Hippow doesn't have good special attack capabilites. So basically, your setup beats his badly. Spit up and Swallow are horrible moves, purely because they use your stockpiles, and effectively kill your defenses, which is what Hippow is about.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I hit 100 hours today, I was breeding chimchars, hoping for a 20+/31/20+/31/20+/31 IV spread.

I think I've bred over 200 chimchars, but no luck, but I'll get one eventually.

Small note, if you get any with 31 IV in ANY area, keep it for breeding out the best IV's you can get. Then work with those, raising your stats selectively. I spent a month building a Hippowdon with a good tank nature, a male gender, and 31/31/31/28/31/31 IV spread, which I cloned through the GTS and promptly traded for some rare berries and a NYPC Lickilicki with the following moves:

Wish

Heal Bell

Me First

Explosion(STABed power!!!)

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Any thoughts?

Looking for a unique setup for him? This is the one I personally run:

Stockpile

Slack Off

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Note that Fissure is banned from the metagame, and Stockpile isnt the best setup in the game, sure you'll get some defense boosts, but Hippow doesn't have good special attack capabilites. So basically, your setup beats his badly. Spit up and Swallow are horrible moves, purely because they use your stockpiles, and effectively kill your defenses, which is what Hippow is about.

Oof, didn't know Fissure was banned - I suppose it makes sense, though.

So Stockpile doesn't need Spit Up or Swallow to use? Nice. I was wondering about Slack Off but I wasn't sure whether I would need it if Swallow would work.

Thanks for the help, again. I'll get on breeding then. ;)

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose