~PokeVentures

RayOxide

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Ok, I'm having a problem catching spiritbomb. Now, I know I have to get the keystone and put it in the tower (which I have done) and I have to talk to 32 people underground (I have talked to one person 32 times by going to talk to them then going into my base and switching all the time).

I wonder if the way I did the talk to 31 people part is correct, and where exactly I must go to catch/see this pokemon (Do i just examine the hollow tower?)

Edit: nevermind. I read an article, and found out i did it all wrong. Is there a trainer that has it somewhere? I really would like to complet my pokedex.

You shoudl've done it right.... :-s

Go to the underground and check your stats. It should say how many people you have talked to. After that...you just run around the tower thing(Where you put the keystone) he should appear.

[/hide]

I checked on a FAQs and it said that talking to the merchants underground dosen't count and it should be player's or something.

Regardless, I could care less about catching it as when I get the national pokedex (Just need to see one lake legendary and beat elite four), I will just get sableye (sp?).

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

...why? It has inferior stats and an inferior move pool, and you already have two ghosts on your team...

Cynthia has it when you fight her at the end of the Elite 4. I think she leads with it. The game is designed in such a way that if you've fought all the trainers you'll have seen all you need to get the national dex.

yup cynthia has it and leads with it. i have one too lvl 1. i have 4 spiritombs lol. 2 guys and 2 girls.

GIVE ME ONE

But seriously, I have an odd keystone set in and my base in a convenient place but I can't get Spiritomb. Why? Because DS Wireless blows. Only one person in my area plays D/P, and they're never available, so I'm not able to do it. Sinnoh Underground would have been more fun WiFi anyway, but they just had to make it Wireless and force me to suck it up and go without a Spiritomb until I can find time to force my friend into a corner during a free period and pokemon out. Grr.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

Cynthia has it when you fight her at the end of the Elite 4. I think she leads with it. The game is designed in such a way that if you've fought all the trainers you'll have seen all you need to get the national dex.

yup cynthia has it and leads with it. i have one too lvl 1. i have 4 spiritombs lol. 2 guys and 2 girls.

GIVE ME ONE

But seriously, I have an odd keystone set in and my base in a convenient place but I can't get Spiritomb. Why? Because DS Wireless blows. Only one person in my area plays D/P, and they're never available, so I'm not able to do it. Sinnoh Underground would have been more fun WiFi anyway, but they just had to make it Wireless and force me to suck it up and go without a Spiritomb until I can find time to force my friend into a corner during a free period and pokemon out. Grr.

why not just get a sableye

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

GIVE ME ONE

HAH, that piece of junk? It's ability causes it to always go last(has a few tactical advantages), average, if even, stats, an edgy movepool, and the only selling factor is his 'no weakness'?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

GIVE ME ONE

HAH, that piece of junk? It's ability causes it to always go last(has a few tactical advantages), average, if even, stats, an edgy movepool, and the only selling factor is his 'no weakness'?

thats ONE of its abilities it other is keen eye, prevents loss of accuracy ok i'll admit spiritomb stats are a little better then sableyes but not that much better to say that spiritomb is better. sableye may be weaker stat wise but at least he can fight back with more then a bunch of measely ghost and dark moves

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

As much as I hate Pokemon, I have a copy of yellow for long trips. I'd rather have red or blue, because I hate Pikachu with a fiery passion. It'd be fine if the damned thing grew up to be a Richu, but nooooooooooooooooooooo.

But yeah, I haven't played in years.

Lol. :lol:

I play Pokemon when I'm bored, usually the older games on my Game Boy SP. I wish I had a DS though. I would be able to get Diamond and Pearl. They sound really fun. :(

thats ONE of its abilities it other is keen eye, prevents loss of accuracy ok i'll admit spiritomb stats are a little better then sableyes but not that much better to say that spiritomb is better. sableye may be weaker stat wise but at least he can fight back with more then a bunch of measely ghost and dark moves

Sableye base stats:

50 HP / 75 Atk / 75 Def / 65 SAtk / 65 SDef / 50 Spd

Spiritomb base stats:

50 HP / 92 Atk / 108 Def / 92 SAtk / 108 SDef / 35 Spd

Only stat advantage Sableye has is in speed, but move sets are also important. A popular move set for Spiritomb is sucker punch, pursuit, pain split, and will-o-wisp. With that moveset it can beat any ghost or psychic type Pokemon with little trouble. Pain split is there to keep it alive, and will-o-wisp to burn any sweepers.

You can also make an offensive Spiritomb with hypnosis, shadow ball, hidden power (Fighting) and nasty plot or calm mind. Shadow ball and hidden power will take care of pretty much any Pokemon in the game, and you've got hypnosis to take care of anything that can cause problems. Nasty plot/calm mind are there to boost your power even more.

Sableye has a nice support moveset, will-o-wisp, knock off, recover, and either seismic toss or night shade. Burn your opponent, prevent the use of their items, and use recover to stay alive. Seismic toss/night shade to dish out consistent damage with no need for a nasty plot.

If you want an offensive build, hidden power (Fighting) dark pulse or shadow ball, recover, and nasty plot. But Spiritomb has the superior stats and outclasses Sableye in this area.

Just caught myself a *nasty* Wobuffet in the Cerulean dungeon that I immediately transferred to Diamond for EV training and battle tower purposes:

Wobuffet, Calm (lvl 55), HP Ghost 62

IVs: 27/28/29/31/7/6

Shame about the low Def and Speed, but triple near-flawless and one flawless with a very viable nature nonetheless \'

Just caught myself a *nasty* Wobuffet in the Cerulean dungeon that I immediately transferred to Diamond for EV training and battle tower purposes:

Wobuffet, Calm (lvl 55), HP Ghost 62

IVs: 27/28/29/31/7/6

Shame about the low Def and Speed, but triple near-flawless and one flawless with a very viable nature nonetheless \'

Isn't Wobuffet banned from WiFi under the Ubers list? :? Won't be a problem if that's not what you're using him for but if you were planning to, beware.

And yeah, Caxis pretty much covered the reason why Spiritomb is better. That's not the reason I want one, though. I wanted one because they're rare, they're Ghost (I have a soft spot for ghosts), and come on, he looks really cool.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

Yeah, I know Wobuffet is considered uber, but I don't even have Wifi so I don't really have to worry about it. The only thing I'm going to use him for will be the Battle Tower and breeding myself a Gastrobuffet (Gastrodon with Mirror Coat and Counter bred on, probably Surf and Recover as the final two moves). I really wonder how exchanging instant trapping and Encore for better defenses and a recovery move will work out...

~edit: Hatched this two minutes ago: 27/11/25/9/31/20

Certainly not a bad start... too bad it's Adamant :?