Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From personal experience, several girls claim to be 'bi'.

Really its just some sort of fad trying to impress the guys so she can make out with another girl and become popular.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Really its just some sort of fad trying to impress the guys so she can make out with another girl and become popular.

basically, but that only enforces what I said that sexual preference is controlled by culture. In a different culture where guys wouldnt find that to be hot no girl would ever do that.

Except for the ones that are legitimately bisexual.

basically, but that only enforces what I said that sexual preference is controlled by culture. In a different culture where guys wouldnt find that to be hot no girl would ever do that.

Except for the ones that are legitimately bisexual.

Agreed. Really, it's doesn't matter, since it's not possible for someone to have the ability (or the right) to decide if someone is "honestly" bisexual.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

You dont have to be bisexual to think that. Kinda like saying "believing in a God is natural" doesnt mean you believe in God. Also I would like to point out that the naturally bisexual claim is backed by Freud - whether or not you find him to be a reliable source is a debate in itself.

Of course you don't have to be bisexual to say that. I'm just saying what my biased and skewed experience has been thus far. :P

Now that that is established, to objectively say that Homosexuality is wrong is a cultural and moral argument. No matter how elegant and well thought our your argument is you will NOT change someones opinion on a moral issue, as you are fighting with their family, culture, religion, etc. rather then just them. For that reason I declare this to be a troll topic that I will not put anymore replies on [added to my ever growing do-no-reply list]

Now this is something I deeply disagree with. The fact that you (not specifically you, just in general) are too close-minded to go against your religion or what your family has taught you does not mean nobody will ever change opinions. And there's also a lot of people that don't have a fixed opinion yet. At least, it would be for them that these debates are most useful, even if you are unable or unwilling change yours.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

It will save a lot of time (and server space) if people agreed to disagree though.

However, when somone takes action based on their disagreements, it becomes an issue.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins" as one prominent US Supreme Court Justice put it.

It will save a lot of time (and server space) if people agreed to disagree though.

However, when somone takes action based on their disagreements, it becomes an issue.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins" as one prominent US Supreme Court Justice put it.

Yes let's now argue legal rights over justice, timing, and trolls.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yes let's now argue legal rights over justice, timing, and trolls.

He has an important point. I think that the topic of the thread should just be changed to "Homosexuality: Discuss" instead of right or wrong. It's stupid to have such a detailed and interesting topic on human rights and the failings of modern religious morality and pretend that the only thing we care about is whether or not Jesus thinks it's OK, and whether or not the people that believe that are idiots.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Fair enough.

From this post on, let this thread be known as the Debate, Arguing, and Wit thread. Or DAW for short.

siggy3s.jpg

Fair enough.

From this post on, let this thread be known as the Debate, Arguing, and Wit thread. Or DAW for short.

I still think that it should be about homosexuality, but I don't believe that it should be constrained by something so restrictive as "right or wrong".

I merely suggested this since it seems to bother people a lot when one strays off-topic in their posting.

I think only the gays should be able to post. yay for elitism. We got like 8 gays, and like 35 closet cases.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yea. It comes automatically with most web browsers. Surely you've used it a few times, don't lie.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Unfortunately, I have not. I guess I understand why people hate on IE so much now.

Lol, not IE. The gaydar broke in that, and made the entire browser gay.

I love how bonkers is the only one who doesn't get flamed for saying "gay" as an insult. I guess it's sort of obvious why, though.

No offense, bonkers. <---- See, it sort of is like an insult, so i need to apologize. <_<

Very fitting. Especially since I am the one winning this thread. (141 posts, with Bonkers coming in at second with 99)

We got like 8 gays, and like 35 closet cases.

Who is a closet? No naming names in a negative light though, so use avatars as an identifier.

I love how bonkers is the only one who doesn't get flamed for saying "gay" as an insult. I guess it's sort of obvious why, though.

No offense, bonkers. <---- See, it sort of is like an insult, so i need to apologize. <_<

I was waiting for someone to point that out.

Very fitting. Especially since I am the one winning this thread. (141 posts, with Bonkers coming in at second with 99)

We got like 8 gays, and like 35 closet cases.

Who is a closet? No naming names in a negative light though, so use avatars as an identifier.

That post was said light heartedly. I mean there might be one or two, I was going to say "see Off-topic top posters for proof" but forgot to add it in. [garden tool]-hum.