Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

I've said it before and i'll say it again, homosexuality is a private act between two consenting adults, and only religion could find a problem with that.

Of course, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I do find people who talk about homosexuality as if it's some grave moral sin as mildy disgusting. What gives you the right to judge them?

@Goddess: Forgive me if i'm gravely misinterpretating Freud here, but wouldn't the conclusion therefore be that homosexuality is somehow the desired state? What I mean is, if a lot of homosexuals developed that way because they didn't go suppressed by their father, and spent a lot of time with their mother (as they desire) and hence develop her characteristics isn't that what they want? Or is it that they simply crave someone like their mother to have a relationship with in future life, and hence heterosexuality is the desired state?

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you all this:

(1) Seeing as two guys having sex won't create a baby, why even do it in the first place? and why even have two guys in a relationship or married if they aren't going to have any children?

For pleasure, you might say? thats just sick. (2) It is just not natural.

(1) Why have sex wearing a condom? It's not going to (for the most part) create a baby. We're to the point in society where sex is mostly for pleasure and intimacy rather than impregnation.

(2) So you find it sick because it's not natural? How would you react if I said that a concept such as marriage is sick because it's not natural? You'd think I'm nuts. We should be rutting around spreading our seed with as many women as possible if we want to be a sucessful species. It's just that a concept such as marriage is socially accepted where as homosexuality, for the most part, is not. It's got nothing to do with being natural or not. That's just an excuse to deny two consenting adults consent to a private act which doesn't harm you in any way.

Let me ask you all this:

(1) Seeing as two guys having sex won't create a baby, why even do it in the first place? and why even have two guys in a relationship or married if they aren't going to have any children?

(1) Why have sex wearing a condom? It's not going to (for the most part) create a baby. We're to the point in society where sex is not mostly for pleasure and intimacy rather than impregnation.

(2) So you find it sick because it's not natural? How would you react if I said that a concept such as marriage is sick because it's not natural? You'd think I'm nuts. We should be rutting around spreading our seed with as many women as possible if we want to be a sucessful species. It's just that a concept such as marriage is socially accepted where as homosexuality, for the most part, is not. It's got nothing to do with being natural or not. That's just an excuse to deny two consenting adults consent to a private act which doesn't harm you in any way.

And to add to your point warri0r, dwarfdude, saying that homosexuality "isn't natural" is just plain ignorant, homosexuality has been observed in many animal species.

There's often a silly misinterpretation of Darwinism that anything that doesn't propogate your genes as fast as possible is bad for the species, when in reality it's far from that simple.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Let me ask you all this:

(1) Why have sex wearing a condom? It's not going to (for the most part) create a baby. We're to the point in society where sex is not mostly for pleasure and intimacy rather than impregnation.

And to add to your point warri0r, dwarfdude, saying that homosexuality "isn't natural" is just plain ignorant, homosexuality has been observed in many animal species.

There's often a silly misinterpretation of Darwinism that anything that doesn't propogate your genes as fast as possible is bad for the species, when in reality it's far from that simple.

So I've heard, but never personally looked into it. Pretty interesting. I'll have to give it a few minutes of googling. :P

Let me ask you all this:

Seeing as two guys having sex won't create a baby, why even do it in the first place? and why even have two guys in a relationship or married if they aren't going to have any children?

For pleasure, you might say? thats just sick. It is just not natural.

I'll answer your questions by mirroring your post.

Seeing as oral, anal, and protected sex won't create a baby, why do it in the first place? And why should anyone be freinds with anyone if they aren't going to have any children?

People play football for pleasure? That's just sick. It is not natural

1z2zrwo.jpg

Dwarfdude and johntm, do you seriously think being a homosexual is a choice? Are you honestly telling me that you could go out one night and be just as attracted to a guy as you are to a girl because you want to?! Being gay isn't a choice, it's entwined deeply into your minds, just like being straight. You can't help who you're attracted to, and it's horrible that people like you two give gays [cabbage] about it. And I can't count how many times I've heard the "it's not natural" and "God doesn't want it" arguments. There are documented cases of homosexual animals, and show me where in the bible that it says two men or women can't be together and truly love each other.

I personally have nothing against homosexuals. I know enough of them and I'm good friends with many. They act like any other woman/guy, of course they are just attracted to the same sex.

In my opinion; love is love. If 2 women/men love each other, then fair enough.

Let me ask you all this:

Seeing as two guys having sex won't create a baby, why even do it in the first place? and why even have two guys in a relationship or married if they aren't going to have any children?

For pleasure, you might say? thats just sick. It is just not natural.

Having sex just isn't about making babies, ya know. You will learn this :wink:

But who cares if two guys are going at it? If they want to be that way, let them. It's probably natural for them..

Exactly, if having sex for pleasure is wrong, tell that to every couple using condoms etc whilst having sex. They do it for the same reason homosexuals do it; for pleasure.

:/

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Its not a choice, and it's thier own life. So who are we to judge them?

Anyway, isn't it better for two same sex people to be in love and togeter with each other then two opposite sex people to hate each other but still be together?

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

There are documented cases of homosexual animals, and show me where in the bible that it says two men or women can't be together and truly love each other.

There is a passage somewhere, and though I can't be bothered to dig for the exact reference now, it goes something like: "Let no man lie with another man, and no woman lie with a beast."

It doesn't specifically forbid girl-on-girl...

There are documented cases of homosexual animals, and show me where in the bible that it says two men or women can't be together and truly love each other.

There is a passage somewhere, and though I can't be bothered to dig for the exact reference now, it goes something like: "Let no man lie with another man, and no woman lie with a beast."

But to be fair, the bible was not written by 'God' - it was written by ordinary men many years ago. So how would you know that that is 'God's' try feeling toward such a topic. It's simply men inflicting their own opinion on a book that so many follow nowadays. :|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

You could get HIV/AIDS if you... you know. Two guys :-X :ohnoes:

It's true ignorance like this that creates homophobia. What do you think, being around a homosexual will give you HIV? HIV Is a virus that has just evolved and become wide spread. It's not like Each time two guys or two girls get it on HIV is created, thats abssured. Please come back when you have a base understanding of Diseases.

Oh, on topic, All Homosexuals are fine in my book.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I don't think there is any argument that justifies any prejudice or discrimination against it which can't be shown to be wrong.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I used to be a Chrisitian, and I will never homosexuality as a choice for my own sexuality, but one of the reasons I stopped being a Christian (not the only one, don't worry) is because of the discrimination against homosexuals in the Christian community. Sure, if people ask you, let them know your beliefs, but if they don't want to know, butt the hell out.

Basically I get really frustrated with anyone who discriminates against gays. I could never be attracted to a man, but if people are attracted to people from the same sex as them, it's their business.

Just a note, I believe homosexuality is a choice.

Same here I used to be a Christian but then I realised that there cannot be a God because he isn't fair on some people. And as you mentioned I got sick of Christians discriminating homosexuals.

MOT: I think homosexuality is acceptable, they aren't hurting you, all they are trying to do is live a happy life like everyone else.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

What do you think da Pope and Jesus used to release thier pleasures? :lol:

No matter how you see it, homosexuals shouldn't be discriminated.

If it's a choice, then respect their opinion. We don't see people hating people who like Wild Hogs instead of Norbit, or pasta instead of pizza. Its just immature to insult people's opinions.

If you're born with it, then don't discriminate them. Do we discriminate handicapped people? Mentally ill people? No, then why should we do on homosexuals.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yes i think it's wrong, disgusting etc. but it's their choice. I'm not against it but i hate it. I think people are gay/[bleep] because-

1. They want attention. :roll:

2. They can't get love from the opposite gender.

3. They feel like it.

4. They're not a christian.

You are so wrong on all your 'points' but one (for me).

I'm bisexual, and guess what? No one in real life knows. How is that craving attention?

I feel like it? OK, I woke up when I was young and went 'OK, I'll be bi for the rest of my life!'

I'm not Christian? You're right on that one.

ozXHe7P.png

Forum Brutality ftw? :roll:

So many people just running around insulting each others views with "i'm intelligent" sticky notes attached to their heads.

Its funny you guys say not to discrimate homosexuality (and I agree) but you certainly believe in deiscrimating someone elses view.

I'm christian, Homosexuality in my eyes is wrong, and no i'm not ignorant to the facts you guys present and still maintain the same view.

You guys should really lay off the soda.. -.-

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Gosh calm down i edited my post.

Not like editing your post is going to change your opinion on this.

Please, read warri0r's post on the science of the matter. I'd go into the ehthical points about people killing themselves over being homosexual, or being killed for being homosexual, but if you can't accept the clear hard data and facts, you definitely won't accept any anecdotes about homosexuals suffering for their sexual preference that I have to show you.

Defender, there's nothing wrong with "discriminating against someone's personal view" if that personal view is blatantly and pathetically wrong. If we didn't, no one would ever learn anything, you know? Whether it's nature or nurture, people come to have a set sexual preference before they're consciously able to choose it.

Though, what are your reasons for finding homosexuality "wrong", other than your religion?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Gosh calm down i edited my post.

Not like editing your post is going to change your opinion on this.

Please, read warri0r's post on the science of the matter. I'd go into the ehthical points about people killing themselves over being homosexual, or being killed for being homosexual, but if you can't accept the clear hard data and facts, you definitely won't accept any anecdotes about homosexuals suffering for their sexual preference that I have to show you.

Defender, there's nothing wrong with "discriminating against someone's personal view" if that personal view is blatantly and pathetically wrong. If we didn't, no one would ever learn anything, you know? Whether it's nature or nurture, people come to have a set sexual preference before they're consciously able to choose it.

Though, what are your reasons for finding homosexuality "wrong", other than your religion?

Being the devils advocate, who would decide that? This is only a forum. And second, isn't discrimating anything in itself wrong?

Well I got to get back to work, be back later on tonight..

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I believe it's a brain disorder, and they have no choice over it. however, they can control who they have intercourse with. But frankly, I dont really care if people are gay or not. As long as they dont put the moves on me.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif