johntm

Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

Gays are just fine with me. If it makes them happy, why not. To all of you that are against it because of religion I have a question for you, if god loves everyone, just because they are his children, why would he hate gays?

Because it is "wrong" :twss:

Pertend your God, and you spend all your time raising a child (Mankind), and your child does something wrong; would you be so heartless as to shun him and hate him?

Yes, because it isn't "the way God meant it to be" :twss:

You're just being stupid now.

Blame the smiley.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

And I think it would be best if we didn't start throwing the words "homosexual" and "pedophile" together in the same topic...

Yea sorry I got some of my wires crossed I was thinking of a different thing.

First of all, being gay (or being a priest for that matter) does not make you a pedophile.

Never said it did.

What you mentioned was an instance of pedophilia in the Catholic Church that got HUGE amount of negative publicity. And now because of it, you automatically think gay priest -> pedophile.

Can you tell me where I even hinted at that?

Just because one priest engaged in sexual acts with an underaged boy does not mean all priests (albeit gay or not) are pedophiles.

Again I never said that.

(Psst just to put it out there so people will stop making fake assumptions of me; I DO NOT think priests are gay and also I DO NOT think gay priests are paedophiles. IF I am wrong I will admit it though.)

Oh, okay okay. I'll admit I jumped the gun with that one. I thought you were trying to be a smartass >.> I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you. I take back what I said, and agree with Mirage's statement.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Gays are just fine with me. If it makes them happy, why not. To all of you that are against it because of religion I have a question for you, if god loves everyone, just because they are his children, why would he hate gays?

Because it is "wrong" :twss:

Pretend your God, and you spend all your time raising a child (Mankind), and your child does something wrong; would you be so heartless as to shun him and hate him?

Yes, because it isn't "the way God meant it to be" :twss:

But God is a Benevolent force :twss: and your not, you make a bad God >.<

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

i honastly can't even think of one logical argument why gay marrage should not be allowed.

[hide=bible]most people will sight levictus 22-18 (or 18-22 can't remember which) as why being gay is sinful. the problem is this text is 2000 years old and most of its rules are out dated, such as stoneing adulterers ect. so this should have no weight when discussing the legality of an action.

if all els fails the great book never actualy says anywhere that women marrying or lying with another women is sinful.[/hide]

[hide=traditional marrage]most people preach that the sanctity or tradition view of marrage should be protected. this is a fluid deffinition at best and depends on your relligion ect and has changed many times over the mellenia. the traditiona view of marrage at one point was that the women should only, clean, cook, raise children, and it was even conisdered a crime at one point for a married women to deny their male partners sexual urges.

and theres also that anoying little line at the end "till death do us part"

strangely no one preaching traditional views of marrage mention these points.[/hide]

[hide=reproduction]i saw this several times in this thread and it just made me laugh. some people are saying that because they can't reproduce then this is reason enough. by this same definition people who are infertile, either through nature or sergery, should also not be allowed the right to marry and that anal and oral sex should be illegal, as well as condomes because it does not help with reproduction. and lets face it the world is overpopulated enough.[/hide]

[hide=STD's]ignorance is bliss. heterosexuals acually pass on more diseases then homosexuals. and the fact that some diseases are transmited by blood contact and not seminal fluid.[/hide]

[hide=nature]the first few pages of this thread are pretty much devoted entirly to disproving that this is unnatural. and states that other species do engadge in homosexual intercourse.[/hide]

all that i can think of for now i'm sure there will be others. in short gay marrage should be legal or at least provide an alternative that gives the same benefits as marrage so that all parties will be happy.

have to go to work so did this in a rush sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Howlin0001, I just want to clarify that I wasn't meaning to say you were making any sort of connection between homosexuality and pedophilia - I know you weren't.

I was only suggesting we drop the subject of pedophlilia in this particular topic, because it could lead to... um... what it's lead to.

Cheers!

- - -

in short gay marrage should be legal or at least provide an alternative that gives the same benefits as marrage so that all parties will be happy.

This... bah.

Society is so weird. It's all about protecting the "sanctity" of marriage, as if marriage is a person with feelings. Marriage is a concept.

Providing an alternative to marriage, that has the same benefits as marriage, IS marriage. You can't call it anything else!

Besides, some states already legalized civil unions, and that didn't stop gay people from wanting to get married.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

You wanna maintain the "Sanctity" of marriges???

Make Divorces Illegal. You cannot Remarry unless your lifelong partner dies.

there sanctity restored. :roll:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with homesexuality. If they are both happy being homesexual, then sure, i'm fine with that.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I don't see anything wrong with homosexuality. If they are both happy being homosexual, then sure, I'm fine with that.

I agree.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

You wanna maintain the "Sanctity" of marriges???

Make Divorces Illegal. You cannot Remarry unless your lifelong partner dies.

there sanctity restored. :roll:

Now that's a good point.

I'm not sure, but in America isn't the divorce rate for Heterosexual marriages somewhere in the 40-50% bracket? Yet when Homosexual marriages are being discussed about legalization everyone wants to retain the "sanctity" of marriage. Considering then, 1 of 2 people who will argue this according to statistics will have their marriage fall apart, is that really a point you can argue with?

IMO it's a load of hypocritical crap.

It does have to be taken into consideration that some divorces are necessary.

My parents just recently split up, after 23+ years of marriage. Their decision was based off of legitimate reasons, and a decades-worth of marital problems.

There's a major difference between that, and people like Britney Spears and Kevin Federline breaking up - their marriage was a sham - he really just wanted to be able to say that he was married to Britney Spears. This is breaking the "sanctity of marriage," even though I don't hold in the belief of such a thing.

Marriage is just a legal way to document the love between two people.

No one should be denied the ability to get fully, and legally married. (MARRIED! No "civil unions," please.)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Homosexuality: Right or Wrong? or completely unimportant?

Tbh, I couldn't care less where people are gay or not.

Let them be is the way i look at it, its a choice they made and who the hell am I to question it?

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

gaymarriagehz5.gif

I'm all for gay marriage and I'm certainly not going to say that homosexuality is wrong. Who am I to say that one's beliefs are wrong?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Marriage is just a legal way to document the love between two people.

No, it's not.

Agreed, especially in traditionalist and conservative societies, marriage often has absolutely nothing to do with love. The partners can even loathe each other, but either family is forced to go through because of economic pressure or arrangements agreed upon over a decade ago, etc.

More accurately it would be two people basically "sharing" life, across all cultures, regardless of them loving each other or not.

In a lot of non-arranged marriages though, especially in western countries, the major motive is love between two people instead of any other reason. Other reasons can include legally being able to adopt a child, recieving certain benefits in society, etc.

If you're gay, you deserve the right to a gay old time.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

If you're gay, you deserve the right to a gay old time.

YABBA DABBA DOO!

... I'll be quiet now. :<

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Anyone who's against gay marriage should go hand out with some real gay people. Not the fruity guys on TV. Real hardworking men who live lonely lives because of society's prejudices. It's very sad.

Anyone who's against gay marriage should go hand out with some real gay people. Not the fruity guys on TV. Real hardworking men who live lonely lives because of society's prejudices. It's very sad.

If they're too afraid to stand up for what they believe in then why should anyone be expected to be sympathetic?

If they're too afraid to stand up for what they believe in then why should anyone be expected to be sympathetic?

Exactly. win.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Where did I say they didn't stand up for what they believe in? I honestly have no idea how you got that from what I said.

Here's a gay guy's opinion on the recent developments in California.

The people voted, the court has no right to turn it over.

Gay Marriage is an issue I don't discuss, I consider it third-rail (but then again, I consider abortion third-rail). But as a gay man, I would be perfectly fine with Civil Unions with the same rights and adoption rights. Gay activists should be working in every state for Civil Union rights, rather than worrying about marriage. I wouldn't oppose Gay Marriage if it were legal, but I wouldn't support it either.

Here's a gay guy's opinion on the recent developments in California.

The people voted, the court has no right to turn it over.

Gay Marriage is an issue I don't discuss, I consider it third-rail (but then again, I consider abortion third-rail). But as a gay man, I would be perfectly fine with Civil Unions with the same rights and adoption rights. Gay activists should be working in every state for Civil Union rights, rather than worrying about marriage. I wouldn't oppose Gay Marriage if it were legal, but I wouldn't support it either.

Wait a second, you lost me there. :? What is the difference between marriage and civil unions with the same rights and adoption rights [as marriage]? Aren't you advocating the exact same thing, but with a different name? Or is marriage forcefully tied to religion?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Where did I say they didn't stand up for what they believe in? I honestly have no idea how you got that from what I said.

http://daywithoutagay.org/

I'm kinda confused to.

It's not that people don't stand up, it's because they can't. The church and extremist views have crushed gays by saying it's a sin. Not only that, but legally, gays can be fired for being gay, they are still not allowed to give blood, not to mention the other countless "side affects" that come with legally being gay.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Wait a second, you lost me there. :? What is the difference between marriage and civil unions with the same rights and adoption rights [as marriage]?

The difference between marriage and civil unions. A Civil Union is so called, and can be or does not have to be recognised by a church (should you wish to hold your ceremony there). There is little difference except the fact that a Civil Union is not called a Marriage. I don't care about Gay Marriage, it's a huge distraction filled with tons of controversy, whereas Civil Unions are no where near as controversial, and they offer the same rights as a marriage. I don't understand why people are fighting for marriage in a state where there are Civil Unions, when there are states without Civil Unions.