I'm starting High School Yikes!

Lemeja

U have no clue how my school is a harder high school then yours, its in alot more then one building, hey if u get alot of good connections nothing bad will happen... not that any thing has happened to me, mine are ever out of state.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have until September the 4th to contemplate and imagine all the horrors waiting for me in my freshmen year. The '9th grade beatdown', getting lost in school, teachers and the big one: HOMEWORK.

What were your thoughts when you first started high school or, for those of you who're also becoming freshmen, what do you expect? I really need some advice from some of the older peeps :ohnoes: :uhh:

Well, I will share with you my whole freshman experience(9 days and counting)

It is not as bad as you think. People at high schools are like wasps, don't bug them and they won't bug you.

Getting lost is an issue for 2-5 days. You will be fine, just don't ask anyone but a teacher for directions. If you can keep a small map and class schedule. You don't want to be in the wrong room when class starts.

Now this week has been awesome, I get to hang out with friends more than I used to and the oh so wonderful freedom.

High School FTW>

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Think of the good things about highschool, new friends? new teachers?(had 1.5 bad ones, had to switch out of one, other was a sub, both gave me depresion.)

My pure's stats:

Startin high scool on august 30th

The only thing i expect is alot of buget cuts. They're building a new middle school, and now the high scool gets the old middle school. Since they were right next to each other, they're gonna be doing alot of building to connect the two schools.....

Oh, and i'm kinda nervous, but only because the school messed up my scedual, and it's gonna be tricky to fix it. As for being bullied, that almost never happens, except for the senior prank. I have alot of friends, and a sister in the high school anyways.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I'm not worried at all, or that could just be the fact taht I know I'll be bigger than most students at my high school (Woot, go anyone taller than 6 feet/72 inches/182.88 centimeters/1.8 meters!). Also, for homework, I procrastinate like a true procrastinator, I procrastinane in procrastinating to procrastinating my homework (I procrastinate on homework). Also, I'm in a special programme that moves through units VERY fast. Hell, the only thing I'm worrying about over school is who's in my classes.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Also, for homework, I procrastinate like a true procrastinator, I procrastinane in procrastinating to procrastinating my homework (I procrastinate on homework).

Indeed. Procrastination was the key to my sanity during high school.

idd Procrastination for the win.

my latin teacher loves that word. 1 for the latin roots and 2 for the fact she knows damn well i do it and gives me aggro for it every single time i hand in a peice of homework which isnt perfectly translated.

Tk5SF.png

Well 9th grade wasen't that hard for me...It's now Junior year that I'm worried about. :ohnoes:

Well lets get back to you. First of all getting lost is somewhat expected in the first day of your new classes and most people get lost. Homework isn't all that bad (depending on which school <.< ). All in all it really depends on how you approach everything.

the_foo_1000.png

2104th to 99 Hunting January 10th 2008

Proud Fan Of The Offspring Since 1998

It's not as bad as you think it will be.

Trust me, it's not.

Considering my graduating class (2007 ftw!) was THE first class in my school district to be placed into 9th grade in High School, even then it wasn't that bad. Yes you may get lost, but the teachers tend to be considerate to the Fresh Meat. Homework can be a problem, just don't get behind on it.

My class was the first class to be Freshmen in High School due to my district had Jr. High, so that was grades 7-9, but when my class was going into 9th grade, they switched the system to Middle School, thus making Middle School grades 6-8. And putting us on the bottom, and not getting to be the top dogs of the Jr. High. But back onto subject, as I said, you may get lost, but then again in a week or so you'll have your classroom locations memorized, clock schedule memorized, and you'll start knowing more about the school grounds and knowing where everything is. So just stay calm and don't fall behind in your studies!

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Tomarrow...Yay, i get to run around finding a lunch table

Hah that always sucks. I've got the 5th and 6th period study hall with open campus first semester so I just take a 2 hour break in the middle of the day to go swim, shower, eat, play video games, or hang out with whoever else has open campus or just skipped class..

High School is awesome to anyone who thinks it will be all scary and stuff believe me it is WAY!!!better than middle school it may be a little scary at first but you will learn to love it!!!!!

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Yeah, being in band kinda helps. If I ever feel lost I just ask a band member (we're everywhere), and when in need of a lunch spot I just go eat in the band room or at the band table. And people don't mess with the band or call them band geeks because we've got some big guys and hardcore moshers in our band. It's pretty awesome. Being a freshman (I started 2 days ago) isn;t near as bad as I was afraid. ::'

sig2.jpg

I FIGURED OUT MY LUNCH TABLES in themiddle of first block... where to sit... something els. Im sitting with 3 ninth gradersanother tenth and a couple 11th

Last lear was cooler, i never talked but we even had a 12th grader(stayed back and know alot of ppl).

My pure's stats:

Everything people say about high school is pretty much a lie.

I'm going into my junior year this year and the only bad thing i have to say about high school is not having any of your friends in your classes.

The teachers are mostly nice. Some are pretty strict but they just want you to succeed.

There is never any hazing or anything like that at my school except for if your friends with the person. But nothing major.

And the homework is seriously not bad at all. The only classes i had homework in were science and math and thats was mainly because i was in the best math and science and i still only had a max of 20 minutes of homework a night. But most days i had none.

And seconds semester i probably only had homework like 10 days.

killa870yt.png

i am going to be a junior next year, and high school has been a lot easier than i thought it would be. i'm taking all IB HL classes, and am going for the IB diploma. even taking all advanced classes, the homework load wasn't as bad as it's rumored to be.

i did get lost though, for about 2 weeks, but then after that, it wasn't a problem either. we also get 7 minutes between classes, versus only 4 minutes in middle school, so there's plenty of time to get to class. 8-)

no worrys. when i started freshmen year i was kinda scared also... on matter who you are, going to a new school is hard. but you'll be with your schools class, other people your are, and your friends more or less. my school isnt about being new and stuff, its mostly about school spirit. go to a few school games, meet as many new people as you can, no matter what happends, having a horde of friends by your side is always goos :P but really make some new friends, no matter if its 1, you'll still have 1 more person on your side. ok, no matter what there is usually 1 or 2 shady persons at every school. and because there isn't alot of them they usually stay in the shadows... usually freshmen have 1 day to get use to the new school, usually like 3 hours or so to get the lay out and such. if you still dont know your way around, i bet you can get a map or something from the main office, i did :D say if you wear something like a RS...something(they really need to open the store with more items dont they :-k) , anything else you like on like your backpack, or shirt, other people will notice you are like them and easier to make friends as you have something in common with them. ya other people might not like it, but who cares? there their way and you are your own way. usually there will only be your grade in each of your classrooms, ya some times there can be held back people or people that need that credit or whatnot, but still it will usually be only your grade.

and dont worry, if you dont like it you got us here at TIF, and RS to back you up :mrgreen: \:D/ :thumbsup:

bender15004robotec6.gif

Please, kill a f2p. From Al Kharid to the edge of the wildy, there begging, whining, noobs.