halo worth buying xbox for?

Myridden

Any FPS is better on a PC. ANY.

Oh i dunno. Just because FPS originated on the PC doesn't mean it's perfect...It gets frustrating to be forced to run my hands across the whole keyboard; controllers are so much easier to use.

No offence, but learn to play.

Having a keyboard and mouse gives you so much more flexibility, mobility and response to something than a controller. Simply: More options, better lay-out.

Your opinion. I started with consoles first (SNES), so I'm better with them. The learning curve is much worse for PC shooters, but its only what I think. Folks with uber pcs and pc games, don't bite my head off.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Paying over $500 in equipment and then $50 to just play one mediocre game?

Why should this question ever pop up?

Your opinion. I started with consoles first (SNES), so I'm better with them. The learning curve is much worse for PC shooters, but its only what I think. Folks with uber pcs and pc games, don't bite my head off.

WSAD + mouse + left click/right click + mouse scroll + shift + Ctrl (crouch).

Thats all I need for an FPS on a PC.

Analog stick 1 + analog stick 2 + A/B button + R trigger/L trigger + X/Y button (weapon switch).

Its the same amount of buttons except on the PC you have much, much more control over everything.

Halo 3 will be on X-Box 360

ONLY the 360

like Gears of War and Halo 2 was ONLY for the xbox and 360?

Yeah because there's a big difference between PC and 360 considering they are both made by the same company...

Let me clear something up for you.

Microsoft makes the 360

Microsoft does not make PCs

Microsoft makes an Operating system that runs on a PC.

Oh and theres a huge difference between what a computer/PC can do and what the 360 can do. Don't argue, because it's common sense.

Urr let me clear something up, Microsoft makes the operating system yes, so a PC game is made to run on Windows, made by microsoft, therefore any PC game is made for microsoft. And don't argue that it's made to run on the Pc because it isn't, why do you think you can't run Windows games on Macs, the operating system..

Yes most games are made to run on Windows because of direct X but that doesn't mean Microsoft makes the games.

Well duh you can't run Windows games on Macs, same with software. Just like you can't run Mac software on the PC. Which can be argued because Macs can run some games that Windows can, such as Doom3, and Quake4 but those are written in OpenGL.

goldenblade995.png

Get a 360, so when ur done with halo 1 and 2, you have options for the future, whereas if u bought an xbox theres no good games coming out for it, if any at all. Also halo is better on the box, not pc...its how halo should be played.

haloshotintheheadgh2.jpg

You are now dead, after the tone please press 3....BEEEP

I boughtmy original xbox for Halo 1. Money well spent. And I went on to buy a 360 for Halo 3, which I assume is going to also be money well spent. :)

Your avatar of Carmine makes me doubt you bought the 360 solely for Halo 3. But regardless, it's money well spent. :thumbsup:

I started on a NES, so I don't really see the point in your arguement there.

That I play have played consoles more, and I'm better with them? Although I'm surprised you've had consoles since NES and still prefer PC shooters. Myself, the first game I ever played on a PC was dunno, probably commander keen or something, after I beat TMNT and donkey kong on the SNES much earlier. I had quite the headache trying to get the hang of Doom and Wolfenstein....

Oh....er....Offtopic much....Did i mention i played halo? :anxious:

He wants to buy Halo, just Halo not Halo 3..god learn to read people he specifically stated "Halo 1 and 2, xbox (not a xbox 360)"

That time of the month again? Calm down kid, it was only a simple mistake. :roll:. How bout I pound you on your "microsoft r competer maek compeny!11" statement? But I won't, cause I'm not a jacka**.

Plus, why would anyone buy an xbox now anyway? Just buy the pc versions and save up to put that money towards one of the current systems or a couple pc games.

I have to agree with pc = better for shooters [and most games, in my opinion]. I find it much easier to control my character, aim, and switch weapons on a pc.

happiehour.jpeg

I boughtmy original xbox for Halo 1. Money well spent. And I went on to buy a 360 for Halo 3, which I assume is going to also be money well spent. :)

I did the same thing. And my thoughts exactly. oooooo (nah lots of people did the same I'm sure)

Im Froto

WE HAVE TO TAKE THE RING TO MOODOOR!

sephiroth.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy 7

That I play have played consoles more, and I'm better with them? Although I'm surprised you've had consoles since NES and still prefer PC shooters. Myself, the first game I ever played on a PC was dunno, probably commander keen or something, after I beat TMNT and donkey kong on the SNES much earlier. I had quite the headache trying to get the hang of Doom and Wolfenstein....

Oh....er....Offtopic much....Did i mention i played halo? :anxious:

I probably did start on PC first but my first console was a NES. Since then for a lot of the time I spent (almost) equal time on consoles and the PC, although I still enjoy PC the most.

You really can not argue that PC users have better control over an FPS than console. It isn't a mater of preference or anything, its a fact. A mouse and keyboard give you much more control than analog sticks.

Yeah some people enjoy a controller because it is all right 'there' but then again how many people you see using a controller on PC shooters? :P

You really can not argue that PC users have better control over an FPS than console. It isn't a mater of preference or anything, its a fact. A mouse and keyboard give you much more control than analog sticks.

Of course, no argument from me there. I can't imagine doing things i can do with a mouse/keyboard on a controller, like playing rpgs or even the littlest modding. But with a shooter, I have a better reaction speed with a controller, and less running hands over the entire thing groping for the right key.

Oh, and it's easier to toss at a TV when you get mad. :mrgreen:

PS: Apologies for hijacking the thread, i'll shut up now. :-#

I'm not a fan of halo at all. I can't stand the online play (yes I'm serious). I prefer games liek call of duty that don't have shielding and people die in 2-3 shots. The only reason I'm buying halo is to play the online co-op with my friends, I doubt I'll use it for online play very much unless I somehow strike up some love for it, but i think the game is highly overrated.

The story line is confusing and I still don't understand it after playing through 1 and 2, theres only like 5 different enemies that you ever see and not much more variety in vehicles/scenery/anything. It just seems like a generic shooter, while its still a reasonable shooter there just isnt anything in it that stands out, its just a basic point-and-shoot game like hundreds before it.

If you're talking about getting a 360 then I highly recommend it, there are far better games for it already out. Gears of War really stood out as a good game (I highly prefer 3rd person over first person). Also, Bioshock was the most amazing first person shooter I've ever played, and also had the best story line of any game I've ever played.

Wakka, you can easily kill people in 2-3 shots in Halo 2. Dunno about Halo 1 since I never played its multiplayer.

The Halo storyline isn't hard to understand. It's just that the Halo 2 plot isn't as good as the first one.

The reason why I enjoyed Halo single player was because of the wide green spaces in the beginning. After that, it kinda got repetitive because the buildings look the same almost room after room. Lazy development on Bungee's part IMO.

Get Halo 1 for PC. I'm siding with Bubsa and Nadril in the PC vs. Console debate, I find it infinitely easier to use a mouse vs. a controller even with loads of practice.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007