Tip.it Times Presents: Interview with Syzygy

MPM

a true idol for all f2p players....sometimes i wonder whats the point of f2p...then you came along...sparked the interest in me...and i have to state that you are the hardest working man in rs man...the bones ...omg...so many...must ev killed you...anywayz good luck on your mission...99 max :D

thdarwin007.gif

thdarwin007.gif

thdarwin007.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good for him i think, after my parents gave me a ban on rs and then i suddenly got back in p2p, i just though do quests do quests do quests... :wall:

but Syzygy is a real character amongst the rabble that half of society is made of. :thumbsup:

also, think of the temptation he has to face, after all, if he becomes a member he will have about 200 quests full of experience that he could use to shortcut his way through (my greatest technique)

Forget all of those nuts who go with the crowd! go with your gut instinct, unless your gonna die, thats why i wrote this, cause i went with my gut

My hat is off, wonderful job with the interview Tip.it, and Syzygy, i always love to see that kind of dedication in a person, it tells one a lot about that person. Good luck on your current goal. keep it up good sir.

URL=http://www.runeweb.net/]pureelf+lord.png[/url]

Great interview. Whoever asked those questions must be really awesome too :wink: \'

I never knew he was 44 until I asked him at the end.. While asking him the questions he sounded so young and full of youth.

Yeah, whoever interviewed him would never be on my friends list, active in #runescape, a member of TETau and his name could never start with a Jem... Never... :-w

Nice job on the interview Jem. I thought you said it got lost :P.

tfssig.png

First of all, I don't post on this forum a whole lot, almost never actually.

But for Syzygy I'll make an exception, since I've always looked up to him ever since I was an f2p player.

Now On-Topic

It was a great interview, I really enjoyed reading it. Most people talk about zezima or yogosun( which are of course very good players) but Syzygy isn't that well known at all. In my opinion he's up there with the best in Runescape, simply because he has achieved so many 99's purely on f2p, and he really does deserve to be mentioned.

I met syzygy at Ice Giants once 2 or 3 years ago when I was still f2p and I've always had a deep respect for what he has achieved. And he's a very nice guy as well ^^. He's a great example of what can be achieved if you are dedicated and take the time to achieve your goals. I hope he reaches 99 rc and crafting, but I think he 'll be able to do that. I mean, he got 99 prayer with big bones 0.o .

He's always been one of the main reasons why I've wanted to achieve 99 smithing, not quite there yet though(78 atm).

Anyways, to round it off.

I'd just like to say Well Done and Good Luck with your other goals.

99 Fletching - Edgeville Bank

99 Cooking - Rogues Den

99 Magic - Edgeville Bank ( almost all xp from 80 - 99 gained from high lvl alchemy spells and very proud of it =) )

99 Firemaking - Mostly Edgeville bank, also fally east

Retired- but I do like to play every now and again, and check up on how things are going

Woah, no rares? o.O

I'm a f2p myself, and I'll tell you... rares are a waste of cash imo :lol:

What I would like to see in RuneScape is separate High Scores for p2p and f2p, that would be great!

And a bit more of bank space wouldn't be bad at all. :P

Never had the chance to talk to Syzygy before, never saw him in RuneScape tbh, but I would like to have a word with him. :)

Nightlegendz Pure F2P

runescapesignature.jpg

It's astonishing how he has the patience and willpower to keep going in f2p. It sounds like a fun idea, but I could only do it with my main, not another account. I would of gradually stopped playing RS if I continued playing f2p, the f2p community would be a big factor for me to leave.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I would of gradually stopped playing RS if I continued playing f2p, the f2p community would be a big factor for me to leave.

-.-

I konw SOME F2Pers (maybe most) are annoying, beggars, noobs, and all other bad-words you could imagine.But don't say 'The Community' like we were all from the same plantation.I know a lot of F2Pers (Tip.it and not Tip.it) that are just as mature as some members.I felt really insulted with this words, and some others on this thread.Maybe you should know a bit better the Free-to-Players before saying those things.

Back On Topic:

He's like a Hero for we the F2Pers, some type of inspiration.Nice interview Tip.it =D>

~Lit

F2P Forever!

It makes a f2per like me glad to see such commitment. It renews my resolve to remain f2p, and not go back to members. Go syzygy! My only regret is that I can't beat him since I had f2p for a year and raised some of my skills. Ah well.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

wow a real amazing player. he should go member when he gets all f2p stats maxed out. I used to be a f2p for a year and wanted to never go member cus i always thought it was jus to complex and to much for me. But when your member you dont wanna go back its just to fun :P

I would of gradually stopped playing RS if I continued playing f2p, the f2p community would be a big factor for me to leave.

-.-

I konw SOME F2Pers (maybe most) are annoying, beggars, noobs, and all other bad-words you could imagine.But don't say 'The Community' like we were all from the same plantation.I know a lot of F2Pers (Tip.it and not Tip.it) that are just as mature as the members.I felt really insulted with this words, and some others on this thread.Maybe you should know a bit better the Free-to-Players before saying those things.

Back On Topic:

He's like a Hero for we the F2Pers, some type of inspiration.Nice interview Tip.it =D>

~Lit

Thats true...and you said "the members" it should be

"some members", just wanted to say that..

On topic:

Yep, Syzygy is like a hero and Thanks again Tip.it and Jemathonical for

this interview. :)

-.-

I konw SOME F2Pers (maybe most) are annoying, beggars, noobs, and all other bad-words you could imagine.But don't say 'The Community' like we were all from the same plantation.I know a lot of F2Pers (Tip.it and not Tip.it) that are just as mature as some members.I felt really insulted with this words, and some others on this thread.Maybe you should know a bit better the Free-to-Players before saying those things.

Back On Topic:

~Lit

Thats true...and you said "the members" it should be

"some members", just wanted to say that..

On topic:

Yep, Syzygy is like a hero and Thanks again Tip.it and Jemathonical for

this interview. :)

Thanks, I corrected that :)

Oh Em Gee, this will get a lot of flames...hope it doesn't...

His answers to why he remains f2p, what he thinks about updates, and most challenging thing about f2p are almost identical to what I say when asked. He seems like a really cool guy.

Awesome bank too. <3:

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

Ironically, He beat me to the first 99 mining f2p :<

But on another note, the whole reason I stay a F2P is to sort of prove that you don't need to be a member to have fun in a game, even though you may not get all the cool skills or updates.

And that you don't have to pay to be good in some skills, since members can level faster due to mini-games.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Earn59.png

Earn59.png

untitled6kv7.gif

S. Only thing I wonder, why is there no green dragonhide vambs in the bank?

_________________fredz

green dragons the monsters are members, but the hide(i think) and range gear are f2p.(this is the quote, I just started commenting....=/)

This guy is dedicated to the game, I would've gone mad getting all those stats to 99 in f2p. I also learned that not all f2p players are begging noobs and pures in the making. I now see why many players choose to be f2p, I myself could not deal with about 10 quests and such a limited space to play in. Syzygy is my new favorite player lol. Just thinking about getting 99 rc in f2p makes me go crazy @_@.

His name is really cool though, I must go find my own unique name now!=0

props to this guy tho, truly amazing to do all that in f2p, although one day i hope he'll realize how much fun p2p is, but i respect his, and many others like him,choice.

Very Good Job on the Interviews Tip.It, Keep up the good work =D> =D> .

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

First off, I want to thank the Tip.it editor for brining an interview from a f2p player. Secondly, this makes me really happy and emotional. Now my following statement.

I know being a pure f2p player takes a long time and I do agree patience is the key. I am greatly inspired by his work for these years ever since Runescape was born. \' woot hoo, I am too excited that I dont what to say. *applause* "A big inspiration for all of us".

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.