Behind the Scenes - September Edition

darkjab

September will begin with a continuation of the popular gnome quests. Activity around the gnome-infested areas of RuneScape has increased after the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅFluffyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ
Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd last paragraph is sure to be for speculation.

Seems like a quest month. No distractions for skilling!

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Very nice! Herblore update! No more buying stacks of uselees junk, just get the herb you desire! No more "herb scamming".

Achievement diary pl0x? I liked the karamjan one A LOT (except for the fight caves thing...man I suck at that!) so I'm anxious to see the new one!

Quests ftw!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

PMG craftable bloods

i saw the last sentence.. 'maybe a bit unpredictable...' they're failable maybe? like combination runes.

Or have an unusual side effect if not 100% crafted correctly?

Loss of some hitpoints or some other skill in an attempt to create such a high lvl and highly unpredictable rune?? :-#

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable...

It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements

This means something of the following.

1. A runecrafting altar which is much closer to bank but requires a higher runecrafting lvl(eg lvl 70 for natures)

2. Either a blood or soul altar

3. A new rune

4. Yet another way to access rune altars(a new abyss), sounds unlikely to me though

5. It is an altar that will turn ess into random runes(the wee bit unpredictable)

6. Multiple runes per ess at lower levels

I hope this new altar will give mad experience points, like 10 per air rune, and going up an exp point per rune above it.

It would be nice if it was for people like me who just want to get fast experience and are not too bothered about what runes they'll receive.

8. A runecrafting minigame

PMG craftable bloods

i saw the last sentence.. 'maybe a bit unpredictable...' they're failable maybe? like combination runes.

Or have an unusual side effect if not 100% crafted correctly?

Loss of some hitpoints or some other skill in an attempt to create such a high lvl and highly unpredictable rune?? :-#

Possible, no quest requirements though it seems.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

PMG craftable bloods

What I'm guessing.

And I don't like the width/height idea. People will just use it to turn themselves into shortest/fattest, tallest skinniest/shortest /skinniest etc. And it just is another thing that people use to make fun of others :x <.< . Would be perfect if immaturity didn't exist.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Yay a new gnome quest.

The runecrafting thing sounds a bit like a blast furnace rather than bloods.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I hope this new altar will give mad experience points, like 10 per air rune, and going up an exp point per rune above it.

It would be nice if it was for people like me who just want to get fast experience and are not too bothered about what runes they'll receive.

Dark_Jab.png

Paul Jagex Mod :

Hmm does the altar really sound that much like THE blood/soul altar from that behind the scenes post? Or are people just seeing the words new altar and then not reading carefully?

It's not meant too imply that's what it is and I didn't think what was written did.

This is actually a new concept to spice up the runecrafting skill.

I wouldn't want to get peoples hopes up about releasing something that we weren't, especially something with such anticipation as THE blood altar. (don't worry we haven't forgotten about it)

Don't get me wrong the next months runecrafting update is a good update and I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels) but if people get the wrong idea about an update then our hard work tends to gets flamed unnecessarily, when things don't turn out as players expected.

blackmdefcape,ancnt%20hylian.gif

I'll be looking foward to this "unknown altar" update especially. This should silence the "runecrafting get no updates!" rants. I'm looking foward to the requirement to access the altar; whether that be a quest, a minigame, ect. I'm hoping this will be harder than Mornings end part II, that was a pretty hard quest and will be tough to beat.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I am really hoping that the Runecrafting update doesn't make Runecrafting any easier than it already is. Runecrafting is a very valuable skill to have depending on if you craft your own runes or not. I am all for a new altar that increases Xp slightly, but I don't think that Runecrafting should be considered much easier than it is now. We don't want Runecrafting to become easy AND a huge moneymaker or Runecrafting will no longer be a moneymaker.

Everything else in the BTS looks very interesting and I am awaiting the arrival of each release. I have to admit, I am a little hesitant about this new altar though. If it is easier, I hope it isn't accessable through the abyss. I want it to be a little more challenging to make the rune more valuable.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Well well well.. Looks like some people were a bit quick to assume Blood/Soul altars. Would be nice if some players would read that paragraph and then re-read it before posting such wild guesses.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

From the sounds of what Mod Paul said I'd say the rc thing is gonna be a bit minigame-like

and an alter that isn't purely down assigned to a single rune.

I'm thinking perhaps an alter that is nearer to a bank than most and when entered will take you to a random alter.

Or an alter that creates a random selection of runes from your essence

Or perhaps even an alter that can create spells (eg use say 6 ess to make a high alch and it gives u 1 nat 5 fires)

But we shall see.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue