Behind the Scenes - September Edition

darkjab

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

death of the UNID?

this, to me, is the most significant (confirmed details) update - no more guessing what is for sale.

This will have massive impact on gaming - guys killing druids may drop 'lesser' unids, concentrating on rannars, snaps etc. People buying will be forced to pay more for unids, as the seller will know the value of them - no more 1k-2k mass unid buys for sure. Lots of people i see on slayer tasks drop all herbs, which i hoover up, often getting very good herbs - i cant see this happening when everything is more transparent.

Should be interesting

Also, looking forward to rc update, just in time for my 'push from 62 to 70' as part of all skills 70+. I just hope that it is not 'too' dissapointing - everyone always hopes for a complete rewrite of rcing rules - multiple runes per ess, at easier levels, and easier runes, and more exp. Where would the satisfaction of high RC levels be if it was soooo easy?

G

Gda_Scooby.png

Ooh, I've been waiting for a new continuation of a quest series, i'm hoping this quest will be good. The BTS makes it sound like It might have something to do with the Cave Goblins.

However this Runecrafting update seems a bit odd to me. The description was rather vague and Paul went to the trouble of silencing some rumours right after this BTS was released. Normaly they just let players imagination run amuk for a month. Whatever it is, i'm betting its going to be quite... interesting.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I find it strange that people manage to read the same article I did, and yet see things that clearly aren't there.

You won't be able to change the size of your character. They're doing a graphical update on the npc children around Runescape.

gda_scooby makes some interesting points about the death of the unid. I used to love mass buying unids; the profit made it worthwhile and the randomness fun. I guess it will be good to stop noobs getting scammed, but i'm sorry to see it go. Better ID all my unids quick to get that ID exp!

My guess re: the new altar is that you'll be able to craft, say, runes 10 levels higher than you should be able to, but there's a % fail rate. Or -possibly- that you can craft any runes, but the further away from your natural level you go the more likely you are to fail.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

I have a feeling this new altar will let you create a random type of rune. Maybe you will have the chance to create something that you are not able to make yet, hence the unpredictable part, and all the other mumbo-jumbo about it.

I'm also pretty sure the whole makeover mage part is talking about the NPC children in the game, not us ..

EDIT:

I find it strange that people manage to read the same article I did, and yet see things that clearly aren't there.

You won't be able to change the size of your character. They're doing a graphical update on the npc children around Runescape.

Amen.

eye_test.png

how are people getting teh asumption taht we will be able to change height and width?i cat see it although if it did happen id turn myself into a dwarf(that would look so awesome nbeing a dwarf in fight caves :lol:) but i cant see it happening.

the quest sounds great.cave goblins were mentioned and glourphie and i qite happned to enjoy both those series of quests a lot.

no more herb scamming or people leaving snapdragons at slayer monsters becausethey cant identify them,maybe their will be a feature where we can go to a herblore shop owner and they would clean them like the woman in nardah(i think thats what its called)

the runecrafting alter update i think will bring new runes altogether.maybe we may get light and dark runes for new light and dark spellbooks(a bit like ancients on anabolic steroids).anyway i wont be training runecrafting anytim soon for it sice i fall asleep whenerver i craft nats lol

tifsdac6mc.gif

I really hope it is blood runecrafting...but, knowing jagex, there will be some silly catch :wall:

Its funny when people don't even read the first page of a thread so make a post like this whihc has already been categorically labelled as not true by a jagex mod

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It looks cool, but I don't reckon that there is going to be a blood alter like everyone says, it's just going to be another way to make runes, like the abyss.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Not an amazing month, but there is still a few interesting things.

-Kids are getting a makeover, they've got big adult sized heads atm

-Pirate makeover: A big paragraph on it, but this update seems a little pointless to me.

-New gnome quest sounds good, but I'm still waiting for ME part 3. :|

-I had a good idea it would come this month, the Achievement diary is something for me to look forward to.

-I hope this Rc update makes runecrafting easier. I don't use RC for money anyway and it's one of my lowest skills.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

PMG craftable bloods

i saw the last sentence.. 'maybe a bit unpredictable...' they're failable maybe? like combination runes.

What I'm guessing.

And I don't like the width/height idea. People will just use it to turn themselves into shortest/fattest, tallest skinniest/shortest /skinniest etc. And it just is another thing that people use to make fun of others :x <.< . Would be perfect if immaturity didn't exist.

Thats exactly what im going to do straight away :D :D :D :D :D

This looks like simple updates, nothing to fancey after godwars. I was wonding tho if I should buy like 30k p ess and get my rcing up to 75 *72 atm* at fast free laws?

Donno, give some thoughts.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

who cares about the runecrafting updae what i cant wait for is the new quest. i wonder what we will have to do this time

13zwenn.png

no more herb scamming or people leaving snapdragons at slayer monsters becausethey cant identify them,...

i never saw snapdragons at slayer monsters lol

umm maybe cause they dont drop them...

did i say snapdragon #-o

tifsdac6mc.gif

PMG craftable bloods

i saw the last sentence.. 'maybe a bit unpredictable...' they're failable maybe? like combination runes.

What I'm guessing.

And I don't like the width/height idea. People will just use it to turn themselves into shortest/fattest, tallest skinniest/shortest /skinniest etc. And it just is another thing that people use to make fun of others :x <.< . Would be perfect if immaturity didn't exist.

Thats exactly what im going to do straight away :D :D :D :D :D

READ THE PAGES!!!

it cleary states that NPC characters will get an update not us...because they would not call us kids unless everyone in runescape was under 14 or something, which means its for the kids in runescape not the real kids.

on-topic:

im just happy to see a new quest...my quest cape has gathered a lot of dust these past months

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Oh well only things that look good is the Diary and the Quest.

I dunno what the heck is going to be consider "High" for Varrock. The most I can think is pk somebody or get slayer task.

The Quest doesn't look that good but who knows.

Not many distractions this month.

no more herb scamming or people leaving snapdragons at slayer monsters becausethey cant identify them,...

i never saw snapdragons at slayer monsters lol

umm maybe cause they dont drop them...

did i say snapdragon #-o

ye lol - but i got what u meant ;)