Sounds like a soul or blood or combination altar is coming :shock:

From the first page of this thread.

modpauldl8.jpg

QFC:16-17-165-50832108 , on page 2

not to be evil but:

owned?

ot: i look forward to rc opdate :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people would read this as having been blood runes, you will know when thats coming because they will talking about the next part of the myreque quest line (at least the last part of it)

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Oh well only things that look good is the Diary and the Quest.

I dunno what the heck is going to be consider "High" for Varrock. The most I can think is pk somebody or get slayer task.

The Quest doesn't look that good but who knows.

Not many distractions this month.

Did you read it? It goes from edgeville to canafis and that area. Plenty of hard stuff there.

floorgazer.png

I really hope it is blood runecrafting...but, knowing jagex, there will be some silly catch :wall:

Its funny when people don't even read the first page of a thread so make a post like this whihc has already been categorically labelled as not true by a jagex mod

My bad :wall:

Chevroi - Formerly Japlin69

My Old Blog

Edit: My mistake, thanks to the two guys below.

What a pity :(

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Just realised another mini benefit of this month's updates: no unids means an extra 12 bank spaces :D

i think it just changes the word from herb to grimy rannar(if you have rannar unids).you will most definatly keep the 12 spaces with unids.its cuts out of unid scamming though

tifsdac6mc.gif

Just realised another mini benefit of this month's updates: no unids means an extra 12 bank spaces :D

i read the update in a different way: herbs will be still in 2 stacks so instead of say, ranarrs + a stack of unids (that are ranarrs) this will become a stack of clean ranarrs and a stack of dirty ranarrs (or similar). You won't be able to clean the ranarrs until you have the herb level that you would have previously had to identify them.

It just means that people can sell herbs that still need cleaning (previously unids) as another effort to stop people scamming.

With respects to this update, I think that this month is what I expected, given that we have had some awesome updates recently. I'll wager that the achievement diary will be pretty straightforward this time around. The rc update should be good, I really hate rc so any update for the better I'm all for. The wildy attacking rule is great for PKers and means that you will have to be on your toes a lot more when runecrafting or attacking green dragons in particular.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

The druids and herbalists had their annual convention and felt that identifying the herbs really wasn't the hard part of their job. The hard part was cleaning the leafy things! So the herbalists will be busy later this month, identifying everyone's herbs and sorting them into cleaned and grimy instead of identified and unidentified. So don't be surprised when you see your herbs' names change, it's just your friendly neighbourhood herbalist giving you a hand. This should make it easier for you to know when you're buying a specific herb, rather than ending up with something you don't want. They've also gone around properly naming all of your unfinished potions, so you'll know exactly what you have in that odd-coloured vial.

Worst update of them all.

Oh well only things that look good is the Diary and the Quest.

I dunno what the heck is going to be consider "High" for Varrock. The most I can think is pk somebody or get slayer task.

The Quest doesn't look that good but who knows.

Not many distractions this month.

Did you read it? It goes from edgeville to canafis and that area. Plenty of hard stuff there.

I imagine a hard task would be killing a black demon or pking somebody.

No witty signatures for me :(

The druids and herbalists had their annual convention and felt that identifying the herbs really wasn't the hard part of their job. The hard part was cleaning the leafy things! So the herbalists will be busy later this month, identifying everyone's herbs and sorting them into cleaned and grimy instead of identified and unidentified. So don't be surprised when you see your herbs' names change, it's just your friendly neighbourhood herbalist giving you a hand. This should make it easier for you to know when you're buying a specific herb, rather than ending up with something you don't want. They've also gone around properly naming all of your unfinished potions, so you'll know exactly what you have in that odd-coloured vial.

Does that mean that it won't be possible to have "unidentified" herbs anymore? People might be upset at losing the experience of identifying the herbs. If there really won't be able any more "unidentified" herbs, I'm guessing Jagex would replace them with "uncleaned" herbs, but I could be wrong.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Does that mean that it won't be possible to have "unidentified" herbs anymore? People might be upset at losing the experience of identifying the herbs. If there really won't be able any more "unidentified" herbs, I'm guessing Jagex would replace them with "uncleaned" herbs, but I could be wrong.

i think that cleaning the herb is what gives the exp

tifsdac6mc.gif

I think that cleaning the herbs for EXP is much more realistic. It simply doesn't make sense that you have to be an experienced herblorist in order to merely identify an herb. In the real world, even a person who is completely inexperienced in botnay can easily identify plants with a field guide. (RuneScape is a game and isn't meant to be realisgtic, but still...) It just seems silly that after a character identifies an herb, then other characters automatically know what it is.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I think that cleaning the herbs for EXP is much more realistic. It simply doesn't make sense that you have to be an experienced herblorist in order to merely identify an herb. In the real world, even a person who is completely inexperienced in botnay can easily identify plants with a field guide. (RuneScape is a game and isn't meant to be realisgtic, but still...) It just seems silly that after a character identifies an herb, then other characters automatically know what it is.

Yup it is.

But that wasnt the reason they changed it. The herbs were changed due to people merchanting unids, selling only the unid guams saying they were higher unid level, and getting 1ke for them.

This update is to stop those, so people know exactly whey they are buying and to make runescape a "better" and less threatning world.

Same XP as before, and a really good update I think. The only downfall is people everywhere will start picking up there herbs even if they cant identify them, since they know what they are.

dawnsigblue-3.png

It most likely is for higher level players like crafting double nats at lvl 86 :)

Heres what Pual said:

Hmm does the altar really sound that much like THE blood/soul altar from that behind the scenes post? Or are people just seeing the words new altar and then not reading carefully?

It's not meant too imply that's what it is and I didn't think what was written did.

This is actually a new concept to spice up the runecrafting skill.

I wouldn't want to get peoples hopes up about releasing something that we weren't, especially something with such anticipation as THE blood altar. (don't worry we haven't forgotten about it)

Don't get me wrong the next months runecrafting update is a good update and I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels) but if people get the wrong idea about an update then our hard work tends to gets flamed unnecessarily, when things don't turn out as players expected.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012