F2P discrimination getting out of hand.

The Observer

I'm a level 100 F2P player. So what? I have a right to not be discrimated against just because I don't pay for a damn game! I enter Tipitchat for a perfectly good discussion, then all of a sudden, F2P get's discrimated against as noobs.

Look at the F2P TET events. Members are complaining that there will be too much spamming and begging. Look at the Rants forum in the RuneScape Official Forums for crying out loud! Members arn't any better than us! I'm SURE there are beggers in members. There are autoers in members too! I wish members wouldn't get swallowed up in their damn ego and listen to this call for reason! Don't discrimate against a person if they are F2P.

Also, I've seen members in F2P worlds jeering and calling me a noob. Is that any better? Will calling other people noobs make it any better? No, of course not.

If someone posts a small F2P update, all the members come and flame it out like it's a personal attack! They end up calling us noobs, idiots, narbs, nerds, you name it! You should hear them when F2P gets a new update. The rants forum is FILLED with "F2P are noobs" rants. Also rants about how we get enough updates. We didn't petition to get a party room. We didn't petition for a new Varrock.

Those rants and suggestions about removing F2P. Don't they understand that RuneScape will slowly die because there will be no constant flow of members? Who would pay for a game you haven't tried yet? That's why JAGeX keeps F2P. Think about it. Where would you go if you lost members. You wouldn't be able to play the game again until you pay for it again. Stop getting all full of yourself and understand that F2P players are people too!! Try being in a F2P player's shoes. You would feel the same way.

For the people who think I'm asking for more updates, I'm NOT ranting about that. I'm ranting about the poor quality F2P is getting treated. Would you like to log in and get flamed out just because you are F2P? JUST because you don't pay for a game? You go on a clan chat. You get get discriminated there. You start training, then some ex-member comes and flames you for being an "F2P noob". F2P players can be nice and kind people. You have to understand that. They arn't all evil, mean and immature people.

You should think. F2P players are people too..

Also, PLEASE post serious and mature replies. Make them neutral and not "blame game" oriented. I don't want a flame war here.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had to post this in Unoalexi's thread, and he made the right decision and requested a lock.

From past experiences, these topics only need to flame wars and heavy steorotypes.

I would seriously consider requesting a lock. I'm sorry if you were trying to start a serious discussion, but I think it would be best if you ended this before it gets much worse.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

What a stupid rant.

F2p don't get discriminated by everyone.

And when you do you wonder why!

Plank + nails = build a bridge and get over it.

Not really that stupid of a rant, a bit misguided, yes.

F2P does get discriminated against by more people than you realize. Several of my friends are f2p and even they (as long time players) get very irritated by the treatment they are receiving.

BUT, p2p also gets a bum rap too. Have you ever, as a member, hopped to a f2p world only to get trade spammed before you can even click on the red box that says "Click here to play"? That's what's ridiculous.

Anyway, Limp, I love your last line, I may have to siggy that...

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

I've had to post this in Unoalexi's thread, and he made the right decision and requested a lock.

From past experiences, these topics only need to flame wars and heavy steorotypes.

I would seriously consider requesting a lock. I'm sorry if you were trying to start a serious discussion, but I think it would be best if you ended this before it gets much worse.

Lol.. ..he :shock: :-s -.-

Anyway, I totally 100% agree with the thread creator, if you want my reasons juts read my thread lol. Thank you for reviving my topic, thank you for reading, and lets hope this doesn't turn into a flame war.

This is a real problem people, open your eyes- bigotry and stereotyping exists everywhere, especially in topics asking for f2p updates. Yes, this is going on, and whether you choose to ignore it or not its your choice. By the way, in all my history of playing members (on and off for two years) I have never been trade spammed in the way you have described, definitely not anymore than when I was f2p.

I'm not saying that all f2p isn't(or is) a horde of whiny eight year olds and macroers- they're are people like that out there (on BOTH kinds of servers). What people need to realize is that stereotyping of ANY kind is NOT okay, whether on an online game or in real life. Perhaps you think that it's just a game and your actions won't harm anything, however there are real people with real feelings behind the pixels. To go around attacking people just because they're not like you is WRONG.

Maybe they're poor, maybe they don't have the time to devote to members, maybe their parents(if they are still living in the parent's house) are unwilling to pay for members- whatever the reason, IT DOESN'T MATTER! The two groups are basically the same, except for the obvious. If F2p asks for an update, they have every right to express their opinions and beliefs. Don't attack them just for telling the world what they want and such. Wherever you come from, whatever laws you follow, there is at least some kind of permit to free speech on these forums(note I know there are rules about language and stuff, but you get my point.). Discrimination(of any kind) only harms the population and definitely should not be acceptable on these forums, in any way, shape or forum.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Why do you think all the mmorpg community is laughing at runescape players? <3:

I don't know but maybe it's because we can't get along Members and F2pers. We must not fight against eachother, we must unite and defeat the rule breakers such as Macroers.

RuneScape is unique, I still haven't seen any MMORPG that is like RuneScape, it has two sides, the P2p side and F2p side but still both sides are very much like eachother. Wether you are a Member or a F2per you still play the same game and we have the same problems. Our problem in the game or the forums should not be discrimination it should be the problems we have with rulebreakers. The real bad people are not the Members or the F2pers it is the Rulebreakers, it's them that makes the game less enjoyable for us, it's these people we should try and stop, these are the real problem of RuneScape.

Most of the people that starts flame wars when a thread like this or like the ones with a F2p update are just greedy spoiled idiots, they want ALL and F2pers don't deserve anything in their opinion but thats not the majority of members just like the majority of F2pers aren't rulebreakers.

You can not judge the whole F2per or Members community just by meeting or talking to one person from each sides.

Like someone else said on another thread, "most of the good and honest F2pers just don't talk much in-game and that's why you don't notice them".

I don't know but maybe it's because we can't get along Members and F2pers. We must not fight against eachother, we must unite and defeat the rule breakers such as Macroers.

RuneScape is unique, I still haven't seen any MMORPG that is like RuneScape, it has two sides, the P2p side and F2p side but still both sides are very much like eachother. Wether you are a Member or a F2per you still play the same game and we have the same problems. Our problem in the game or the forums should not be discrimination it should be the problems we have with rulebreakers. The real bad people are not the Members or the F2pers it is the Rulebreakers, it's them that makes the game less enjoyable for us, it's these people we should try and stop, these are the real problem of RuneScape.

Most of the people that starts flame wars when a thread like this or like the ones with a F2p update are just greedy spoiled idiots, they want ALL and F2pers don't deserve anything in their opinion but thats not the majority of members just like the majority of F2pers aren't rulebreakers.

You can not judge the whole F2per or Members community just by meeting or talking to one person from each sides.

Like someone else said on another thread, "most of the good and honest F2pers just don't talk much in-game and that's why you don't notice them".

I created this thread to reach out to the people that don't embrace F2P players as people and not yesterday's garbage. If you already do this, then great!

j0xPu5R.png

What a stupid rant.

F2p don't get discriminated by everyone.

And when you do you wonder why!

Plank + nails = build a bridge and get over it.

Not really that stupid of a rant, a bit misguided, yes.

F2P does get discriminated against by more people than you realize. Several of my friends are f2p and even they (as long time players) get very irritated by the treatment they are receiving.

BUT, p2p also gets a bum rap too. Have you ever, as a member, hopped to a f2p world only to get trade spammed before you can even click on the red box that says "Click here to play"? That's what's ridiculous.

Anyway, Limp, I love your last line, I may have to siggy that...

He stole that plank + nails thing from me.

Because we put up with the ill-treatment from Jagex. If something is wrong in other games players actually stop playing and demand that they are fixed instead of whining. Jagex laughs to because they know that they are in total control. Most kids who play Runescape are totally addicted and wouldn't stop playing if you gave them a million dollars.

Wait nvm, they would stop, make a new account, and use the million dollars to purchase gold.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

He stole that plank + nails thing from me.

He may have borrowed it from you, and I think I remember the time you said it, but I liked his delivery.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

It's only because they pay $5 a month they think they are better than you.

When in fact memebers arn't better than most f2p

F2p is so hard to train so HARD!

They need to grow up

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

That hammer and nails thing is beyond stupid BTW. I think people who say it are complete idiots and type it becasue they know the person is correct but just want to disagree but have no real reason to disagree so they post a stupid little sig.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

That hammer and nails thing is beyond stupid BTW. I think people who say it are complete idiots and type it becasue they know the person is correct but just want to disagree but have no real reason to disagree so they post a stupid little sig.
I had a reason to post it when i did, i agree in this post its use was pathetic.

And no when i originally used it the person wasnt correct.

NFS_10__F2p_Blues_by_Dr_LeNTo.png

Some humor, and it fits this pretty good.

The plank and nails thing was funny when 123 used it. When you used it, it really just sucked. Be original and try to make it at least relevant.

And, there is a lot of unnecessary F2P bashing. One of the things that will really get me pissed off.

tfssig.png

F2p = Free version of runescape with still a huge amount of things to do

P2p = Paid version of runescape with a lot more things to do that f2p but cost about $5 a month

Difference: NONE, its the same friggen game <.<

"My Weapon is my faith. Even I die, my faith shall never fall before the enemy"

POP-Signature-v23.gif

F2p flaming is defintily out of hand.you dont see it much in game but in the forums is were the flaming most is,but the people who do the flaming are moslty arrogant 9 year olds thinking that because they are a mem they are better than all of the f2pers :notalk:

You're right, F2P does get a lot of discriminative remarks these days...

However, you can't blame ALL of the P2P you know. It's just what they see that gives them this perception. In a F2P world, there are a lot more botting going on than in a P2P world. Majority of scams are committed in F2P worlds and more auto talkers reside in W1 and 3 than in W2 and 6. Did I mention that more beggars are found in F2P worlds?

You cannot blame anyone because you're playing in a community which houses players from all walks of life. The F2P community houses a lot more scammers, beggars, bots and other indecent characters than the whole P2P population put together.

Think of yourself walking down a dirty, littered-filled street. A street full of muggers, beggars, gamblers, alcoholics, drug abusers etc. What will you think of that particular part of the town? Now, if someone tells you that some of the people in that dirt-filled street are involved in 90% of the crime committed, how will you feel? Would you feel any better if i tell you that the street houses some decent people? No!

You cannot blame them for discriminating or passing rude remarks about F2P. Some people may be prejudiced, pitting themselves against the F2P population whenever possible, but others, i can assure, are kind towards F2P. You cannot push the blame on all the P2P just like we cannot say all F2P are losers.

Learn to accept who you are. If you choose not to pay to play, then you'll have to suffer the outcome of your decision be it good or bad. If, however, you decide that you no longer want to suffer discrimination, no longer can stand the oppression, then i suggest you pay to be a member or quit and find a game that meets your requirements.

Cheers!

drapit.png

Directly from "Why F2P can't have...!?" thread:

you free world scum already have enough privileges on runescape.. if you want the benifits! UPGRADE TO MEMBERS!!!!! ..... free world scum

|here be stuff|

wtf?? if free world scum had all this, there wouldnt be any point going members at all... GOD DAMMIT I HATE FREE WORLD SCUM!! :evil: :wall:

Tip.it also has it, the snobs who think all people are rich and think they're superior.

Those rants and suggestions about removing F2P. Don't they understand that RuneScape will slowly die because there will be no constant flow of members? Who would pay for a game you haven't tried yet? That's why JAGeX keeps F2P. Think about it. Where would you go if you lost members. You wouldn't be able to play the game again until you pay for it again. Stop getting all full of yourself and understand that F2P players are people too!! Try being in a F2P player's shoes. You would feel the same way.

For the people who think I'm asking for more updates, I'm NOT ranting about that. I'm ranting about the poor quality F2P is getting treated. Would you like to log in and get flamed out just because you are F2P? JUST because you don't pay for a game? You go on a clan chat. You get get discriminated there. You start training, then some ex-member comes and flames you for being an "F2P noob". F2P players can be nice and kind people. You have to understand that. They arn't all evil, mean and immature people.

You should think. F2P players are people too..

No one has suggested to remove F2P and even if they did they would've been ripped to shreds. But i don't think you've seen that happen.

You are a hypocrite, you are sitting here saying F2P are people too and everything making Members look like the bad guys. Yeah sure some are but so are some F2P you have NO right to generalize the P2P community as don't the P2P about F2P.

Learn to accept who you are. If you choose not to pay to play, then you'll have to suffer the outcome of your decision be it good or bad. If, however, you decide that you no longer want to suffer discrimination, no longer can stand the oppression, then i suggest you pay to be a member or quit and find a game that meets your requirements.

Read and take it in because its true. You have an option you choose not too, sadly because some people get a power trip of having something others don't and are mean. Learn to ignore them they aren't worth your time or the satisfaction you are giving them by posting this rant.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]