Farcasters and Safers

axeraider194

I don't see what the big dislike of eating is. If a player had the foresight to bring food they should not be insulted. In the wilderness it's every player for themselves, and self preservation is the key to success. Food is not an unfair advantage, its common sense.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? I can see why safing exists in members, death comes instantly and without warning. Even safers are at risk. In f2p however, safing is just disprespectful. Why even bother to pk if you're going to play like that. Some people can't seem to understand that no one is going to hit a 40 on them at 50 combat...as for farcasting, I don't think its all that effective, except at the duel arena...hehehe

I've been playing since 2002, and there was never immature problems like this.

well it was immature to a degree but not as much now.

i agree though, we got ancients, we got the levels so ill be damned if you only worked on str while i turn you into a human pixicle, frankly i do it to them on purpose.

and in the wildy if they dont want to be frozen etc they should wear d'hide like a decent tacticle pk'er. morons

Popoto.~<3

I've been playing since 2002, and there was never immature problems like this.

well it was immature to a degree but not as much now.

i agree though, we got ancients, we got the levels so ill be damned if you only worked on str while i turn you into a human pixicle, frankly i do it to them on purpose.

and in the wildy if they dont want to be frozen etc they should wear d'hide like a decent tacticle pk'er. morons

Guess niether of you really pked much in rsc, Omg auto catcher!, Omg logger!, Omg weakener!, Omg ping logger!, Omg wall runner!, Omg godstaffer..

Some of the complaints you would hear at least a dozen times a day on rsc, most of them valid complaints though.

the wilderness is a place of danger without rules, the ones left alive at the end of the day are the winners.

if you have food, why just stand there and get killed? if you have freezing spells, why not use them to keep the other guy away from you?

you shouldn't just wait to get killed if you're in the wilderness, maging and eating help that, and you should be expecting the same thing from your enemy, not "0mgzz safer nub gimme ur st00f"

So many ignorant posts in this thread but ill just adress this one.

The reason safing is stupid is becouse niether player really has a chance for a kill, when you eat up you lose combat rounds which essentially is worse then being low hp but still not 1 hittable.

As for farcasting:

Go ahead and do it, but the moment it starts i will put protect mage on and walk out of the wilderness, i dont care who you are, sooner or later you will splash and i will get away, whereas if you would fight like a man i would bother to hang arround.

why should you care if the other person is safing or not? he isnt eating YOUR food is he? if he doesnt get his kill what does it matter to you anyway? since you say he loses combat rounds while safing and you get an extra hit shouldnt you be thanking him on bended knees for eating? whether he decided to safe or not is totally up to him and dependent on his style of pking. some ppl like to safe cause they do not want to take too much risk. well just like in real life some ppl only stick to bonds and securities...what are you gonna do? tell those ppl in real life to go invest in your company's stocks and shares?

what do you mean fight like a man for farcasting? i would rather fight like a smart human being standing a distance away than fight like a BRAINLESS MAN up beside you with magic. any "man" who maged close up to you on purpose would be pretty [developmentally delayed]ed. after all magic has a casting range for a reason. if not why would ppl bother training it? besides...since you like name calling so much if you were to put on protect from magic wouldnt that make you a prayer noob too? of course im against all sorts of name calling in the wild cause like many ppl have pointed out....its a place where rules are meant to be broken.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Well..

#1.. Dhide>Mage.

Dds> Mage armor

#2.. If you safe, the other person safes.. No one wins and It's a waste of food and pots. If You don't safe, the other person might not want to safe so they can accually kill you. This works on those anoying little kid pkers because they get excited if you have low hp and they forget to eat. For the more mature pkers.. they have to realize that if you always eat you can't kill the other person.

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

As for farcasting:

Go ahead and do it, but the moment it starts i will put protect mage on and walk out of the wilderness, i dont care who you are, sooner or later you will splash and i will get away, whereas if you would fight like a man i would bother to hang arround.

Do you not realise, that mages are fighting like a man? They are mages, which means they use magic, which means that they do not melee. Thus, they are fighting like a man.

Pretty much done with rs now

As for farcasting:

Do you not realise, that mages are fighting like a man? They are mages, which means they use magic, which means that they do not melee. Thus, they are fighting like a man.

As i said, they can do what they want, but if they farcast i leave, thats my right is it not?

As for safers, if they dont teleport immediatly after, then i have no problem with them, but there is no fun whatsoever in having some moron attack you, eat every time he gets hit and teleport when he gets to low food, thus leaving you down in food and pots for nothing.

Umm.. okay I'm totally lost I thought 'safeing' meant when you run from a fight, usually out of the wild and into the 'safe' zone around the ditch so the other player can't attack you, not when you eat. Dang pkers, always mincing their own words... -.-

Is this a rant about idiots who eat too much, or a rant about the limitations of magic? I'll comment on both..

1. Eating too much is the mark of a noob. Although the fight may last longer, these people will run out of food quickly, so just wait until you see them eat like 10-15 pieces(having a good eye for this is a must have, as well as the ability to watch more than one thing at a time) and spec away. These people are the exact reason why Edgeville/Varrok pking is a waste of time and money.

2. Magic? I only rarely use it to attack with, for I am way to poor to afford enough runes. Protect mage seems really annoying though.. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I think the sound of "Safer!" is becoming more common in the wild. Thats cos

the requirements to be a safer are lowereing. In other words 1 month ago if you eat from 60hp youre a safer, but now if you eat from 40hp youre also a safer. It might not become that eating = safer, but why?

P.S. For all those people who say that battles dont result in a kill, they might want to do that in multi comat areas such as Varroc to get you down on food for another pker to kill you.

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

They don't have to be ingame or reportable. For all you know there could be invisible monkeys running around Varrock making faces at people. :P

I agree with this topic; farcasters and safers just don't exist. I also laugh hard at the players that think they do.

Let me tell you how I see it. In the Wilderness, it's kill or be killed. That's really the only rule that exists out there. When you're PKing, do you want to wait until you're near death to heal yourself, or do you want to heal yourself immediately? I'm sure that a PKer's view would differ, but since I only do it every so often on my pures, I like to keep my health nice and high while dwindling theirs.

I get PKs on my pure. A lot of them. Doesn't matter what you call them, eater, safer, farcaster, that's just more time spent with your hands on the keyboard instead of over that lobster that could save your bacon.

This brings to question some of the rules of engagement that RuneScape hasn't really had since before the beginning. Is it fair to cast a spell so your opponent can't attack you? Hell yes. Is it fair to eat in a fight so that you have more health than your opponent? Hell yes. Is it sportsmanlike to call someone a safer, noob, teletubby, or farcaster when you lose? Hell no. What's next, are you going to take away the right for me to use my mouse? Are you going to tell me I can't use a scimitar/2H/Whip/DDS in a duel? You going to say that I can't run away when I'm only doing a clue scroll? Go soak your head.

The only rule of engagement I'll ever accept in the Wilderness is simply kill or be killed. I'm going to do all my best up there to either kill you [on my pure] or stay alive [on my main]; you'd damn well better be doing your best to kill me instead of focusing on your imaginary rules.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

As for safers, if they dont teleport immediatly after, then i have no problem with them, but there is no fun whatsoever in having some moron attack you, eat every time he gets hit and teleport when he gets to low food, thus leaving you down in food and pots for nothing.

there not morons there using their brains. if there losing they'll tele like an intellegant player instead of dieing. and like a_local_guy said the wilderness is a place of danger without rules, the ones left alive at the end of the day are the winners. means there are NO rules, NO respect and dont give a damn on your opinion to your idea of a fight, they fight their way and if you dont like it you can either kill them or be killed. and i dont think you existed in RSC because i clearly stated

"well it was immature to a degree but not as much now. "

we're also not lame for using prayer for protect melee, we got the levels so we can use it. dont like it? then "thhhhhbbbt" jog on. =;

Popoto.~<3

Personally, I do not see a problem with this so-called "safing". According to PKers, doing so actually lowers your chances of winning, so I don't see why PKers complain about it if they truly believe this. As for "farcasting", that's even more ridiculous, considering the whole point and advantage of a mage is the ability to cast spells at a range without being hit themselves. Prayer and teleportation is two issues that is more ambiguous: while it is true that being part of the game, it is perfectly alright to use them, the fact is the prayer and teleportation systems are simply too powerful talismans to protect against death. But that is a gameplay balance issue, not a player conduct issue, so again I see no problem with using them - admittedly it is annoying, but I accept it as part of the game.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Personally, I do not see a problem with this so-called "safing". According to PKers, doing so actually lowers your chances of winning, so I don't see why PKers complain about it if they truly believe this. As for "farcasting", that's even more ridiculous, considering the whole point and advantage of a mage is the ability to cast spells at a range without being hit themselves. Prayer and teleportation is two issues that is more ambiguous: while it is true that being part of the game, it is perfectly alright to use them, the fact is the prayer and teleportation systems are simply too powerful talismans to protect against death. But that is a gameplay balance issue, not a player conduct issue, so again I see no problem with using them - admittedly it is annoying, but I accept it as part of the game.

It does lower your chances of winning. It pretty much kills any chance of either player dying. Unless you get some 40-40 specs in, you're screwed. What's the fun in risking millions in pots, gear, and sharks if no one has a chance to win?

jjroxlu7.jpg

It does lower your chances of winning. It pretty much kills any chance of either player dying. Unless you get some 40-40 specs in, you're screwed. What's the fun in risking millions in pots, gear, and sharks if no one has a chance to win?

the fun of fighting is the fun in risking it.

personally, i'd say if you're not having fun with your PKing, you shouldn't be doing it, as a game isn't supposed to turn into a chore.

and i dont think you existed in RSC because i clearly stated

"well it was immature to a degree but not as much now.

Ok, the lvl for protect melee is 43, thats less then 2 hours work, big [bleep]ing deal you didnt earn anything.

As for your stupid comment on rsc..

I was 109 combat 1291 skill total, 92 fishing 88 cooking on the very day rune scape 2 was released, i also had a 94 combat plated pure with 88 96 76 melee stats.. and you were?

Rsc was worse for flaming in the wilderness, to be honest i preffered it that way but, you got flamed for having a better connection, flamed for using weaken spells, flamed if they thought you were ac'ing regardless of whether you did or didnt, flamed for wearing anything less then rune, even if you were and addy or black pure, flamed for logging, flamed for running, flamed for being pure, flamed for using magic, flamed for running to the wall at mage bank, flamed for being in whatever clan you were in unless you were mi, wanderers or bdk.

Flamed for teaming, flamed for ranging, flamed for missing catches, flamed for getting catches if some one else wanted it...

And you think rsc was more mature?, tell me again how much experience you had on rsc. :roll:

Btw, despite all of that, rsc was still 100x better to pk on then rs2.

I agree with this topic; farcasters and safers just don't exist. I also laugh hard at the players that think they do.

Let me tell you how I see it. In the Wilderness, it's kill or be killed. That's really the only rule that exists out there. When you're PKing, do you want to wait until you're near death to heal yourself, or do you want to heal yourself immediately? I'm sure that a PKer's view would differ, but since I only do it every so often on my pures, I like to keep my health nice and high while dwindling theirs.

I get PKs on my pure. A lot of them. Doesn't matter what you call them, eater, safer, farcaster, that's just more time spent with your hands on the keyboard instead of over that lobster that could save your bacon.

This brings to question some of the rules of engagement that RuneScape hasn't really had since before the beginning. Is it fair to cast a spell so your opponent can't attack you? Hell yes. Is it fair to eat in a fight so that you have more health than your opponent? Hell yes. Is it sportsmanlike to call someone a safer, noob, teletubby, or farcaster when you lose? Hell no. What's next, are you going to take away the right for me to use my mouse? Are you going to tell me I can't use a scimitar/2H/Whip/DDS in a duel? You going to say that I can't run away when I'm only doing a clue scroll? Go soak your head.

The only rule of engagement I'll ever accept in the Wilderness is simply kill or be killed. I'm going to do all my best up there to either kill you [on my pure] or stay alive [on my main]; you'd damn well better be doing your best to kill me instead of focusing on your imaginary rules.

You are my new best friend.

Pretty much done with rs now

jjrox32: as you said, the fun in pking is RISKING millions of gp worth of items...NOT LOSING millions of gp worth of items...

People fight to experience the risk. They teleport to avoid the loss...get it? need further explanation? so are you saying that if you experience the risk of losing millions gp worth of items AND indeed really lose the items it will be fun? obviously it will only be fun to one party right...please think a bit first.

besides there are no rules in the wild...and 123yourgone if you like rsc pking that much why not just go back and play rsc? =;

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Bull. There's no fun in risking millions if you don't get a kill. Having people eat at 60 hp just kills any fun there is. If you safe as a rune pure, you'll basically just scarf down food the entire fight while your opponent whacks you repeatedly. If you didn't safe, you could get in a few hits, lower their hp, shift the momentum of the fight, and possibly get a ko.

And by the way, in case you guys don't know how to read, I never said the fun in pking was risking millions. If you aren't willing to risk what you bring into the wildy, than go to the duel arena. Especially if you're edge pking, you only lose 200k if you don't forget to drink a p pot.

You're telling me to think? You're not thinking about anything. And if you understood this, you'd realize that just because you're not safing, it doesn't mean you're automatically gonna die. As well, why do you think 123yourgone wouldn't rsc pk anymore :roll:?

If I risked millions to pk, I'd at least want a chance to get a kill.

jjroxlu7.jpg