What keeps you playing still?

danman789

Almost a year ago by now since i left RS behind, checking up on friends once and awhile, currently loving WoW way more than RS was, but i want to know from all you tip.it'ers, what keeps you playing? i look back at inflation, how PKing was basically who got lucky/ate at the right times, a bunch of worthless quest updates, stuff like that, and i see games like WoW and it just makes me wonder. Don't get me wrong, i loved RS once you got high and you grinded for hours on end on the same thing (bandits with guthans, chopping yews, high alching constantly) it gets...dull, and all i started to like doing was Dag king trips, PKing, and merchanting, and with all the inflation, and alot of scammers and the community of alot on RS, i just gave up.

Some updates make me want to come back, but i know i'd probably just grow dull, so i want to know what keeps you all still hooked, and how many have played since the good ol' RSC?

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

Just the goals I set and that i have fun

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

To pass time. I've played other MMOs with better graphics and a nicer communities, but I quickly got bored of them, as their quests are pathetic. As I'm f2p and did all the f2p quests, there's nothing to do, but the quests caused me to become attached to Runescape more than the other games I have played.

However, if my parents let me play some p2p MMOs, I would quit RS in a heartbeat.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Im not going to say i "quit".

I just gradually stopped playing.

No offense but this game sucks.

So, you're wasting your time on a message board about Runescape just to tell us in every other post you make how RuneScape sucks.

If you're really looking out for us and spending your free time steering us away from this game, then I thank you. However, I get the feeling you're just trying to be cool because you don't play anymore. :roll:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

So, you're wasting your time on a message board about Runescape just to tell us in every other post you make how RuneScape sucks.

If you're really looking out for us and spending your free time steering us away from this game, then I thank you. However, I get the feeling you're just trying to be cool because you don't play anymore. :roll:

Yes, i think im cool on a runescape forum because i dont play anymore.=D>

Also im not really wasting time considering im done with homework and dont have anything better to do, i said no offense meaning im not saying you dont have to like it just because i dont.

This game just has too many flaws and will be highly popular for a few more years and then it will go down the drain, you can quote me on that too.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Because it's free and rather easy to play. There is no way I'm paying for an MMO, that would literally make me bonded to the game, and I can't quit if I was paying for it.

Other than that, I really don't play too much. But it is my first MMO ever, I refuse to abandon or give away my account, regardless of whether I play for 10 minutes a year in the future or not.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

The goals.... like rite now i ahven't palyed much for a while probly since like july... soemtimes i jsut really get pumped up and whant to make my goal so bad i end up playing alot... without out goals runescape is boring for me.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yes, i think im cool on a runescape forum because i dont play anymore.=D>

Also im not really wasting time considering im done with homework and dont have anything better to do, i said no offense meaning im not saying you dont have to like it just because i dont.

This game just has too many flaws and will be highly popular for a few more years and then it will go down the drain, you can quote me on that too.

I still play because I still enjoy it, and that is why you play games... :roll:

I don't foresee rs "going down the drain". If you mean its popularity will crash, all the better for the people who continue playing, as the community will be rid of all of the junk that people have been complaining about. But I can't think of any reasons why its popularity would crash.

Guest Almorzan

I stay for the friends and for the fun.

I am in a community where friendships are strong and everyone treats you with equality. I am somewhat "bonded" to the friends I have and even when I took a 5 month break, I still visited their forums, walked in on their irc, and imed them with msn.

The fun part about runescape is that there is always something new to try. I just became a member today and it has opened up a world of possiblities.

Getting 1k+ total and a Santa hat while 100% F2P.

Then we'll see where we go from there.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Why do I still play? Because I'm one of those types that likes to suck every ounce of challenge out of a game that I can before moving on. This game has a lot of goals to set, and lots of things to be achieved, so I guess that's why I'm still playing.

Same here. being keylogged for 100m and my modship didnt help either.

But the game doesnt suck. I simply found it takes so many more hours of effort to be near the top at RS, when i could be Pro at other games (shadowrun, halo2) with my experience in weeks/days.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...