trading card games

amazizing333

everyones gotta admit it, at one point in their life they had trading cards of some sort. i collected pokemon cards when it first came out and i'm still collecting them now. i collected yu-gi-oh for awhile but then stopped because i though it was pretty stupid, espeacily when GX came out. i collected duel masters for a very shot while and i came into possesion of some digimon cards that i have no idea how i got them... :? i got some really rare pokemon cards but i've never gotten a card of my favorite pokemon: charizard. this is the card i want

charizardex.jpg

yeah, u gotta admit that looks imprssive... 2 bad they don't make them anymore... :cry: i'm mostly just a collector, i don't really play the games, i just collect the cards.

u guys have any rare cards from... watever tcg u played?

I played pokemon with some good friends in 2nd or 3rd grade I think. It was so much better back then. Now there are too many cards. I used to have all of the regular color gameboy games and a see-through game boy color <3:

I tried out Yugioh with my friend from IL. It was ok but just got too hard for me :P . He showed me his collection of his Yugioh cards and said they were in the $3,000s range ::'

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I still have some pokemon cards from 4th grade. I tried to sell em in a garage sale a while back, but no one would buy em. I have a couple of pretty rare cards. Ummmm *checks in back of closet and brushes off dust*

Let's see... I have the Dragonite and Pikachu card for when the first movie came out (promo) a Mewtwo that says promo on it, but I don't know when it's from.

Other than that, just a bunch of holographic cards with a couple of first editions thrown in...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Haha, those were fun well they lasted. I never actually knew how to play the game, but it was fun to collect the cards.

My friend and I got fed up with some kids at school (7th graders, mind you), who were obsessed with the game, so we made our own game. Street Biker Mayhem. In short, it owned.

freddycopymq9.png

Everything had a mounted machine gun; and we had the weirdest things: Big al (your gang boss), mark the shark (mounted machine gin of course), repo man, the DA (puts you in the 'slammer'). It was awesome.

Do baseball/football/basketball cards count? I have a decent amount of those.

No trading cards that are games though. When the pokemon ones were really big I didn't have the money. I was old enough not to care anymore when the others seemed to get big.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Haha, those were fun well they lasted. I never actually knew how to play the game, but it was fun to collect the cards.

My friend and I got fed up with some kids at school (7th graders, mind you), who were obsessed with the game, so we made our own game. Street Biker Mayhem. In short, it owned.

freddycopymq9.png

Everything had a mounted machine gun; and we had the weirdest things: Big al (your gang boss), mark the shark (mounted machine gin of course), repo man, the DA (puts you in the 'slammer'). It was awesome.

That > Pok̮̩̉̉mon :XD:

Never got into the Pok̮̩̉̉mon fad, never knew how to play the game, but I did collect and play with Yu-Gi-Oh. But that's in the past now :) .

p2gq.jpg

I've done them all at some point, Pokemon in elementary. Yu-Gi-Oh in middle school. Then MTG (which no one has mentioned yet) in late middle into high school. Of them all MTG is the most fun to play, but i probably have the most Pokemon cards.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Used to collect YuGiOh. The game was fun but after a while, I didn't want to spend money on trading cards. My friends and I still like to break out our old decks and play every once in a while. And by that, I mean like once a year.

Used to collect YuGiOh. The game was fun but after a while, I didn't want to spend money on trading cards. My friends and I still like to break out our old decks and play every once in a while. And by that, I mean like once a year.

Ditto. I haven't collected Yu-Gi-0h! Cards in about 2 years...

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I did collect some cards when it was 'cool', although I never really got into it that much, nor did I 'battle' anyone. In 4th grade it was Pokemon, and in 7th grade it was Yu Gi Oh. Still have around 80 crappy cards (that someone gave me way back when for $3...) of the latter laying around my room somewhere, the best of them being the blue eyes white dragon. Haven't even touched them in like 3 years.

What about caps or pogs, although not cards, I loved playing them!!!!!

I remember pogs. I was out in California on vacation when the craze hit there, so I picked up a lot of good ones cheap. Came back from vacation and no one knew what they were. Three weeks later they started coming into stores, a lot of cheap generic ones. That may have been the only fad that I ever took part in, mostly because I was the first one to have them by weeks.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I never got into the Pok̮̩̉̉mon cards, but I admittedly had a large deck of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I actually had a record of 34-0-2 when I had/used them. Never lost, but forced a tie twice. I had an awesome (though admittedly cheap) continuous trap card that I used constantly and combined with some spell cards. I then used monster effects to retrieve the spell cards after using them... I can't remember any of the card names, though. Been a while.

I used to collect pokemon cards like mad crazy. My parents told me they would buy a box of booster packs if I got all A's on my report cards so every report card I would get so many cards and I managed to snatch a 1st edition holo charizard from the original cards. I love the thing to death, I even have it in a hard cover on my shelf. Ive gotten tons of offers for it but I would never trade that thing.

111-1.jpg

i love MTG! right now my best deack is a red/black and im working on my black/white rebel deck now

I'm not really up to date on the game.

How is a black/white rebel deck supposed to work? I just know blue/white (with counterspells) and red/white (with burn).

My favourite decks are:

black/white creatureless control deck featuring pyhrexian arena as a card drawing engine, wrath of god, smother and vindicate as removal. I negate the drawback of the arena using a white enchantment that makes me gain life. The deck is too slow for a competitive environment.

red/blue aggro control with lots of cheap burn (shock, seal of fire, grim lavamancer, fire/ice) and a bunch of cheap fliers like [bleep]etail hatchling plus reckless charge. I also have card drawing mechanics in there, but i forgot wich ones. Haven't played in a while.

I also got a black/red deck that takes advantage of echo creatures like avalanche riders using blacks graveyard recursion abilities. I got Balthor the defiled as a killing card in there. It's a nice deck with a lot of options.

Then i have this multicolored deck with lots of enchantments and enchantment browsing utilities like enlightened tutor. It also has a bunch of mana acceleration. The idea is first to play some walls for stalement, then to bring out two or three Raka Sanctuaries to kill of any opposing creatures and to protect my enchantments with sterling grove. Eventually i'll bring out a Palinchron or an Iriscendent Angel either by hard cast or through Defense of the Heart. I also have a combo in there that would give me unlimited turns using Second chance and Hanna, Ship's Navigator, but in praxis i never won this way.

I have a pathetic Opposition deck as well and a quite okay Counter Rebel deck.

None of my decks stands a chance against serious competition, but they are fun to play and i enjoyed to build them. Most of them could do with some improvement though. The black/white features a lot of rare cards, while the others are comparatively cheap.