trading card games

amazizing333

I have all the first generation pokemon cards, alot of them 1st edition.

I'm pretty much the only one who lived nearby who knew how to play the game, rather than just collect them.

I've always wanted to learn to play Magic, I saw some people playing it once and it looked interesting.

1z2zrwo.jpg

I've always wanted to learn to play Magic, I saw some people playing it once and it looked interesting.

It certainly is a good game. It has the TCG drawback, being a money drain though. If you don't mind that, you might wanna try it. You can also play it online. There's a free trial version, where you just can play five basic decks, but it's quite fun. The game is pretty creative and complex. The basics are pretty simple, but it can get wild at some point (first time i heard of combos that can deal infinite damage i thought that had to be nonsense. Same for first turn victories.). I never played Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon, so i can't compare them to Magic.

I used to collect pokemon and I successfully collected the first "set" (as in the pokemon from red, blue and yellow......wewt I own you already

I never played the trading card game

Then I stopped after the gold and silver game cards came out

Then I collected Yu-Gi-Oh! for a while...and I played the trading card game. I was good at it to(mostly because I played the trading card game for the GBA, which is good training if your interested in the card game)

thats it for me :thumbsup:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I collected pokemon and yugioh when I was younger, when we were about to move I tried to give them away to someone I knew who still played with them but his mom thought I was up to something so she said no and I ended up taking them with me. They're roting in my room right now.

pokemon cards for the win! I still have the original 150 cards...and i mean the original original not the rereleased ones :D

I also used to collect yu-gi-oh cards, but that kinda stopped when the started making more card booster packs than people on the planet. <.<

I also was cleaning my room the other day and found a starter deck of digimon cards...they are still in pretty much mint condition, i completely forgot i bought em :lol:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

i love MTG! right now my best deack is a red/black and im working on my black/white rebel deck now

I'm not really up to date on the game.

How is a black/white rebel deck supposed to work? I just know blue/white (with counterspells) and red/white (with burn).

its supposed to bring out as many creatures as i want from the graveyard and my deck into play. also most of them have flanking so if you do kill them for a cosr of 5 mana i can bring it back and just keep firing

the poster above me is the reason y i never really got the hang of playing TCG wen i was little... :shock: , i just stuck to collecting

tcg cards arent fun if your not even going to play i never understood why people just collect :?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was a huge MTG fan back in the day. I played for a few years (probably 6th-8th grade, then a bit in like 10th/11th/12th grade [but not often]).

Used to play battle royal games with a group of maybe 5 of my friends. Those games got interesting quick and were a lot of fun. :)

I used to be an awesome deck builder. I wasn't the best at the game (at least then) but man I could build a mean deck. I remember having a red summoning deck (I could get out tons of goblins, and had that ship where is power is equal to the number of creatures you have) and I had a really nasty green/red deck.

I also toyed around with a lot of other decks, including an artifact deck, black deck, ect.

Great game really -- great game. Was expensive like others said but not all that bad. I probably have a good 2000 cards at my house just kind of sitting there. :)

I also played pokemon when I was a kid too for a bit, kind of a fun game back then.

I used to be really into MTG, i still have about 10 different decks dotted around my room...havent picked them up in years. but I kinda got more into videogaming and left TCGs behind... oh.. and pokemon cards... of course. Who didnt?

wasnt there some TIF trading cards in the gallery a while ago?

Tk5SF.png

I play Magic: the Gathering every monday night, usually some multiplayer format. At the moment most of my decks are geared towards that. My favourite at the moment is this one:

8x Forest

5x Swamp

3x Plains

2x Grove of the Burnwillows

2x Tainted Wood

4x Llanowar Elves

4x Skyshroud Elves

4x Llanowar Dead

4x Kavu Predator

4x Skyshroud Cutter

4x Congregate

4x Life Burst

4x Soothing Balm

4x Reverent Silence

4x False Cure

Basically, make your opponents gain huge amounts of life to put together a massive Kavu Predator and/or a deadly False Cure (False Cure + Congregate usually means game over because of how creature-heavy the format is). I know the mana base is a little shakey at the moment, but it can get the job done and it's incredibly fun to play.

My brother and I have way too many Magic cards we don't play much anymore though, and we never had tournament quality decks. We also have a few Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but really only enough for two good decks. We only play Yu-Gi-Oh with one of our friends, his little brother, and his dad, because anyone else would tell us how stupid Yu-Gi-Oh is, and how we're paying money for pieces of card board. I can definitely say that Magic is the better game because it actually requires good deckbuilding to win a game, while Yu-Gi-Oh requires some skill, have the better cards will more than make up for it. Sadly, that's the exact reason why the people we play Yu-Gi-Oh with don't like to play Magic. :roll:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I play Magic: the Gathering every monday night, usually some multiplayer format. At the moment most of my decks are geared towards that. My favourite at the moment is this one:

8x Forest

5x Swamp

3x Plains

2x Grove of the Burnwillows

2x Tainted Wood

4x Llanowar Elves

4x Skyshroud Elves

4x Llanowar Dead

4x Kavu Predator

4x Skyshroud Cutter

4x Congregate

4x Life Burst

4x Soothing Balm

4x Reverent Silence

4x False Cure

Basically, make your opponents gain huge amounts of life to put together a massive Kavu Predator and/or a deadly False Cure (False Cure + Congregate usually means game over because of how creature-heavy the format is). I know the mana base is a little shakey at the moment, but it can get the job done and it's incredibly fun to play.

Whew.. had to lok up half of the cards. Sweet deck - simple and to the point. What prevents you from getting overwhelmed in the early game? You have next to no defense, besides a couple of 2/2 and 1/1. I would put in some Manaproducing Walls instead of the Elves, but that's just me. I like decks with strong defence, heavy control elements and card drawing engines, or decks with massive amounts of burn.

This is my blue/red deck:

10 Mountains

10 Islands

2 Shivan Reef

1 Faerie Conclave

4 [bleep]etail Hatchling

2 Cloud of Faeries

1 Soratami Cloudskater

1 Fleeting Image

2 Raven Familiar

2 Grim Lavamancer

4 Shock

4 Seal of Fire

4 Fire/Ice

4 Reckless Charge

3 Fact or Fiction

3 Unsummon

3 Miscalculation

Send the fliers in with Reckless Charge and finish off with Burn. The card choices are a bit crude, but it works okay.

That's my black/white control:

9 Swamps

9 Plains

4 Caves of Coilos

1 Forbidding Watchtower

3 Radiant's Dragoons

4 Duress

4 Gerrard's Verdict

4 Smother

4 Vindicate

4 Wrath of God

2 Death Grasp

2 Swords to Plowshares

1 Exile

2 Enlightened Tutor

3 Phyrexian Arena

1 Haunted Crossroads

1 Convalescent Care

1 Screams of the Damned

1 Story Circle

Thinking about it, this one is pretty crude composed as well. I always have ideas for decks, but i'm too lazy to balance decks out. However.. thisone is slow, but once the cards come flowing in due to the arena the only hope for the opponent is that i deck myself before i'm able to kill him (and that's quite possible because the deck really hasn't that many kill options: Massive Death Grasps, Poking him to death with Dragoons or the Watchtower, or using Screams of the Damned...)

I play MTG, games like Pok̮̩̉̉mon and Yu-gi-oh are incredibly stupid. Pok̮̩̉̉mon is for 6-8 year olds and if you don't spend 500 dollars on a YGO deck it's a sucky deck.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The basics are pretty simple, but it can get wild at some point (first time i heard of combos that can deal infinite damage i thought that had to be nonsense. Same for first turn victories.)

this is the reason i quit playing MTG. I believe it was shortly after Stronghold(?) came out, or roughly the time they started putting holographic colors and whatnot on the new sets. I can't really remember, but the game took a turn for the worse IMO because the new sets allowed ridiculously powerful combos and then it started to become a more "official competition" game instead of just something to play for fun. i'm not sure exactly what order these events took place, but the game lost all entertainment for me after that, and i sold all my cards to a friend for 50 bucks. (a good discount at the time)

i recently acquired a green/black deck that works fairly well against another casual-fun deck, but i hardly ever get to play like that.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

The basics are pretty simple, but it can get wild at some point (first time i heard of combos that can deal infinite damage i thought that had to be nonsense. Same for first turn victories.)

this is the reason i quit playing MTG. I believe it was shortly after Stronghold(?) came out, or roughly the time they started putting holographic colors and whatnot on the new sets. I can't really remember, but the game took a turn for the worse IMO because the new sets allowed ridiculously powerful combos and then it started to become a more "official competition" game instead of just something to play for fun. i'm not sure exactly what order these events took place, but the game lost all entertainment for me after that, and i sold all my cards to a friend for 50 bucks. (a good discount at the time)

i recently acquired a green/black deck that works fairly well against another casual-fun deck, but i hardly ever get to play like that.

I wouldn't say that it has something to do with the direction MTG per se went. There were insane powerful cards before Stronghold. I guess it's the way your gaming community went. I have similar experiences. You need to play with people who have similar card pools and similar understanding of the game. The problem is that there is no turning back, once you went higher on the spiral. At least to me playing with the decks i used to play in the beginning became boring.

I'm not the biggest fan of competition myself though. I like decks that can do wild things, but i'd rather play with decks that can do planty of wild things, instead being completely focused on one strategy, with four copies of every card that is in there. It's fun to have random elements and many possibilites on what diection a match would take.

I play MTG, games like Pok̮̩̉̉mon and Yu-gi-oh are incredibly stupid. Pok̮̩̉̉mon is for 6-8 year olds and if you don't spend 500 dollars on a YGO deck it's a sucky deck.
You're kidding, right? My deck for Yu-Gi-Oh cost me less than $20 and was the best one in my neighborhood.

To make sure this topic doesn't get derailed too much I've started a split topic for specific discussion of Magic: the Gathering....

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5193049#5193049

To make sure this topic doesn't get derailed too much I've started a split topic for specific discussion of Magic: the Gathering....

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5193049#5193049

y would this b derailing? this subject IS about trading card games, MTG IS a trading card game...

I used to play lots of mtg, but that got boring and so did pokemon after I got tired of my metanite deck. Right now, I'm playing yugioh competitively, going to regionals and such.

You can actually play things like that competitively. :lol:

"Competitively" to me is just playing at regionals and sjcs.

Yugioh is a lot funner than a lot of you think. While the concepts of mtg deckbuilding aren't all that helpful, I still think it's fun. IMO, mtg is still the best tcg where the most SKILLED player wins. Pokemon got boring for me, it was all set up for a few turns and go for ohko's, and all decks did roughly the same thing with different cards.

This is my yugioh deck right now

Monsters (22)

3x Raiza the Storm Monarch

3x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

2x Cyber Dragon

2x Apprentice Magician

2x Old Vindictive Magician

1x Crystal Seer

1x Mystic Tomato

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

1x Spirit Reaper

1x Treeborn Frog

1x Breaker the Magical Warrior

1x Magician of Faith

Spells (11)

2x Soul Exchange

2x Enemy Controller

1x Nobleman of Crossout

1x Brain Control

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Heavy Storm

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Book of Moon

1x Premature Burial

Traps (7)

3x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Sakuretsu Armor

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Mirror Force

1x Torrential Tribute

Sidedeck (15)

3x Hydrogeddon

3x Shrink

2x Pulling the Rug

2x Jinzo

2x Don Zaloog

1x Nobleman of Crossout

1x Mystic Tomato

1x Scapegoat

mysig31ha.png

I used to play lots of mtg, but that got boring and so did pokemon after I got tired of my metanite deck. Right now, I'm playing yugioh competitively, going to regionals and such.

You can actually play things like that competitively. :lol:

"Competitively" to me is just playing at regionals and sjcs.

Yugioh is a lot funner than a lot of you think. While the concepts of mtg deckbuilding aren't all that helpful, I still think it's fun. IMO, mtg is still the best tcg where the most SKILLED player wins. Pokemon got boring for me, it was all set up for a few turns and go for ohko's, and all decks did roughly the same thing with different cards.

Monsters (22)

3x Raiza the Storm Monarch

3x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

2x Cyber Dragon

2x Apprentice Magician

2x Old Vindictive Magician

1x Crystal Seer

1x Mystic Tomato

1x Sangan

1x Snipe Hunter

1x Spirit Reaper

1x Treeborn Frog

1x Breaker the Magical Warrior

1x Magician of Faith

Spells (11)

2x Soul Exchange

2x Enemy Controller

1x Nobleman of Crossout

1x Brain Control

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Heavy Storm

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Book of Moon

1x Premature Burial

Traps (7)

3x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Sakuretsu Armor

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Mirror Force

1x Torrential Tribute

Sidedeck (15)

3x Hydrogeddon

3x Shrink

2x Pulling the Rug

2x Jinzo

2x Don Zaloog

1x Nobleman of Crossout

1x Mystic Tomato

1x Scapegoat

I had the idea that Spells> Monsters but hey, I quit 'cos my brother quit, no one to play with anymore.

[..]

That example deck right there is why I stopped playing. Every [good] deck is almost identical to the next, including yours- over half the cards in that deck are in all the good decks I've seen that go far in tournys. One just puts a couple of staple cards in their deck, utilizes the strategizing skills of a three-year old, and hopes their luck holds out while playing a deck nearly identical to their own.

The uniqueness of top-level decks in the game just died over time, completely. It stopped being about combos and decks built for a specific purpose and style, and more about which cards are the best on their own and for every possible situation >_>. Can't stand the YGO TCG anymore, period. Ah well, REBD still ownz.

'kay, done rambling.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.