Tattoos And Getting A Job

deloriagod

I was looking around at some pics and found something.. This is kind of what I want as for as size goes, except there would be 4 characters going up my wrist..

whitnubmission02.jpg

And they would be done better.. Those honestly don't look all that professional to me.. I'll post a pic of the way I want it if I can find one..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like you want the exact same as a friend of mine had done recently - four characters in a vertical line right? From his experience he has had no end of trouble - bouncers often refuse to let him into clubs just on the basis of a tattoo it seems so you may have difficulty.

P.S. pretty sure most people think the symbols "mean something" to them lol, whether it does to you or not people will still think of it as pretty clicḫ̩̉̉, but hey whatever floats your boat I guess.

P.S. pretty sure most people think the symbols "mean something" to them lol, whether it does to you or not people will still think of it as pretty clicḫ̩̉̉, but hey whatever floats your boat I guess.

What I mean is someone just goes into a tattoo parlor, looks through the flash, finds a kanji symbol they think is "cool" or "pretty", finds out what it means and thinks it's something they can relate to so they go ahead it get it based most on the appearence of the design rather than what it actually means. I could care less what the characters look like, it's what they mean that I'm interested in. I'm getting them in a simple font too.

A question I've always wondered, if you get a tattoo, say an arm band around your upper arm, and you decide to work out and beef up, would the tattoo distort?

I'd probably get some sort of Maori tattoo, as it is a part of my heritage.

I've been told muscle gain doesn't distort the tattoo enough to be noticeable (if it even distorts it at all). Say you had it on your stomache and put on a lot of weight in fat, then it would be distorted.

Jack Bauer has a tat ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah... Tattoos are stupid and pointless.

So.. I'm not allowed to express myself on my own body? I'm not allowed to use my body for what I want in this lifetime? Basically, you're saying that since you don't like tattoos, I shouldn't get one, right? That's too bad because I already have one and I don't plan on your opinion stopping me from getting more. Try to physically stop me, I dare you.

Also, I don't plan on a job in the gov't. I'm thinking photographer (I could open my own studio and be my own boss there), some form of art teacher, or some form of a desk job where I don't have to deal with [developmentally delayed]ed customers all day. I've thought of becoming a tattoo artist because of my love of both tattoos and art, but I have very little confidence in my own artwork and putting it on someone else just doesn't sound like fun :-#

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get fired or treated badly by your boss after an interview because you have tatoos on your forearms, then I don't think I would want to be working for someone as stereotypical as your boss.

Tatoos in general don't necessarily state what kind of person you are, I know really great people that have tatoos, but who cares about the tatoo?

~Rcty

Rcty

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get fired or treated badly by your boss after an interview because you have tatoos on your forearms, then I don't think I would want to be working for someone as stereotypical as your boss.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about that. I've decided I'd rather work for $25-30g's a year with a boss thats accepting and enjoy life than for $70g's and have to cover existing tats and not be able to get anymore and regret that later in life. As long as I can provide for my family while being allowed to express myself and not be shot down at work, life would be amazing.

I've also been thinking of something else.. Did you ever notice how your parents seem perfect in your eyes when you're young? Then you get older and you see their flaws Everyone has flaws but some are horrible. Today I mentioned to my dad I was condering a career as a tattoo artist and I'd have to live with him until my apprenticeship was up. He basically told me I would be wasting my life and if I did that I would have to move out and work my [wagon] off to pay bills while still keeping an apprenticeship (which pays very little to none for any of you who didn't know). And I know he'll want to kill me if I get these tats, but that's his problem if he doesn't like them. He let me get my first and I fell in love with it, now I want more..

personally i dont like tattoos but that doesnt mean i dislike others desisions, im just not a tattoo guy. i understand at a certain age by all means grab that tatt, but when i see 13-15yr olds having thiem i just see stupid written on their forehead. but whatever decision you choose i hope it goes well and doesnt bit ya on the bum later in life. O.o

Popoto.~<3

Yeah... Tattoos are stupid and pointless.

So.. I'm not allowed to express myself on my own body? I'm not allowed to use my body for what I want in this lifetime? Basically, you're saying that since you don't like tattoos, I shouldn't get one, right?

He never said don't get one, he said they are stupid and pointless. If your worried about it effecting your career, wait until you actually have one, then question your boss about it. If not, just take the risk.

Try to physically stop me, I dare you.

Your such a bad [wagon] :lol:

untitled-1.png

Nothing is wrong with getting tattoos, the real problem is when you cant spell upon. :shame:

Im basically saying spelling is important.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

You know, so many people are getting tattoos nowadays that its becoming less and less shunned upon. Eventually employers are going to start treating them as equal......i hope.
Most employers do. However first impressions count for a lot and given the choice of two people one with a visible tat and one without the changed of the tatless person getting the job are higher.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Personally, I think anyone that isnt Chinese who gets those things on their arm are complete idiots

I've heard stories where they often put insulting terms, such as "stupid american"

Not all idiots, it depends on the context and meaning. My friend got his name tattooed in Nepalese while he was travelling this year. His is a genuine tattoo from Nepal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You know, so many people are getting tattoos nowadays that its becoming less and less shunned upon. Eventually employers are going to start treating them as equal......i hope.
Most employers do. However first impressions count for a lot and given the choice of two people one with a visible tat and one without the changed of the tatless person getting the job are higher.

Yeah, Its sad but true.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I've heard stories where they often put insulting terms, such as "stupid american"

The thing is, I know a decent bit about getting a tattoo. I'm not just going to walk in, tell them what I want, and sit down. I'm going to go through the artists portfolios. I'm going to have my design in my hand when I walk in. I'm going to look at the design they put on my skin before they begin. And where I want it is in plain view, they can't f*ck with me like they could if I was having it done on my back.

Never give up?

Fear nothing?

You couldn't have thought of anything more original?

I was looking for meaning what I live by, not originality. I could totally get "Dude, was that the chick you were with last night?" tattooed across my chest, because I doubt anyone else has that. But I'm not going to. It's more original, but doesn't mean anything to me. Also, I want simple sayings, nothing that I could make a sleeve out of..

You could totally get "I'm Stricker and I'm afraid of Rick cause he's too much like a kangaroo". Hell, I'd pay to see you get that tatted.