~~~ .::FIRE CAPE Guide for RUNE PURES::. ~~~

Oleander

Requirements:

61 RANGE

43 PRAYER

High health is recommended, but not required.

40 DEFENSE

MUST HAVE DONE THE QUESTS NEEDED FOR PROSELYTE ARMOR.

Equipped Items:

Proselyte Helmet

Red D'hide Body ( Black is better, but requires 70 range)

Proselyte Legs/Rune Legs ( I recommend proselyte legs )

Unholy Book/ Rune Kite ( I recommend a Rune Kite )

Rune Crossbow

2k Addy Bolts and 1k Diamond (e) bolts ( You will have a lot left after Jad)

Ranger Boots

Glory/Fury ( I recommend a Fury )

Archer Ring

Red D'Hide [bleep]y Vambs/ Vambs/ Rune gloves + (Black vambs are better than red, but that needs 70 range)

Ava's Accumulator

Inventory for:

5 Saradomin Brews

300 Purple Sweets ( If you play your cards right, you will have spare )

2 Range Potions

*** Slot for Addy Bolts/Diamond (e)

19 Super Restores

*** ALL POTIONS MUST BE 4 DOSE!!! Drink these potions before you enter the Fight Cave in this order: 1 dose of Saradomin Brew, 1 dose of Super Restore, 1 dose of Range Potion.

How To Do The Fight Cave:

Waves 1-13: DO NOT PRAY, try to prevent the level 22's from attacking you as they drain your prayer. Kill in this following order: 22, 90, 45.

*** ALWAYS TRY TO STAND BY THE ITALY ROCK AND TRY TO TRAP THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE CAVE.

Wave 14: Range Pray ( 90's are Range attacks and they hit accurately )

Wave 15-21: Do not pray, ALWAYS keep the 180 trapped as they can hit hard in melee. Kill in this order: 22, 45, 180.

Wave 22-29: Range pray, remember, still keep the 180's trapped. Kill in this order: 22, 90, 45, 180.

Wave 30: Do Not Pray.

Wave 31-62: ALWAYS LEAVE MAGIC PRAYER ON FROM NOW ON. The 360s can hit up to high 40s with Magic and Melee, so try to stay about 2-3 squares away from it atleast. It really gets tricky when the 90s and 360s are out at the same time, so always be cautious. If you stay by the ITALY ROCK/BOOT you will have a slight chance of getting either the 90s, 180s, 22, 45, or 360s trapped as they might spawn from the side where you can safe against. Try to get the 90s trapped (as in they cant attack you) and kill the 360 so you can range pray to kill the 90 off, or vice versa (get the 360 trapped and kill off the 90s. It is pretty self explanatory.

blahitalybh1.png

"First you start off in the position where I was.

You follow the green line to the corner of italy..

and then run south to the bottom corner of the map..

And the follow the blue line to trap the 360 and the 90.

90% of the time this worked for me, it's basically using their range attack against them to escape.

By the time your almost north of italy and the 90 is following you... you run around the corner and the 90 gets trapped.

So the best warning now is for you to pray against what ever it is that got caught north of italy, assuming its a 90+ monster.

Basically the opposite luring strategy, for getting rid of th 360/90, Instead of luring them close in attacking range.

and to you noobie lurer's out there, I perfected the tactic by luring none other than the drunken dwarf himself (when I am alching).

You just basically stand in front of him, and run quickly behind any obstacle around you.

It may not sound like much, but it's fun, funny to do, and helps a little to get your luring strategies perfected." -Written and picture by: Choke xx

Wave 63: THANK GOD, YOU MADE IT TO JAD. TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS. Stand behind the Italy Rock ( Im not sure which direction, but the side you should be on is the one closer to the entrance. ) and leave RANGE PRAYER on. Jad makes a really low sound that sounds like 2 missiles launching, it makes a really loud noise when the spell hits you. His magic attack is very loud, it sounds like an explosion, if you hear this, switch to Magic Prayer very fast. Wait about 20 seconds with range prayer on, waiting behind in the corner of the Italy rock ( I ADVISE YOU CLICK AN EMOTE THAT YOU DONT HAVE, AS THAT DOESNT DRAIN YOUR PRAYER ). and if he doesnt show up, then he is on the other side of the Italy Rock. Drink your Saradomin Brew, Super Restore, and a Range Potion. When you are ready, fight JAD ( His Range attacks lift his legs up in the air then quickly smashes to the ground, it also makes a sound as i listed above. His Mage Prayer lifts his legs in the air and stays, it also makes a sound as listed above. )

***NOTE***: ALWAYS ATTACK JAD AND THE HEALERS WITH YOUR DIAMOND (E) BOLTS.

When you get Jad to half health, the healers come. This is the trickiest part. Attack a healer with just 1 shot, and make it come to you, attack another, and make that come to you, and the third and make it come to you, and attack the 4th/last healer and make it come to you. While you are doing this, WATCH OUT for Jad's attack as well. When you got all of the Healer's attention, DO NOT KILL THEM AS THEY WILL RESPAWN. As soon as Jad is doing a Magic attack, run straight through Jad, and like, 10 squares past him, and while you are running through Jad turn Melee pray on as soon as the mage attack hits you. THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DO. The healer's will get stuck, and all you need to worry about is killing Jad now. There are other method's to deal with the healers, such as lining them up and allowing 1 to just attack you, <--- this method will tear through your defense and do tons of damage to you, which i dont reccomend. I believe you can't kill the healers, as they respawn back. Once Jad is dead, you will do the cheer emote and leave the Cave and will be outside. You will get a message saying, "You even defeated TzTok-Jad, I am most impressed! Please accept this gift as a reward." There, you got your FIRE CAPE and a few thousand Tokkuls. ENJOY!!!

TzTok-Jad.gifPicture by Tip.it

extra1.gifPicture by Runecrypt

***NOTE***: YOUTUBE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR VIDEO'S AND GUIDES. TRY TO WATCH THEM AND YOU CAN LEARN PRAYER SWITCHING FROM THAT AS WELL. THERE ARE ALSO OTHER WAYS OF DOING FIGHT CAVE, BUT I RECOMMEND THIS ONE. I BELIEVE IT IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE.

http://www.youtube.com

Rate my guide please ^_^

Thank you for those who helped me, and thank you tip it and runecrypt for the pictures!

Thank you for Reading!

~~ Killed Jad and received fire cape at level 69.~~

How to post screenshots

Because tipit loves pictures <3:

Nice guide anyway

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

61 RANGE

Black D'hide Body

Hey good guide, i like to read even though i'll never make a rune pure.

The mistake above, either u need 71 range (which i dont think you mean) or you mean BLUE d'hide body.

And yeah, pics are good. I'll check back hoping for pics.

61 RANGE

Black D'hide Body

Hey good guide, i like to read even though i'll never make a rune pure.

The mistake above, either u need 71 range (which i dont think you mean) or you mean BLUE d'hide body.

And yeah, pics are good. I'll check back hoping for pics.

oh right my bad, thanks for picking up that mistake, but i dont think im going to add pictures, sorry!

Outdated guide, since the monster movement update, the Italy rock is almost useless. This way is just plain suicide.

let me just say, you are COMPLETELY WRONG about this, except for that they updated the movement to 9x9. ITALY ROCK is never useless, just because they updated movements doesnt mean they cant trap, how do you think most people win? The Italy Rock has 3 safespots, even after the update, if you know how to trap ( REALLY EASY AT SAFE SPOTS) then you are good. This way is not complete suicide, how do you think a lot of the people do it? They use italy rock and TRAP the monsters, go ask anyone that knows about fight cave, and this is not outdated. I did it twice this method, and so has a lot of my friends

Outdated guide, since the monster movement update, the Italy rock is almost useless. This way is just plain suicide.

let me just say, you are COMPLETELY WRONG about this, except for that they updated the movement to 9x9. ITALY ROCK is never useless, just because they updated movements doesnt mean they cant trap, how do you think most people win? The Italy Rock has 3 safespots, even after the update, if you know how to trap ( REALLY EASY AT SAFE SPOTS) then you are good. This way is not complete suicide, how do you think a lot of the people do it? They use italy rock and TRAP the monsters, go ask anyone that knows about fight cave, and this is not outdated. I did it twice this method, and so has a lot of my friends

Well, at least explain how to do it, that's what a guide is supposed to do. Your guide has very little information besides on how to beat Jad, personally I wonder how you do the waves with the 360's and 90's with 45 defence. The 90's hit me with 80 def, sara brew and a pretty good range def bonus (neitiznot helm, karils top, verac skirt and dragon square) still quite hard. I thought you'd be totally owned with 45 defence.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

ok umm, well, really its self explanitory. what do you need help on? every wave basically is simple (not as in dificulty level, as in to understand) the only thing you need to learn about on is jad.

add me in game.

for the 360s and 90s, i said they were tricky. you attack the 90s first, but they usually get trapped because of THE ITALY ROCK <- (hah so it does have a big purpose ^^ lol ) the 90 might spawn on one side where they cant attack me, so i can just deal with the 360, or vice versa. if this isnt the case, then you just need to kill the 90s fast, its not that hard with addy bolts as you can hit in the well 20s with 60 ish or 70s range.

ok umm, well, really its self explanitory. what do you need help on? every wave basically is simple (not as in dificulty level, as in to understand) the only thing you need to learn about on is jad.

add me in game.

for the 360s and 90s, i said they were tricky. you attack the 90s first, but they usually get trapped because of THE ITALY ROCK <- (hah so it does have a big purpose ^^ lol ) the 90 might spawn on one side where they cant attack me, so i can just deal with the 360, or vice versa. if this isnt the case, then you just need to kill the 90s fast, its not that hard with addy bolts as you can hit in the well 20s with 60 ish or 70s range.

I still don't get it, how and where do they get trapped? Where do you have to stand to get them trapped? Etc. That's the information you should put into your guide. The point of a guide is to let people learn something, not to say; "well it's quite easy and self explained", if it was like that you don't need a guide about it.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

add me in game.

I still don't get it, how and where do they get trapped? Where do you have to stand to get them trapped? Etc. That's the information you should put into your guide. The point of a guide is to let people learn something, not to say; "well it's quite easy and self explained", if it was like that you don't need a guide about it.

i would need a picture to describe that.... which i said i wont put up (i learned how, but i am not gonna go back to caves just for that); umm a spot is the heel part of the italy rock, where the skeleton or that vent thing is, and what do you not get when i say its pretty much self explanitory? everyone else seems to get it, i cant describe it as i said, no pictures, and do i look stupid to you? i think i know what a guide is, you dont have to give me basic information, if you disagree so much about it that each post that you make has to be something negative,i appreciate your suggestions, but i dont appreciate it when you think im a dunce, giving me basic facts for a guide. Leave if you dont like it, i just did it on my spare time for you guys.

fyi, you need to like, try the cave to get what you really are supposed to do, so maybe you should try standing at a different spot each time at the italy rock and see what traps, sorry i cant describe what you need help on, too.. hard

I agree with purple sweets as opposed to blood spells.

when my zerker pure did fight caves for the first time, the blood spells where barely healing me, if at all...

the monsters with enough hp to heal yourself with have fair magic defense, even the melee guy.

I personally prefer crystal bow as compared to rune crossbow w/ diamond bolts & rune kite.

The bolts are a little annoying to buy, and crystal bow gives you a good range boost and is pretty effective.

And if your a good rune pure, you should already have a crystal bow (rfd duhhh).

slaynedx7.th.png

That was what happened the first time, the 90s kept pounding me and I had no source of healing when I was getting piled except for the brews, which soon ran out.

My next attempt will be with the same Armour, except rune legs and a archer helm.

and invo will have800 purple sweets, I know it's alot, but I'd rather go safe, because getting up to wave 50, and then dying, is a bad feeling.

and the same amount of brews, (the mystic top will be a brew/range pot as I wont be maging).

I didn't have much of a problem with prayer drainage.

I like god cloak over accumulator as I don't need to collect my arrows, and god cloak gives a prayer boost and +3 to defense stats.

my next attempt will go great assuming I don't lose connection on jad.

I have 52 prayer now, higher hp, experience in the caves, and more motivation for the cape.

nice guide 8.5 / 10

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

add me in game.

i would need a picture to describe that.... which i said i wont put up (i learned how, but i am not gonna go back to caves just for that); umm a spot is the heel part of the italy rock, where the skeleton or that vent thing is, and what do you not get when i say its pretty much self explanitory? everyone else seems to get it, i cant describe it as i said, no pictures, and do i look stupid to you? i think i know what a guide is, you dont have to give me basic information, if you disagree so much about it that each post that you make has to be something negative,i appreciate your suggestions, but i dont appreciate it when you think im a dunce, giving me basic facts for a guide. Leave if you dont like it, i just did it on my spare time for you guys.

Well apparently, you don't know what a good guide is if you state can't describe it. I do, however get it now.

I still have one question, what do you do if the 90 is out of reach when you're in the safe spot and there is a 360 in the wave too? Quite possible on the waves with a lot of monsters. Do you kill the monsters blocking it first while letting the 90 shoot at you? Or has it just never happened before? Which means the change of getting is probably neglectable.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I agree with purple sweets as opposed to blood spells.

when my zerker pure did fight caves for the first time, the blood spells where barely healing me, if at all...

the monsters with enough hp to heal yourself with have fair magic defense, even the melee guy.

I personally prefer crystal bow as compared to rune crossbow w/ diamond bolts & rune kite.

The bolts are a little annoying to buy, and crystal bow gives you a good range boost and is pretty effective.

And if your a good rune pure, you should already have a crystal bow (rfd duhhh).

slaynedx7.th.png

That was what happened the first time, the 90s kept pounding me and I had no source of healing when I was getting piled except for the brews, which soon ran out.

My next attempt will be with the same Armour, except rune legs and a archer helm.

and invo will have800 purple sweets, I know it's alot, but I'd rather go safe, because getting up to wave 50, and then dying, is a bad feeling.

and the same amount of brews, (the mystic top will be a brew/range pot as I wont be maging).

I didn't have much of a problem with prayer drainage.

I like god cloak over accumulator as I don't need to collect my arrows, and god cloak gives a prayer boost and +3 to defense stats.

my next attempt will go great assuming I don't lose connection on jad.

I have 52 prayer now, higher hp, experience in the caves, and more motivation for the cape.

nice guide 8.5 / 10

Didn't do rfd at the time ( now have dragon gloves ), i prefer addy bolts e / diamond because crystal is too slow, and diamond e tears apart the 360 and jad in no time ( saves so much pots, i finished with 7 super restores lleft) so that makes accumalator kind of a must, unless you got countless millions and you dont care about losing 2k bolts

add me in game.

Well apparently, you don't know what a good guide is if you state can't describe it. I do, however get it now.

I still have one question, what do you do if the 90 is out of reach when you're in the safe spot and there is a 360 in the wave too? Quite possible on the waves with a lot of monsters. Do you kill the monsters blocking it first while letting the 90 shoot at you? Or has it just never happened before? Which means the change of getting is probably neglectable.

Well apparently your an idiot because for 1, its just you who doesnt understand how freakin easy it is to understand because it is common sense if you tried fight cave, and 2, after you just said that you think im gonna answer to you? are you serious? And once again, simple, if you have the 90 trapped, why would you go attack the 90 when it cant hit you? kill the 360 first and then the 90 last.

When I found out the blood spells weren't going to work, I basically used the caves as a learning experience.

I got to wave 51 without a primary method of healing using this.

Here is my method to dealing with the 360s and 90s together since it looks like people cant get the idea.

blahitalybh1.png

First you start off in the position where I was.

90% of the time this worked for me, it's basically using their range attack against them to escape.

By the time your almost north of italy and the 90 is following you... you run around the corner and the 90 gets trapped.

So the best warning now is for you to pray against what ever it is that got caught north of italy, assuming its a 90+ monster.

Basically the opposite luring strategy, for getting rid of th 360/90, Instead of luring them close in attacking range.

and to you noobie lurer's out there, I perfected the tactic by luring none other than the drunken dwarf himself (when I am alching).

You just basically stand in front of him, and run quickly behind any obstacle around you.

It may not sound like much, but it's fun, funny to do, and helps a little to get your luring strategies perfected.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

When I found out the blood spells weren't going to work, I basically used the caves as a learning experience.

I got to wave 51 without a primary method of healing using this.

Here is my method to dealing with the 360s and 90s together since it looks like people cant get the idea.

blahitalybh1.png

First you start off in the position where I was.

It may not sound like much, but it's fun, funny to do, and helps a little to get your luring strategies perfected.

nice choke, can i try to put this in my guide? (i'll put that it was done by you for this section ^_^)