Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~~~ .::FIRE CAPE Guide for RUNE PURES::. ~~~

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

ok umm, well, really its self explanitory. what do you need help on? every wave basically is simple (not as in dificulty level, as in to understand) the only thing you need to learn about on is jad.

add me in game.

for the 360s and 90s, i said they were tricky. you attack the 90s first, but they usually get trapped because of THE ITALY ROCK <- (hah so it does have a big purpose ^^ lol ) the 90 might spawn on one side where they cant attack me, so i can just deal with the 360, or vice versa. if this isnt the case, then you just need to kill the 90s fast, its not that hard with addy bolts as you can hit in the well 20s with 60 ish or 70s range.

I still don't get it, how and where do they get trapped? Where do you have to stand to get them trapped? Etc. That's the information you should put into your guide. The point of a guide is to let people learn something, not to say; "well it's quite easy and self explained", if it was like that you don't need a guide about it.

i would need a picture to describe that.... which i said i wont put up (i learned how, but i am not gonna go back to caves just for that); umm a spot is the heel part of the italy rock, where the skeleton or that vent thing is, and what do you not get when i say its pretty much self explanitory? everyone else seems to get it, i cant describe it as i said
, no pictures, and do i look stupid to you? [b]i think i know what a guide is, you dont have to give me basic information, if you disagree so much about it that each post that you make has to be something negative,i appreciate your suggestions, but i dont appreciate it when you think im a dunce, giving me basic facts for a guide. Leave if you dont like it, i just did it on my spare time for you guys.

Well apparently, you don't know what a good guide is if you state can't describe it. I do, however get it now.

I still have one question, what do you do if the 90 is out of reach when you're in the safe spot and there is a 360 in the wave too? Quite possible on the waves with a lot of monsters. Do you kill the monsters blocking it first while letting the 90 shoot at you? Or has it just never happened before? Which means the change of getting is probably neglectable.

Well apparently your an idiot because for 1, its just you who doesnt understand how freakin easy it is to understand because it is common sense if you tried fight cave, and 2, after you just said that you think im gonna answer to you? are you serious? And once again, simple, if you have the 90 trapped, why would you go attack the 90 when it cant hit you? kill the 360 first and then the 90 last.
~~ Killed Jad and received fire cape at level 69.~~

choke_xx
[ Display Name History ]

choke_xx

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
When I found out the blood spells weren't going to work, I basically used the caves as a learning experience.

I got to wave 51 without a primary method of healing using this.

Here is my method to dealing with the 360s and 90s together since it looks like people cant get the idea.

Posted Image

First you start off in the position where I was.

You follow the green line to the corner of italy..

and then run south to the bottom corner of the map..

And the follow the blue line to trap the 360 and the 90.

90% of the time this worked for me, it's basically using their range attack against them to escape.

By the time your almost north of italy and the 90 is following you... you run around the corner and the 90 gets trapped.

So the best warning now is for you to pray against what ever it is that got caught north of italy, assuming its a 90+ monster.

Basically the opposite luring strategy, for getting rid of th 360/90, Instead of luring them close in attacking range.

and to you noobie lurer's out there, I perfected the tactic by luring none other than the drunken dwarf himself (when I am alching).

You just basically stand in front of him, and run quickly behind any obstacle around you.

It may not sound like much, but it's fun, funny to do, and helps a little to get your luring strategies perfected.
Posted Image
^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.
Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

When I found out the blood spells weren't going to work, I basically used the caves as a learning experience.

I got to wave 51 without a primary method of healing using this.

Here is my method to dealing with the 360s and 90s together since it looks like people cant get the idea.

Posted Image

First you start off in the position where I was.

You follow the green line to the corner of italy..

and then run south to the bottom corner of the map..

And the follow the blue line to trap the 360 and the 90.

90% of the time this worked for me, it's basically using their range attack against them to escape.

By the time your almost north of italy and the 90 is following you... you run around the corner and the 90 gets trapped.

So the best warning now is for you to pray against what ever it is that got caught north of italy, assuming its a 90+ monster.

Basically the opposite luring strategy, for getting rid of th 360/90, Instead of luring them close in attacking range.

and to you noobie lurer's out there, I perfected the tactic by luring none other than the drunken dwarf himself (when I am alching).

You just basically stand in front of him, and run quickly behind any obstacle around you.

It may not sound like much, but it's fun, funny to do, and helps a little to get your luring strategies perfected.

nice choke, can i try to put this in my guide? (i'll put that it was done by you for this section ^_^)

choke_xx
[ Display Name History ]

choke_xx

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
Sure :D

^_^
Posted Image
^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.
Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
ok, let me try if i can get it to work lol

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
tweaked

I_Fly_High_G
[ Display Name History ]

I_Fly_High_G

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 229 posts

ok umm, well, really its self explanitory. what do you need help on? every wave basically is simple (not as in dificulty level, as in to understand) the only thing you need to learn about on is jad.

add me in game.

for the 360s and 90s, i said they were tricky. you attack the 90s first, but they usually get trapped because of THE ITALY ROCK <- (hah so it does have a big purpose ^^ lol ) the 90 might spawn on one side where they cant attack me, so i can just deal with the 360, or vice versa. if this isnt the case, then you just need to kill the 90s fast, its not that hard with addy bolts as you can hit in the well 20s with 60 ish or 70s range.

I still don't get it, how and where do they get trapped? Where do you have to stand to get them trapped? Etc. That's the information you should put into your guide. The point of a guide is to let people learn something, not to say; "well it's quite easy and self explained", if it was like that you don't need a guide about it.

i would need a picture to describe that.... which i said i wont put up (i learned how, but i am not gonna go back to caves just for that); umm a spot is the heel part of the italy rock, where the skeleton or that vent thing is, and what do you not get when i say its pretty much self explanitory? everyone else seems to get it, i cant describe it as i said
, no pictures, and do i look stupid to you? i think i know what a guide is, you dont have to give me basic information, if you disagree so much about it that each post that you make has to be something negative,i appreciate your suggestions, but i dont appreciate it when you think im a dunce, giving me basic facts for a guide. Leave if you dont like it, i just did it on my spare time for you guys.

Well apparently, you don't know what a good guide is if you state can't describe it. I do, however get it now.

I still have one question, what do you do if the 90 is out of reach when you're in the safe spot and there is a 360 in the wave too? Quite possible on the waves with a lot of monsters. Do you kill the monsters blocking it first while letting the 90 shoot at you? Or has it just never happened before? Which means the change of getting is probably neglectable.

Well apparently your an idiot because for 1, its just you who doesnt understand how freakin easy it is to understand because it is common sense if you tried fight cave, and 2, after you just said that you think im gonna answer to you? are you serious? And once again, simple, if you have the 90 trapped, why would you go attack the 90 when it cant hit you? kill the 360 first and then the 90 last.

90's can still hit you even tho they 'look' like they're trapped. If a 90 is next to a 360, the 90 could still possibly hit you if the 360 isnt able to block it. Thus you get hit for high damage.

And isnt this a guide? You're suppose to help people who dont understand not flame them because they ask questions.

To answer his question, you atk the one who you're not praying against except for the 180 who can be safespotted easily. So if you have a 360, 90, and 180 in your wave, you pray mage, run around so the 180 gets trapped in a safe spot if he didnt spawn south of italy rock, then take out the 90 as you are vulnerable to its ranged atk, especially rune pures who have low defence, eating purple sweets that heal 3 wont be fast enough and you'll be out of brews if you keep drinking them.
Posted Image99 Crafting acheived 31/01/08
Posted Image99 Strength acheived 17/12/07

raz
[ Display Name History ]

raz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
Very good guide :D thank you! :D

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

add me in game.

, no pictures, and do i look stupid to you? i think i know what a guide is, you dont have to give me basic information, if you disagree so much about it that each post that you make has to be something negative,i appreciate your suggestions, but i dont appreciate it when you think im a dunce, giving me basic facts for a guide. Leave if you dont like it, i just did it on my spare time for you guys.

90's can still hit you even tho they 'look' like they're trapped. If a 90 is next to a 360, the 90 could still possibly hit you if the 360 isnt able to block it. Thus you get hit for high damage.

And isnt this a guide? You're suppose to help people who dont understand not flame them because they ask questions.

To answer his question, you atk the one who you're not praying against except for the 180 who can be safespotted easily. So if you have a 360, 90, and 180 in your wave, you pray mage, run around so the 180 gets trapped in a safe spot if he didnt spawn south of italy rock, then take out the 90 as you are vulnerable to its ranged atk, especially rune pures who have low defence, eating purple sweets that heal 3 wont be fast enough and you'll be out of brews if you keep drinking them.

i would have if he didnt make me sound like im an idiot, anyways, if the 90 is next to / behind a 360 and can still hit you, you would run in the other direction so you are further and the 360 wont move unless you get out of screen with it, which makes the 90s not able to attack you.

Mat
[ Display Name History ]

Mat

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,283 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Fell Soleus
1/10.. muggies guide is better

you don't explain anything

you flame when others ask questions instead of answering

you're not going to get very far by following what you said word for word.

Posted Image

chaosgone
[ Display Name History ]

chaosgone

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • RSN:chaosgone
Nice guide! I don't have a pure, but it will still help me. (I need to kill a Ket-Zek for the Karamja Achievement Diary.)

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
Nice guide, 7/10, I would use unholy book instead of rune kite, since you are going to be ranging with safespot you don't really need def (cept the part when you get to 90s and 360s) add more pics and would be better to try with 70 ranged

Posted Image

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
up =)

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
up

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
wow, btw i quit runescape, but i still will try to help out with this guide, bump

Doctorbender
[ Display Name History ]

Doctorbender

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
Nice new method, one year ill try it :P
Posted Image
more bank space for non-members

th3warr1or
[ Display Name History ]

th3warr1or

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 152 posts
6/10.

#1) Very little Pictures

#2) Most of the pictures, If not ALL are not taken by you

#3) Seeing as the Cape Reward Screen is from RuneCrypt, i doubt you even have the cape. Sorry if i am wrong, but if you don't have the cape i suggest you don't write a guide to mislead people. Again, if I am wrong, sorry.

#4) Explain more, how does the trapping work, if it fails to trap etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Click My Signature For Training Guide/LSK respectively.

Oleander
[ Display Name History ]

Oleander

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
none of the pictures are taken by me, i dont know why i didnt take pictures of my self, and yes i do have a fire cape, go ask pipeelbakan if he still remembers me (quit rs for about 4 months now) he was the first one to post here. I dont really care if you believe me or not, fact is, i have it, and i wrote a guide about it to help people on how i did it, and may help others (seems my job is done though). Im not going to update this guide, and this guide is probably outdated by now, too lazy, i quit this game, no point in doing all that crap for a game i dont care about.

th3warr1or
[ Display Name History ]

th3warr1or

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 152 posts

none of the pictures are taken by me, i dont know why i didnt take pictures of my self, and yes i do have a fire cape, go ask pipeelbakan if he still remembers me (quit rs for about 4 months now) he was the first one to post here. I dont really care if you believe me or not, fact is, i have it, and i wrote a guide about it to help people on how i did it, and may help others (seems my job is done though). Im not going to update this guide, and this guide is probably outdated by now, too lazy, i quit this game, no point in doing all that crap for a game i dont care about.

very well then, sorry
Posted Image
Posted Image
Click My Signature For Training Guide/LSK respectively.

saif
[ Display Name History ]

saif

Banned

• Banned
  • 456 posts
pretty usefull ty so much :twss:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users