The Most Faulty System Ever Created

wakka102

I'm incredibly angry at the moment. This is the second time my 360 has broken and it wasn't even the 3 red rings this time! About an hour before this post I was play The Godfather on 360 and in the middle of the game it suddenly froze and my xbox started making these aweful crunching noises, I jumped up and ran over to it and opened it and the disk was fine. I tried putting in another disk and it made this noise when opening and closing and it does this with every game/Disk that I've tried. Theres some video's on youtube of people with similar issues and they say just send it in. I'm really tired of console systems. They are just eating away at my paychecks because I keep buying games and stuff, I liked my old gaming habit of 5$ a month, I might just have to take it back up because this is really frustrating.

Also, I'm going to make to cancel my halo 3 preorder :x :x

I think you've just been really unlucky. Explain the situation when you send it in and who knows, you might get a free upgrade.

you only get a free upgrade/replacement if you have the 3 red lights error, i guess you could overheat the console to get the 3 lights, then you would be eligible for a free replacement.

Thats unlucky. My friend's console has served him just fine and he's had it since it was released. My console hasn't had any problems and I've had it since Christmas. Everyone I know who has a 360 hasn't had any problems with theirs either. My friends and I all keep our consoles laying flat so that might have something to do with it. I'm not sure how you set your console.

yea my 360 is brand new and my xbox live gets [bleep]ed up so much and no it isnt my connection and it pisses me off

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

Also, I'm going to make to cancel my halo 3 preorder

What the hell is wrong with you? :anxious: :anxious:

Halo sucks.

[flamewar]

Mhm, flamewar 8-)

Halo games own :lol:

25 Bucks short for Halo 3 -.-

Grrrrrrrr...

Also, I'm going to make to cancel my halo 3 preorder

What the hell is wrong with you? :anxious: :anxious:

I know. Most FPS fans wouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

But Bubsa >,< the story is what most people are after, not the genre!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I think you've just been really unlucky. Explain the situation when you send it in and who knows, you might get a free upgrade.

you only get a free upgrade/replacement if you have the 3 red lights error, i guess you could overheat the console to get the 3 lights, then you would be eligible for a free replacement.

No, the warrenty was extended to 3 years so I can get it fixed for free, so I';m not too upset, its just that the system has a 33% calculated failure rate. It's just really sad.

and to the guy talking bout halo 3 preorder, I have no use in getting the game if my system is broken, Plus I'm not a halo fan in the first place, I was only getting it for the co-op :P .

What do you expect from an american made game console. Xbox has a few fun games (like 2, they're not halo i'm not a fan) but overall xbox is not a very system IMO.

America has nothing to do with it?

Thats like me saying I won't buy a PS3 because it comes from Japan.

cyco_1.jpg

I got the 3 red rings a month ago on my 360. I couldn't tell you what the crunch was unless you open your 360 up. I'd have to bet something f*cked up in the disc drive or one of the fans shattered (that happened on my laptops external cooling thingy). But it's almost a 2 man job to get a 360 open. Getting the case off it's such a pain it's not even funny. The damn thing is all snap together pieces and if you're not careful you'll break it. But if you still have the warrenty on yours just send it in.. I guess my parents never got the warrenty on mine so I just ripped the sob apart.. But my bro is getting an Elite for his birthday and I'm psyched for the Halo 3 release ^_^

There are so many problems with the 360 and so many people have had to send theirs back

Here is some of the problems

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id...Explained.html

In response to the recent Mercury News interview, a man who has had 8 consoles fail so far explains what he believes the issue with the hardware is.

Besides the issues mentioned in the article, the 360 suffers from the following issues:

-dvd scratching caused by Hitachi drives

-Dirty Disc/open tray caused by failing lasers (ms uses drives with weak lasers).

-Open tray caused by magnets detaching from the laser meganism.

-X-CLAMP issues (causing overheating).

-Video output becoming darker until it completely stops working

The Elite suffers from the same issues.

Personally, I think that it's ridiculous that Microsoft can get away with this and that people keep supporting them. Why not use quality DVD drives etc? I'm sure that this costs them more than a proper 360 design.

yes.png

Get a Wii! :D
Worst advice of the thread. Wii's have like 2 good games out now.

I think you have some bad luck. Everyone I know with a 360 hasnt had any trouble.

Lol, you mean best advice of thread because the wii is a lot more reliable!

Microsoft stated the failure rates are about 3-5%.

However many people doubt that and some Xbox 360 retailors have stated a failure rate of 30%!

compare with other rivals:

PS3: under 1%

Wii: under 1%

360: not too sure but the failure rates are high.

they can put better hardware in but that would increase the price and microsoft have already lost 1 billion by increasing the warranty because the console breaks down too much.