What brought you to tip.it?

JamieMcMe

Hi everybody!

I was wondering how the tip.iters of today actually came to tip.it.

Was it through a friend? Random search? etc. Also, what made you stay on tip.it? The community? The TET events? or something else? Are you glad you found it?

I actually found the Tip.it website after a random search for "Runescape Fansite". And I fell in love with it. I found the guides really helpful, i would read them over and over again. Then, eventually I joined the forums and I loved those too. The friendly community, helping people in "Help and Advice" reading the guides in the AOW. It was just brilliant! I am really glad that I found and joined tip.it, it helped me make a new really good friend, he knows who he is.

So, what is your story?

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

Why did I come to Tip.It?

Quest Guides and stuff to sell... :wink:

How did I hear about it?

Not sure, but I think it was through friends or family. :-k

What caused me to stay?

Ain't that obvious? The community! :thumbsup:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I was looking for a quest guide

How did I hear about it?

I used google to search for quest guides, and in a short while I saw that the first result was always at runetips, or tip.it. I eventually found the forums.

What caused me to stay?

In the beginning, the quest guides, even though during Classic they were a bit... wonky. Now, I stay for the best RuneScape forums on the web.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I hear of a magic site which had WRITTEN DIRECTIONS for help with Runescape OMG!!! (I would have never beat ernest the chicken :P)

How did I hear about it?

From my school-friend who got me to start playing Runescape, I heard about it and I was like wow.

What caused me to stay?

I guess a sense of loyalty, I like the setup and the community is nice(although I didn't join the forums until 2yrs after I started using tipit)

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I went to google and searched help sites for a quest and found tipit.

I've been using the site since 2004 but only joined forums this summer. Just decided to try them out and I LOVE them. <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Found by someone mentioning it on zybez community(found that through a search for runescape market price guide). Just browsing through soem of their things for a couple of minutes. I read hundreds of pages of articles before i registered.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

i was switching between here and runehq. tip.it won

How did I hear about it?

looking for guides, and stumbled on the two above mentioned sites.

What caused me to stay?

i took one look at runehq's forums and decided that tip.it was the better site... mainly because there weren't human moderators at that time and it wasn't organized too well. my runehq account might even still be in existence...

i think i might have made an account here back in '05, although missed the email confirmation or something like that

I found tipit through one of firefox's extensions. It was called runescape toolbar or something. But, it had links to guides, worlds and a whole bunch of other things. I loved it. I would visit the guides occasionally, but when I started to use them, I ended up returning to tipit ones. The site name stuck in my head, and I would read its guides a lot. They were very informative and good to relieve boredom. I probably read every guide about 10 times. I swear to god.

I eventually decided to join the forums. I was at first apprehensive about joining them because the looked so alien. I was used to Vbulletin ones. I eventually got over the asthetic look of the forums and started rarely posting. I also at that time got sucked into the tipit chat. I loved that. I said to myself, if I am to get to know everyone better in the forums, why not do it on the chat! I started chatting right away and loved it. I gained a few friends (I think) and I wasn't hated by the community (I think :P). I eventually started to post on the forums too. And, now I am where I am.

That was from my blog.

tfssig.png

I came because I wanted to see a picture of a player wearing full dragon (d legs had just been released), and you had to be a forum member to see it.

I heard from it from google, I had used it for quest guides and other tools for a while.

I stayed because it was the only forum I was a member of and I enjoyed posting here.

For the calculators,item guids,quest guids etc.

How did I hear about it?

From a good friend IRL and on RS

What caused me to stay?

The forums...joined on the frist day i used tip.it

Tip.it FTW!!!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

quest guides pwn

How did I hear about it?

googling runescape i found it...

What caused me to stay?

i didnt start using forums but about 5 months after i used quest guides i started making a blog for my old main and the comunity is awsome and pwn all <3:<3:<3:

Hi all,

Well, I first came to tip it when I started playing RuneScape in late 2004. I googled "RuneScape 2 Help". I think it was for help on the Prince Ali Quest. (I was F2P and a really low level. I still am a low level considering how long I have been here - 53)

I found all the guides, databases and most definitely the atlas very useful. From when I started, I always looked around tip it forums but I never made an account.

Finally in May 2007, I thought I may as well have an account and be able to share my opinion so I started cowman_133. [hide=Just a quick off topic item.](Also last night just to fill in the blanks, I created [email protected], [email protected], and I got an ICQ number. Just to fill in the blanks :XD: )[/hide]

I stayed on tipit because other fansites had weird guides, advertised gold and yew log buying, and were just obnoxious. And some of the advertisements of other fansites were absurd and inappropriate. Also, tip it community is very welcoming and I hope it stays that way. Also, tip it chat really increased my reservoir of tip it friends. I have many of them and on tip it chat I can ow actually say hyt! Its pretty exciting.

I hope that answers your question. :P

Signed,

Cowman_133

RuneScape player since 2004

1.png
generic_signature.png

They are the best fansite. Period. Some people go to Zybez because of the item prices, but the format hurts my eyes and there's a banner at the top of every page about real world buying.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~