How to own the rarest item in the game :)

FooK-A-Ji

Why not buy them all and then they'll be so rare the price will still go up, but only every sell one.

Do you really have to destroy them?

would it not be better just to crack them rather then alchin making party hats cheaper and them more expensive.

I explain why to high alch them in the first post.

Knowing they still exist will not push the price up, just because you are the only person with them.

Multiple items = Multiple prices.

1 item = 1 price... YOU OWN PRICE. -.-

Yeah but you don't have to admit to, having them I mean alch some and crack some and save about 40 no one has to know you have them..

Cracking would be better as I said to make some cash with teh phats.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was a group of investors who tried to do something like this with party hats back in the days before RS2, when prices were not nearly as insane as they are now. Or at least they theorized doing it; I forget if they were pre- or post-dupe so either they were discouraged by the new proliferation, or they lacked the commitment to their project.

The truly, truly insane way to do it would be to buy all that you could get your hands on (over time), and alch them all at once in a single extravaganza of wealth destruction. (Videoing it for posterity, of course.)

Or, if you're even more sadistic, find the remotest spot you can possibly think of (the mahogany tree island above the cave horror dungeon on Mos'le Harmless, just as a f'r instance), drop each cracker on the ground, and stand amongst them for two minutes -- give a speech, stay silent, do whatever you like -- until they all just... disappear.

That video would drive most mere mortals insane, like gazing upon the unspeakable horrors of H. P. Lovecraft.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Its impossible, if you have 1 Billion you can buy 2 christmas crackers only cause they are 500M each, and with 2 christmas cracker you wouldnt destroy all of em :roll:

No really?

Your post just dropped this topics average iq with around 100 points. ::'

p.s. which one are you? ajay? nick?

Its impossible, if you have 1 Billion you can buy 2 christmas crackers only cause they are 500M each, and with 2 christmas cracker you wouldnt destroy all of em :roll:

No really?

Well that must be a blow, because this topic is one of the dumber topics on here.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

No really?

Well that must be a blow, because this topic is one of the dumber topics on here.

Glad to hear I managed to write something to match your brain capacity than! \'

No really?

lul buy every cracker in the game then alch it, you'll be uber rich.

=D>

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

No really?

lul buy every cracker in the game then alch it, you'll be uber rich.

=D>

Unlike you, its not all about being rich in the game, dimwit.

Although owning the only item of that rare type would mean you could charge 99 billion for it if u wanted, numbnuts. Bet u didnt think about that.

In theory, this might work

In Real life, this never works

Why?

(1) There are still many people owning Crackers, partially thanks for the duplicate loophole being abused ages ago. Some of them made a lot of crackers, and sold them before he got banned for abusing bugs, effectively increasing the number of crackers in the markets.

(2) This costs a lot. Buying a cracker needs hundreds of nats crafting, so, by skills, it is IMPOSSIBLE to gather the $$ by skills. Staking? You may win, but you may lose as well, for example, due to a unforeseen tactic employed by your opponent

(3) There are many people speculating on rares, and seeing the rising tide of crackers, they will hold their crackers instead of selling them. Price rises

Once the price reaches a extremely high point (for example, 500b in item for a cracker), the speculators will get satisfied, and all of them will SELL their crackers to gain a massive profit, at a slightly lower price.

You LOSE as a result

(4) There will be some people who will unite, once your determination to alch crackers is clear, as shown as the videos. They will stop selling cracker to you, preventing you to obtain all the crackers in the market

Currently taking a break from Runescape

- You will for sure be noted in the Runescape histrÃÆÃâÃâóry books , for being mad.

- Most likely appear in RS WIKI, for being mad.

- Be called _____ The Mad, by everyone in RS

- Blackmail all of RS , threatening to high-alch the last one if they don't pay homage to the one true owner of all things powerful :x :lol: :x

- Be rich beyond comprehension

- Last but not least, and very illegal. This isn't even a suggestion, but here goes: You can make urself wealthy IRL, if you ever chose to sell the item on the internet for real money. I repeat, this isn't a suggestion, I'm covering every angle of what you could use the attained item for.

well said fook :D
I posted here.

ftw.

Not going to happen.

Anyway, high alching the crackers is completely unnecessary as well. IF you really want to prove to people that you are destroying them, open them instead and sell the phats you get out of it (which gives you more cash to buy more crackers again, easens the execution of "the plan"), plus it annoys phat holders if you do it on such a large scale, as phat prices may drop somewhat as a result.

Anyway, it is bound to fail as clever merchants or rich skillers will always keep a few crackers behind, hence making it impossible to get all crackers.

Lastly, the value of all crackers in the game add up to an extreme value that noone can afford anyway , especially as the prices will be rising as you buy more and more crackers of the market (and hence create scarcity).

Reason more why you don't need to alch or open them, as the scarcity in the economy should already cause extreme rises in the price of the cracker.

Of course the plan is selfish. All merchanting is selfish. Merchanting relies on solely gaining riches for oneself, and having the customer geniunely believe he also is gaining something.

Merchanting is providing a service of fast trading (liquidity) and charging a commision for that.

Theoretically, yes this can work. But how on Earth would someone get enough money to buy all the crackers in the game? They're like....600m aren't they? There's probably upwards of 300 crackers in the game. If someone has a money making scheme (or a stake account) good enough to make that kind of money, they don't need to high alch every christmas cracker.

Or instead, how about they just get the party hats inside the cracker? There's no cracker, and you get a party hat instead of 2(?) gp.

Filming urself highalching the cracker would create alot more hype.

And there most certainly are people with the economical prowess to buy multiple crackers.

I reckon half the party hats generating are not in generation, but held by old merchants still waiting for the right time to sell.

but everyone would think that it was a private sever

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

but everyone would think that it was a private sever

What about standing in the middle of w2 fally bank or something like that?

I think it's a good theory if you did know how many of the crackers are in game.

But you dont know, and also can't know: I think there are more people stopped with playing runescape having one or more rares (bought in cheap days or simply got them from hollidays) than you think. So mayby one of them is comming back to game with let say 5 crackers, it surely will be a sensation, but there the price of your single cracker falls down :wall:

Another point is that I think there aren't many people merchanting with the crackers because they hope the prices rise incredbly when they aren't talking about it and wait and let all the people think they haven't got 1.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

I laughed my bottom off in real :lol:

Theres always people who buy and bank for saving them so no you'll have 1 of the 50 or so left. But seeing they won't sell u got the only 1 on the market.

Nice plan how about u try it?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I've always thought of how it would be to own the game's last cracker...but...there is a money limit on rs, about 2.3b i think? this means that that would be the most you could sell it for, so no 'unimaginable numbers of cash' or W/E. :(

What is the value of a unique, useless item?

If the reply is <100b, money is lost. if more, the price will be SO insanely high that it becomes worthless.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Okay, so how do we know how many crackers are left?

Even if someone did manage to be able to buy them and kept alching them what happens when they realize they alched the last cracker in the game and just wasted all their cash?

Besides IF there was just one left in game noones going to want to buy it because the price would be so high it would become worthless.

This wouldnt work in any way you try it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.