How to own the rarest item in the game :)

FooK-A-Ji

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The christmas cracker is NOT the rarest item in the game. Quite a number of other rare items is more rarer than it (like steel gauntlets, untrimmed slayer cape, champion scrolls).

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

*Sigh*

This stupidity proves one thing: The more you control, or have monopoly of a ressource, the more you control the price. Diamond sellers worldwide are doing this right now, they stock up all diamonds in undergroud vaults, and sell those diamonds, drop by drop, thus reducing the supply with the same demand, and creating rarity, and pumping the prices, and make more profit. Diamonds are actually a lot less rare we think they are.

2480+ total

You would never be able to prove you had the only one, therefore i doubt prices would reach what it took to buy them all.

ppl will realise something is wrong if no1 can buy any anymore :P

lolz fook-a-ji is weird :P but good idea (in theory) to ruin the rs economy

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Yeah unfortunately you can only trade 2.14B in cash, and there's no way the rest of the items (even like, just a bunch of god armor or something), could possibly trade for the last cracker.

Also, as somebody mentioned, just buy the crackers and hoard them. Same as high-alching, except you don't lose the half bil. If you want people to go nuts, maybe show like ONE video of it over and over again, even if you are that rich.

And it's not really a hypothesis if it's largely impossible to prove or even represent, btw.

RSN: Manaleak

Im pretty sure that If you had that kind of money, you would be better off getting the cape that only one character, in all of Rs, and its an NPC :wink:

Make a fresh account and load it up with cannonballs and buy loads of recoils and thousands and thousands of casts of vengance and then you would for sure have the rarest item in the game when your the only one, and with proof on the highscores too, to have a trimless slayer cape :twisted:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

You would never be able to prove you had the only one, therefore i doubt prices would reach what it took to buy them all.

ppl will realise something is wrong if no1 can buy any anymore :P

lolz fook-a-ji is weird :P but good idea (in theory) to ruin the rs economy

Yes, but even then, how do you prove that you are the only one? And what happens if someone logs in that hasn't in 4 years or so with 30+ crackers? You basically would have to buy all 30 of them from him... 12B?

You could never be sure about having the last one anyways, even if you continued this. And every time you hiked the price, more would trickle in, and if you didn't buy them, the entire plan is failed.

There is no reasoning behind high alching them. You accomplish the same thing by hoarding them.

And the OP is too defensive about his ideas. He's resulted in childish insults to people that simply say, rightly, that this would never work and putting hypothetical "what if"s on the board is against the rules.

In fact, nobody has said that. So I'm going to go report this topic... Rememner the time when this board was flooded with "What If"s?

Well, each time you alch em the price goes up and soon when theres only 2 crackers left, both of you will be fighting for the other one's cracker sooo you'll probably never win them all. I know, theory and all, but I don't think it's plausible. And maybe just alch 3 or 4 of them, the rest you can break or just keep :P

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

That's an awesome idea!

I will buy 100 crackers worth about 600m each and alch them!

But that isn't even the true beauty of the plan! Then I will keep my last cracker and sell it for about 900m! That's a 300m profit!

Awesome plan man!

I only spent 60B on a 300M profit.

No point alching them as you'd lose money on it. You could just buy every single cracker away from the market and affect to the demand that way. After all the amount of crackers in game doesn't only affect to the supply, the more important part is the amount of them floading at the markets.

Personally I'd invest on a certain type of a mask: there's far more demand for them due somewhat sane prices and even after rising 100% in price, there'd still be a load of people who can afford them.

That's what I would do. Buy it all up. Not alch it. And I've thought up this theory before, just not posted it. :P

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If anyone tried this Jagex might ban him or her on a trumped up charge to get rid of the last cracker. Then, they would probably do it themselves on the other rares to finally get rid of them. Hell, it's what I would do.

If you ever do try this, don't set foot it Falador Park W2; the merchants will kill you :ohnoes:

Thats why it remains in theory , the whole beauty of the thing 8-)

And why would you NOT want the forever alter the RS economy ?

Well, Communism works in theory, looked how that turned out.

And altering the entire RS economy just so you could be happy seems a little selfish. You will cause some players to go "bankrupt".

No such thing as bankrupt on RS. You just go out there and spend an hour doing anything, and you already got money.

Of course the plan is selfish. All merchanting is selfish. Merchanting relies on solely gaining riches for oneself, and having the customer geniunely believe he also is gaining something. 8-)

he is gaining something, the item that he needs whenhe needs it, even if it means oaying more for a larger quanity

Hephaestos8.gif