Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

Halo 3 was utter crap compared to H2, you get a far better experience with Halo 2 without all the shenanigans of crap maps, bullet refunding, BR spread, double reloads on rockets, and all the other problems that came with it. The way the anniversary is work is H2 will be in it's original form, graphics, just up-res'd to 1080p 60fps. Then there will be 6 maps remade and redone for a separate portion called H2A which will run on a completely different newer engine. And for the first time you'll be able to play H1 online aside from the PC experience. The game actually holds massive potential if received correctly by the community to revive competitive Halo.

I've seen sources that say that Halo 2 will receive the full anniversary revamp when it comes to graphics, much like they did with Halo 1. But like Halo 1, you can switch back and forth. And then, in addition, Halo 2 multiplayer will be in its original form to play, alongside 6 maps which will receive the anniversary treatment as well.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/10/halo-2-anniversarys-raw-gameplay-looks-shiny-on-xbox-one/

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The campaign is what will receive the full anniversary revamp.

Essentially what it comes down to is you'll have like 5 multiplayer experiences to choose from. H1, H2, H3, H4, then H2A. H2A is what will contain those 6 remastered maps that will be running on a newer XBox One engine. Everything else will be running their native MP's the only difference is the resolution will be at 1080p and 60fps.

It's also been stated you will be able to specifically choose on MP experience if you want to. Otherwise when you go in you'll receive the following voting options for example...

1. Halo 1 - TS - Prisoner

2. Halo 2 - CTF - Beaver Creek

3. Halo 3 - KOTH - Construct

4. Halo 4 - Extraction - Haven

Whichever one gets the most votes it will load that engine and the subsequent gametype and map for that engine.

Yeah, I meant the campaign for Halo 2.

I'm excited for the multiplayers to come back, too, especially Halo 2 because I was so young when I played it, but I have good memories of it. And it'll be cool to try Halo 1 multiplayer on a console.

$399 is looking cheaper and cheaper the more I salivate over this Halo Collection.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yeah, I meant the campaign for Halo 2.

I'm excited for the multiplayers to come back, too, especially Halo 2 because I was so young when I played it, but I have good memories of it. And it'll be cool to try Halo 1 multiplayer on a console.

$399 is looking cheaper and cheaper the more I salivate over this Halo Collection.

It's great to see these games coming back. Halo 1 and 2 were the pinnacle of FPS competitive gaming, nothing has really come close except MAYBE Black Ops 2. I played Halo 1 a lot with friends when it released, I was almost 14 at the time it came out. Halo 2 really launched me into the competitive scene, and it's great to see and still have friendships that were forged back in the day on that game still going to this very day. I've been friends with a lot of these people coming up on a decade now solely because of Halo 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEpalBx00o

• 4 months later...

Here are a few videos that I thought I might share. The first is the Halo 2 Anniversary documentary which I really recommend hardcore fans to watch. It amped me up and made me quite nostalgic. The second is a lower budget, privately edited documentary by Zola going over Halo 2 back in the day and how it grew in the competitive scene. Haven't finished watching it all the way through, but it's pretty good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-Wk_R3SPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Xccpdiu0o

Halo Master Chief Collection comes out on the 11th for the Xbox One. I personally don't have an Xbox One, nor can I afford it at this time. But I'm hoping a neat bundle and holiday special will come around for Christmas so I can get the MCC and an Xbox One. Halo MCC is the only reason I would buy the Xbox One at this point. Not interested in any other big titles.

I've already seen some gameplay for Halo 2 Anniversary, and it looks fantastic. The graphical upgrades look amazing.

For not having the console required to play it, nor having the game itself pre-ordered, I'm pretty damn hyped for the game to come out. Anyone else excited?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I do wish I had the monies to be able to re-play halo 2(without all the rampant cheating). I am pretty sure I had the most fun playing that one, but it was ~10 years ago, rose tinted much?

Auto-aim sniper swipe kills! hmmmm

I still feel halo 2 had the best map variety, small, big, symetrical, asym, just really good layouts.

Halo 2 was also the last "tongue and cheek" slightly silly, not serious campaign. So that holds up.

Also very few invisible walls, I loved just walking around outside the map, both campaign and multi-player.

• 1 month later...

I was extremely impressed when Halo Combat Evolved came out. I was used to playing on the PS1 and N64 at the time. Co-op Halo was probably my favorite old school gaming experience.

• Like 1