The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

well thought out idea, definitely interesting too, runescape needs a new skill, and this is the one, great work

add Srgnt Suited, not bunsosteel3 to the support list

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol maybe simplifiy the name or something like/...

construction is con.

archaeology couldbe called arch ;)

and btw i'll make a custom animation for the emote of the skill cape..

i'll do it on pivot..

unless someone else is really good and can make an animation too.

but.. so far no one said any bad points to it outsanity =)

you should get like 100 support in a week :D

and tbh this idea is better than bank space. :D

Construction is not "con," actually, that's just what most people say to abbreviate it. When I have been talking about it to friends I've been saying "Arch," so yeah...I'd imagine that would be what people would call it.

And we don't need to go as far as a skill cape animation. It's not really needed and the idea is fine without it. Plus...stick figures wouldn't be appealing enough to put in the guide. =-p

This is a very well thought out Skill. I support you fully, although I didn't actually read finish the whole thing. Excellent pictures, Wonderful items and stuff..All you need is a sig...

That is an excellent idea! I will make a code that people can put into their signatures if they support the idea. That should advertise it better, as well. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Excellent ideas. I'm glad you expanded the idea beyond just going around digging stuff up - with the caverns that help other skills and such.

My only problem is the cape...

ArchSkillCape.png

Where does yellow and red fit in with Archaeology? Iwould have thought black and white to be better suited to this skill.

Well done with this.

Drow4.png

Excellent ideas. I'm glad you expanded the idea beyond just going around digging stuff up - with the caverns that help other skills and such.

My only problem is the cape...

ArchSkillCape.png

Where does yellow and red fit in with Archaeology? Iwould have thought black and white to be better suited to this skill.

Well done with this.

Well, the trim is brown. I know it appears to be red in the icon, but...erm...it's brown. :XD:

And I think since the skill is a money maker, it should involve some royal gold colour, and since we already have brown capes with gold trim, I thought I'd do a gold cape with brown trim. Plus, no other cape is a gold colour, and we need more variety.

That, and for some reason, when I think of Archaeology I think of the desert, and when I think of the desert, I think of golds and browns.

That's just me, though. =-p

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Ill give you 5/10 for effort.

If things like mining and WC weren't boring enough? Oh, yeah, lets turn 100,000 logs into bows!

Or how about we go and brush off rocks all day! WOO!

No, sorry, wont ever happen.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Ill give you 5/10 for effort.

If things like mining and WC weren't boring enough? Oh, yeah, lets turn 100,000 logs into bows!

Or how about we go and brush off rocks all day! WOO!

No, sorry, wont ever happen.

Did you even read the entire thread? My money is on NO, you did not. If you had, you would know my idea is nothing like just "brushing off rocks." So next time you want to say something, lets make sure you do your research beforehand.

As for those boring mining and woodcutting skills, I'd like to bring forth the fact that a VAST majority of Runescape is clicking and doing monotonous actions. If you don't like them that much, why even play this game?

And also, posts like yours are not wanted here. You don't have to agree with the idea. That's fine. But if you don't like it, at least give some constructive criticism on how it could be improved.

Oh, and by the way, it could happen, and should it ever, I am going to come back and laugh right in your face. O:)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

WOW

Great topic and excelent idea

You really put your idea out there and presented it very well

I do have a few suggestions tho:

If I have just started this new skill, It takes a long time for me to get to lvls that i can do stuff at. Maybe move some of the lvls down so that when you are new, you dont have to spend a load of time using your stupid lvl 1 tools.

Second, I love the idea of incorporating lots of other skills into the archeaology skill BUT, if you want to get into those places you have to be friggin good at those other skills. Maybe lower some of the reqs. for the other skills when you want to use them.

Its all up to you though, If you see something different than I, dont let that ruin your great ideas!

Once again Amazing job

Thanks Tron50 \'

i've always been fascinated by the archaeology skill, and to my knowledge, i'm pretty sure it's coming out on the 11th of october, due to the combination of hints and facts i gathered from rs forums about when new skills come out, and one of my friends knowing a j mod who gave him hints towards treasure/digging in october, who knows if it's true but no new skills have come this year and i'm sure 1 skill will come out this year atleast anyway

add me to the list ^_^ \'

brilliant idea and extremely well thought out! if only jagex took ideas like this on board =[

2vuhgcn.png

Thank you very much for your support and constructive criticism guys. This is the kind of stuff I want for feedback, so thanks for that!

And that is some VERY interesting information, Triquos. If you're right, we have the Archaeology skill just right around the corner!

But to be safe, I'll just wait for it to happen before I get overly hyped up about it. =-p

All three of the above posters are added to the list. Thanks for your support, guys. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I support 100%.

And I support the 10k(i think) free experience if you do digsite quest.

How about to making getting the brushes and trowels even more archeology(sp?) related you have to dig up a special sample or something you dig up and add that to the trowel/brush for the 3rd ingredient.

And mab7ye add more lower level brushes or lower the smithing req or lower the smithing req or more trowls :D

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

ArchSupport.png

"The walls shook at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots.

What walls? We don't need walls! WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

I support 100%.

And I support the 10k(i think) free experience if you do digsite quest.

How about to making getting the brushes and trowels even more archeology(sp?) related you have to dig up a special sample or something you dig up and add that to the trowel/brush for the 3rd ingredient.

And mab7ye add more lower level brushes or lower the smithing req or lower the smithing req or more trowls :D

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

I really don't like the 10k free exp idea. No one would have to start off at level 1. They'd be boosted up to what, like level 25? So no. No free exp.

And I don't really like the brush/trowel idea. I think they're fine the way they are. And by NO means are the smithing requirements too high. There are plenty people with those levels and the point of having the smithing/crafting levels is to give smithers/crafters an opportunity to make some money off of making and selling brushes/trowels. It was part of my idea that this skill helped MANY types of players, not just those who strictly did Archaeology itself.

Thanks for the support though, and your constructive criticism is more than welcomed and wanted. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

This is one of the most well thought out suggestions I ave evr read (besides the More F2P Bankspace thread). You clearly nearly every catagorie for this skill. Unlike most people-who just come up with a skill and leave the rest for Jagex. 10/10. I would love this skill, but if it came out-it would probably be members(and I'm F2P) :( .

+1.

So you're actually suggesting JaGex implements something into the game which for several years have been trying to stop?... :XD:
wo0tilici0us.png

Awesome idea! I support even though I'm F2P.

Maybe at the top you should motion to JAGeX that you allow them to use this idea. I'm not sure if they are allowed to make this idea if someone posted the whole thing like this.

Heres a good idea on what you should put:

[i]I give permission for JAGeX to use this idea, images and all the ideas that I have stated here. I give JAGeX permission to also edit this idea, the images and ideas that were stated below.[/i]

j0xPu5R.png