The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

After three years - almost four - this skill idea still attracts support. Just because it's so awesome and recent skills so terrible. :thumbsup:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean about some of the changes that would have to be made in the wake of Dungeoneering. I think I posted them here somewhere.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

No.

Care to elaborate?

• 2 weeks later...

Fully support! I would love this skill, as this is a *skill* and could be used by soooooooooo many other skills! Construction, slayer, summoning, I mean, the possibilities are truly endless. And to think of the quests that could be incorporated into this!! So many things in Lore that could be explained by this skill, such as Wyverns, Dragonkin, and maybe even the mysterious bones in wildy (which i say are wyverns :P ). I remember reading this a couple years ago (just made tip.it acc a few weeks ago, but have read everything on this site for years) and after seeing how badly the last "skill" (dung) is killing runescape, this would be a welcome change.

Click below to see my siggy! :D

The Game.

Dragon_Spine.png

Dragon_Spine.png

• 3 weeks later...

^ Right-on. Dungeoneering is an atrocity of a skill. Archaeology must be the skill of 2012.

^ Right-on. Dungeoneering is an atrocity of a skill. Archaeology must be the skill of 2012.

Dungeoneeing is the best skill in RS imo.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I couldn't believe I read the whole text - though it was interesting and easily readable. You introduced your ideas clearly, and I don't think there was nothing one couldn't understand.

You have invented a great skill, and set it to fit to the other enviroment of RuneScape. I'll end this rather short message of positive criticism to two words: Geniusly made.

You have my support even though I am F2P.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Active:user_off.png Aug 29 2010 11:53 PM

Dat be Outsanity. Author of this skill

True. But that's no reason for abandoning this idea - it's absolutely brilliant.

OMG, this is the best idea for a skill ever!

One suggestion, though (sorry if it's already been said):

You should be required to do "the dig site" quest to get started. (It IS an archeology quest, anyway.)

I completely support this, %100, and I would seriously train this skill.

P.S. Astronomy sounds good too; another quest-start skill, maybe?

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Words cannot even describe what I have to say. If I was granted 3 wishes from a genie, I would use the first two on this skill and the third for infinite wishes to use for the sake of this skill's existence. If it was implemented, the skill would be potentially groundbreaking (bad pun) for the game in a good way. 15/10. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's time we petitioned Jagex, perhaps through an open-letter? Outsanity has disappeared, and we can't let this idea fall into obscurity. It's just too good.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must admit that i did like the idea but i unfortunately can't possibly support it:

The idea is great but you could had worked out a litle bit more with the skill.

Reasons why i don't like it is because some of the familiars are quite hard to add to the RS world i think because of their special abilities probably making the game a bit... harsh and a bit ruining it (my opinion) + dont they require any pouches to create and are all the familiars created with gold charms? (any crimson-, blue-, green charms or perhaps a new charm like [ancient charms])?

While finding those items like dwarven rune pickaxe that boost your exp I got to say.. There are already too many skill boosting items! (my opinioning) I think they aren't necessary needed anymore of those items, but the other rewards are quite good. Also I thought this skill would go hand by hand with mining? example: you dig the ground get some mining exp THEN you find the site/soil whatever you call it and use your acrheology skill to dig and clean it up.

Another thing i got with the private tent things it seems to me quite hard to understand it if 1 player tryes to fit in with 100 other players or are they somehow unstackable on the area that they can be placed or are there just going to be crowded like today hunting chinchompas?

Lastly i didn't like that the tools in the start would break (in the lower levels 1-50) but the tools that the strongest tools which also gives the greatest rewards dont break? I think it would lose the challenging of a skill if the strongest wouldn't break. I would like it more vice-versa strongest would break because they more rare and gives better rewards.

I really liked that you used your imagination on getting this skill envolved with other skills such as; woodcutting, mining, fishing, thieving, etc..

I strongly advice on getting some attention on these areas before posting/asking Jagex to add this skill because it increases the chances on adding this skill on the game. Good luck with it :rolleyes:

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

This skill is wellthought and is a very good read. Although i see one major problem, which is the involving of all of the other skills. Not that the skill include some requirements from the other skills in the game, but that the skill relies on these, this won't make it a skill itself, but some kind of mini game, or tasks. However it is very interesting, and you have covered most of what is imagineable. Well done.

• 9 years later...