The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i saw the topic i was skeptical but after reading through the thread, my opinion has changed. The detail and effort you have put in is immense and if this was released it would be awesome, and i think it would become one of my favourite skills.

Thank you for the support, guys!

And about the Coelecanth, I will not make it easier to get because I feel that 25 healing is MORE than worth the hard-to-get-to location. Plus, making the healing any better would overpower it immensely.

Also, if you don't think people will fish them, you need to watch the pker market more clearly. This would be the new pking fish, and they would be in such high demand that the prices would be great. Thus, these would become the "new shark," in terms of money making for fishing.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well, know that I have given it some more thought, healing 25 for that fish would be sufficient as you say. And it would be great for pk:ing food as you don't like mass-stock-up on it then like when you use food for mass-training combat/slayer or something like that where you need several loads of them. For this monks and such food still be the prefered I think.

But all the other ideas are just super. Someone that actually do the work before posting any ideas =D>

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

I really do support this skill i have been thinking of witting a detailed well thought out guide with faked pictures of tools and so on for a while now - Good job on actually doing it though. :P

I have not much to say but good job because practically everything it perfect i can make some believable in game pictures which are really good of the cape emoit and using the tools ect.

Ill give it a go for fun - No need to use them if you really do dislike them.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

The idea and the rewards are outrageous. I just wasted my time reading this. What use would archaeology come to use if you have the easiest chance of excavating a glory amulet. Seems like a sad excuse for someone to make easy money...

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

A few things you said that you need the base level when digging at the S.E.S but then you said as an example you could get a giant sample at level 20. I was wondering does this mean you have to have the base level of the S.E.S or the sample. Also would they need the required level trowel/brush to clean and excavate with?

2. I just have a bit of a problem with some of the rewards at level 70 somethign you can already get rune? Also some amounts seem very high such as the 1,000 runes or the 50 ancient bones.

But otherwise a great idea but now I'm a bit dissapointed since it's not really a skill :(.

Also add me sounds interesting

The idea and the rewards are outrageous. I just wasted my time reading this. What use would archaeology come to use if you have the easiest chance of excavating a glory amulet. Seems like a sad excuse for someone to make easy money...

I'd like you to come back with quotes on where I ever said rewards such as an Amulet of Glory would be the easiest chance of excavating to get.

Next time, use your intelligence and not the spontanuety of your fingers to type out a well thought out, constructive piece of criticism, rather than bashing an idea and not giving any suggestions on improvement.

And also, based on your response, I highly doubt you read the whole thing. If you had done so, you'd know that the skill is almost perfectly balanced out, and that the chances of getting higher rewards are actually very slim. This is meant to be a money making skill, but likewise, I have invested the time and research into what would be acceptable as rewards.

I'd also like to point out that I am a fairly experienced player. I know the way Jagex runs this game fairly well. I have a fairly decent knowledge of what Jagex would deem acceptable as rewards. I also have, in my opinion, vast knowledge of how skills work and the exp/profit ratios from them. The point of this skill is to either make lots of profit with slow exp, or make fast exp with less profit.

I feel I have done an adequette job of meeting those standards. And again, yes, you are more than titled to your opinion, but when you come onto my thread and toss my idea down without so much as one piece of suggestion on improvement, chances are your opinion isn't going to be taken into consideration.

You give me respect and I give you mine. That's how this works.

A few things you said that you need the base level when digging at the S.E.S but then you said as an example you could get a giant sample at level 20. I was wondering does this mean you have to have the base level of the S.E.S or the sample. Also would they need the required level trowel/brush to clean and excavate with?

2. I just have a bit of a problem with some of the rewards at level 70 somethign you can already get rune? Also some amounts seem very high such as the 1,000 runes or the 50 ancient bones.

But otherwise a great idea but now I'm a bit dissapointed since it's not really a skill .

You need the base level of the SES. You can get all sizes of rock samples from an SES provided you have the correct level to dig there. Also, you need the regular levels to clean the samples. So while you may be able to dig up that giant rock sample at level 20, you won't be able to clean it. More info on how this works is found in the Final Notes section.

And the rewards aren't overpowered. Trust me. The rune isn't a garanteed thing. Rock Samples work just the same as monster drops do. So while you may be able to get a rune item from a Giant Rock sample, chances are you will just get gp, runes or nothing at all. This is also explained more in the notes section.

But thank you very much for your feedback and concern. It is much welcomed and appreciated.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Full support. This is the best suggestion for anything EVER.

If I may make a suggestion of my own, why not introduce Stone Tablets? They could contain information that you can use in other skills eg. baiting harpoons/lobster pots for faster catch rates, sharpening pickaxes for easier mining, combining potions for extra effects, how to locate and strike an opponent's weak points for bonus damage etc., but would only be available after level 30, would be untradable and you would need to translate them at the museum.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

Bumpathon.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

Sweet! Finally a skill that has been well thought through that would be a great skill to complement to what skills we have at the moment. But I must raise a few points:

-The sand stone and lime stone handles for the trowels should be changed to another form of rock mainly because in real life sandstone and lime stone would crumble in your hand as you use them.

I would suggest maybe replace them with obsidian (maybe using the coinage or a drop in TzHaar) and basalt (the stone formation north of the barbarian assault that could be mined).

-As with almost every skill suggested, the rewards are too good. With the stuff you can get from these SES's, it would destroy the prices for these objects. You have stated that getting nothing would be rare. A small adjustment to what you could receive, such as still having some of the things you mentioned, but replacing most with lesser valued items would be better in my view. You could also add the chance of getting drops, such as 5% chance in getting 10,000gp or something along those lines.

^^These^^ are only a suggestion and a opinion of mine, so please respect it and not tell me what a fool I am.

I believe that these alterations would encourage Jagex to have a decent look at your excellent idea that I would love to see brought out and have a go at.

Lord of Lords and Shadow,

Lord Firer

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow