Black Demons?

Erichermit

This may be based on just luck, but has anyone noticed an increase in the amount of Black Demon Tasks being assigned by Duradel lately? Im going insane because I get one almost 1/3-1/2 of the time all of the sudden and Im getting very sick of these tasks that take 4 hours+ for me finish by Ranging and consume a vast amount of ammo (though it is a lot of exp.)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont see why your complaining about getting a lot of exp.

You can burthrope them or just melee them for faster tasks,

Im pretty sure this is only you.

what he said.. Black demons are awesome, you would be a fool to skip them, especailly when cannoning.

mathisfun.png

This may be based on just luck, but has anyone noticed an increase in the amount of Black Demon Tasks being assigned by Duradel lately? Im going insane because I get one almost 1/3-1/2 of the time all of the sudden and Im getting very sick of these tasks that take 4 hours+ for me finish by Ranging and consume a vast amount of ammo (though it is a lot of exp.)

Same here. Black demons are great xp, and used to be great drops until...now they are only great xp...i killed 160 and got no rune drops!

And duradel didnt use to give me so many black demon tasks, but now he gives me 1 whenever he has an opportunity to :uhh:

And black demons for me have became very boring task-i dont skip em but i dont like task either

There's recently been some other rumors and hints that the slayer masters'(particularly durael) assignments are chaning.

This may not be the case though. You may have just stumbled upon a bad case of luck; and I don't think your few tasks are enough to conclude anything.

If, perhaps, you were to get 50 or so tasks from durael, record them, and post your results, then your theory might be true(it would take quite a while though). Around 50 tasks would definately eliminate the possible "bad luck" factor.

It would be a nice test if anyone would try it. If multiple people tried it there could even be multiple conclusions(e.g. the higher your combat the higher level monsters you recieve, ect.).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Well i mostly get a horrible task, skip it, go back, and get the ask again...I dont know how random it is...but i got some 'bad luck' strikes, and sometimes 'good luck' strikes with a bunch off nice tasks in row...

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Black demons are the biggest waste of a slayer task. Too bad you get a lot.

They are awesome. No drops but lots of xp.

But I agree with you [main post] that the tasks come in certain patterns. It's dependent on your level of course - you get a lot of the highest possible task - but I also experience long runs of certain tasks.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Black demons are the best, just grab a few k steel arrows and range them into their grave! I love them as a task, as im going for 85 range atm :)

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

does seem like ive been getting more of them but they are great exp. jus melee them instead of range..

og_token.png

Now i love black demon... their defense is really lol...

but im wasting prayer pots =[

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Black demons have real low defence but nice amount of hp for exp. The last thing you should do when attempting to fight them is to ever hally. Use the safespots and range them with arrows or knives. In the past, arrows stealers and arrow being on the ground for > 1 minutes used to be a problem but was solved with ava's device implemention.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Interesting thread.

I tend to skip black demons as I only like doing monsters that drop lv 3 clues or are phenomenally fast xp (like daggs). I tend to find that I might have 10 terrible tasks in a row, then 5-6 decent ones straight after.

My most recent streak, not in any order was brine rats*2, black demons, kalphites*2, warped terrorbirds, until i got a nice task in abarrant specters.

I do find it frustrating that he keeps giving me things like brine rats or jungle horrors, at 85+ slayer. From 65-86 slayer, I have only been given 2 dust devil tasks, which seems a little low compared to the amount on slayer monsters that I have received with much lower slayer requirements.

Duradel just goes through those phases I guess, just gotta live with it unti he assigns something nice. I used to get gargs and nechs alternately for ages- that was awesome :)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I used to do black demons, but the lack of drops began to wind me up so I usually burthorpe them now. If you do burthorpe though, use a different slayer master before going back to duradel.

I've found that if you get a task, burthorpe it then go back to the same slayer master you frequently get the same task again!

As an aside, I've not noticed an increase in the number of black demon tasks from duradel, so I would guess you've just been unlucky!

Mordendravid.png

I've been doing a lot of Slayer recently and I haven't gotten a Black Demon assignment in quite a while.

Not sure why people are complaining about Brine Rats. They are very fast to kill and lots of Deaths, raw Lobs and raw Sharks.

I wish I hadn't done that most recent quest. That 20K Slayer XP was nice, but Duradel keeps assigning those Warped Terrorbirds which is an insane assignment.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

thats why doing the warped terrorbird-unlocking quest is FTL

anyways, i use praye kit against black demons, around 9 full prayer pots and +28 prayer bonus gets it done

i dont mind using prayer, as i get the money back from farming ranarrs whilst i do em

i hate the level 100's+that safespot them. Its much easier and quicker just to melee them

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg

Zammy bodyguards in Gwd(ranger and mager) are counted as black demons, great place for a task ::'

You sure it's both? I know the melee body guard is counted as a Greater demon, I'd have thought the Mage (Balfrug) would be a black demon while the ranger would be a lesser demon.

Zammy bodyguards in Gwd(ranger and mager) are counted as black demons, great place for a task ::'

You sure it's both? I know the melee body guard is counted as a Greater demon, I'd have thought the Mage (Balfrug) would be a black demon while the ranger would be a lesser demon.

yes im sure, i have checked lots of times, my friend still has black demons task which he does at zammy boss ::'

We still dont know what the zammy boss is <.<

Maybe a Lesser Demon :shock: