The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

Money spent on a skill does NOT count as time.

It most certainly does.

Fact: You cannot get levels in the skill without the materials.

Therefore, the time spent getting the materials counts as time taken to complete the skill. And therefore, the money spent getting the materials counts as well.

To get 99 in the skill, you have to get the materials in the bank some way or another. Whether it's gathering them yourself, or paying someone else to do so, you cannot get the skill to 99 without doing so just as you cannot get 99 in the skill without getting experience.

If the time spent getting the materials didn't count, that would be imagining that everyone starts off with the materials in their bank. That's not the case.

Thats just stupidity, We are talking about the skills not the cost involved, cost is a factor in deciding whether to lvl the skill and how far, outside of that it means nothing towards ease of lvling, you have the cash or you dont.

Incorrect. This is probably why you don't even understand it. The various methods are all about cost vs time spent. You can figure out which method is best for you by evaluating how long it takes for you to get the cost and if it's more or less than the time spent.

Say you get the money for construction from rcing are you saying lvling construction is lvling rc + con?

No, i'm saying leveling construction includes the time spent getting money from runecrafting. The levels I got towards runecrafting are positive externalities, and ways of killing two birds with one stone to set up my next goal.

Thats stupid, the only thing that counts is time lvling the skill which with construction is minimal.

So where did the time spent getting the cash go? was that for fun or something? I most certainly didn't do it for the sake of runecrafting. My most important reason for doing it was for getting 99 construction. If i didn't spent that time, I wouldn't have gotten 99 construction just as if I hadn't spent the time making oak larders, I wouldn't have gotten 99 construction.

I made 714 million gp in 1 weekend staking, if i bought con with it my total time spent would be like 5 days total including the staking OMG SO HARD!.

A hard skill is mining, you cant buy it and you cant afk it.

That's an exceptionally high income, in fact it's so high I have a very hard time just taking your word for it. Furthermore, it's an income based on profit, which means that your experience doesn't necessarily repeat itself. In some cases you might end up losing cash.

Different skills will be harder for different people as well. For some, their income might be terrible in which case they are better off doing a non buyable skill (again, where do you draw the line? and how do you even compare the a buyable skill to a non-buyable skill? they differ so much)

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking Hands down!

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

You sit in ur house all day how hard is that it requires no patience. You can make up to 250k xp in 3 hours it's not a cheap skill but it is easy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

For example i only got mine 2 52 but it cost 3.2mill by itself think about getting 2 99.

Heres a simple math problem 4 all u rs players out there: Ownage + Ownage =Mshoveit

mshoveit.png

You sit in ur house all day how hard is that it requires no patience.

Sitting in your house all day doesn't mean that it requires no patience, in fact that is completely irrelevant. It requires tremendous patience because you're doing the same repetitive thing over and over again for days on end. A lot of people would just give up because they can't do that.

You can make up to 250k xp in 3 hours it's not a cheap skill but it is easy.

Not really if you compare it to cooking/fletching for which you can get even more exp in a shorter amount of time AND that you can train AFK AND that you can sell your products back to get most of your cash back AND that only costs about 6 mill (as opposed to construction which costs 90m)

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

This shoudn't be "what is the easiest", but rather "what in your opinion is easiest"

Sorry for being a hippy, but everyone has an opinion, with different reasoning. WOW HE DISAGREES LET'S ARGUE ABOUT IT FOR NO REASON!!

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Before i write this post i want to outline some points

> I have no 99 but i know alot about exp/rates

> I have tryed to get many 99's and got bored

Now to my post

From what i have seen in this debate is two different sides of the story. In terms of leveling i believe Cooking, Fletching and Construction are all relatively easy to level compared to some skills but i think construction is the only skill mentioned which requires patience as it is the same thing over and over agian I.E. go to bank.... collect planks.... return to portal... build your chosen item....remove it and build it again...... repeat but i find this type of leveling very boring but with cooking and fletching go to either rogues den for cooking or any bank for fletching, remove your chosen items.... cook them or fletch them.... bank them..... repeat but while doing fletching or cooking you can read a magazine or book while using the ''press-x'' function.

Another point i want to outline in this post is that leveling to 99 and getting a 99 is completly different. Leveling cooking, prayer, fletching and construction is all relatively easy, just repeat a process over and over again but gaining the money for 99 prayer and constrcution is crazy, gaining 100mil in a week is pure BULL(BLEEP). Any player who mentioned that i want to see achieve that... Please go down to the duel arena and pm me when you finally got the 100mil. We have all seen those staker blogs of people winning rares or stakes going into the millions but in reality it takes much practice to become a succesful staker at that level and also in their blogs they also dont outline thier loss'es.... it might show them winning a santa hat but maybe they lost 14mil in the process of gaining that. Prayer normaly comes close to about 100mil if using a gilded altar with 2 burners and construction comes to about 70mil if using oak plank method without servant or using teleport while on fletching you can easily make a profit and cooking can break even or at most about a 3mil loss.

So will someone please tell me from what ive said which is are easier 99's using this method

time taken to raise money + time taken to get actual level 99 in chosen skill = total amount of time taken.

People here say that construction and prayer are easy 99's but they dont take into account the effort taken to actuly raise those sums of money required while somebody can start cooking or fletching with 500k and slowly progress their way to more money

P.S I wrote this post at 3am in the morning so ive probaly (BLEEP) some of it up

~Seeing as you have 37 Construction, you have no right to say it's easy. It's tough being away from society for so long with Chat Off. Cooking is the easiest. You can cook 28 (Items) per inventory, and they give much more experience than Fletching Items. In Fletching, you can only do 27, at best, (because you need a Knife,) and they give much less experience than Cooking Items.~

~It used to be possible to get over 300k Fletching Experience per hour, but now it's more like 100k. Cooking remains steady at around 150-200k Exp per hour. Theiving is also ~175k Experience per hour, but Pyramid Plunder is the the middle of nowhere, thus making it very hard to concentrate.~

Our_Moon.png

I think that some of us are forgetting that the time spent gaining money also counts as a part of getting XP, Because even though money isn't the end (99) , it is the means to an end, Therefore I think we should count it in our sums.

Overall i think the cooking skill is just too ridiculously easy to level and can end up evening out if the person who gets it is a pker, because instead of losing osbidian capes in the wilderness they lose 1/3 of the price so it's about 200k made up each time they die with the Cape on. That should be taken in account too. No chance of this filling up the 80m or so for construction.

And yeah i know the second paragraph is ridiculously far fetched but oh well :boohoo:

lmao1nu3.jpg

Cooking is fast and at average cost if you cook sharks at 94. Prayer is expensive but uber fast if you use a guilded altar. I would say probably cooking due to its non expensiveness

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I think fishing is easiest in terms of preparation/investment and amount of attention you have to devote to the actual 'training.' Fishing takes nothing/little to start with. And you could even continue on with training it if you had (relatively) nothing.

One doesn't have to pay very much attention to training fishing either. Set your character up at a spot, then you can go look at whatever else as long as you check back once in a while to see if the spot has changed or your inventory is full.

Fishing is also the only resource-gathering skill that you don't have to 'compete' with other players for spots. (unlike for rocks, trees, chins, etc).

I'm sure it's not the fastest, by any means. But I think Fishing requires the least overall 'effort' of all the skills.

I think fishing is easiest in terms of preparation/investment and amount of attention you have to devote to the actual 'training.' Fishing takes nothing/little to start with. And you could even continue on with training it if you had (relatively) nothing.

One doesn't have to pay very much attention to training fishing either. Set your character up at a spot, then you can go look at whatever else as long as you check back once in a while to see if the spot has changed or your inventory is full.

Fishing is also the only resource-gathering skill that you don't have to 'compete' with other players for spots. (unlike for rocks, trees, chins, etc).

I'm sure it's not the fastest, by any means. But I think Fishing requires the least overall 'effort' of all the skills.

Isn't woodcutting exactly the same as that except even easier?

BlueSig6.jpg

Isn't woodcutting exactly the same as that except even easier?

yes :P just that for fishing you don't have to compete with others for resources. And fishing spots generally move around less than trees stop giving logs (so you pay attention/move around slightly more with wc?) idk :o lol

yes just that for fishing you don't have to compete with others for resources. And fishing spots generally move around less than trees stop giving logs (so you pay attention/move around slightly more with wc?) idk :o lol

How about the hourly exp rates?

BlueSig6.jpg

Let me put it a different way, construction is easy if your not stupid.

If you make it your first 99 of course its going to be hard, but if your like n0va, zezima, thehate ect and have already lvled your other skills you easily have the money to lvl construction and its a breeze, you dont count the other skills as part of construction, thats just silly.

You dont think, ok im going to lvl my woodcut to 99 to lvl construction, you worry about getting the skill once you have the money, then its a cakewalk.

And in this day and age 77m is NOTHING.

Your average dedicated player (any one likely to strive for 99 construction) already has a networth much higher then that.

How can you say a skill is hard when it can be lvled to 99 in a week?.

Woodcutting cant be, mining cant be (more like 5 months minimum), smithing cant be, crafting cant be, slayer cant be, ect.

If you make it your first 99 of course its going to be hard, but if your like n0va, zezima, thehate ect and have already lvled your other skills you easily have the money to lvl construction and its a breeze, you dont count the other skills as part of construction, thats just silly.

You dont think, ok im going to lvl my woodcut to 99 to lvl construction, you worry about getting the skill once you have the money, then its a cakewalk.

Your average dedicated player (any one likely to strive for 99 construction) already has a networth much higher then that.

Woodcutting cant be, mining cant be (more like 5 months minimum), smithing cant be, crafting cant be, slayer cant be, ect.

First of all, who the hell even suggested the idea of wcing to 99 and then using that to get 99 construction? I only mentioned woodcutting in my latest two posts where I didn't talk about construction.

Also, why is going for the skill as your first 99 make you stupid? That is a personal decision based on many different factors. Did you consider that maybe I went for 99 construction first simply because I was good enough that I didn't need a fletching/cooking cape as a warm-up? I did it, and it did not influence the time it took, only how I felt about it.

If you make it your first 99 of course its going to be hard

This is a purely mental factor, it does not change the amount of cash needed or the amount of time it takes. It can be applied for all skills too so it's irrelevant to the skill on it's own when it's compared to others. If you want to discuss factors other than the time taken, go over stuff like "AFK potential" which I have already explained (and used to prove construction is a harder skill than you claim)

Second of all, as many others like myself have said, time taken to get the money is included in he time taken to level the skill. I'm starting to get sick of you ignoring every single argument and just ignorantly repeat that construction is easy if you have the money. Go back, read the argument for why the time taken to get the money counts and if you have a problem with any of them, you show your arguments against them. That's what a debate is supposed to be, not this ridiculous denial.

Third, and i've said this again but obviously you're just not listening. You say "oh well construction is easy once you have the money". Getting the money is the hard part. If you passed the hard part, of course it's going to be easy, but few can pass the hard part.

Fourth, construction takes more than just a week. And whatever happened to this so-called method that you had that could get 99 construction in 2 days? :roll:

Fifth, if 77 million is considered an insignificant amount of money, they why do people dream of owning rares that are worth half that much? Why do skillers consider 1 mill per hour a legendary income? why do people consider dking to be the most profitable and reliable income? If 77 mill is nothing, then these incomes of 1 mill per hour would take 2 weeks to get this so called insignificant value. That's obviously not the case.

The only ways to surpass that kind of income are far more unreliable, merchanting and staking. Someone got 100m in a short amount of time thanks to merchanting, and was recognized for his achievement by a large part of TIF communtiy. If your claim is correct, why was he admired for achieving something that's not much more than what you consider "insignificant". As for stakers, whenever someone wins, there is a loser. Therefore, if you took everybody who staked, you would end up with a net total of 0 (all the gains there are losses). Your average staker may win a lot or lose a lot or anything in between. This means that you cannot just say that staking is good money because you cannot guarantee to be on the winning side. So, in the end, where is this so-called "average player" who considers 77 mill an insignificant amount of money?

You seem to make many claims about how, for you, vast amounts of money are considered insignificant amounts. Try proving such a method exists, let alone proving the average player uses such a method.

also, 99 crafting has similar exp rates to 99 construction. However it costs a lot less. I find it odd how you mention crafting as a "hard" skill when it's similar exp rates for a fraction of the cost. Woodcutting has also very similar exp rates and woodcutting doesn't even have a cost, that's supposed to be a hard skill? Furthermore, this debate was started weeks ago. According to your method, you would have already gotten 99 construction by this point. Clearly you're all talk but no action. Pathetic

BlueSig6.jpg

First of all, who the hell even suggested the idea of wcing to 99 and then using that to get 99 construction? I only mentioned woodcutting in my latest two posts where I didn't talk about construction.

Also, why is going for the skill as your first 99 make you stupid? That is a personal decision based on many different factors. Did you consider that maybe I went for 99 construction first simply because I was good enough that I didn't need a fletching/cooking cape as a warm-up? I did it, and it did not influence the time it took, only how I felt about it.

If you make it your first 99 of course its going to be hard

This is a purely mental factor, it does not change the amount of cash needed or the amount of time it takes. It can be applied for all skills too so it's irrelevant to the skill on it's own when it's compared to others. If you want to discuss factors other than the time taken, go over stuff like "AFK potential" which I have already explained (and used to prove construction is a harder skill than you claim)

Second of all, as many others like myself have said, time taken to get the money is included in he time taken to level the skill. I'm starting to get sick of you ignoring every single argument and just ignorantly repeat that construction is easy if you have the money. Go back, read the argument for why the time taken to get the money counts and if you have a problem with any of them, you show your arguments against them. That's what a debate is supposed to be, not this ridiculous denial.

Third, and i've said this again but obviously you're just not listening. You say "oh well construction is easy once you have the money". Getting the money is the hard part. If you passed the hard part, of course it's going to be easy, but few can pass the hard part.

Fourth, construction takes more than just a week. And whatever happened to this so-called method that you had that could get 99 construction in 2 days? :roll:

Fifth, if 77 million is considered an insignificant amount of money, they why do people dream of owning rares that are worth half that much? Why do skillers consider 1 mill per hour a legendary income? why do people consider dking to be the most profitable and reliable income? If 77 mill is nothing, then these incomes of 1 mill per hour would take 2 weeks to get this so called insignificant value. That's obviously not the case.

The only ways to surpass that kind of income are far more unreliable, merchanting and staking. Someone got 100m in a short amount of time thanks to merchanting, and was recognized for his achievement by a large part of TIF communtiy. If your claim is correct, why was he admired for achieving something that's not much more than what you consider "insignificant". As for stakers, whenever someone wins, there is a loser. Therefore, if you took everybody who staked, you would end up with a net total of 0 (all the gains there are losses). Your average staker may win a lot or lose a lot or anything in between. This means that you cannot just say that staking is good money because you cannot guarantee to be on the winning side. So, in the end, where is this so-called "average player" who considers 77 mill an insignificant amount of money?

You seem to make many claims about how, for you, vast amounts of money are considered insignificant amounts. Try proving such a method exists, let alone proving the average player uses such a method.

also, 99 crafting has similar exp rates to 99 construction. However it costs a lot less. I find it odd how you mention crafting as a "hard" skill when it's similar exp rates for a fraction of the cost. Woodcutting has also very similar exp rates and woodcutting doesn't even have a cost, that's supposed to be a hard skill? Furthermore, this debate was started weeks ago. According to your method, you would have already gotten 99 construction by this point. Clearly you're all talk but no action. Pathetic

Post again when you have a clue.

I think if you look at the high scores, you will see that hunter is likely to be the easiest 99. I mean its barely been out for a year and there are over 1200 people with 99 hunter. Thats insane! Plus hunter is pretty much cash free, and later levels actually make you cash.

triforceelf.png

i agree with what solidus said. cooking and fletching are much easier because they dont require as much attention. i think the rarest cape would be construction. i basically have NEVER seen a construction cape, and when i did train construction on my other char it takes a while to train it, and u hav to really pay attention! :D :D :D

izzy4fun.png

woodcuttersguildxm7.png

~i like it cuz it taste good!~

rsbandb.com/goalsigs/min-black/ranged/273742/izzy4fun.png[/img][/url]

I think if you look at the high scores, you will see that hunter is likely to be the easiest 99. I mean its barely been out for a year and there are over 1200 people with 99 hunter. Thats insane! Plus hunter is pretty much cash free, and later levels actually make you cash.

Hunter is nowhere near the easiest 99 - plenty of people are going for 99 in it is because it is one of the few skills that can make you money at a decent XP rate. Plus it's a relatively new skill, meaning there's more incentive to it than to the older skills, plus many people see it as an "honourable" (for want of a better word) 99.

Fletching - AFK-able, good XP rate (~70k/h), able to make a profit (although for fast, consistent XP you'll most likely run at a loss)

Cooking - AFK-able, very fast XP (~100-200k/h I'm not entirely sure), can break even, or can cost ~5M.

I'm only listing those two because other skills require either vast amounts of money, an attention span greater than the average players, extremely slow XP, etc.

Furthermore, even if 1,2k people have 99 hunter in a year. You can tell, if you've observed the highscores, that way more people have gotten 99 fletching/cooking in the past year, about 8k or so.

BlueSig6.jpg