The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

are u mad? construction easily gets 100k an hours with oak planks

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you mad? The fact that you can get over 100k/h means that you have the right materials to get it. Gaining these materials takes time and money plus it for sure isn't easy.

Lets do some calculations for you, mr 99-cooker.

1 oak plank = 60xp + ~500gp atm

99 = 13034431

= 13034431/60*500 = 108,620,258gp

You can remove few thousands of gp from that as it takes lvl 15 (2,411xp) to start using oaks.

If the tip.it's guide shows right, the demon butler cost is 48.1gp per item. Lets see...

13034431/60*48.1 = 10,449,268

In the other words, in order to get 99 construction at over 100k/h rate, you must have around 120m gp. That's if you don't care about fancy things like best altars or so.

Let's assume you craft nature runes. 1.7k natures per hour sounds somewhat a sane amount, you can do more but keeping that speed for hours is virtually impossible as everyone should know.

Nature price ~280gp

Essence price ~120gp

= 160gp profit per essence

= 272k profit per hour.

This means that in order to get the 120m, you have to rc for over 440 hours at the rate of 1.7k natures per hour. If you at this point start arguing that people can double them or mine their own essence, remember that getting 91+ rc takes hundreds of hours more and mining the essences make it even slower.

Yes, the leveling stage itself is somewhat ok for construction. However as even you should understand, getting to the proper leveling stage takes more efford than 99% of RS players are willing to put in.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Depends what you mean by "easily"... I think it's thieving, because people get some pretty insane xp rates/hour, while making profit, if they keep the artifacts.

Cooking is what, 330k xp.hour cooking sharks, but you lose some 200k/k cooked, I don;t think it's so easy.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Cooking is what, 330k xp.hour cooking sharks, but you lose some 200k/k cooked, I don;t think it's so easy.

If you can get 330k/h with sharks, you can get almost 190k/h with lobsters. That means you'd cook a bit under 1.6k fish per hour. With GE mid prices (255/raw 201/cooked) and that speed you'd lose 1.6k*54=86,400 per hour. Doesn't seem too sadistic. It actually would still cost under 6m to get to lvl 99 and take ~69 hours with almost no real work involved.

Cooking isn't easy? Heck, I used multiple times more than that 6m to get my last farming level. It's under 6% from what is needed to get 99 construction materials, goes under 5% when you actually take the level.

signaturehoh.jpg

And I don't remember saying otherwise. I said "The experience gain isn't all that generous either" Does that mean the experience is very hard? certainly not. I was not comparing construction with all the other skills I was comparing construction with cooking. Cooking is a lot higher therefore construction is harder in terms of experience rate.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• 7 months later...

I'd say the easiest skill is Firemaking. Buy the logs or cut them fast, light them, repeat. Also the most pointless skill for the cool emote. Construction is also a very fast skill to level, it also requires you to have tons of money which is why so few people have the cape.

Kisfvo.png

Kisfvo.png

Not as good as they could be, but I'm working on it.

I have both 99 cook and 99 fletch, and cooking was a lot easier. Some expensive skills have very high exp rates, but you have to take in consideration the money it costs: that money won't just make itself, it factors in the difficulty. Thus, overall, cooking.

Cooking:

- By the total time (time collecting needed items, such as gp to buy raw food + time used in order to gain the xp) it's the fastest skill out there. In the other words construction and summoning are faster AFTER you've gotten all the materials, but getting the materials is a lot faster in cooking.

- It takes almost no work at all. Right click banker, right click on "withdraw all", click the shark, use it on fire and cook all-> over 1k xp per click. That is even better than summoning with blue charms and geyser titans.

- When combined by both time and clicks, it requires virtually nothing. There's a reason why has the most people with 200m xp in it.

- It takes almost no concentration at all. This means that the xp flow is stable, unlike in most cases with skills like construction, mining, rc, hunter, etc. Infact it took so "much" attention and concentration that I was more often drunk than sober when I trained cook from 90 to 99.

Fletching doesn't much differ from this and basically the same points would be valid with it too.

signaturehoh.jpg

Easiest has multiple definitions in terms of leveling, so I'll give multiple answers.

Speed at which the exp can be gained: Construction or Summoning.

Overall speed (including time to gain money/gather supplies): Cooking, Fletching, or Firemaking.

Least effort (able to be afk-ed): Fishing or Woodcutting.

To find the ideal "easiest" skill, the skill that fits into all three of the categories the best is the easiest. This eliminates construction (the speed exp can be gained at is counteracted by the cost and amount of clicks), summoning (the cost and mind numbing amount of time spent collecting charms far outweighs the speed you can gain exp, even if you can get 13m exp in a day if you already have the supplies). Fishing and woodcutting are eliminated by the amount of time it takes to level, even if you don't have to pay attention. Firemaking is cheap and fast, but 100k clicks or whatever makes it difficult to stay attentive.

That leaves cooking and fletching. I'm not going to decide which is "easier" because they are different in the way you level them and one may be easier to some people than the other.

Hopefully this post is flame proof :ohnoes:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

What is the easiest overall 99 skill?

I had quite a long debate with my brother about this, and we negotiated between Construction, Prayer, Cooking, or Fletching.

What do YOU think?

I would have to say cooking.

Currently Leveling Slayer and Strength

RS Youtube Channel: WhitephionixLPP

Whitephionix.png

Whitephionix.png

That leaves cooking and fletching. I'm not going to decide which is "easier" because they are different in the way you level them and one may be easier to some people than the other.

You're right, but I'd have to say Cooking out of both of these. Fletching seemed more rushed while Cooking was relaxation the whole time through. Plus more people have 200M Cooking Xp than Fletching.

Erm..to the creator of this thread..you said the OVERALL Easiest 99 Skill..but on your choices, you only take SPEED into consideration.. #-o

In my opinion, the Overall Easiest 99 is Cooking. You lose only a bit more money than Firemaking, but it's much more - as Zierro said - relaxed. It's click, select cook all, wait, bank, repeat.

Fletching is also like Cooking, only you lose less money. But, you get 100K EXP/HR via Yews at 70. That's not my information, my friend said this as an average. Then, he also said that you get over 100K with Magics, but you need to get to 85 for that one.

Cooking gets you 120K EXP/HR via Lobsters at 68 w/ Gaunts. It raises to 200K EXP/HR via Sharks at 92 or 94 w/ Gaunts. This is more EXP than Fletching.

If my above information is wrong..just don't even acknowledge it. :P

Cooking is the easiest skill. :ugeek:

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

• 3 weeks later...
Slayer.

Wow, great joke. I fell out of my chair because of that :roll:

I'd say cooking is the easiest, because it doesn't require a lot of money and it provides very fast xp. But with, for example, herblore, you need to get around 100m to get it to 99 compared to the ~5m for cooking. Sure, herblore may be faster xp an hour (around 250k I'd say against the 210k(?) of cooking), but getting the money takes a long time.

2j3qh46.jpg

And yes there is no untrimmed slayer cape owned by a player yet... The only slayer cape in-game is on either J mods or Duradel in shilo village

That's a bunch of bull, why say that if you don't know what you are talking about?

You do know that he posted that in December 2007?

2j3qh46.jpg

Slayer.

Wow, great joke. I fell out of my chair because of that :roll:

I'd say cooking is the easiest, because it doesn't require a lot of money and it provides very fast xp. But with, for example, herblore, you need to get around 100m to get it to 99 compared to the ~5m for cooking. Sure, herblore may be faster xp an hour (around 250k I'd say against the 210k(?) of cooking), but getting the money takes a long time.

Uh, no joke. I think that's the easiest. Nobody said fastest.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

So in the other words, a skill that is on an average roughly 20k/h and requires clicking IF you have already trained certain stats is easier than a skill that is over 200k/h and requires no other skills or clicking? If this is the case, please define the word "easy", I'm relatively sure it's pretty interesting.

signaturehoh.jpg