Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

Solidus_77
[ Display Name History ]

Solidus_77

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

are u mad? construction easily gets 100k an hours with oak planks

And I don't remember saying otherwise. I said "The experience gain isn't all that generous either" Does that mean the experience is very hard? certainly not. I was not comparing construction with all the other skills I was comparing construction with cooking. Cooking is a lot higher therefore construction is harder in terms of experience rate.
76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007
379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

Posted Image
Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

luluu247
[ Display Name History ]

luluu247

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 117 posts
fletching for sure... you get your money back too :D
Posted Image

foodmanfood1
[ Display Name History ]

foodmanfood1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:foodmanfood1
cooking, or if you have lots of money prayer
I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

Kisfvo
[ Display Name History ]

Kisfvo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
I'd say the easiest skill is Firemaking. Buy the logs or cut them fast, light them, repeat. Also the most pointless skill for the cool emote. Construction is also a very fast skill to level, it also requires you to have tons of money which is why so few people have the cape.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not as good as they could be, but I'm working on it.

DieselX
[ Display Name History ]

DieselX

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 104 posts
I have both 99 cook and 99 fletch, and cooking was a lot easier. Some expensive skills have very high exp rates, but you have to take in consideration the money it costs: that money won't just make itself, it factors in the difficulty. Thus, overall, cooking.

Hoobs
[ Display Name History ]

Hoobs

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:De Rich Hobo
  • RSN2:Hi I Am A
  • Clan:TFS
Cooking in my opinion. Fast and (relatively) cheap.

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR
Cooking:

- By the total time (time collecting needed items, such as gp to buy raw food + time used in order to gain the xp) it's the fastest skill out there. In the other words construction and summoning are faster AFTER you've gotten all the materials, but getting the materials is a lot faster in cooking.

- It takes almost no work at all. Right click banker, right click on "withdraw all", click the shark, use it on fire and cook all-> over 1k xp per click. That is even better than summoning with blue charms and geyser titans.

- When combined by both time and clicks, it requires virtually nothing. There's a reason why has the most people with 200m xp in it.

- It takes almost no concentration at all. This means that the xp flow is stable, unlike in most cases with skills like construction, mining, rc, hunter, etc. Infact it took so "much" attention and concentration that I was more often drunk than sober when I trained cook from 90 to 99.

Fletching doesn't much differ from this and basically the same points would be valid with it too.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts
Easiest has multiple definitions in terms of leveling, so I'll give multiple answers.

Speed at which the exp can be gained: Construction or Summoning.

Overall speed (including time to gain money/gather supplies): Cooking, Fletching, or Firemaking.

Least effort (able to be afk-ed): Fishing or Woodcutting.

To find the ideal "easiest" skill, the skill that fits into all three of the categories the best is the easiest. This eliminates construction (the speed exp can be gained at is counteracted by the cost and amount of clicks), summoning (the cost and mind numbing amount of time spent collecting charms far outweighs the speed you can gain exp, even if you can get 13m exp in a day if you already have the supplies). Fishing and woodcutting are eliminated by the amount of time it takes to level, even if you don't have to pay attention. Firemaking is cheap and fast, but 100k clicks or whatever makes it difficult to stay attentive.

That leaves cooking and fletching. I'm not going to decide which is "easier" because they are different in the way you level them and one may be easier to some people than the other.

Hopefully this post is flame proof :ohnoes:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Hunter94
[ Display Name History ]

Hunter94

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts

What is the easiest overall 99 skill?

I had quite a long debate with my brother about this, and we negotiated between Construction, Prayer, Cooking, or Fletching.

What do YOU think?

I would have to say cooking.
Currently Leveling Slayer and Strength
RS Youtube Channel: WhitephionixLPP

Posted Image
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

That leaves cooking and fletching. I'm not going to decide which is "easier" because they are different in the way you level them and one may be easier to some people than the other.

You're right, but I'd have to say Cooking out of both of these. Fletching seemed more rushed while Cooking was relaxation the whole time through. Plus more people have 200M Cooking Xp than Fletching.

Fasty
[ Display Name History ]

Fasty

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 279 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Fast993
  • Clan:Corruption & TKO Blitz
Erm..to the creator of this thread..you said the OVERALL Easiest 99 Skill..but on your choices, you only take SPEED into consideration.. #-o

In my opinion, the Overall Easiest 99 is Cooking. You lose only a bit more money than Firemaking, but it's much more - as Zierro said - relaxed. It's click, select cook all, wait, bank, repeat.

Fletching is also like Cooking, only you lose less money. But, you get 100K EXP/HR via Yews at 70. That's not my information, my friend said this as an average. Then, he also said that you get over 100K with Magics, but you need to get to 85 for that one.

Cooking gets you 120K EXP/HR via Lobsters at 68 w/ Gaunts. It raises to 200K EXP/HR via Sharks at 92 or 94 w/ Gaunts. This is more EXP than Fletching.

If my above information is wrong..just don't even acknowledge it. :P

Cooking is the easiest skill. :ugeek:

Corruption Council - http://corruption-clan.com/forum
Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or
TKO Blitz.

drapit
[ Display Name History ]

drapit

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 737 posts
  • RSN:drapit
I'd say cooking.

Look at my stats, I haven't one 99 skill besides it (cooking).
Posted Image

Danno385
[ Display Name History ]

Danno385

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Danno385
  • Clan:Runescapions
To buy:Cooking

To do while doing regular stuff: Cooking

To aim to do and not buy: Woodcutting.
In fact, I do have some pancake mix.
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gGMc3tWhuY0

Woodcut Lvr
[ Display Name History ]

Woodcut Lvr

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • RSN:Valid Logic
Slayer.
Posted Image

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Yeni
[ Display Name History ]

Yeni

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RSN:Jenny Swe
  • Clan:T.F.S.
Cooking, easily.

In members, either cooking or fletching. You can see it on how many people who have 99 in these.
Posted Image
^ CLICK FOR BLOG ^

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bouwzie

Slayer.

Wow, great joke. I fell out of my chair because of that :roll:

I'd say cooking is the easiest, because it doesn't require a lot of money and it provides very fast xp. But with, for example, herblore, you need to get around 100m to get it to 99 compared to the ~5m for cooking. Sure, herblore may be faster xp an hour (around 250k I'd say against the 210k(?) of cooking), but getting the money takes a long time.

2j3qh46.jpg

acejesse13
[ Display Name History ]

acejesse13

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts

And yes there is no untrimmed slayer cape owned by a player yet... The only slayer cape in-game is on either J mods or Duradel in shilo village

That's a bunch of bull, why say that if you don't know what you are talking about?

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bouwzie

And yes there is no untrimmed slayer cape owned by a player yet... The only slayer cape in-game is on either J mods or Duradel in shilo village

That's a bunch of bull, why say that if you don't know what you are talking about?

You do know that he posted that in December 2007?

2j3qh46.jpg

Woodcut Lvr
[ Display Name History ]

Woodcut Lvr

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • RSN:Valid Logic

Slayer.

Wow, great joke. I fell out of my chair because of that :roll:

I'd say cooking is the easiest, because it doesn't require a lot of money and it provides very fast xp. But with, for example, herblore, you need to get around 100m to get it to 99 compared to the ~5m for cooking. Sure, herblore may be faster xp an hour (around 250k I'd say against the 210k(?) of cooking), but getting the money takes a long time.

Uh, no joke. I think that's the easiest. Nobody said fastest.
Posted Image

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR
[quote name="Woodcut Uh, no joke. I think that's the easiest. Nobody said fastest.[/quote]

So in the other words, a skill that is on an average roughly 20k/h and requires clicking IF you have already trained certain stats is easier than a skill that is over 200k/h and requires no other skills or clicking? If this is the case, please define the word "easy", I'm relatively sure it's pretty interesting.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users