The Overall Easiest 99 Skill To Get?

Jacks0n

Ranged, because it's my first 99, and is therefore the easiest.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

Are you kidding me? Construction has some of the fastest experience in the game, the reason it is rare is because it costs so damn much, and that alone doesnt account for it been a harder 99.

I'd say Fletching though, I am currently going for 99 fletch and got from lvl 20 to 91 in less than a week, just stringing yew longs, which I will be doing for another whole week to get it to 99.

Cooking is quick also, but can cost more than fletching (with fletching you can make a slight profit).

disturbeda.png

Well construction is slow as you have to ge all the cash to finance it in the first place.

Fletching is cheap however slower than cooking which is more expensive.

Overall I reckon it is cooking followed closely by fletching.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

I think that cooking is the fastest, no doubt, but I would say that Fletching is the easiest overall. This is taking into account cost, as you can buy it to a certain extent and you can get your money back and gain a small profit (stringing yews). I also think that the melee skills are reasonably easy and give a greater incentive to train, being able to hit higher and more frequently makes me want to train more, whereas training Firemaking for example, although is quite easy doesn't really give me any incentive apart from the cape.

I_Thur_I.png

Speed Wise in EXP: Summoning. You can quite litterally get 99 Summon from 50 or so in less then 5 seconds making Giant Chinchompas (Its just going to be a while collecting charms, and a freakishly long Cost)

Cost Wise in EXP: Fletching/Cooking. Nuff' Said.

Popoto.~<3

Thieving requires a lot more clicking than fletching and cooking. Therefore I'd say it's not the easiest. Though it might be faster xp-wise.

Yeah, but it does take forever to get to 91. I'd say Thieving is much harder than Cooking and Fletching, although it is still pretty easy in terms of all skills.

Have to agree Cooking/Fletching really are the definition of easy when it comes to 99's Theiving is close though people have to pay more attention to the screen to obtain this 99, which is probably why this one isn't thrown around by people as being easy compared to the likes of cooking/fletching.

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Cooking is the fastest, and is cheap to me. Summoning is fast and easy once you have the charms, but charms is a big part of the skill so it makes summoning long. No charms, no xp.

We do not quit playing because we grow old we grow old because we quit playing.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

2mhc00i.png

Getting any skill to the max of 99 is no slight feat, it is a challenge no matter the method, be it bought or skilled. Perhaps Cooking/Fletching are the easiest to buy and so are considered an easy skill to max. But what if you didn't buy them? Personally I did not buy my 99 Cooking, it was a mere cover to get a friend their D Chain for their birthday, getting the skill to max was a perk. Fletching was a means to an end with Woodcutting also being maxed. Fishing was a slice of hell as I had agreed to race a friend, the most harrowing experience on Runescape and I don't recommend it to anyone lol.

Overall easiest to buy? Cooking/Fletching

Overall easiest to get? None

Overall easiest to skill? Your pick

:thumbup:

True_Kohyru.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

True_kohyru.png

for my 99's sofar, herb actually. i got all the money very easy and it was really fast..., but i cant say anything on the other, because i havent done it

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 2 months later...

easiest non buyable: wc or fish

easiest buyable (cheap less than 10M at the cheapest): fletch or cook

easiest buyable (expensive 10M+ at its cheapest): no idea but im going with walka on herby or flatpacking construction or pray-x prayer...

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 3 weeks later...
Fishing or woodcutting. You point, click, wait till full, run to bank. Repeat.

Buyable skills? fletching or cooking.

Most skills are like that "Point, click, wait till EMPTY / FULL, bank. Repeat."

Fletch and cook are easy as in fast though.

• 3 months later...

Having both 99's in Fletching and Cooking, I'd say that Cooking is the easiest skill to get, whereas Fletching is faster with SC knives. Other contenders could be Firemaking and Ranged (extremely fast with chins).

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Having both 99's in Fletching and Cooking, I'd say that Cooking is the easiest skill to get, whereas Fletching is faster with SC knives. Other contenders could be Firemaking and Ranged (extremely fast with chins).

Ranged? i think that you forgot to include the HOURS either catching those thousands of chins or making tons of money...

Rainbow_Dude.png

• 1 month later...

damn, this thread really makes me miss 123yourgone

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

After a while going for my third 99 (mining, crazy :lol:) I can safely say that how easy a skill is is dependant on your personal preference. So far, I've found Mining to be quite easy, literally in comparison with fletching only because I am actually enjoying my time sitting there clicking and dropping granite (or clicking and waiting at LRC ;)). So, I guess what I'm saying is that even though a skill may be fast, it doesn't mean everyone will be able to sit there and train it. I can't stand firemaking, so I won't be getting that to 99 for quite some time. I also hate summoning, and will probably never get over 60 in the skill.

Of course, if a skill is quite fast it will instantly be deemed "easier" by the majority of people who train it, but remember; the guy spending hours training runecrafting to 99 might be finding it easier than you are getting 99 fletching ;).

disturbeda.png

lol i think that getting two more noob 99s after already having one is a little sadder...

'noob 99s'

ranking the virtual sadness of runescape achievements?

its a time waster, hella fun - but nothing you do on runescape will ever 'matter'

get a grip, you're obviously not getting enough fresh air

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It's kinda sad to only have 99 Fletching too, with no other skills even halfway to 99.

Overall, I'd say 99 HP is one of the easiet to get, as it happens over time with combat training.

lol i think that getting two more noob 99s after already having one is a little sadder...

Sorry but your cooking isn't ranked.